[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any chance this game will be less of a complete disaster
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
Is there any chance this game will be less of a complete disaster than the previous one?
>>
Anyone?
>>
>>335801192
Considering SO4 was a step up from SO3 I'd say say yes.
>>
>>335801192
I didn't play the last one, or any Star Ocean games. I've heard good things about Till the End of Time, just never got around to playing it. Is it a good franchise?
>>
>>335803154
bait

>>335803245
They're all great except SO4.
>>
>>335801192
It has half the content the worst SO has
>>
Finished it last week, and I'll just say that you should make sure to completely avoid it.
>>
File: star_ocean_4_the_last_hope_21.jpg (60 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
star_ocean_4_the_last_hope_21.jpg
60 KB, 768x432
>>335803484
Not really. SO3 was shit. SO4 was at least marginally better, although too easy once you figure out DA MOVE in combat. And get over the fact characters are retarded.
>>
>>335803613
Well, shit. Can't say I'm surprised though. Shame.
>>
>>335803245
Good franchise. I think so2 and so 4 I think are the best. 1 and 3 were forgettable.
>>
>>335801192
>previous one

anon, entire star ocean saga is pretty a forgettable mediocre series that people remember fondly because of star ocean 2. even back then I was puzzled how it kept getting more games.
>>
>>335803718
The characters are beyond retarded though, they're godawful and utterly unlikeable. Crafting sucked, too.
>>
File: OOOOOOOHHHH.jpg (96 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
OOOOOOOHHHH.jpg
96 KB, 1200x675
>>335803718
I'm surprised people are still making a big deal about how characters look 5. Mannequin look was always a Star Ocean thing since they switched to 3D.
>>
>>335803718
Dude, I'm a gameplay > story sort of person, even in RPGs, and SO4 was so abominably stupid that I could not force myself to suffer it any longer once the protagonists were mistaken for AYY LMAOs in fucking Roswell.

The game is outstandingly dumb and the English dub is worse than waterboarding. The XB360 version I had bought didn't even offer Japanese.
>>
File: SO_PSP_covers.jpg (154 KB, 700x595) Image search: [Google]
SO_PSP_covers.jpg
154 KB, 700x595
>dat feel when want to replay the entire series before 5

Are PSP versions of 1 and 2 worth it?
>>
I was interested but cancelled my preorder after the censorship.
>>
>>335804581
What's censored?
>>
>>335804526
They are, but ONLY if you've already played original versions so you know how those games look originally and what's changed. SO2 particularly was hit with some changes I did not like that turn the game into a joke difficulty-wise.
>>
>>335803718
>Not really. SO3 was shit.

If you genuinely think this, then you do not have the faculty to understand what a good game even is.
>>
>>335804681
The little girl's underwear was made less revealing, the developers themselves said the change was made for the sake of western tastes but what's unusual about this situation is the madmen changed the Japanese version too. Moon players noticed the change from the pre-release footage and they're all pissed at us gaijin for making Squeenix change their game. Also part of the reason the game is getting shit ratings on Amazon.jp
>>
>>335805042
Which show you just how fucked up Japanese JRPG plays are. Then again, we're also talking about a fanbase willing to boycott a game because of VA choices so fuck it. For all the admirable loyalty Japanese developers have towards their native audience, that's not where the money's at.
>>
>>335804489
>I could not force myself to suffer it any longer once the protagonists were mistaken for AYY LMAOs in fucking Roswell.
That sounds fucking hilarious. How did that even happen?
>>
>>335805220
Don't get me wrong, the game has a plethora of other problems which their reviews also mention. This is just one of their issues.
Seems like the game doesn't actually have a lot of content for what they expect.
>>
>>335801192
From what we heard :
Short
Rushed as fuck
95% of the bestiary is from SO4
Shitty post game
Only one planet and it feel empty as fuck
Bland story
Actually cool cast and way better than SO4.
>>
20 hours
>>
>>335801192
Looks like a good game to me. And I did every single thing possible in so4. Hopefully it plays more like 3.
>>
It's already confirmed of being shit
>>
>SO1&2
>good
top kek
SO3 is miles better, the gameplay alone is a vast improvement such as magic being real time, item synth, huge as fuck, tons of extras
>b-but muh twist
Please. SO1 had a forgettable as fuck story and SO2 was nothing special, literally the same jrpg cliche of killing the awakened ancient evils who have biblical names and want to remake the world in their image
>>
>>335809390
Who are you arguing with? The only argument that looks like it was going on here was whether 4 was the weakest in the series or not.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.