[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nioh Thread because for some reason the last one was deleted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
File: nioh_wp_ios_e.jpg (246 KB, 630x1136) Image search: [Google]
nioh_wp_ios_e.jpg
246 KB, 630x1136
Nioh Thread because for some reason the last one was deleted
>>
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>335799843
it looks really bad..
>>
File: Oh wow.jpg (151 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Oh wow.jpg
151 KB, 1280x720
Boss is piss easy. And they're going to make the final game easier because of reddit babies
>>
Did the faggot OP delete his thread or did the mods mistake it for something else for some reason
>>
Nioh is the first game in such a long time where as I am outside, I often wish to be back home playing Nioh.

And it's only a damn demo. Holy shit.

My only gripe is basing your character around weapons rather than finding weapons around the world that suit your style. Perhaps it will change somewhat and so long as you don't give a damn about damage or KI consumption in regards to weapon attacks, then you can just get the unique attack scrolls.
>>
>>335800050
The spinning asshole on the boat was pretty hard. Nue is much easier though yeah
>>
I am pissed. The game did not save my progress after opening the shortcut by the first shrine in the second level, as I assumed quitting would not respawn enemies.

Fuck me.
>>
>>335799843
Why does the demo have no explanation of the basic mechanics

I'm fine with some obscurity, Demon's and Dark Souls made obscure mechanics and lore popular, but they still have a tutorial and UI that makes fucking sense
>>
>>335799843
Yeah what was up with that.

>>335800224
Enemies gon respawn on you. Important to keep in mind that they're not the threat, you are.
>>
Is there a way to have more items on my shortcuts?

Only restricting it to 2 is pretty shit.

Also need pre tips for beating Onryouki

Nigga keeps wreaking my shit
>>
This game would actually be better with an interconnected world instead of having different levels but maybe they were too ashamed of the souls similarity
Most of all it needs weapons that actually differ from each other
>>
If I have one complaint it's the aesthetic. Everything kinda blends together and I can't tell the difference between a wall and an enemy
>>
>>335800361
I play in a dark room and have no problem with that whatsoever. Maybe you should increase brightness.
>>
What am I missing with the R1 canceling or something with the stance switch.

Like blue shit phases into me when I time R1 presses after an attack but I can't figure out what it's doing and whether I should be utilizing it.

Also the lock-on is flimsy as fuck, should I just ignore it?
>>
Do we get any bonuses for beating the nue, or is it just for bragging rights?
>>
>>335800257
Like, open up Amrita Memories, there's your manual.

Not that I think that's enough. It's a common theme with these games:

>Oh shit, DMC is kicking my ass, this difficulty is off the wall!
>Oh I was just playing it wrong.
>Oh shit, Bayonetta is kicking my ass, this difficulty is off the chain!
>Oh shit, Godhand is kicking my ass, this difficulty is off the fucking.... meatloaf.

>"Should we make our tutorials useful in our next action game, Muesli Bar-San?"
>"No, let the gaijin suffer"

Meanwhile the western approach is to make the game braindead. Nobody takes the middle route.
>>
Does magic power increase the damage dealt by fire talisman?
>>
>>335800490

Press R1 when the white bar fills up to the top of the red bar to refil all the lost ki
>>
>>335799843
downloading it now, hope is worth the wait familia.
>>
>>335799843

How did Varian get into this game
>>
>>335800495
Bragging rights.
>>
After playing Nioh my attitude has changed for all the other games I pick up, I find myself wanting a challenge much more than normal, it's a nice feeling.
>>
>>335800334
Whatever the nip term for the caltrops work are a big help in his second mode. Other than that, lots of meds and a full spirit bar. Just try to stay near his sides.
>>
>>335800560
yes, but none of those games start you off in a state where grunt enemies take 3 combos to kill but kill you in a single slash

It's also fucking stupid that draining your endurance makes you sit there catching your breath for a second. Sure, stop me from attacking or running, but don't force me to die because I used my stamina.
>>
>>335800560
Middle route is usually levels like World 1-1 where the tutorial is the game itself without being too forced. That being said there are only a handful of games that did that right.
>>
>>335800490
You see how your stamina regenerates at two speeds? Press R1 at just the right time and you get a speedy recharge.

You should also get used to walking while locked on. running makes you turn around but blocking or walking makes you face the enemy.
>>
Reminder that DSP is good at this game
>>
>>335800646
he stranded there
>>
is type A the only control scheme or am i high?
>>
>>335800832
Unless atmosphere is what you're going for, I say just pull a fighting games deal and divorce your tutorial from the game entirely.

Blazblue's tutorial is fantastic, for example.
>>
>>335800856
>You should also get used to walking while locked on. running makes you turn around

This, it opens your back up for punishment and you take higher damage.

I'm still trying to get used to it but it's great someone told me how to do it.
>>
>>335800746
Uhh actually it's not stamina, it's ki and draining it leaves you huffing in real life too.
>>
>>335800490
>Also the lock-on is flimsy as fuck, should I just ignore it?
Nah, there's a lot of vertical slices you'll miss otherwise.

