[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Orcs Must Die, anyone? I love this game >tfw sequel turned
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Orcs-Must-Die-2-Sorceress.jpg (157 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
Orcs-Must-Die-2-Sorceress.jpg
157 KB, 550x400
Orcs Must Die, anyone? I love this game

>tfw sequel turned it into a generic MOBA
>>
Really liked playing through it with a friend. Too bad it was so short. Is the DLC worth it?
Asking because I want more and the unchained game was a clusterfuck piece of shit when I tried it
>>
>>335781271
>>335781352

I want to add with no fucking balance.
Some guys are clearly overpowered on PvP but completely shit on PvE mode and the other way around,
Then you get the fucking oldman who is a fucking lighting machine and really op piece of shit
>>
>>335781352
DLC is defintively worth it if you like the game, especially if you get it on sale. Each DLC adds 3 new maps aswell as unique enemies
>>
I'm playing Unchained like some fucking crack addict.

Level 100+ so I'm stuck on this one god damn map so I'm losing the interest a bit.

And the grind is real. But it's the best out of all the OMD games in my opinion.
>>
>>335783926
As someone who loves Orcs Must Die, and tower defense in general, but never played a MOBA in my life, how would you think I'd like it?

Is it more TD or more MOBA? Also grindy, is it pay2win?
>>
>>335783971
The only moba part is the pvp i guess. But the actual game (survival) feels much better than the older games. Everything is much more roomy.
The unchained bit makes the game kinda easy at some points though. But it's quite challenging still.

It's in beta so it's free on steam right now.
>>
>>335784149
Also, grindy yes. I don't even own half of all the traps and I've dumped like 150hours into the game. Well you do have to choose between picking a new trap or upgrade one you own.

P2W, none at all. You can buy everything in the game though, but that's not p2w in my eyes.
>>
>>335783971
Another anon here.
It has 2 mode
Cooperative (which is basically OMD) and Conquest which is a 5vs5 mode, which there are 4 lanes, 2 are being pushed by your army while the other 2 has to be defended with traps'n'shit against the enemy army.

If you grind like a motherfucker (es: different maps have different rate chance of drops) you can craft anything expect for the skins.
The only thing worth nothing that the game has a limit trap number (120 on Coop and 65 on Conquest)
It's not "p2w" it's more like pay to recieve shit faster.
>>
>>335781271

Why must Orcs die again ?
>>
>>335784767
because thats the title.
>>
File: Really, nigg.png (25 KB, 171x275) Image search: [Google]
Really, nigg.png
25 KB, 171x275
>>335784767
Because they are invaders
And Invaders Must Die
>>
>>335781271
Unchained is far from a generic MOBA. It's pretty much Orcs must die with MOBA elements. Seems fun, but as though it can get dull quickly.

Grinding for characters looks like it takes ages too. Nearly impossible to find embers.
>>
>>335785598
It's faster with the quests, if you get lucky you get those that give 25 embers for playing 5 matches.
I was able to crafting Dobbin and now i'm at 300embers after 1 week or something of playing just doing the daily quest and some secondary (never more than 5 match daily)
>>
>>335785598
>>335785893
Since it's in beta is progress gonna get wiped?
>>
>>335784407
>It's not "p2w" it's more like pay to recieve shit faster.
You still pay money to get ahead of the rest of the playerbase.
>>
>>335789774
Yet if it doesn't boost your damage output, only on those traps
Don't forget that each level give bonuses high enough to cover it
Unless you are a retard that will waste all the bonuses into passive cards, having planned on what to create/upgrade/keep is all you need.
Fuck i'm level 30 and i'm still completing coop medium/hard without needing to upgrade or create new traps.

>>335789179
No, they already did it before opening to beta, you can play safely
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.