[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This guy is pushing my shit in /v/. Toughest Soulsborne boss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6
This guy is pushing my shit in /v/. Toughest Soulsborne boss ever? People who summoned to beat him need not apply.
>>
File: 20160425132259_1.jpg (160 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160425132259_1.jpg
160 KB, 1920x1080
Beat him unembered with a slowass weapon. Amazing fight.
>>
>>335783535
Beat him on my second try with magic
Literally just kept trying to walk towards me as I chunked him
Just had to dodge those huge fucking waves
>>
>>335783613
Impressive. What's that spell?
>>
>>335783613
>His name is nameless king
>>
What's the recommended level to take him on?
>>
>>335783687
Increase fire res I think
>>
>>335783535
Bait his jump.

Roll into said jump, how away or to the side.

He'll be right on top of you when you iFrame the jump and open to 2-3 free hits because the jump has a huge recovery.

Basically, treat it like a BB boss.
>>
File: 1461813391761.jpg (20 KB, 301x301) Image search: [Google]
1461813391761.jpg
20 KB, 301x301
>>335783771
>not away or to the side
rather.
>>
>>335783771
I'm doing that, it's his dashing moves that are totally fucking with me. I can't read him.
>>
The only boss I've actually given up on.
>>
You can do a riposte stab on him when he's kneeling down.
>>
>>335783613
That weapon attacks pretty fast
>>
>>335783613
>dat hp
>unembered
holy fuck dude are you like sl 140?
>>
>>335783913
>implying you can get close enough
>>
>>335783535
Nah darksouls 3 bosses are really easy
>>
>>335784081
I totally agree, except for this guy.
>>
>>335783959
That's 27 vigor with a ring of favor.
>>
>>335784281
sure mate also
>dat end bar
>>
>>335783535
literally just got done beating him after dying repeatedly to him for about an hour

almost killed him on my first try and after that i kept getting fucked

best boss in the series so far honestly
>>
>>335784734
>almost killed him on my first try and after that i kept getting fucked
Fucking this. First time fighting Nameless King I got him to 20% health, and since then I haven't gotten him below 90%.
Why does this always happen?
>>
>>335784803
happened to me with Pontiff and Watchers as well

got them into their second forms and almosed killed them first run and then died to them over and over again for almost an hour and then out of nowhere do a perfect run and win

I dont really mind for Watchers and King though because I think they're amazing fights
>>
>>335784803
Maybe you are stressing out? Trying to read him too much? Overthinking?
>>
>>335783535
Beat him with Caestus. Get on my level.
>>
>>335783535
Didn't fight him, after seeing all the images of him on here, his name and the fact people said he was the most difficult boss I just assumed he was the last boss.
>>
File: dark souls 2.5.png (2 MB, 994x1096) Image search: [Google]
dark souls 2.5.png
2 MB, 994x1096
>>335783535
Beat him on fifth attempt. Final boss fight of the game was a lot harder, imo.

Really, this whole game is just about memorizing 2-3 attacks with awful telegraphing or sometimes hitboxes and then pressing dodge button whenever they come, then attack twice and repeat.

It's just a trial and error game.
>>
>>335785283

Every game is trial and error
>>
>>335785283
The last bosses combo felt cheap ill admit, the blue tearstone ring saved me at barely any health after getting hit by it and I managed to kill him, took me about 12 attempts.
>>
If they could have omitted the first part or just made the camera not so fucking terrible it would have been great. Really just the camera would solve it. I dug the idea of the fight with him on his dragon's back - when I was a summon for someone it worked because he wasn't locked onto one person all the time so you could actually fucking -see- him and not spend your time fighting the camera instead of dodging and fighting him and his mount.

What got me fed up to hell was the vertical fire vomit. The horizontal one was absurdly easy, almost too easy. But the vertical one no matter which direction I went whether I ran or rolled or did whatever I got hit with the fire nuke that double-hits you and kills you. Apparently you have to run in the direction the head is facing, but it happens so damn fast I could never spin my camera up to see it in time.
>>
I've seen lots of people who had trouble with him but what exactly do you find him troubling, /v/?
To my understanding, he was slow as shit. Leaves a large window of opening, leaves a cue for criticals, and seems to have a reasonable stamina.
His dragon was easily exploitable and you can totally avoid getting hit by staying around his neck.
>B-but the camera totally fucks you up
Who fucking told you to rely on lock-on camera 24/7?
>>
File: Twin_Princes.jpg (462 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Twin_Princes.jpg
462 KB, 1920x1080
Am I the only one that actually likes this boss fight? I see so much hate about it.
>>
>>335785803

Yes, you're literally the only one you special snowflake.
>>
>>335785672
>but it happens so damn fast I could never spin my camera up to see it in time.
Then don't spin it. Just run to the opposite of your camera currently showing. How is that so hard? Even with the slowest reaction that you could pull, you will probably get hit only once if you back off from it.
>>
>>335784471
Are you retarded?