Remember, you can block while otherwise being stunned to instantly break out of a combo. Seriously the games a bit lenient with shit like that.
>>
>>335800746
>It's also fucking stupid that draining your endurance makes you sit there catching your breath for a second. Sure, stop me from attacking or running, but don't force me to die because I used my stamina.

The game punishes you for being rash and unthoughtful. Learn to master the Ki system before talking shit.
>>
File: smug dominic west.jpg (74 KB, 684x1000) Image search: [Google]
smug dominic west.jpg
74 KB, 684x1000
>>335800746

Don't drain your Ki completely next time. You understand the rules of the game and how strict it is towards sloppy play.
>>
>>335801224
Drain your Ki all you want, just undrain it with Ki Pulse.
>>
>>335801085
gomenasai
>>
>>335800746

Nah, git gud. The name of this game
is stamina management. If you're not utilizing ki burst, you should be punished.
>>
>>335800949
Never played Blazblue but I must agree that the way fighting games deal with "tutorials" is pretty good. Even my mother could get into Skullgirls if she played through the story mode.
>>
>>335800746
>but don't force me to die

You'll take 1 hit max before you can roll away 99% of the time, if taking 1 hit is killing you need to reorganize and reflect on how you're playing the game.
>>
>>335800935

It is; most likely only for the demo
>>
>>335801425
>You'll take 1 hit max before you can roll away 99% of the time
You can't cancel out of recovery animations into a roll. Try to roll out of a combo, not happening.

You can, however, cancel into a block, then cancel from THAT into a roll.
>>
>>335801304

Does Ki Pulse keep you in place, or can you distance yourself and pulse at the same time?
>>
>>335800361
Change your TV settings or the infamous brightness. I play on "game mode" and it's easy to see hidden enemies.

Bloodbrone on the other hand...
>>
>>335801575
Keeps you in place, unless you're Low Stance in which case dashing also serves as a Ki Pulse.
>>
The music and sound effects in general are pretty lackluster. But it's not like I can expect quality from a team ninja game
>>
>>335801575
Yeah you can also ki dash by dashing after an attack
>>
>>335801756
Let alone a Alpha demo.
>>
File: 1461732597245.jpg (36 KB, 223x349) Image search: [Google]
1461732597245.jpg
36 KB, 223x349
Can any kind anon do some sort of write up off all the common pitfalls, tips and tricks, etc that we can take a screen shot of and distribute through these threads so other anons have an easier time finishing the demo

I haven't wont be able to try until this weekend and I wont have much time to play so I would like as much of an edge I can get
>>
>>335801756
What?

Sound effects are great and the Main Menu and Death theme are really nice.
>>
>>335801845
Yeah I'm sure they're ready to overhaul the sound effects for the entire game this close to release
>>
>>335801876
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXOu1wG70_k

Brief Tutorial from Gaijin hunter

>>335801951
>>335801973
It's an Alpha, not even a Beta yet and it only promises to release in 2016. The ball chucking boss needs more Oomph though, he's throwing around cannon balls, it should be punching through the hull of the ship.
>>
>>335801973
Ken Levine overhauled the entirety of Bioshock infinite in 6 months.
A few new sound effects and features shouldn't be that hard.
>>
Fighting multiple enemies is difficult (as it should be) but possible. There is nothing wrong with the controls or combat.

Like >>335797678 says

>Ni-Oh doesn't tolerate any fucking about

You have to make conscious, intentional input. You can't spam attacks and luck out. When surrounded by a group of enemies you are at a severe disadvantage and you have to find safe openings to exploit.

Blocks and parries work no matter the angle of an enemy's attack. So you can focus (lock-on) to the largest threat in a group and watch the other enemies peripherally, when they attack (from behind, side, whatever) you parry, block or backwave depending on the situation and your comfort with timing. Parry does not cancel lock-ons so you'll retain focus on the enemy you were locked onto before the back/side attack from the second, third or fourth enemy came.

Atm I like Haze since it doesn't make William track the parried enemy as much as Water Shadow and I can continue to focus on and attack the enemy I perceive as the biggest threat. It also looks cool as if the other attackers are insignificant and not to be concerned with.

There are times when Backwave, Water Shadow and a general block are the smarter choice.

Webm is of this shit in action. Had to cut a lot because file limits here. But Fighting and defeating groups is possible it just takes skill. I'm not there yet, crowd control and Ki management is gonna take a lot of familiarity the move lists of enemies as well as my own but I'll fucking get there.

Nioh and Team Ninja are fucking rad
>>
>>335799843
It says i need PS+ to play this demo (germancuck)
Is it worth the 6.99€?
>>
File: 1460225974248.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1460225974248.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>>335801973
>this close to release
We don't even have a release date.
If they can ask for feedback on shit then it isn't releasing soon enough that they can't change shit.
>>
>Run into oni in the house
>Run away like a bitch
>Nigga busts through the wall like the kool aid man

10/10
>>
>>335802084
Alphas are literally wireframe and pretexture. I hate this bulkshit esxcuse for an unpolished game term. The demo is a fucking BETA.
>>
Wow. Wow. Wow wow. I really can't believe what I just played. You guys hyped this up so much..I love souls games but I went into this with a totally open mind and hoping for the best..

