[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your ideas bros? Hammerfell or Summerset Isles?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 19
File: Elder-Scrolls-VI.jpg (32 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
Elder-Scrolls-VI.jpg
32 KB, 600x300
What are your ideas bros?

Hammerfell or Summerset Isles?
>>
Cyrodiil
>>
Elsweyr
>>
>elsweyr plea
>>
>>335780261
Elsweyr. But it was retconned by the gods into being another little slice of northwest Europe.

Also Khajit are just Egyptian people, no cats, retconned.

And moon sugar is candy.
>>
All of Tamriel. Yeah, no, really. All of it. Start with Hammerfell or Summerset. Skyrim/Morrowind and Cyrodiil released as expansions over time. Season pass? Why the fuck not.
>>
Tamriel
>>
Argonia. Yes I know how badly Bethesda would fuck it up. But I can't bring myself to give any other answer.
>>
Can't wait to have my character voiced.
>>
>>335780261
Valenwood and Elsweyr. Plot is a rebellion against the Domion in these provinces.

Make combat actually interesting + make quests more diverse than "go to a cave and clear out bandits/draugr and do X".

That would actually be enough to make Skyrim a good game, so hopefully they'll make these changes in VI they won't.
>>
Elder scrolls 6: Dominion in the Summerset Isle

and its gonna be shit
>>
Oh yeah, who's hype for Skyrim 2?
>>
>>335780261
All game is centered around one city and some neighbouring lands.

Skills are removed completely, you evolve by doing quests for the factions.

Leveling only affect HP/Magick/Stamina.

Dialogue wheel with "Yes! Yes? Sarcasm" and "Maybe later" options.

You can not add custom assets to the game, and severely limited in what you can do, but the can'tsoles get to use same mods PC do.
>>
Back in the Morrowind days I wanted the next games to be in Black Marsh or Valenwood more than anything. After Cyrodiil and Skyrim I want them to stay in those regions because if they touch anything like Black Marsh it'll be 'lol it got CHIM'd into a Tolkien-esque English medieval shire'.

Hammerfell would be alright as well. Or Orsimir but that'd feel like Skyrim 2.0.
>>
>>335780261
I want Valenwood so I can relive my everquest fantasies about tree elf cities
>>
>>335780538
Gross. Any game set in a place with beast people. Take your furry fantasy to /h/
>>
this image really makes me want summerset isles desu

such a pretty environment
>>
>Hopes
Black Marsh or Summerset Isles

>Expectations
Hammerfell or Valenwood

>Never gonna happen
Black Marsh and Elsweyr
I doubt that Bethesda would do anything as alien as the beast race provinces
Argonians would be to alien for most, and as if Bethesda could make the dense jungle of Black Marsh work

Elswyer wont happen because Bethesda would need to make the different breeds of Khajiit, and they wont do that, they wont make giant sabre toothed, four legged Khajiit
IF Elsweyr were to happen they would probably say something like this
>When Masser and Secunda disappeared all the Khajiit that were born were of Suntay-Raht and for that reason now every Khajiit is that breed
>>
>>335780527
this

I would be completely ok with it depending on if the base gameplay was actually good
>>
>>335780573
this is a sad reality that we exist in
>>
>>335780816
>you evolve by doing faction quest
my god, it sounds so horrible but so plausible at the same time
>>
>>335781349
Yup, no more doing a few of the main quest in the starting area, explore for days and come back with maxed everything to speed the story just because there was nothing left to do
>>
>>335780261
I don't even want it.
After ESO, this isn't the future anyone asked for
>>
Fuck you Todd.
I'm not doing your work for you.
>>
>>335780261
HAMMERFELL

Valenwood is acceptable though.
>>
File: Gabagoos Sopranos.jpg (153 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Gabagoos Sopranos.jpg
153 KB, 1024x576
>>335780261
At this point it doesn't matter where it's set. I only hope they make a competent RPG where they don't make you feel like a fucking special snowflake the entire time.

