[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
at what point was pvp the most "balanced"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: 1231312312312.jpg (476 KB, 2827x1608) Image search: [Google]
1231312312312.jpg
476 KB, 2827x1608
at what point was pvp the most "balanced"
>>
back in my days on nostralius it was
>>
>wow
>pvp
This is what people whose first mmo was wow believe.
>>
end of MOP.

Shame it wasn't fun and actually quite shit.

WOD balance is good too.

Wotlk was the most fun however. Despite balance being terrible.
>>
File: 1445395871729.jpg (21 KB, 400x200) Image search: [Google]
1445395871729.jpg
21 KB, 400x200
>pillarhump minigame

lol.
>>
>>335790803
the most balanced would be MoP.
>>
>>335790803
Season 3 every comp was decent in 3s and stats werent overtuned
>>
>>335791113
>end of MOP
>When healers could take someone from 1 to full in an instant
>A problem that is still prominent right now at the end of WoD
>>
>>335790803
With the exception of season 5, Wrath. Everyone had powerful builds that had some manner of bullshit, so if someone used his overpowered bullshit, you just outskilled him with your own overpowered bullshit.
>>
>>335791497
I would say this but I played lock back then
>>
>>335791113
icc gear carried warriors
frost mage with spriest would win anyway
>>
S3 was decent without PMR
S7 was balanced because everyone was fucking OP
End of MoP was pretty balanced but your entire damage being based around CDs and having 80% resilience and 65% battle fatigue made it pretty unfun
>>
>>335791890
s7 was ruthless literly toc
>>
>>335791113
Wotlk balance was the most fun because the balance was harder to manipulate ie. it was more player skill based.
>>
>wow pvp

literally a minigame. why would you take so much effort to get good at something thats universally laughed at in the gaming community
>>
>>335792037
more gear based, runn icc25 to ninja dbw or die trying
>>
Patch 3.3.5 :^)
>>
>>335791707
you can pub ICC, everyone was wearing ICC gear in wotlk especially with the welfare epics being thrown around.
>>
>>335790803
before arena were introduced. arena items killed battlefield and open pvp
>>
>>335792263
wich welfare epics, the tank ring?
>>
>>335792291
>boo hoo dragonslayer babby can't use their dragonslaying items to beat superior PVPers
And you never should have been able to. These people have progressed through an entirely different set of items than you specifically to get better at killing other players. Only PVEbabbies cried about resilience.
>>
Late vanilla.
Every class was blatantly overpowered.
>be rogue
>stunlock or two-shot most classes
>be mage
>CC and burst down everything
>be warlock
>spec soul link, become a raidboss with a healthpool of 3 players
>be shaman
>windfury crit everything
>be paladin
>reckbomb everything
>be shadowpriest
>kill people in 1 dot
>be hunter
>aimed+multi burst down everything
>be warrior
>one shot people with mortal strike
>be druid
>well, at least i can run away
>>
>>335792426
Druid was basically CC ME IF YOU CAN annoy the shit out of you healer and Faerie Fire/Moonfire spammer
>>
>>335792357
Literally all of the 10 man epics being obtainable by badges obtained from daily heroics and weekly PUG ICC raids. Within 3 weeks you could be fully geared in ICC 10 man raid gear with which you then join 25 man pug raids and get the 25 man gear. The rest of the Heroics also dropped some pretty good trinkets and weapons despite those instances basically being AoE bombardment fests over within 10 to 5 minutes.
>>
>>335791693
Haha. I played rogue back thrn and was 2350 playing rogue rogue druid and RMP. Shit was jokes. I hated locks though. I also had an alt hunter who I ran drain comp with that was fun. I literally think in season 3 every class was good.
>>
>>335792658
Don't forget Titanforged from Wintergrasp.
>>
does blizzard not nerf classes like mage afli warlock rogue so the esport chinks keep playing with them
>>
>>335792404
arena has nothing to do with battlefields and open pvp. they could lock the stats to arena instances.
>>
>>335792729
Battlefield is literally just everyone spamming whatever they can, tossing AOEs around. There's no strategy involved at all and it sucked balls especially because Blizz's servers back then could barely handle it.
>>
>>335792291
but before arena gear, PvE gear was the king of the battlegroud. If you saw T3 you were pretty much doomed to lose unless they were alliance babbies (beat t3 guild premade with a blue geared PuG simply because they were actually that shit)
>>
>>335792581
Yeah and it was arguably able to defeat most people in world pvp out-lasting them. Literally run away for 2 minutes and then if the other guy doesnt decide to run in other direction then you might win
>>
>>335792826
This
Why was Alliance so shit
Is it because they attract players who only look at the appearance of their character and didn't consider the racial advantages?
>>
>>335791497