>cut a guys chest, his head goes flying off
>Clunky as fuck combat
>laughbly bad art style
>poor graphics
>So many souls rip offs it's hilarious
>ugly bland level design

Fuck anyone praising this garbage over souls. Souls has an artistic touch that this just completely lacks. My biggest complaint is the combat is totally unsatisfying..It feels like plastic hitting plastic. It's horrible. Fuck you guys for wasting my time.

I'm sure some weebs are going to attack me..That's totally fine. I'll be the one laughing when this shit has a 65 on metacritic and is completely forgotten about a week after its release. Contrarian douche bags.
>>
>>335802269
it's pretty good and it'll net you a good 6 hours of gameplay.
>>
>Defeat a big demon at the second stage
>About to get a chest
>Two ninjas jump out of fucking nowhere and kill me
Well, that was bullshit.
>>
>Try to help others in matchmaking to get through the levels.
>They're completely and absolutely retarded. Don't isolate enemies, constantly run out of stamina, etc.
Jesus christ.
>>
>>335802412
I spent 6 hours just getting to the first boss.
I suck but I loved every minute of it.
>>
>>335802404
you're probably not used to see such a stable framerate
you're in shock
>>
>>335801415
funny how that style of tutorial is heavily influenced by Namco's patent on tutorials in fighting games
>>
>>335802419
Use the Shark Guardian for a radar then.
>>
So /v/ whats your favorite guardian spirit?

Not being a sharkbro
>>
>>335802404
Git gud.
>>
>>335802518
That literally has nothing to do with any of my complaints you fucking idiot.
>>
When rhe fuck is the final release
>>
>>335802404
truth bomb
>>
>>335802404
I normally forget about a demo after I play it.
I have played this demo 2 times now and am thinking of doing a third run with Ninjitsu focus.

Sorry you couldn't get far enough into the demo to learn how to make the combat work.
>>
>>335802084
I should have known he would make a video on this, thanks anon
>>
>>335802692
probably not till the end of the year
>>
can someone explain the ninjutsu and talisman. Is it unlimited items or usable items?
>>
>>335801307
Arigato-you're welcome. Goku didn't go super saiyan using stamina lmao, ki is far more important.
>>
>>335802404
ALPHA demo vs full released game

Weee
>>
>>335802768
Limited but refilled at shrines. Basically they are like spells from the original dark souls.
>>
>>335802768
limited between shrine visits. Like your health, the uses get restored every time you pray.
>>
>>335802404
kill yourself
>>
>>335802692
"2016". realistically this means the game is almost finished and we're not going to get many improvements over the demo
>>
>>335802667
well its the only "you" you're getting
>>
This game is harder than any Soulsborne game I've played. And I'm fucking loving it.
>>
>>335800050
I suck I've been stuck on the 1st boss for five hours, still I'm having fun
>>
>>335802768
Limited and usable items
>>
>>335800863
He's not terrible.
>>
>>335801876
I'll try

>Pull aggro whenever you can. Stones, Shurikens. If you see even two people together don't rush in.
>If you do overpull, just fucking run. Back to the start of the level if you have to. They'll head back to their spawn, but their ranges do get ridiculous.
>Once you get the bow, some mobs are "aggro-linked". The way you deal with this is just to pin a headshot on a mob with no helmet, which will leave you with just one to deal with. (There's never more than two aggro-linked)

>Switch stances, experiment often. High is slow, low is fast, and damage scales how you'd think.
>Don't get hit. Dash whenever you can, leave your equip load under 30%
>If you do get hit, immediately block, it'll cancel the recovery animation. You can then dodge out of that.
>Different stances have different dodging capabilities/i-frames. Switch to low when you need to concentrate on defense.
>Learn how to Ki Pulse (Hit R1 after performing a combo, before the refilled bar turns red), but as a rule of thumb never drain your stamina.

>Elixirs stack over the limit when offering equipment at a shrine
>When offering equipment, tap the touchscreen to mass-offer equipment.
>You get Samurai Points by levelling up, spend them. Try to concentrate on a single weapon.
>You can't dodge-cancel out of either mid or high stance strikes with the axe in the alpha, keep that in mind

>All enemies have armour-frames while attacking. Never assume you have right of way, or else you're going to trade hits in the worst possible way.
>Co-op doubles boss/yokai damage and quadruples boss/yokai health. It's not easy street, it's hard mode.
>If you're facing a fast enemy, just swallow your pride and switch to low stance.

>If you get to the second level, equip two lightning charms and Reikan as your Guardian Animal, or be prepared to eat shit

I miss anything?
>>
>>335802912
>realistically this means the game is almost finished and we're not going to get many improvements over the demo
Then why have a feedback survey?
For shits and giggles?
>>
>>335802768
If you put points into any of the ninjutsu and talisman skills and equip them via the shrine you can then equip their corresponding item to your hot bar and have a limited number of uses for those items before you revisit a shrine.
So use a fire talisman once and return to a shrine to get it again.

there are charms that give you the same thing but they are one time uses and cost no points in the skills to use.
>>
>>335802920
It clearly isn't
>>
>>335802656
Had no issues with the difficulty. The combat was just unsatisfying.