Lets hope they don't streamline the next one and water it down.
>>
No Dragons. No buy.
>>
>>335780261
Elswyr and Valenwood as one game
Together they're the size of the skyrim
>>
>>335780449
Todd please

>>335780465
>Muh lizard
>Muh High Elf
>Muh literal sand niggers
>>
>>335781409
Bethesda didn't work on TESO, you nut.
>>
>>335781515
Tell me how they "watered down" skyrim?
I'm not calling you wrong yet, I want some examples before I can agree
>>
>>335781536
It'll take place after skyrim, so you're guaranteed a few dragons hanging out.
>>
>>335781397
Fucking hell man, I can hear Todd "Who's laughing now" Howard say that on E3
>>
>>335781647
>less skills
>no attributes
>less enemy variance
>questlines were rather short
These were the main offenders
>>
>>335781698
I wouldn't mean one dragon as a boss fight, to show that they are actually dangerous when you're not the dragonborn.
>>
>>335781860
>>less skills
Changing something is not the equivalent of making it easier
>>no attributes
This doesn't make the game easier in any way, in fact it makes it harder, namely harder for mages.
>>less enemy variance
Design choice =/= Easier
>>questlines were rather short
This has nothing to do with difficulty, it has to do with the game being unfinished and shitty because of it.

Got anything else?
>>
Hammerfell if you're not a memester. Although it doesn't matter since FO4 is utter garbage. Better off playing the mmo at this point.
>>
File: 1424111548016.png (80 KB, 243x247) Image search: [Google]
1424111548016.png
80 KB, 243x247
>>335780261
YFW This game will inevitably be voice acted.
>>
>>335782095
You asked for what was watered down, not for what is easier, faggot
>>
>>335782274
"watered down" is the same as easier
>>
File: 1427011704957.jpg (50 KB, 400x637) Image search: [Google]
1427011704957.jpg
50 KB, 400x637
>>335780449

Mah nigga
>>
>>335782106
except FO4 is bethesda's best game
>>
>>335782245
That was a huge mistake and Bethesda knows it, they're not going to repeat it
>>
Pls post some Todd

I need to fill my Todd folder
>>
>>335781647
Well coming from a genre that generally relies on role playing in the play style you see fit, I didn't like how they got rid of the class system, and choosing something to specialize in. It's probably not the biggest complaint, but for an rpg, I feel like it's a mechanic that should've been in the game. I really enjoyed picking a specialty and crafting my own build and becoming proficient with the class I made.

They also make you join the college AND the thieves guild while playing the main quest. What if I'm playing as an Honorable Warrior who doesn't use magic? Why would I be forced to join two factions that don't even align to my playstyle?

Another thing, you advanced in the guilds way too quickly, and like I said, you are treated like a special snowflake almost the entire time in the factions. I would have liked it better if they made you feel a bit more like everyone else in the sense that when you join a faction, you perform tasks and advance just like any other member would. They actually tried doing this with their radiant quests, but they were generally just the same three tasks but in a different location. That's at least what I remember from the thieves guild.

One thing I really liked about the game is that you can completely destroy the darkbrotherhood. I enjoyed doing that more than I did playing the questline for them. It's choices like that make an rpg great. Anyways, that's all I can think of at the moment, but I feel like there is more to be said.
>>
Anything but the Northeastern United States
>>
File: B8, this is it.jpg (13 KB, 308x308) Image search: [Google]
B8, this is it.jpg
13 KB, 308x308
>>335782341
Heh.
>>
>>335780261
what I want
>take oblivion game
>remove retarded leveling
>correct illusion magic and total magic point increase of 10% of the intelligence stat at each level up
>bigger map (all Tamriel ?)
>add Skyrim combat system, craft (but fixed)
>new engine
>less linear dungeon

What it will be
>fantasy Fallout 4
>3 perks magic/stealth/fight, 2 stat magic point and health point
> voiced acting with "Yes", "Sarcastic Yes" "No but I mean Yes" dialogue wheel
>more radiant quest (my lord an other settlement need your help)
>smaller map
>even less spell and creature variety
>purge that dungeon the game
>even more linear dungeon
>same prehistoric engine
>>
>>335780261
They clearly could stand to profit by redoing morrowind. As much remakes like that are no-nos, it's a cool setting.
>>
>>335782548
>They also make you join the college AND the thieves guild while playing the main quest.
They're both entirely optional, you can just walk straight to Esbern and Signus to complete those quests provided that you the player know their locations.
>Another thing, you advanced in the guilds way too quickly
This is due to the game being rushed and unfinished, the original plan was to have all guild quests be radiant, but someone decided that was stupid and this is what they could throw together in what little time they had left.
>One thing I really liked about the game is that you can completely destroy the darkbrotherhood. I enjoyed doing that more than I did playing the questline for them.
Same, I almost always go for that route, I feel like if they weren't shooting for 11/11/11 that you could probably destroy the thieves guild too.

