[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PRISTINE REALMS CONFIRMED BLIZZDRONES BTFO NOST WILL LIVE ON
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: wow-logo.jpg (383 KB, 2000x750) Image search: [Google]
wow-logo.jpg
383 KB, 2000x750
PRISTINE REALMS CONFIRMED
BLIZZDRONES BTFO
NOST WILL LIVE ON FAMILY

Who's excited for blizzard legacy realms?
Which expac do you want to play the most?
Will blizzard ruin it with a cash shop and QoL improvements?
>>
"Pristine" realms aren't legacy servers -_-
>>
this is not confirmed.
blizzard is merely asking for feedback, and is showing that they are trying to please the vanilla fags like me.
>>
>stupid fucking themepark mmo babbies excited for braindead grinding and awful mechanics because nostalgia
I wish you children just killed yourselves.
>>
This is not a legacy
>>
>>335794756
Pristine is utter shit. It's current WoW with slow leveling. Who in their right mind would want that.
>>
>>335794912
This, they're just throwing out ideas to see if we can be sated with bullshit we never asked for.

It does show that they're very clearly looking into legacy servers properly instead of brushing the idea to the side though, especially since they're in talks with the Nost guys.
>>
File: 1427694774781.jpg (63 KB, 848x900) Image search: [Google]
1427694774781.jpg
63 KB, 848x900
>>335794756
Pristine realms aren't at all what people want.
>>
>>335794756
Read their actual post. Pristine Realms are just old expacs with current-day mechanics and gameplay. It uses modern talents, modern classes with pruned abilities, all of that junk minus a few things like heirlooms.

It's not legacy WoW, it's just timewalking with a level cap.
>>
>>335795024
Do you call people over the internet children to give yourself a sense of superiority because you, yourself are underage?
>>
>people want x
>blizzard give them y
>people don't buy it
>blizzard will say see? we told you you didn't want it
>>
>>335794756
Someone told me once blizzard puts in legacy servers that will be the death of wow and future expansions. Who gives a shit honestly? Good. Living in the past is good if it's far superior than any other shit they throw out. They don't need to make half ass content when they already have god tier content to show for it. What must be really sad is how they let their dedication and effort deteriorate since 2008
>>
File: 1453247089019.png (2 KB, 411x347) Image search: [Google]
1453247089019.png
2 KB, 411x347
>2016
>STILL playing WoW
wew lad
>>
>>335794756
It's fucking nothing
>>
>>335796240
They can only say that if they give the players x when they wanted x. Any dumbass would call them out. Right now the refund queues are up to 7-10 days. It's a disaster right now
>>
>>335796169
Hit a nerve there, child? Are you sad that you weren't around for PvE like EQ or Ultima or PvP like DAoC and maybe even Shadowbane?
It's such a fucking bother talking to people like you, I'm out.
>>
>>335796102
Not even, it's current WoW in it's entirety but without leveling help.

>So what can we do to capture that nostalgia of when WoW first launched? Over the years we have talked about a “pristine realm”. In essence that would turn off all leveling acceleration including character transfers, heirloom gear, character boosts, Recruit-A-Friend bonuses, WoW Token, and access to cross realm zones, as well as group finder. We aren’t sure whether this version of a clean slate is something that would appeal to the community and it’s still an open topic of discussion.
>>
Can someone explain why you want the time of extreme bugs, extreme unbalance, half the classing and specs being utterly useless, and all the other problems of Vanilla back so badly? Do you really think that you'd experience child-like wonder and amazement all over again? Or is it only because you want to prove something?
>>
>>335794756
PRISTINE realms are literally nothing like vanilla wow
thats like taking away all their awful shit springling features and being left with nothing but fucking turd
>>335796440
> tfw 4000people que for Kronos 2
>>
>>335794756
>well give you the old content and level caps
>but you only have the 3 abilities that we haven't removed from the game already and balance patches for WoD
>>
>>335796728
>Kronos
>legit population
i'd say it probably has 2k players but they have been proven to use a fake que
>>
>>335796376
>and future expansions

They could easily avoid this by making people require the latest expansion to play Legacy. I'm willing to bet if they do actually end up making old servers this will be the system they use because it makes them the most money.
>>
>>335794756
You know pristine realms aren't legacy right? its current expansion realms just without any cash shop stuff or heirlooms
>>
>>335796623
Because it was more fun.

>Do you really think that you'd experience child-like wonder and amazement all over again?

No, but the "wonder and amazement" was never the draw. The game was just straight up better than retail, it doesn't matter how many times you stick your fingers in your ears and scream "IT'S ALL NOSTALGIA LA LA LA".
>>
>>335796914
Even if its 1k, once you are in game, it feels like thres so many people around like holy shit, in retail ever since wotlk i think, the world just feels empty even on high pop(locked) servers, everyones in cities, now days i suppose its Garrison things ?
>>
Remember that none of that is set in stone yet.

>We aren’t sure whether this version of a clean slate is something that would appeal to the community and it’s still an open topic of discussion.
>>
>>335797171
Nostalgia alone does not make something good, and I've been playing since launch, Vanilla was shit.
>>
You'll be bored of it within two weeks, and it'll turn into the chore it is
You will continue to log on every day but you won't be enjoying it any more
Then you'll move on to the next distraction
>>
>>335797358
Yeah but why would you want to sit in a fake que for hours to play it. I mean nost was legit in that from start to finish you had tons of people but Kronos will pander out eventually because it's population is not as large and the devs purposefully hinder people from getting in. Also who the fuck would want to wait an hour and a half for all your raiders to actually get past the que to start?
>>
>>335794756
Stop been stupid OP, they aren't going to make one...
>>
>>335796513
You're a fucking cretin
>>
>>335799735
Ah, found another underage who enjoys repeating what he sees online like a sheep.
>>
>>335796102

That sounds awful. Current WoW most classes only have like 12 spells/skills.
>>
>>335794756
I fucking guarantee when these legacy servers come out it will be dead and have nothing but people complaining.
>>
>>335799841
I've tested 4 different classes and specs on the Legion alpha server and all of them had between 16 and 22 skills. That includes skills through talents and artifact stuff etc.

So while 12 skills is an exaggeration, the truth isn't that much better and is still saddening.
>>
File: Oh i hate this.jpg (9 KB, 302x225) Image search: [Google]
Oh i hate this.jpg
9 KB, 302x225
>>335796102

So it's what people don't want at all, got it.

They'll probably just write this off as "Oh i guess you guys DON'T want it then, it's what you asked for right? You thought you did, but you didn't."

Seriously, fuck actiblizz.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.