>>335802728
Are you guys not understanding me? I understand the combat, it just feels hollow and plastic.

>>335802884
Awe, does it upset you that I don't like your shitty chinese knock off of dark souls? Filthy weeb.
>>
>>335802419
Go back to Engrand!
>>
>>335803032
so they can tweak a few things like the difficulty and backpedal if everyone says it's horrible. Since most people seem to like it the final product is going to be almost identical
>>
>>335802629
Shark is best, but I have a newfound appreciation for fox.
>>
>>335803004
they are not really aggro link as much as if someone sees a guy die in front of him he will seek you out.
If you kill a dude in a group that is behind everyone and nobody is looking at him then they don't notice he died.
>>
Is there going to be more then 3 weapons? I want a greatsword.
>>
File: kaz.jpg (43 KB, 747x309) Image search: [Google]
kaz.jpg
43 KB, 747x309
>>335803032
Pretty much. Did you really think based nips give a fuck what you think?
>>
>>335803195
Git gud.
>>
>>335803308
Ninja Gaiden had greatswords and scythes. And bladechucks. So I don't see why not.
>>
>>335803195
How far did you get.
Because the further you get the more options and control over the combat you get.
You start out with nothing and soon come into gaurd breaks Ki regain, parrys , counter attacks and special attacks tied to each stance.

You have not played long enough if you think it is hollow.
>>
>>335803294
Well, mentally replace "aggro-linked" with "enemy placement so that you can't pull them one at a time, so try to kill one at a distance".

>>335803308
Alphas are considered feature-complete, don't count on it.
>>
>>335803308
no
>>
>>335802084
>Stabbed him with an axe by grabbing it with both palms
I laughed, but its a legit good system if it works on any weapon as long as you're fighting humans.
>>
>>335803308
What Samurai or ninja every used a great sword?
You will probably get Kunai and something else but Your heavy weapons will be hammers and Axes.
>>
>>335803503
It's not even an alpha. I'm not sure why they call it that. it's closer to a beta than anything
>>
>>335803527
It does work with any weapon, but the timing is a BITCH. Like half the frames of any weapon parry.
>>
>>335803004
Thanks for the work man, I dont know if that is everything but its defiantly a lot of really good info, I'll start making an image with all this in it now, if anyone else adds anything else I'll add that too
>>
>>335803582
A nodachi is technically a great sword.
>>
>>335803308
Nah they're actually removing one of them chosen by the fans. I voted to remove hammer.
>>
>>335803506
Why wouldn't there be. There is two extra slots on the top when choosing skills to buy.
What is to say there isn't at least one knew weapon and one new other thing.

Also we haven't even been able to level the spirits.
>>
>>335803308
Greatsword? Probably no.
Will be more weapons or skills though, UI leaves enough space in the skills menu for tabs for other weapons or other shit.
>>
Fun game I was surprised. Equipment drops were a little annoying though. Can't wait to play the whole game.
>>
>All these people complaining about the lock on and huffing and puffing.

YOU RACK DISCIPRINE
>>
>>335803394
It's funny that not only is the game a blatant dark souls rip off...Its fans are also stealing phrases from the souls community. Absolutely pathetic.

>>335803457
You misunderstood me. It's not the mechanics..It's the feeling I get when my sword makes contact with someone. It just doesn't feel right
>>
So I was going through the burning town in the first area, and got up to the rooftops. I skirted the first surprise pitfall, but as I was going around to kick down the ladder to open a shortcut, I fell into a second pitfall and got gang-banged. How much more of the first area is past that ladder I almost reached?
>>
If they keep the difficulty as it is, the game will probably be very short. Considering some people manage to spend 12 hours on the demo, they could probably get away with only making two or three more levels and call it a 20 hour game
>>
>>335803810
i'm sure equipment drops will be different in teh full game since this demo didn't actually use the familiarity system nor other systems the game had in play. Like leveling spirits and two other plates on the shrine are missing.
>>
>Shoot a nigga in the arm, falls of the roof
>Runs all the way from Osaka just to get to me
>Falls through the collapsable roof and dies
>My fucking sides
>NANI?!
>The bandit below runs up to to get his ketsu cut

THIS.
GAME.
>>
>>335803308

I'm guessing this means the katanas, spears, and axes/hammers are identical in terms of movesets? Is there any difference between them?
>>
>>335803832
>You misunderstood me. It's not the mechanics..It's the feeling I get when my sword makes contact with someone. It just doesn't feel right.

Funny that you say that, because I think the feeling of hitting shit and just the general game feel is vastly superior to anything in Souls.
>>
>>335803601
Betas are asset-complete, which means that Nioh has a whole bunch of levels that don't exist yet.