There are a lot of people who don't even know you can kill astrid in the shack.
>>
>>335782967
except Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim I mean
>>
>>335780261
Bretonia
>>
>>335780261
Hammerfell. Wide open spaces where having a horse is actually useful. Nomadic tribes in the desert that set up small tent cities the size of the cities inb Skyrim and move location every few days, and will let you know where they're going to be if you git gud with them. two or three major cities the size of Mournhold or at least the imperial city With a shit tonne of smaller cities and towns the size of the holds in Skyrim. Make it BIG and black. Less focus on triangles and shitty lighting since Bethesda is apparently shit at that anyway, and more focus on world design which we all know they can do if they apply themselves..
>>
File: BretonniaArmyBookMain.jpg (140 KB, 444x319) Image search: [Google]
BretonniaArmyBookMain.jpg
140 KB, 444x319
>>335783189
>>
>>335783338
Not that one.

Bretons are from high rock or what ws the province?

Left of skyrim.
>>
>>335780261
I actually thought it was gonna be Valenwood for a few days
>>
>>335782372
>Bethesda knows it,
What are you talking about
>>
Hammerfell, since we all know Bethesda can't code and help game performance for shit, at least if it's a desert the performance will be good
>>
Skyrim 2
>>
>>335783472
>What are you talking about
From a gameplay perspective, it's pretty obvious it's a bad idea, Bethesda does learn from their mistakes.
>b-but falliout 4 sold well!
So did Fallout 3, but they didn't copy everything they did with that, and they're not going to copy everything they did with Fallout 4 either.
>>
>>335783025
I'm pretty sure Bethesda might have taken the hint with the dialogue wheel. That seems to be the least popular change they made.
The engine will almost certainly be the same, I'll give you that.
The radiant quest thing is probably going to be a thing forever--it's lazy but it will always perpetually give you something to do.

With the dialogue though, it's been ages since I've played Morrowind, but from what I remember both Oblivion and Skyrim had extremely limited dialogue choices.

A lot of games have come out since Skyrim, and I think they might've figured out that if they want to be competitive, they'll have to throw in a few new things to keep people wanting to play this shit; a deeper combat and magic system for starters. The amount of magic and combat overhauls that came through with mods is staggering, and some of them are fucking awesome, even the ones that are relatively simple and came out relatively quickly after the game launched.

But I'm fucking over the "YOU ARE THE CHOSEN ONE" bullshit. That was alright the first time around, but I must've played through a few dozen times and skipped the main quest entirely.

I know it'll never happen, but I'd like to see some way of adding continuity with different characters--like, I've got one dude whose on the Imperial side of the Civil War, another whose Stormcloak, a DB assassin, thief, mage, etc. etc.; I'd love to have them do a thing where there can be some kind of shared world between them. There was a mod for Skyrim, Familiar Faces, which kind of did that. You imported a character from another save game, put them somewhere in the world, set them as either a rival or an ally or neutral.

At this point I don't really give a flying ass about the setting. In my opinion that's at least always been a strong point for previous EO games, and the options available can all be fleshed out in a spectacular way with today's graphics.
>>
Summerset isles or Valenwood

Anything but fucking hammerfell, really.
>>
>>335783761
Morrowind was an original spin on the chosen one story.

And Oblivion was just you playing a background character in someone else's chosen one story.

Skyrim is the only one that dropped the ball. Hopefully tes6 will be made of the same stuff as morrowind and oblivion.
>>
File: 1448463455139.jpg (195 KB, 480x404) Image search: [Google]
1448463455139.jpg
195 KB, 480x404
>>335782372
>and Bethesda knows it
But they don't.
Even if they do, Bethesda (like any other AAA company) is unable to scale back. Once they release one game with VA, any subsequent game without VA will be seen as a downgrade by the idiots in the general audience.
>>
>>335783874
nigga even the "general audience" doesn't like the voice acting
>>
>>335783061
You can with mods! I wish it was in vanilla, though. Those are the kind of choices I want to see in an rpg game. They should have added some dialogue to hint that there is nothing stopping you from killing Astrid in the shack. I also hope they don't have the DB in the next game, they can exist lore wise and in present day, but I'd rather see a new faction of assassins. Sort of how they added a unique version of the mages guild and fighters guild.

>They're both entirely optional, you can just walk straight to Esbern and Signus to complete those quests provided that you the player know their locations.
I guess that's true, but even so, it's where the game tells you to go to look for clues to find them, so that's bad design there for an rpg. It definitely could have been executed better imo.

