[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
thanks Icefraud
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7
File: Crystal_Maiden.png (59 KB, 256x144) Image search: [Google]
Crystal_Maiden.png
59 KB, 256x144
>be support in dota 1
>no way to defend myself early
>can only buy eul's or dagger for defense and also have to buy mechanism for entire team. If team did good I could buy drums for hp but with the constant dying it was hard.
>so surviving took skill and was near to impossible
>life was hard

>be support now
>can buy wind lace, raindrop, tranquil boots, glimmer cape, xp tome when I'm underleveled, ghost scepter and even a blightstone to help in fights. All insanely cheap items.
>life is easy now
>>
boring game desu
>>
>>335784705
6 years ago maybe
>>
Stop leeching my xp you cuck and go back to d2g
>>
>>335784705
I'm not saying its bad now, its balanced. before it was boring actually.
>>
>support
>defending itself early
sub 2k trash detected.
You are supposed to threaten others early on.
How can you look at yourself in the mirror being so fucking bad at dota after years of playing?
Kill yourself.
>>
>>335784910
you cant taunt them without getting killed or severely hurt and the next wave (which will come) can end you.
>>
>>335784910
do you even play the game?
>>
>>335785134
noone here plays shitty moba cancer
>>
File: 1450634889816.png (411 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1450634889816.png
411 KB, 640x480
How about you go bitch about it in your own shitty general.
>>
>>335785014
>Not utilizing the jungle for solo xp.
>Not stacking and pulling so enemy offlaner doesn't get xp or farm
>Not smokeganking with other support.
>Being this shit at harassing in lane.

Jesus Christ dude, either invest some time before you make a complaint thread or just uninstall the game now.
>>
>>335785568
narrowminded fag. just because I talk about something that doesnt mean its all I do.
>>
File: Area_big.jpg (50 KB, 434x606) Image search: [Google]
Area_big.jpg
50 KB, 434x606
>2016
>moba retards
>>
>>335786179

Not that guy, but why would you even make this thread then? Everyone knows you're talking out of your ass, including yourself.

btw I'm not gonna reply to anything you say because this thread is shit and I'm leaving, I hope it dies
>>
>>335786905
everyone knows you dont play dota, including yourself but you still waste time responding to things that dont interest you and being a tard.
>>
>>335785568
>Other support
Have you even played Dota?
>>
File: my man.jpg (180 KB, 1374x948) Image search: [Google]
my man.jpg
180 KB, 1374x948
>tfw i used to play dota
>2k hours
>can't even find the fun in it anymore

I seriously pity anyone who chooses to play it instead of most other multiplayer games.
>>
>>335784653
>be cm needing buffs
>always receive the same idiotic and borderline useless buff
icefrog plz
>>
>>335787823

>extremely high impact support with extremely high gold income for a support
>can easily get a sub-10 minute midas on top of full support costs
>only needs one mid-value item to be a team fight insta-winner
>>
>>335787480
What multiplayer games
They're all shit
>>
>>335787892
>extremely high impact support with extremely high gold income for a support
>still never gets banned and extremely rarely picked
yeah, sounds about right
>>
>>335787954
She's no dazzle
>>
>>335787954

She's been consistently in the top 20 for pick rate and regularly (including at present) in the top 10 for win rate regarding "Very High" matches on dotabuff. For years.
>>
>>335785134
supports should make room for the carry early game with harass, and it doesn't matter if the support dies to save the carry, because you aren't meant to be getting loads of gold anyway

tl;dr you're a shit, greedy support
>>
>>335788491
>I play in games where I, as a support, don't get ganked early too
Sub 1k detected.
>>
>>335788565
Why the fuck would soneone gank a fucking suppport instead of the mid or the carry?
>>
>>335789115
>why would I want all this free gold
I don't expect you to start reflecting on this though seeing as you're a fucking trenchie and will be for the rest of your life
>>
File: 1376261928766.gif (2 MB, 440x275) Image search: [Google]
1376261928766.gif
2 MB, 440x275
>>
>>335784653
Solo support is always a soul crushing experience. But the one game in a million where it all comes together it's like crack
>>
>>335789765
I remember watching this. I was a huge Orange supporter. Soon as I read "denied" I knew I wouldn't be hearing from them again and especially not kyxy
>>
>>335789765
idgi

>>335789374
idk if you've played this game in the last year or so but there's no real benefit to killing the carry instead of the support because of the gold kill changes. support will be 5x easier to kill. carry probably won't lose any gold if he quick buys smartly.

ganking in general is pretty useless unless you can absolutely shut down a core so badly that they can't get their important midgame items. because of memeback, the gold difference will always be within like 1000g even if one team is winning. winning team gets 200g per kill, losing team gets 400g. this is also why you shouldn't get too fed on a hero that doesn't scale well, and why you should focus on pushing instead of killing if you are winning. you might wonder why the winning team is punished for winning too hard, the answer is simple: being better than the other team is toxic
>>
>>335788468
Very high player here, that rating starts at like 3.8k on Dotabuff where people still don't really know how to properly support (or receive proper support, for that matter), so that's not the best evidence of her power.