Goes
>Prototype - pre-production version of gameplay, featuring blocks, geometric levels, bumper-car animation if any
>"First Playable" - you can play it, representative of gameplay, some assets to convey gameplay.
>Alpha - "feature complete" - gameplay is done, is considered representative of the final product, missing assets
>Beta - "asset complete" - all assets are there, no unshippable bugs (Nothing that will melt your device)
>Code Release - bug quashed version
>Gold - final Code Release

Calling Ni Oh an alpha is fair enough.
>>
>>335803967
Not too far, after that is another little bit of a town and then the small coast area with a few enemies and optional side area past an Oni. Then it's the boss.
>>
File: 1416003348778.jpg (100 KB, 589x559) Image search: [Google]
1416003348778.jpg
100 KB, 589x559
Where's the official semen demon of Nioh? All I see are dudes and that one female demon in the trailer.
>>
>>335803832
Dark souls shamelessly ripped off DeS though.
>>
>>335804064
>hit a guy in the stomach
>his head falls off

Okay
>>
File: Bloodborneâ„¢_20160411100656.jpg (175 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborneâ„¢_20160411100656.jpg
175 KB, 1920x1080
>>335803832
Your taste is pathetic. Let me tell you something else, you delusional casual, the Dark Souls community is right here loving and playing Nioh! YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
>>
>>335804040
Speed, damage, stamina usage, advanced combos, guard/dodge, stamina damage all change
>>
>>335803832
It's mocking soulsfags using their own shitty term against them. Don't like it when the shoe is on the other foot eh?

It's funny how bootyblasted soulsfags are that not only is their a souls-clone getting some attention, but in many ways it's actually better.
>>
>>335804082
Sweet, thanks. This demo just keeps going and going. The bigger demons are kicking my ass, the only way I can beat them is stay away, then run in and poke them once or twice with a mid-spear attack before running away, I'm avoiding them as best I can.
>>
>>335804162
What? Are you joking? You know dark souls is basically DeS 2, right?
>>
>>335804162
Yeah and Mario Galaxy shamelessly ripped off Mario 64
>>
>>335804265
Don't forget to use your circle+triangle super mode to make oni battles easy mode.
>>
>>335804068
among other things like features that showed present but were not working.
The equipment familiarity thing not working. Leveling spirits. a few options in the shrine not available. 2 slots in the skill tab missing icons and content. i'm sure we don't even have a quarter of the available skills in the alpha demo.
>>
>>335804162
(You)
>>
>>335804068
Ni Oh could very well be in alpha, but I agree with the other Anon, smells like bullshit.

It's just way too polished for an alpha, unless they pulled an Ground Zeroes and focused just on this particular demo I can't see how this qualifies for an alpha. The only thing that seems to actually need touching up is the frame rate.
>>
>>335804252
What? Can you read? So..You genuinely think this games level design comes close to souls? You really believe that?
>>
>>335803832
>he thinks Git Gud was made entirely from and for the Souls Community.
They use it the most yeah but it was made on here to cut back on how much you need to type in order to tell someone to fucking learn how to play the game and stop bitching at your own inadequacy like it is the games fault.
>>
>>335804428
Pretty vestigial stuff.

>>335804486
Well it's been in development hell, who knows how much shit they've got behind the curtain.

But yeah, probably not much going to change from here to final release.
>>
>>335804180
I really hope there's going to be kabuki face paint.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1wcuoxs4mU
>>
>set the first Oni on fire and he just runs around, with me having to fight him head on

Now what do I do with this key.
>>
Finished it, kind've disappointed.

I like whats shown but none of it feels good. Moving the character feels like your moving him through thick molasses and button presses all feel like they have hefty input delay.

Still runs poorly in action mode too despite the not so amazing visuals.

Coming from the Ninja Gaiden guys I expected better controls. I'll keep chipping away at it but I just don't like how it feels when I press a button in relation to the corresponding action that displays on screen.
>>
>>335804560
You genuinely think Souls combat comes close to this game?
>>
>>335803832
Not really. You know who first accused the game of artificial difficulty? Souls fags.
>>
>>335804675
Open a door
>>
>>335804168
You really going to go there? Hitboxes in souls are a joke.
>hit dude in arm
>counts as a backstab
Okay

>>335804560
No, level design is pretty much the only thing souls has over it.
>>
>>335802084
would be nice for him to shut the fuck up
>>
>>335804826
Where, I opened a door to get to him.
>>
File: image.png (266 KB, 399x400) Image search: [Google]
image.png
266 KB, 399x400
>tfw seeing that little cyclops guy turn into a youkai muhammed ali
I shit my pants and ran the first time, but was hella neat
>>
>>335804769
Uh. Wow. Yes. It literally shits all over it. Do you think faster = better? It doesn't. The combat is clunky and unresponsive
>>
>>335804804
PC soulsfags did.
It happened immediately at the start of the pc release of Dark Souls 1.

