[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Evolve
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: a19a359d7d4216b3[1].jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
a19a359d7d4216b3[1].jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
I haven't played this game in over a year. Did they ever fix the Kraken flight bug? Did they ever find a way to make Sunny not easily the preferred support? Did they ever un-nerf Cabot to make him useful again? Did they ever make Lazarus not a steaming pile of garbage?

Or are they still balancing based on pub stats
>>
>>335795678
>I haven't played this game in over a year.
I'm afraid you're still the person most qualified to talk about this game on this site.
>>
File: EvolveTruth.png (89 KB, 1775x289) Image search: [Google]
EvolveTruth.png
89 KB, 1775x289
>>335796014
It's sad. Evolve really was a decent idea and could've been incredibly fun if they hadn't had the most retarded approach to balance I've ever seen
>>
>>335796208
It also had the most retarded approach to monetizing a game, with a F2P system in a B2P game.

A real gem.
>>
>>335796208
the whole game idea was retarded to begin with.

what it has/had is solid, it's just really boring when that's literally all you can do.

having a dlc list so huge it would bankrupt you for trying to own it all was off-putting too.
>>
I'm glad I didn't buy that disaster.
>>
>>335796326
Ehh, the DLC was no different from any other game expansions. People went crazy with the memes but the monetization approach had dick to do with its failure. The game sold like gangbusters but utterly failed to retain a player base to sell the expansion content to.

I will say that the focus on making money through DLC characters and monsters indirectly led to the game's downfall as the devs were more focused on getting the new content out than balancing and fixing what was there. Of course, they still failed to put the content out in a working state on-time.
>>
>>335796393
>the whole game idea was retarded to begin with.
That's not true.
It reminds me of Survival mode in AvP2. That was among the most fun things multiplayer shooters can offer.
>>
>>335796553
>>335796393
If you were just playing pubs by yourself then yes, the game is frustrating and repetitive and gets old very quickly.

The game really shined when you had teams of hunters against competent monsters. There was an intense cat-and-mouse dynamic that could reverse itself in the blink of an eye, and taking down a monster required good teamwork and strategy and communication.
>>
>>335796864
>muh competitive scene
THAT is why the game is dead.
>>
>>335797269
he said competent.

also it never had a competitive scene, it was dead by the time the month was out
>>
File: wat.png (205 KB, 433x276) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
205 KB, 433x276
>>335797676
It had a comp scene for the first month or so but then the devs shit the bed like the image in >>335796208 says.

The game needed a comp scene to survive but the devs focused on the wrong things (rushing out DLC content, balancing around pub stats instead of comp player feedback)

I remember the devs arguing that Lazarus was fine because his win rate in pubs was ~49%. What a fucking laugh.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.