>the original plan was to have all guild quests be radiant
I think it could have worked, but their radiant system needs more work I feel like before they're at that point. maybe after like 5 radiant quests they could have given you a scripted quest, but that all depends on the outcome of the questline and where it takes you I think. They would probably just make you the leader of the guild, but what if there were an option to decline the offering, but be an honorary high standing member or something? I also think that if they were gonna make you a leader than maybe they should have thrown some leader responsibilities at you, like literally anything that involves running the guild.
>>
>>335783874
see >>335783676
Bethesda DID scale back
>>
>>335780261
Summerset Isles. Bring the fight to the bloody High Elves
>>
>>335783947
Isn't Fallout 4 a big hit?
>>
>>335783761
>A lot of games have come out since Skyrim, and I think they might've figured out that if they want to be competitive, they'll have to throw in a few new things to keep people wanting to play this shit; a deeper combat and magic system for starters. The amount of magic and combat overhauls that came through with mods is staggering, and some of them are fucking awesome, even the ones that are relatively simple and came out relatively quickly after the game launched.

the biggest problem I have with skyrim is the disapearance of 90% of the spell compared to oblivion where you could be at least a little creative.

But even if the seek the wider audience possible a can't stop thinking Bethesda rely more and more on their reputation and put less and less work in their game.

Map are smaller and smaller, their is less and less perk/spell/RPG element, less actual quest replaced by radiant quest, etc...

The most shining example of lazyness is the french version of Fallout 4, they didn't even bothered to adapt the command for French keyboard (yes you can change key for movement but not for menu, settlement managment was a disaster), it's the first time it happened.
>>
File: 1454983139336.jpg (14 KB, 400x363) Image search: [Google]
1454983139336.jpg
14 KB, 400x363
>>335784109
With the normies. They don't know what makes a role playing game good.

>muh wife
>muh military background
>muh missing son
>sarcastic

What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>335783969
>They should have added some dialogue to hint that there is nothing stopping you from killing Astrid in the shack
>it's where the game tells you to go to look for clues to find them, so that's bad design there for an rpg
Actually it's completely fine design for an rpg, I see a lot of people complain about skyrim holding your hand throughout the game, but these are cases where you can let go.
>>
>>335784292
>normies
fuck off reddit
>>
Elswyer and Valenwood.

Both countries together are technically about the size of Skyrim
>>
>>335782372
>That was a huge mistake
Was it really? The only ones who complained were /v/.
>>
Listen up niggers
this is how it's gonna happen

TES VI
AKAVIR
you're a prisoner shitter sent to akavir to colonize that shit
snek people attack and you're now free
since Akavir is still getting colonize the place is completely empty and you get to make settlements like on Fallout 4
you can choose to help Akaviri or help Empire in the end
>>
>>335783969
Ha, it's funny thinking back on original Skyrim. I can't even imagine playing it without a million mods anymore--the College of Winterhold especially needed some serious work done to it, because the plot before was like--"you explore a few tombs, find some loot, bing-bang-boom, you're the new head of the college! Now fuck off."

I like the idea of having an end-game after the main quest line for each specific faction you can join that's more than just cleaning up some loose ends. Like, you've got all these dudes that are apparently great fighters or mages or thieves or whatever, and the most they can do after you solve their problems is follow you around or tell you to go do the same shit you did when you were just a newb. Well, fuck that--I'm the Archmage, YOU go find the book/scroll/amulet. Or, hey Companions, each of you go out and slay a beast and bring it's skull back and I'll determine which one will be my new drinking goblet. Or, hey thieves--go steal some shit.
>>
IT WILL BE HIGH ROCK UNFORTUNATELY BECAUSE WE NEED HUMANS
>>
>>335783061
>This is due to the game being rushed and unfinished, the original plan was to have all guild quests be radiant, but someone decided that was stupid and this is what they could throw together in what little time they had left.
Source?
>>
>>335784109
Technically yes it is, but you can hate something in a game you like.

>>335784396
>The only ones who complained were /v/.
Just because you only go to /v/ doesn't mean it's only /v/

I'm not a retard who shits their pants at the mention of other websites, so I do visit reddit for news and stuff, I often see people complaining about the voiced protag and how bad it is, and at the same time I see far less people defending it.
>>
>>335781349
sounds pretty good desu
wanna become a master thief? You have to rise the ranks of the thieves guild instead of being the best thief within 10 levels
>>
File: vr stealth archer.jpg (277 KB, 837x843) Image search: [Google]
vr stealth archer.jpg
277 KB, 837x843
>>335780261
VR support
>>
>>335784574
>Source?
Unfortunately I don't remember where I read that, so I have no source.