He doesn't even have a lot of health.

I had more on my sl85
>>
>>335785792
his is the only boss where his second phase is actually easier than his first because when he starts to use his weapon art or the sunlight spear he leaves even BIGGER cues for BIGGER punishment

It should really be one of those attack where if you twitch react to it and dodge you get fucked before you have time to roll again
>>
>>335783535
Just keep rolling don't hit him twice and rush it just keep rolling and take you're time his moveset is pretty basic after you've been killed by him 6 or 7 times he's only hard because he's very unpredictable at first I died like 10 times but the time I killed him he seemed fairly easy and I was using the slow ass no reach great axe remember you can roll threw everything in this game just spam that circle button and pay attention
>>
Honestly he's basically Soul of Cinder phase 2 and a sorta gimmicky phase 1
If you'd be able to fight him straight away he'd be much easier, but you have to grind through the stupid bird first
>>
>>335785672
I don't think you understand how the fight is designed to go

you are never meant to be near his belly, ever, they want you to either face his head or stand near his neck

The vertical fire breath is bullshit because just like ancient dragon , you are never supposed to trigger it if you fight him correctly
>>
>>335785961
>unembered
>>
>>335785803
I liked it, thought the voice actor was a little cringey, sounded like a high schooler doing a play but I guess he is the younger brother so I can forgive it.
>>
>>335785672
He makes a faint cry like a second before launching into the air to do the fire breath thing, so just run like hell as soon as you hear it
>>
>that scarf
is it just me or does it look way to big and really retarded
>>
>>335785803
No it's great
>>
>>335785672
>If they could have omitted the first part or just made the camera not so fucking terrible it would have been great
I know one secret way to fix this problem.
It's by pressing R3 again.
>>
>>335786097
>Uuuuuuuhhhh brotherrrrrrr....
>>
>>335785803
IN NG+ I thought they were harder then namless king.

For nameless I think once you realize you can just roll back a few times and heal after he hits you it becomes a lot easier, just don't be to gready.

Getting in after his jump is best but really you can get in for a couple hits, take a hit and roll back and heal, that'l get there.
>>
>>335785803
This, soul of cinder and champion were the best bosses in the game.

Also >>335785868
>>
>>335785672
You fucked up if he does the vertical fire breath. You can do the whole fight without it happening if you position correctly
>>
>>335783535
>soulsborne
>4 souls games
>1 borne game
>10 king's field games
shouldn't you be calling it king's souls or soulsfield?
>>
Killed him with bow lol
>>
>>335786243
The constant teleporting made the fight extra fun for me. Expecially when the camera can't follow the boss, so you know exactly where he is.
>>
>>335783535
I used greataxe on the first phase and then a broadsword on the second one. If you just remember his attack patterns, he shouldn't be that hard.
>>
File: fuck you2.jpg (21 KB, 511x341) Image search: [Google]
fuck you2.jpg
21 KB, 511x341
>Fighting dragon phase
>dragon jumps out of my lock on
>Spin around 180*
>He isn't there
>King punches me in the back as I look for him
errytime

Also
>Punching dragon face
>He moves his head perfectly out of my hitbox
>Readjust
>Does it again
>Jumps away after I've wasted my endurance and done no damage

The dragon is the worst part of the fight just because of subtle bullshit
>>
>>335786859
The dragon is absurdely easy with locking on.
>>
>>335786859
>He still relies on lock-on despite fully knowing how it totally fucks him up
>>
>>335783535
Get Dragonslayer Greatshield if you have problems.
>>
>>335785969
> if you twitch react to it and dodge you get fucked before you have time to roll again
This is basically my entire experience with Souls games. This is my fourth one and I still have to train myself out of doing that for every boss and tough enemy.
>>
>>335786097
Same VA as Gwyndolin
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.