[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone been playing Stranger of Sword City on either xbone or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5
File: Back-to-Back-Stranger.png (2 MB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
Back-to-Back-Stranger.png
2 MB, 1600x1000
Anyone been playing Stranger of Sword City on either xbone or vita /v/?

Also comes out on PC in june!
>>
>>335799905
what's that abomination on the right?
>>
>>335799905
How is it?
>>
>>335799905
me on the left
>>
>>335800872
Different art style
You can choose between either of them

>>335801067
I haven't gotten my copy yet, but vitagen seemed to be enjoying it. Pretty difficult with well designed dungeons.
>>
>>335801237
and why the different artsyles?
let me guess. the nips where complaining that the characters didn't look cute enough right?
>>
File: 1406082202123.jpg (55 KB, 300x280) Image search: [Google]
1406082202123.jpg
55 KB, 300x280
>>335801406
Not really sure
The original game released on the xbox 360 with the art on the left
They did a rerelease on the vita with the art on the right.
But both options are included.
>>
>>335801237
>vitagen seemed to be enjoying it
that doesn't say much
>>
>>335801530
that's weird but since it includes both artstyles I suppouse Its ok. Personally I'll stick to Yoko style all way thought the game until the end.
>>
>>335801881
>Personally I'll stick to Yoko style all way thought the game until the end.
That is what I plan to do once I get a copy.
>>
>>335800872
What Japan thought looked "better".
>>
>>335802239
"Fuck" japan.
>>
>>335799905

I wanted to play it for the great artstyle, but I have yet to have someone tell me what crawlers its comparable to. I didn't really like Demon Gaze overall, it had some grindy design decisions and was just too easy. I'm looking more for EO/DT2.
>>
>>335801530
No, nigger. Don't pin this shit on Vita.
The rerelease was xbone that had the new shit art.
Then it got sent over here with a choice between the old good art and the new shit art.
>>
I got the limited edition for vita. Fucking loving it but is it me or is the game fucking HARD?

I'm still being led around by kyo in the mausoleum and my fucking healer died and now a few battles later she straight up vanished.

Did I just lose her forever?

I COULDN'T FUCKING GET OUT OF THE STUPID DUNGEON, THERE WERE ENEMIES ON THE WAY
>>
>>335802339
Those my buddy are dungeon crawlers for you.
if you complain about this then I don't wanna see you playing either Wizardry or Elminage
>>
>>335802535
I'm not complaining, I'm just curious if she is actually, permanently gone or if I can get her back somehow
>>
>>335802339
>I'm still being led around by kyo in the mausoleum and my fucking healer died and now a few battles later she straight up vanished.
>Did I just lose her forever?
I do hear this game does have permadeath.
>>
>>335799905
I was in the first dungeon, right after you first make your party. And about half way in I had already died to this huge swarm of enemies.

I'm still not sure if the game is just that punishing, or I did something wrong
>>
>>335802856
same here, I'm being led through the dungeon by one of the NPCs, come across a fucking level 17 skeleton that one shots my tank, i run away, next battle is back to level 11s that I can shit on even though my average party level is like 4.

was that a rare enemy? did I venture to a spot I shouldn't have? the fuck is going on.
>>
>>335803097
Well that same exact thing happened to me. I was able to run away after it killed my main character, but found more of them blocking my path on the way back to the city. So that was game over for me

I've never actually played a dungeon crawler before so I'm pretty clueless on this desu
>>
>>335802339
Your first DRPG shouldn't have been etrian.
>>
File: sgE9cxu.jpg (951 KB, 2390x4250) Image search: [Google]
sgE9cxu.jpg
951 KB, 2390x4250
>bought limited edition just for this amazing artbook
>can't get over how good the art is
>probably gonna buy this on steam just to have a bigger screen to play the game with instead of a fucking vita screen

seriously, this artist is incredible. Please tell me they've worked on other, localized games.
>>
>>335803429
Nobody mentioned EO before you.
>>
File: CnutpUq.jpg (972 KB, 3718x2092) Image search: [Google]
CnutpUq.jpg
972 KB, 3718x2092
uploading pictures from a phone is a fucking pain in the ass.
>>
>>335802339
Yes. Was your healer old? Old characters have high stats but only have one heart point.
>>
>>335803767
alright so what the fuck are heart points? they do literally nothing to explain what goes on in character creation.