Nobody understands what real Artificial difficulty is. Here is a hint. It was never in a Souls game but you experience it constantly in a racing game with a plumber and a turtle.
>>
>>335804917
behind his house.
>>
>>335804693
It's not the Ninja Gaiden team. Most of the people behind ng left
>>
File: confused portugese man.png (347 KB, 468x400) Image search: [Google]
confused portugese man.png
347 KB, 468x400
>>335804917

You serious nigger? The areas are pretty damn compact, there's no reason you should be wondering where to go at any point.
>>
>mfw Oni
>nfw NINJA Oni

Damn son
>>
>>335805049
Ah.
>>
>>335804881
I don't care about your dumb argument but souls hitboxes are not bad, and arguably better than this game's hitboxes
>>
>>335805008
>The combat is clunky and unresponsive
Git gud.
>>
>>335805072

Even so after the big NG departure the Razors Edge team still fixed a lot of issues with RE and that game still controls fantastically. Thousands times better than this does.
>>
>>335805006
>tfw ganged raped by 4 ninjas
>>
>>335805172
Low stance spotted.
You know low stance is incredibly close range right.
>>
>>335805008
>clunky and unresponsive.

Nice meme.

Once you learn how the Lock on and Ki system works the combat becomes way more fluid than Souls. It feels closer to Ninja Gaiden.
>>
>>335805124
Everything looks the same.
>>
>>335805172
>and arguably better than this game's hitboxes
Whatever you are on I want some of it. Must be some amazing shit.
>>
>>335805283
High Stance all day actually
>>
>>335800490
Do it some times, it's really easy once you have it in you and makes the game much EASIER and more fun to play.

Reminds me a lot of DeS
>>
>>335805328
elaborate
>>
>>335805314

Learn to mentally map out the area instead of relying on physical markers to determine your location, because you'll never get past the fishing village with your current mindset.
>>
>>335804769
>>335804804
>>335804881
I'm not going to argue anymore. You guys love japanese culture and this game has it in spades. You're all biased and would droll over a turd if it came out of a jap

>>335805185
Are you literally retarded? My complaints have nothing to do with difficulty
>>
>>335805365
>not playing every stance accordingly to what is most useful for the enemy.
>>
>>335805008
t. Nioh Fan playing blatant contrarian for keks
>>
>>335805008
Souls games are intentionally clunky but you never mention that.
>>
>>335805530
your complaints have nothing to do with reality
>>
File: success.jpg (5 KB, 196x199) Image search: [Google]
success.jpg
5 KB, 196x199
I'm glad all of you think this shit game is great because that means they won't change a thing for the release and it'll flop hard.

Stay gold, bitches.
>>
>>335801575
With low stance a sidestep also charges the ki. So every stance actually DOES much vary on gameplay and i FUCKING love that.

And all those fucking Shuriken. Been throwing exploding fire shuriken at enemies, makes it so easy. And also beat the boat fucker today again, after a restart.

This time the third try was the charm.
>>
>>335805530
>y-y-you're just weebs! im gonna go cry to mommy!
Top kek git gud kid
>>
>>335805006
Thats what you get for bullying little yokis
>>335805281
Hit that low stance, baby
>>
>>335805559
high stance is useful against everything. OP
>>
>>335805562
Delusional weeb

>>335805572
>slower pace = clunky

Idiot
>>
File: 1461538091424.jpg (39 KB, 387x374) Image search: [Google]
1461538091424.jpg
39 KB, 387x374
>>335799843
>want to play the game
>game constantly thinks I'm not actually signed in and kicks me
>reinstalled three times
>same shit, completely game breaking, impossible to progress
>whine about it in threads
>people tell me to get off McDonald's wifi
>I sigh, and continue playing DaS3 with flawless connectivity while torrenting porn

I really, really want to play this, it looks so fucking cool.
>>
>>335805395

I dunno, it reminds me of a slower, grounded Ninja Gaiden with input delay with a Souls bow wrapped around it.

It had a lot of promise but I wanted it to be fast like NG but still remaining grounded. If I wanted slow I would've stuck to Souls.
>>
>>335805140
>Full game comes out
>Rifleman and Samurai Oni

Shit's gonna get real.
>>
>>335799843
geralt? What are you doing in japan?
>>
>>335805732
>has said git gud 4 times in one thread
>Calls someone a kid

Tip top kek
>>
>>335805679
I'm glad that you're so mad soulsfag.
A great new game and it makes soulsfags butthurt to boot. Christmas come early.
>>
File: obamasip.jpg (38 KB, 508x595) Image search: [Google]
obamasip.jpg
38 KB, 508x595
The lock on is shit, can't even begin to play like this.

Won't even bother filling the survey since the few retards here say they love it, they can have it the way it is.

Too bad it'll bomb though.
>>
>>335805758
Explain to me what you mean by clunky then. The game requires huge commitment to everything that feels initially clunky. Nioh is quick and everything flows nicely.

What the fuck does clunky mean to you?

Clunky:

"awkwardly solid, heavy, and outdated.
"even last year's laptops look clunky""

It seems like you're using clunky to mean "thing I don't like"
>>
>>335805913
mad because bad
git gud
>>
>>335805530
>I'm not going to argue anymore. You guys love japanese culture and this game has it in spades. You're all biased and would droll over a turd if it came out of a jap.

That must be one of the most retarded asspull strawman I have heard in quite a while.

You DO realize that Souls is made by Japanese people too right? And most people on /v/ ripped them a new asshole for DaS2. Just like they did for the abomination that was Ninja Gaiden 3.