But a good example of it is the mage's guild
Joining the collage is fairly fleshed out, you have to cast a spell and they take you on a small tour of the place, but once you're past that the depth just stops.
>>
>>335784419
That would be nice, all they do in the vanilla is literally give you the title of leader and a new room with a bed.

They also should have added a faction of bandits, or enabled you to build your own group of bandits. You could have a hideout, raid a settlement, or bring your entire crew with you anywhere for raids.
>>
File: f97b142e816dbf6dea8ce777c4ceac4e.png (692 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
f97b142e816dbf6dea8ce777c4ceac4e.png
692 KB, 1920x1080
>>335782245
Go play Ultima on your Tandy you overly nostalgic faggot.
>>
File: skywindvivec.jpg (183 KB, 1024x673) Image search: [Google]
skywindvivec.jpg
183 KB, 1024x673
>>335780261
>>335780334
>>335780449
>>335780465
>>335780498
>>335780527
>>335780529
>>335780538
>>335780581
>>335780583
>>335781109
>>335781187
>>335781230
>>335781481
>>335781541
>>335782106
>>335783189
>>335783280
>>335783429
>>335783460
>>335783539
>>335783670

if you want a human province you're a pleb, if you want black marsh/elsweyr/valenwood/summerset isles you're delusional

>>335783059

Only right answer. All of Morrowind this time, not just Vvardenfell. Take another big time leap after Skyrim and everything will be inhabitable again.
>>
>>335786349
Does skywind take place before or during the events of Morrowind?
>>
File: magesguilds.png (672 KB, 1008x512) Image search: [Google]
magesguilds.png
672 KB, 1008x512
>>335786484

Oh, I couldn't care less about Skywind, making Morrowind in Skyrim's engine is stupid. I just like their art.
>>
>>335786349
There is always one idiot that feels the need to tag everyone
>>
>>335786607

>tag

you're not on facebook, newfriend

I actually had to remove the last 4 quotes cause this shitty site thought I was spamming
>>
>>335786349
There's already a team working on making all of morrowind and they've been at it for ten years. Parts of it should be playable now.
>>
Hope it's Hammerfell. I want to fuck big black asses in the bright, unending desert.
>>
>>335786551
Vivec didn't have a freestanding mages guild. So this must be after Vivec got crushed by a huge fucking rock.
>>
File: Vivec_Mages_Guild.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Vivec_Mages_Guild.png
2 MB, 1600x900
>>335788497
Actually it did
>>
>>335780261
Neither.
Hoping for Elsweyr or Black Marsh.
>>
>>335789846
That's because you're a cookie cut drone.
>>
>>335786698

You were, you gigantic faggot.
>>
File: god emperor dune.jpg (70 KB, 300x1070) Image search: [Google]
god emperor dune.jpg
70 KB, 300x1070
>>335780261

Elsweyr. I want to be the Kitty Kwisatz Haderach.
>>
>>335789928
>land ruled by cat people
>land ruled by elves who can't harm the forest
>cookie cutter
>>
High rock.
>>
>>335786349
Dark elves reclaiming there land?

Dominion and imperium ofering there support in exange for alliance?

A old evile aeakening or maybe even vivec him self going full retard?

Come back of the dwarf elves?

Falmer goblins taking over the land?

Dwarfs kidnap vivec to end there curse and try to take over the world?
>>
>>335780261
argonia aka black marsh
>>
Valenwood if they could get the moving trees thing working otherwise Highrock because lots of caves
>>
File: fcvoJ.png (51 KB, 900x685) Image search: [Google]
fcvoJ.png
51 KB, 900x685
Valenwood, Anaquina, Pellitine, and that one little island off of Alinor's east coast
>>
>>335791840
The trees don't move very often actually. Don't need moving trees.
>>
>>335780573
Going to be hard with so many races.
>>
High Rock + Hammerfell
OR
Summerset Isles + Valenwood
>>
Why? So you guys can shit all over this to? /v/ doesnt deserve another Elder Scrolls.
>>
>>335793234
What is wrong with you? They need to try to get one province to feel properly huge for once, not blow their load by half assing multiple.
>>
please do not fuck the cats
thank you
>>
I'm already mad at how shit ES:6 is gonna be

Fucking stiff ass floaty combat, same shitty highschool dropout animator, obsession with muh accessibility leading to dumbed down everything

