[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>see threads years ago about how burnt out people are about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
>see threads years ago about how burnt out people are about gaming
>think they're dumb and that'll never happen
>turn 25
>it fucking happened

What do you do? All I want to do is play Civ V which I'm already 600+ hours deep into, I have at least a thousand dollars of spending cash and I don't want to spend it on new RTS even though they're my favorite and I don't want to pay full price for Wii U games even though they look fun because I can't browse the internet while playing them

how do you break the cycle?
>>
either it just goes away or you stop playing and take up a new hobby and every now and then you'll play a game and remember what it was like.

feelsbadman
>>
>>335802374
at least I'm not spending 8 hours a day playing WoW right?
>>
Do what you want with your time and money.
If you don't feel like playing video games, why should you?
>>
>>335802814
Because I get out at dark and that's the funnest thing to do indoors

if it's nice out and I can sneak out early, I ride my bike all the time
>>
>>335802234
Just move on, and do something else. Exercising is the best I could find. Nothing is more enjoyable than coming home after work and a workout, getting your ass on your comfy chair, and playing a bit of vidya.
You will realize you miss it when you stop playing it long enough.
>>
>>335802234
>25
I'm fucking 20 and it hit me
I'm somply more interested in music and film now
>>
>get a good game, be into it for awhile
>get a bad game, be bored until next good game comes out.

It's not that difficult guys.

Implying you've never been bored of your old video games before.
>>
>>335803897
Just say movies, it doesn't make you look smarter when you say film, it makes you look like a cunt
>>
>>335802234

do something else for a while but for god's sake get off /v/

browsing /v/ is a surefire way to never play video games again

im 24 and i go through 'tired gamer' cycles frequently.

usually i just dive headlong into a big book and by the time i'm almost done with it i'm usually read to play a game again

then i play a game and realize games arent fun anymore and pick a new book to read
>>
>>335804129
In the last 2 years, I've spent little time here (because you're all faggots) and ironically more time on /hoc/ posting memes
>>
>>335804078
I'm from Europe so I'm used to word films instead of movies
>>
>>335804431
my bad then

people in america that use "film" and "cinema" are trying too hard to be different or to sound smart. Just say movies and theater.
>>
>>335802234
When i have too much time on my Hands i get bored. Now when i work all day i really anticipate goin home and playing vidya.
>>
Start going on walks or do workouts, not only do they make you physically fit it also helps clear the mind thus you might shake off the burnout
>>
Play interesting casual games like JRPGs and VNs
>>
>>335802234
You can fuck off back to tumblr is what you can do. wahhh wahhh
>>
games take up too much fucking time to be honest. theyre an unhealthy distraction and peoples lives would be better off if they kept xbox time to a minimum. I'm probably not going to buy a next gen system for a long time. I can't justify it anymore. I've got shit I need to do and games consoles are essentially procrastination machines
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.