Sounds like you're the biased one here.
>>
>>335805742
High stance doesn't deplete Ki nearly as fast as the other stances and have problems catching up with faster enemy. If you're just dodge-poking at Yokais, it's the equivalent of shooting only your guns in DMC.
>>
>>335805919
LOOK AT THIS GUY

This is the only reason there are people pretending this game is good; they think they will annoy souls fans.

AVOID THIS SHIT GAME
>>
>>335805919
Yeah it seems likely that someone who likes Souls clones dislikes actual Souls games. You're not fooling anyone, Soulsfag
>>
>>335806019
I'm not even that guy but kill yourself
>>
File: yeah no.gif (925 KB, 212x176) Image search: [Google]
yeah no.gif
925 KB, 212x176
It's Razor's Edge all over again. Is Team Ninja beyond hope?
>>
>>335800176
>>335802949
Apologies, by pisseasy boss I meant the boat boss.

All you got to do was to run to his rear every time he makes a move (in his 2nd form). Literally none of his move will hit you.
>>
>>335806039
It's funny because Dark Souls 2 is better than this game. Soon the only Souls games that will be considered good here will be bad Souls clones
>>
>>335806058
The purpose of the demo and survey is for people to give their input for which KT will improve the game.

Your negative attitude towards people who like the gameplay screams insecurity. I actually want another game that isn't Souls that is highly regarded in gameplay. Partly because of community members like you. More options and games, less elitism.
>>
File: question.jpg (103 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
question.jpg
103 KB, 1600x1200
It filled with flaws. Is there a point to fill the survey? Since a lot of people seem to love it the crappy way it is, it seems like a waste of time.
>>
>>335805742
Useful in the sense that it does the most damage but it definitely isn't useful in every situation. High stance leaves you most open to attack (high stance enemies are the easiest to counter) and the opposite is true of low stance. Mid stance is a balance of the two.

You should also be considering your enemies profile. For example, the horizontal slash and forward pierce of the mid stance is almost useless against the yoki that frequently crawl. In the same sense the high stance, with its vertical slashes and slow pirouette, are pretty useless against ninjas who tend to dart from side to side.
>>
>>335806058
>think
Soulsfags are already platinum mad, don't deny

>>335806062
Except this game isn't shit and has actually good combat.

>>335806154
Thank you for the (you)
>>
>>335806265
>KT will improve the game
ahahahahaahaha
>>
>>335806170
>It's Razor's Edge all over again.

RE is good though.

Far from amazing but what they did with that turd of a game is remarkable.
>>
>>335806265
>Your negative attitude towards people who like the gameplay screams insecurity.

Yeah, not filling the form then.

Enjoy your shitty flop of a game.
>>
>>335805956
because you're a pussy that panics when he's about to get hit and you yank the joystick back all the way at 300mph.

Show some balls and get control of yourself, only partially tilt it. You don't need to run the fuck away everytime an enemy swings his blade. Nioh requires discipline.
>>
>>335806404
I didn't know you were also the guy who posted nothing but "git gud" for the entire thread. Pretty funny that you feel superior to "soulsfags" when you're this retarded
>>
>>335806445
>Nioh requires discipline.

Wait, I thought it was an alpha.

Is it going to be this shitty at release?
>>
>>335805956
I see your fingers are like your women, they just run around doing what ever the fuck they want. Get some control, man. Tell them what to do and when to do it.
>>
File: heh.png (572 KB, 600x580) Image search: [Google]
heh.png
572 KB, 600x580
>>335806418
>>335806429
See >>335800863
>>
The reason was deleted is because you were shilling your game.
It may be a good game, but instead of astroturfing and pretending to be a part of the community, let people make their own judgements.
>>
Is the lockon fucked for anyone else?
>>
>>335806445
This.

Jesus fucking Christ people is tilting the stick that hard?

It makes you feel like a cold badass once you're used to it. If you lose your cool you get your shit pushed in, it's great, you really feel like Ken-sama.
>>
>>335806527
Stay mad, Stay bad
or git gud
>>
Welp, thread's turned to shit and I've played the demo thoroughly and happily. I'm out.
>>
Lords of the Fallen 2.0
>>
>>335806652
Like others have said, learn to use your stick.

Be gentle with it, caress it.
>>
>>335806647
>The reason was deleted is because you were shilling your game.

I think Sony put some money for the development so I guess they are also using their shills here.
>>
>>335799843
Pretty cool but they should lower the difficulty because Dark Souls 3 was made really easy so that is the new meta.
>>
>>335806838
Makes sense. It's the same usual "omg this new souls clone is much better than dark souls" shilling weve seen a million times before
>>
>>335802317
This literally had me shoked also. I wasn't expecting him to break the wall.

Very nice ideas in this game
>>
Team Ninja will just make everything harder. I hope they get rid of durability though.
>>
>>335806703
I'm actually defending nioh but you seriously should stop being so retarded. You're making us look worse than the soulfags
>>
>>335806956
Either that or give you other ways to repair your stuff.
>>
File: got assplain.png (303 KB, 349x513) Image search: [Google]
got assplain.png
303 KB, 349x513
I feel kinda bad for the devs; they will think they don't need to change anything, all because of a few /v/ retards.