Also, cores, if your carry buys Tome of Knowledge and pings that shit, fucking use it. Basically midas XP for free for you. Don't sit around masturbating if you go back to fountain and it's there, god damn.
>>
>>335790175
>but there's no real benefit to killing the carry instead of the support because of the gold kill changes
So precisely the point that I was making? Good reading there, chap. Quoted the wrong post much?
>>
>>335784653
Why even play Dota 2 now when they're making the game pretty much like League of Legends?
>>
>>335790003
Hey anon, if you're solo support and sucking major ass, do these
>Stack neutral camps
>Try and work in some gold around pushed towers
>Smoke gank with your team
>Ward sources of gold (lanes past/next to river, jungle entrances, ancients)
>Deward (pays for itself now, and gives you control over invis heroes who pass through the region that was warded)
>Stop soaking XP from your mid and carry
Good luck! A 6k player told me the best solo supports are Dazzle, Venge, Lion, Abbadon and Omniknight. I'm a huge fan of Abba, personally.
>>
File: meh.gif (280 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
meh.gif
280 KB, 400x299
>dota report for my last 25 games shows i got reported in 5 different games by 9 different parties
>>
>towers now give armor bonus
literally "we want the league of reddit audience". couldn't make it more obvious with this patch
>>
>>335790595
Not only that but also the Int scaling for abilities and the area reveal cooldown and some other small stuff I probably missed in the patch notes
>>
>>335790518
Why are you a cunt then?
>>
>>335790415
Precisely. LoL mechanics are generally better: faster and more skill oriented; Dota 2 has a much better payment model, based only around cosmetics.
Dota 2 with LoL mechanics = perfect.
Reminder that for the longest time Dota 2 players demanded the map editor be released so they could clone LoL inside Dota 2. In the end it amounted to nothing because they can't do shit so Valve has to patch LoL mechanics into the game instead, but the truth is they have wanted this for years.
>>
>>335790468
>Smoke gank
That shit doesn't regularly happen until at least 4k mmr
>>
>>335790595
>>335790682
>Last patch heroes are strong enough to reliably dive you
Okay. 1 armor. Big fucking deal.
>Scaling intelligence
When the highest winrate heroes for over a year are almost exclusively strength and agility based I think it's clear something is wrong. 1% per 16 points equates to like a grand total of 6% for most heroes with an absolute maximum of like 14%. For most spells, at that maximum, that's going to be a whopping 42 damage. Toss that on top of base HP being raised to 50 and you're actually doing less damage.
>>
>>335790817
Shittalking has always been a regular part of DotA.
>>
>>335790828
I just really hope Valve and Riot make a collaboration hybrid game like Marvel vs Capcom or Street Fighter vs Tekken. It will never happen but it would be glorious
>>
>>335790856
Don't tell me you're not EVEN 4k at this point?
>>
>>335787892
>extremely high impact support
>CM

am i being baited

>slower than lina
>less dmg than lina
>0 stuns when lina has a fucking AOE stun
>can't even harass because shit attack animation and shit autoattack dmg

id play fucking lina support instead
>>
>>335790595
>Games are now less about autistic efficiency farming and more about "le YUUUGE BLACK HOLE" teamfights
I actually like this but it's getting worse.
>Supports constantly given QoL changes and buffs, in League supports get free gold when their carry last hits.
Good supporting is not easy. Any retard can sit at the edge of fights and use their spells. Good early game rotations/smoke ganks, getting farm when you have 3-4 farm vacuums on the team, and PROPER warding and dewarding make a support good. Hard to sell support cosmetics when nobody plays them though, gotta buff the fuck out of them :^)
>Different damage types and armors slowly getting phased out
>Jungling becoming necessary and items being created purely for jungling

Meanwhile, we still don't have all the dota1 heroes implemented yet. Nevermind any fucking NEW heroes.
>>
>>335791025
An AoS-All Stars, or modular AoS engine of sorts would be great. Characters from LoL, Dota and other AoS, hopefully balanced to play together, along with components of all games: sight of vision limitation by height from Dota, sight of vision limitation by bushes from LoL, blowable bridges from Legends of Soldiers, customizable creep waves from Tides of Blood, etc.