I wish the IP was handed off to someone who knows what the fuck they are doing
>>
>>335793431
>/v/ is one person
>>
>>335780261
Redguard 2
>>
It will have a bunch of Skyrim references because it made the biggest impact to normies and they will try to appeal to them
>>
https://youtu.be/HY6S7j1UhTg
>>
They shouldn't even bother unless they stop pandering to nugamer "WHY DOESNT MAH RPG PLAY LIKE A FPS" idiots.
>>
>>335780261
Fallout 4, but strip any RPG elements to the minimum.
>>
>>335793431
>You're not allowed to be critical of a game on a video game discussion imageboard

Fuck off back to your preferred safespace, you limpwristed faggot.
>>
>>335796017
Reminder that Skyrim's success was just following and expanding on Oblivon's, and there's not a lot of Oblivion references in the game. Hell, there's not even oblivion gates.
>>
>>335796121
>advertising your own videos
>>
It's going to be either Negrofell or Valanwood. High Rock has an outside chance, but I doubt it would be there in full.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yfJzBJCzqo

Looking at this, the level of detail in the terrain and environment actually looks better than Skyrim.

Whatever the next EO game is, they need to be able to have more than 12 dudes fighting at a time. The whole Civil War thing was kinda lame when you realized this big conflict that everyone was talking about "tearing the country apart" boiled down to maybe 200 dudes on other side. And apparently horses must have been pussies in Skyrim because cavalry charges just aren't a thing.
>>
>>335784904
Right? I feel like this has consistently been a huge missed opportunity in every single Bethesda game. There's this big open world and there's ALWAYS bandits, so--they seem like they might know what they're on about, maybe I should be a bandit because I don't want to get involved in shitty guild politics, spoopy DB occultism, and frankly sticking a weapon in someones face and making them give me their shit is a lot easier than sneaking into a manor armed with badass mercenaries to steal some amulet.
>>
File: 1449770989756.jpg (13 KB, 229x302) Image search: [Google]
1449770989756.jpg
13 KB, 229x302
>>335780261
Everything Bethesda touches nowadays turns to shit. They should just release Oblivion 2 or Skyrim 2 before they fuck over other assets of their IP.

Oblivion is 10 years old now. Bet there are enough people who'd be happy to return to Cyrodiil
>>
I would like to see the deserts of Hammerfell as well as learn some more about Redgaurd history in general.

And with how popular pandering to niggers and cucks has become for western devs I will likely get that.
>>
File: Akavir_copy.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1330) Image search: [Google]
Akavir_copy.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1330
>>335780261
I had this idea that the PC was the leader of a colonial ship from Tamriel, being one of the first to land in Akavir. Once the player walks upon land, no questmarkers or maps. Its up to the player to explore the land.
The first quest would be to create the first tamreilic colony and settlement. Here the player gets to put markers where houses shall be built (Like the settlement creator in FO4) and where roads will be paved. After exploring a bit, the natives of akavir will start attacking the settlements, and a war between the akavir and the tamrielic colonies.

Since theres no map, the player would have to navigate through the compass, and lore from the old books from the first wars with the akavir.
Settlements could be named in the same way that you name characters in Tomadachi Life (picking syllables and shit to create a noise).

But then again, this is a pretty bold change for the elder scrolls series so it'll probably never happen anyway
>>
>>335799524
Not a bad idea. Settlement building in FO4 seemed like an issue of survival/being comfy.

Settlement building in a medieval fantasy game could have a colonial theme to it. Which is awesome, because then it's a really, really short step towards GENOCIDE!

And it wouldn't kill them to maybe bump the tech up just a bit. It's been hundreds of years since Morrowind, so you have to figure that even though they've got magic to make shit easier, having all those goddamn Dwemer ruins *everywhere* that are constantly getting looted on would lead to some rediscovering and widespread use of steam stuff. Hell, Markarth was *built* on a Dwemer ruin, and the stupid fucking Nords just made comfy homes, a tavern, and an easily escapable prison mine out of it.

Setting it on an island would also give some opportunities for naval stuff. There were some pretty awesome mods going as far back as Morrowind for player controlled ships (I remember I had the mod when Bloodmoon came out, and sailed all the way to Solstheim in real time). I'm not talking Black Flag style pirate battles or anything, although that would be pretty rad, I'm just saying there's always ships in these goddamn games, and they've always just been used as either wreckage or permanently docked somewhere.
Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.