[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dragon Quest Heroes is good or bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Dragonquestbestquest.jpg (95 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
Dragonquestbestquest.jpg
95 KB, 600x300
Just finished DaS3 and I'm looking for something else to play on my shitstation 4. I've played DQ9 on the NDS and it was pretty good but this one looks a lot like the dynasty warriors games (which I do enjoy). How is the game?
>>
>>335796389
I personally hated it. At its core, it's a tower defense game
>>
I'm a DQ fan and a musou fan so I had a lot of fun with it. It's a bit shorter than Souls games but the downside is that the combat doesn't have as much depth as Souls games so I can see a lot of people quitting half way through. No IX characters show up since they're all custom characters but the cameos that are in the game are great.
>>
>>335796516
What do you mean by tower defense? I've not well-versed with anything Dragon Quest other than a couple games here and there so I guess I'm not really expecting anything spectacular.

>>335796660
But the souls games were pretty short. BB was like 15 hours (17 with the dlc). DaS3 is maybe 20 hours. I just remember DQ9 taking weeks to finish.
>Custom characters
Can I make the main character (blue armor sword guy) use fists or are his weapons locked?
>>
>>335796871
Weapons are locked but there is a fists character and if you have them in your party you can switch to them whenever you want.
>BB was like 15 hours
So you just rushed through and skipped all the optional stuff?
>>
>>335796871
His weapon is locked. Also, by tower defense, I mean instead of it playing more like Dynasty Warriors, your goal is always to defend a base, and enemies come from multiple lanes towards it. And you gotta place summons on the lanes to stop them. It'sa tower defense game. If you like Dynasty Warriors style games, there's tons of better options for you
>>
>>335796389
Don't make the mistake many have made, and go into it expecting Dynasty Warriors with Dragon Quest. It's not an actual musou game, it's >>335796516 and quite boring.
>>
>>335796389
Its alright if you can get it for $20 or less.
>>
>>335797110
I completed the whole story (got all the armors and weapons except for the wolf claw thing which you can only get in chalice) and killed Ebriestas and Logarius. I probably missed some of the character quests like the crow lady who I accidentally killed at the beginning. Finishing the chalice dungeons added about another 6-8 hours.

>>335797316
Oh. but isn't the objective of this game something like "ooo new lands let's explore". What exactly are they tower defending? I've never played a tower defense game other than something like L4D2 which I don't think really counts.
>>
>>335797798
Nope, it's defending your kingdom (or whatever town you're in) from monster attacks. That's pretty much it. Like I said, if you want a good Dynasty Warriors style game, theres so many better options.
>>
>>335797798
>Oh. but isn't the objective of this game something like "ooo new lands let's explore"
No. You basically go to different places but nromally only have access to a small part of said map during the mission. you can go back later for grinding exp and materials though.
>What exactly are they tower defending?
Depends on the stage but mostly just doors or portals from a bunch of enemies. If the enemies break through then you lose.
>>
>>335798101
Do you have any suggestions? I played a lot of Dynasty warriors 8 empires which was pretty fun
>mindless mashing buttons

>>335798175
So the world is a lot smaller than what it seems. Is it at least challenging?
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 600x600
>STILL no FF musou
>>
>>335798465
>Do you have any suggestions?
If you like One Piece then give Pirate Warriors 3 a shot.
>>
>>335798465
>Is it at least challenging?
No. Outside a few boss battles, the game is not challenging. There's a good reason why this game was not marketed as a Musou: It's not one.
>>
>>335798828
Is there any customizability in Pirate Warriors 3? I've played the first one i think and it's alright. DW empires had a lot of customizability which gave it replayability.
>>
>>335796389

I'm currently playing it and having lots of fun
>>
>>335799072
You have skills you can equip before battle that help buff up your characters, though you'll need to unlock them first by leveling up their pirate level.
>>
>>335798465
Samurai Warriors is very similar. Theres several of those out. Dynasty Warriors Gundam, Pirate Warriors, Segoku Basara, are all good picks
>>
>>335798465
If you have a Wii U or 3DS, get Hyrule Warriors. It's one of the best musou games to come out in a while
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.