>Every comp was decent
>High ranks are RMP or RMD infested.

Nah.

>>335792426
>Get Kited or one shotted the game

Vanilla pvp balancing was horrible.
>>
>>335790803
probably warriors in BLW patch in Vanilla WoW I could 1 shoot cloths people and on sword proc I could kill every other class in a instant.
>>
>>335792426
>warlock
>soullink

>not going drakedog build and being a tryhard with grenades and soulfire/immolate/conflag combo

soullink was great but a good rogue would still fuck you up pretty hard. Haven't seen a rogue be able to outskill being 2 shot though
>>
>>335793120
If a good rogue opens on you, you need to either peel him with succubus (and since 99% rogues were UD, that will only result in a dead succbus), wait for him to fuck up his stunlock (not really an option), use Living Action Potion+Skull of Impeding and catch him by surprise or outlive everything he can throw on you as SL spec. And even after all that shit, he still might have reflectors.
>>
>>335791497
Some comps were more decent than others tho.. fucking rmp
>>
>>335792893
it's because alliance had all the good racial traits for PvE, but horde has all the racial traits for PvP.

Alliance had dwarf priests and paladins which were great for blessings and for allowing your main tanks to be garbage at stance dancing. Horde had the much more offensive shaman and windfury for the much more PvP effective surprise burst damage on top of orc stun resist, undead will of the forsaken, orc axe bonus, tauren increased melee range and stun and healthpool. The night elf stealth was hardly ever used by alliance and wasn't that effective anyway the gnomes had what again?

Dwarfen stoneform was only good against rogues and slightly useful against mortal strike warriors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4olVJj1wbqI relevant to this thread
>>
>>335791497
>that S3 2h axe for hunters

man that was good even for pve
>>
>>335793516
>Gnomes
Escape Artist? Just removes cc on them IIRC
>>
>>335791497
>that feel when you lived through battlegroup cyclone (bg9) on EU during season 3

Literally every rogue either had warglaives or didn't hit 2k
>>
File: 1457561644644.jpg (239 KB, 600x791) Image search: [Google]
1457561644644.jpg
239 KB, 600x791
>>335790803
The "Unbalanced" is what makes the game fun and if u try to balance to much u get games like starcraft 2 and current Wow pvp
>>
>>335792938
You are full of shit. RMP was very good but RLD and Shadowplay was SUPER good in season 3.

The point is in Season 3 you could play any shaman spec, any druid spec, and really any dps spec and run various comps and hit 2k rating.

I played Presence of Mind fire mage with a mut rogue and paladin healer to 2100 for fun.
>>
>>335794131
That's actually a pretty good comp
Can't ignore the Mut rogue or he'll just DoT spam you to death
Fucking Pyroblast hitting your face
Try to focus healer, it's a god damned Paladin good luck
>>
>>335790803
> Vanilla was the worst. Fun but underdeveloped
> can't comment on TBC
> Wotlk was my favorite. Good health pool range, some classes were a little bursty. Healers could be killed with well timed pressure. Gear actually meant something.
> cata added a lot of useful utility to my class but also made it face roll OP and not fun.
> MoP was meh. Arena became pointless with rated BGs and OQ. Pvp gear was literally welfare as it had no rating requirement so anyone could gear out in a few weeks. Normal BGs forced balance on your stats so nobody did them. PvE gear was literally stronger in world pvp which was retarded.
> didn't play WOD

I'm a feral druid btw
>>
>>335795687
u gay btw fuck ferals
rend and run away
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.