She was old, but she went from being black and white (what I understand is dead) to literally vanishing from my party completely. What caused that to happen, time? Battles? There is almost no explanation on these mechanics.
>>
>>335802239
>>335802292
>>335802318
>>335800872
Would you guys say that you would prefer the new extra content bonus art to be censored for the NA localization?
>>
>>335803668
Don't get upset, /eog/.
I'm saying that because EO doesn't have or does differently a number of mechanics from other DRPGs.
>>335803879
Body decay, dingus.
>>
>>335803625
It is indeed beautiful high fantasy art. Can't believe someone decided to put resources into creating an "alternative anime version" design.
>>
>>335804053
Censorship doesn't matter in this case.
I'd prefer to just have the original.
The new art is a disgusting abomination.
>>
>>335804073
yeah, so how would I have prevented that? What even is the circumstances of body decay?

If a member dies deep into a dungeon are you just completely fucked on getting them out of there still intact?
>>
>>335804073
I don't browse /vg/, that place is shit. Still it doesn't make sense to assume anon has played Etrian. Your remark just seemed out of place.
>>
>>335804425
Then he shouldn't have acted like such a DSP-tier bitch nigga.
>>
>>335803879
Young characters have lower base stats but can not die immediately, they can be brought back and revived but it costs a heart point.

Old characters die very fast due to only having one heart point.
>>
For the guys having trouble, you can reclass at level 1. If your characters start as a Knight, you get Shied Proficiency and Defence Boost, which you can immediately carry over to another class. And it only costs 100 crystals to reclass a level 1 character.
>>
>>335804517
so lets say you have a young character (3 heart points) that dies once. Is there any way to get that heart point back, or do they seriously have a fucking time limit on how long theyre going to be around? How the hell do you manage that?
>>
>>335804729
There should be, if I'm not wrong. I'mm too much of a pussy to let them die to I reset every time someone dies and use a defensive party. Knights are fucking amazing anyway, especially if they borrow Fighter or Samurai skills.
>>
>>335804729
You can recover the points by resting the character in the inn.
It recovers after a certain number of battles I believe.

Some items recover it as well, but they're extremely rare.
>>
>>335799905
Rather play the right. Left looks too "im strong n progressive, lookimee!!"
>>
>>335805018
>
>>
>>335804165
But you don't have to choose it.

It is an option that was added for no extra charge;.
>>
>>335804997
>>335804936
so then it sounds like there is literally no reason not to use young characters for the entire game. If they die at least you can revive them. If old characters permadie immediately then whats the point of having them in a fucking DRPG where you grind for days.

One bad set of RNG and poof, all of that grinding was put to waste unless they are young and can just be revived.

Shit mechanic, who gives a fuck about higher starting stats when you can just effectively grind that out without the worry of them permadying.
>>
The art on the left looks beautiful the art on the right looks like every other anime/manga themed video game or actual anime or manga, it feels sterile, carbon copy.
>>
>>335799905
I just picked up a shitload of cheap games from psn. I'll wait until Stranger of Sword City is on sale before picking it up.

Also.. who the fuck buys a xbone for weebshit?
>>
>>335805223
It's completely up to preference. You can use middle-aged characters who have a nice balance. 2 Heart Points and a decent amount of stats.
>>
>>335805297
nobody, thats why it sold horribly. and instead of realizing it was because it was on the xbone in fucking nipland they thought it was because the art didn't pander to otakus.
>>
Why is everyone so triggered by the art on the right? Both look fine.
>>
Left is too Korean for me
>>
>>335805256
Art on the left looks like every other lel2deep indie game.
>>
i refuse to believe japn's taste has gotten this low

looks like someone has to nuke my country a thrid time
>>
>vita
>xbone
>not ps4

fucking why? I can understand vita only cause weeb game but why xbone and not ps4? weird.
>>
>>335800872
>Western art vs eastern art
>>
>>335806335
It was originally a 360 game that got ported to xbone.
Maybe Microsoft has some sort of console exclusivity deal?
>>
>>335806335
For some reason, the Xbox gets Japanese exclusives every now and then
>>
>>335806472
Yes Xbox has a large shmup following in Japan I guess.
Raiden V just got released on xbone somewhat recently.
>>
>>335805018
Well enjoy your objectively worse and less detailed moeshit, only about one character's design looks slightly better in that art style compared to the original's.

Been enjoying this, but I really spent too long grinding it out in the tutorial dungeon, because that's all the fight back to the airplane is, a tutorial.
>>
File: Diablo5Exp.jpg (66 KB, 405x412) Image search: [Google]
Diablo5Exp.jpg
66 KB, 405x412
Vanishing is permanant, they're gone, but it doesn't really matter considering they are very generous with how character creation is handled in this, and your main character's level determines the level of any new characters you create, also characters back at base just gain EXP over time anyways.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.