Basically a modern Warcraft 3 editor.
But it will never happen, there's too much money at stake and every company is interested in their franchise.
>>
>>335790518
That means you're either:
a) Shit at the game
b) Shit at the game and a shittalker
>>
>>335791048
>if you're solo support and sucking major ass
It's just that advice wasn't aimed at anyone who would be 4k
>>
>>335791048
>tfw 3.6k

i used to be 4.5 i just gave up on trying
fuck SEA server

>last night got a fucking shadow fiend safelane carry and he feeds 1-11
>>
>>335790085
I was a Na'vi guy. The game was looking grim for them but I knew that once BKBs come online the game will be theirs.

Well, "denied" happened and bkbs didn't even have to come.
>>
>>335791929
>SEA server

I pity you, I would take a 100 russians than 1 pinoy or 1 indonesian spamming their wiggle worm runes and mic blasting terrible music and their shit language 24/7
>>
>>335791341
They're making the changes to support so that the role can actually be relevant in pubs, clearly.
>>
>>335792204
to my surprise the SF last night was

a pinoy

so yeah not a surprise after all
>>
>not talking about how the new items are pretty much breaking the game
>especially the echo blade and/or orchid crystalis thing
>>
>>335792235
Support can be relevant in pubs except people are fucking bad. They do nothing but sit in lane soaking xp or let the game go super late when they have zero farm. Supports don't let you become "OPA DENDI" pudge, invoker, or any other high picked hero in pubs. In high level games, supports are relevant.

To buff supports to the level that 1k russians will pick them would be to make them broken at 5k+. 50 gold TPs aren't going to make Ivan stop picking riki and bloodseeker.
>>
>>335792241
>low-elo SFs in general
>can't farm for shit, have zero souls, always the first to die and never use ulti
>bonus point: they are shit talking subhumans

Thankfully I haven't seen any of them for quite some time now, I will miss EUW servers.
>>
>>335792801
>To buff supports to the level that 1k russians will pick them

that's funny because I use to get a ton of russians picking weak ass supports trying to be carries back in my low level game days.

people just pick whatever the fuck they want, even at very high games there will be people who insta-pick their favorite hero while ignoring the other team draft.
>>
>>335791835
Yeah, because playing solo support in pubs isn't even that hard either, and certainly not an excuse for feeding. I often get the highest kill participation while being even in deaths with the offlaner when I solo support.

If you play smart, you can gain enough gold for basic survival items by smoke ganking, even going for solo smoke ganks can work if your teammates are dumb and won't join you, and surviving the engagements.

Of course, if you're on the retreat and the enemy is going to catch your carry, you turn around and give your life for time, no questions asked, but otherwise, you have to focus on staying alive while casting your spells.
>>
>>335792901
Shitty SF players are the ones that fell for the "carry the game all by yourself" meme. As soon as reality catches up to them and tells them that it's them who's shit, they quit the game altogether one way or the other. They don't have the mentality for the team play anyway.
>>
>>335784653
Jaina?
>>
>>335793386
>Shitty SF players are the ones that fell for the "carry the game all by yourself" meme

I think that just goes for "most shit mid pickers" in general. i.e. injokers and pudges

If I see a midas pops up on a mid player the game is already lost 80% of the time.
>>
>>335792901
>I will miss EUW servers.
Why
What happened anon
>>
>>335784653
Are you going to post the same thing every day ?
>>
>>335793723
>pudges
I'll never understand why pudge appeals so much to people including russians and all other kinds of shitters. He's a decent tanky initiator at most and even then your inability to throw hooks accurately becomes apparent almost instantly to you and everyone else. Can't even blame your team for that.
>>
>>335793943
You haven't experience true pain if you spend time in SEA servers.

Even at 4k games you will get brown subhumans who plays and act like sub 1k players. 1 out of 10 games in my EUW days are ruined because of shit players like these, in SEA it became 6-7 out of 10 games.
>>
>>335794096
Oh.
For a moment there I thought they introduced region locks.
I was worried that by embracing my inner russian I made the inevitable come faster.
>>
>>335793042
>trying to be carries
Yeah that's the problem. I was talking less about what heroes people are playing and more along the lines of who buys the wards/doesn't farm the lanes/stacks/rotates/tps early. Bounty hunter doesn't look like a support but he's always played as a 4 with constant early rotations, gets mek and arcanes and urn.

I was forced to play sven support a while ago ("me farm or me feed" scenario). Stun, warcry and ignored cleave for stats. Smoke ganks were really effective if I got a teammate in the warcry with me. Bought the wards and dusts and stuff. Arcanes and blink was all I needed.
>>
>>335794449
KLaSo is that you?
>>
>10 years from now
>dota 3 released
>people STILL complaining about this shitty genre yet keep playing it for no reason
>people STILL thinking these games have any depth
>people STILL supporting the esports celeb cancer
the crash can't come any sooner.
>>
>>335796131
>dota 3
somehow I doubt this will happen. Valve's track record with anything involving the number 3 isn't so good :^)
>>
>>335794078
Dendi
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.