[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>""Novelization author Hitori Nojima, citing an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Venom Snake.png (73 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
Venom Snake.png
73 KB, 270x270
>""Novelization author Hitori Nojima, citing an email from Kojima, explained that the player brings the story full circle in their own way, with the role of Venom Snake making the story truly theirs, and not necessarily restricted to the fate of Big Boss in the early games. Kojima and the player creating the story together "is something traditional movies and books could not do."[8]""

>""Kojima and the player creating the story together "is something traditional movies and books could not do."[8]""

Kind of changed my mind about Hideo being a hack. He knew he was going to be fired, he knew this would be his final MGS game, so he left it open ended and made a player avatar to make the story "ours"

Sure it felt weird, sure it does not really work in a story way, but its a nice gesture.
>>
I agree, but i still would have hoped for a more traditional metal gear for the last sendoff.
>>
Hitori Nojima?
Could it be a pseudonym for that certain writer?
>>
>>335793501
Yeah, I think that was the original idea before Konami got all jewish about it.
>>
>>335792940
>Kojima and the player creating the story together
What exactly did he mean by this?

The player isn't creating the story with Kojima, the story is told through cutscenes and audio tapes that the player has no control over, other than how many tapes they listen to. There's one linear story told to you through mostly the same means as the rest of the franchise, it's no more personal than any other Metal Gear game. In fact the narrative feels cold and sterile by comparison.
>>
I understand what he was going for but MGSV really wasn't open enough to pull that off.

I still enjoyed it though.
>>
>>335793743
Player choice regarding Quiet, and plus how you do the story and use the morality system.

Was Venom a nice guy who dindu nuffin, or was he a fucking demon who made nukes, raided FOB's and fucked everything to death?

up to us whether or not he really "deserved" to die in MG1, which is kind of cool.
>>
>>335793947
>Player choice regarding Quiet, and plus how you do the story and use the morality system.
The morality system was an absolute joke with zero impact on the narrative, and the only meaningful choice you make in the game is Quiet. I sincerely regretted saving her around the time she and Venom started playing in the rain. What an absolute waste of development time and resources.

>Was Venom a nice guy who dindu nuffin, or was he a fucking demon who made nukes, raided FOB's and fucked everything to death?
He was canon a nice guy who dindu nuffin and saved children.

>up to us whether or not he really "deserved" to die in MG1, which is kind of cool.
Your opinions and perspective on characters are always up to you.
>>
>>335794280
>He was canon a nice guy who dindu nuffin and saved children.

until MG, and considering we can control certain elements after the story ends, it can show how he stops giving a shit, or is still well meaning.
>>
>>335793947
player choice in non-existent, one tier lower than what you can find in infamous.
>>
>>335794390
>considering we can control certain elements after the story ends, it can show how he stops giving a shit, or is still well meaning.
That just sounds like a very poor excuse to allow for very poor storytelling and a very poor conclusion.
>>
>>335794493
>>335794852
I'm not defending the story or lack of choice. Its a bit shit, I know. I'm just saying the gesture in itself was nice.
>>
I know it's not technically right, but I like to think that Venom is also Solidus. I dunno just seems a lot cooler thinking of it like that.
>>
I really like games with story more than games where the story goes nowhere.
>>
>>335795204
He would need to be Eli's age. Even disregarding the whole aging fuckery that was done to their genes, that puts him at the mental age of an angsty tween.
>>
What story
>>
>>335796248
>I didn't play the game
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.