Oh well.
>>
>>335806053
Which worked perfectly fine in DMC2.
>>
File: 1461633892524.gif (249 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1461633892524.gif
249 KB, 200x200
>>335802317
He did that with me too. I died because I couldn't stop laughing.
>>
>>335806972
>us
Fuck you faggot, we're not in a relationship or anything. Fucking gross.

I'd tell you to git gud but you're already amazing at sucking dick apparently.
>>
>>335806972
>I'm actually defending nioh

yeah sure you are
git gud kid
>>
>>335807015
There is a stone in the game that allows you to repair weapons. I think it was called wheatstones and there is glue for armor.
>>
The lock on feels too loose though.
>>
>>335807032
I don't think "a few /v/ retards" will ever have much impact on anything desu
>>
>>335807032
That's because once you realize this doesn't play exactly like Souls you really start to appreciate it.

Keeping a cool head is the name of the game, if you start to panic the game will punish you for it. Hard.
>>
>>335802404
>clunky
>laughbly
>poor
>ugly
so many adjectives, yet they don't say anything.

3/10, apply yourself

I already like this more than Souls and Bloodbourne. The setting is very nice, it feels much more realistic than Souls, regarding setting, atmopshere and all. Like when you find the body of the woman that tells her baby that it shouldnt cry, because they will be united in heaven again... all that stuff.

And how the Evil Oni just appear, because Vagabonds killed, plundered and raped through this village.

If you are not into this at all, you clearly never gave a fuck about old Samurai Movies, Books and Mangas ever in your life, because they captured it very nicely with this game up till now.
>>
>>335807032
>lmplying the opinions of retards on here matters
we're likely drowned by normies complaigning about the difficulty
>>
>>335806375
I high stance the crawling yokai after back stepping them and do that one Burst thing with the sword that fucks their stamina up.
I use Medium stance with kicks to break down the large Yokai's stamina and then switch to low to stun lock them until death.
I use Medium for most humans if not just switch over to a spear because humans can't beat it.

I want there to be a enemy that parries in the full game.
>>
File: 1460810195987.jpg (138 KB, 641x634) Image search: [Google]
1460810195987.jpg
138 KB, 641x634
>>335799843
the controls feel so wonky and cheap and the graphics looks like a 2013 ps3 game >inb4 alpha
>>
>>335805559
high stance hammer square, triangle combo will kill everything but oni, and it will exhaust oni ki.
>>
>>335807172
Yeah I meant other than that, maybe you could spend money at a blacksmith or Amrita at the shrine.
>>
>>335807237
>if you start to panic
Expect the lock on is broken and no amount of coolness will fix it.
>>
>>335807173
The lock on feels loose because your character doesn't circlestrafe around the locked target like in many action games.

I feel like they should change this.
>>
>>335803308
I actualy want chain and sickle. You Soulsbabbies need to leave.
>>
>>335807441
If you say so.
>>
>>335807443
It also feels like the lockon is just "your character will look in the general direction of the enemy".

It they don't want you to use it, they should remove it.
>>
>>335807369
Just like when I picked up Souls for the first time.
Ah memories.
>>
I don't get it. All of my shit is broken, bandits do retarded damage on me and i literally do no damage. What the fuck is this game and when is it going to start explain any of it's mechanics?
>>
>>335807441
You always reset to facing the enemy if you walk or block though.

Once you learn this, the lock on makes perfect sense.
>>
>>335807032
No I believe its people like you that will make this more casual and generally shit.
>>
>>335807374
Kicking and doing that sword flash on any of the other stances does it quicker. Switching to low once the the Oni Ki is gone and the enemy can't do a fucking thing for 80% of it's health.
Ninja fuck you up on high stance. Ninja Oni fuck you up worse.
>>
>>335803832
>BUHU IT'S A RIPOFF
>THE SAME GAME AGAIN
Literally it's ok when From does it 4 times after DeS. Literally not Call of Duty and Ass Creed.

You guys are pathetic
>>
>Day 1 of nonstop Nue ACTION
Whelp, gonna spend the next ten hours trying to git gut at Nue. And maybe grind a few levels if he endlessly slaps my shit. Anybody got any tips?
>>
>>335807576
>What the fuck is this game and when is it going to start explain any of it's mechanics?

BUT EXPLAINING STUFF IS NOT HARDCORE BRO

GIT GUD
>>
>>335807652
Learn to ki pulse
>>
Top weapons wishes

Kusarigama
Kanabou
Nodachi
Tanegashima
>>
>>335807652
Just drag him into the corner near the gate, he can't use his lightning there.
>>
>>335807032
Shitter alert. They only need to change how you run away when locked on.
>>
>>335807576
How the fuck did you manage to have all your shit broken? How haven't you picked up any repair items or weapons and armor? How the fuck do you completely miss the "memories" that explain shit?
Are you DSP?
>>
>>335807652
Fish magic.

I think he's weak to wind, I got him to half HP and then activated my Ninpo and absolutely wrecked his shit.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.