[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nintendo dropping out of the console industry is a good thing.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1425420058794.png (275 KB, 546x458) Image search: [Google]
1425420058794.png
275 KB, 546x458
Nintendo dropping out of the console industry is a good thing. Think about it. Their consoles have NEVER done as well as their handhelds. In fact, ever since the SNES, their console sales have been dropping like crazy with each new release and we are now at the point where we can no longer ignore the elephant in the room. They need to go third party. Fast.
Console exclusivity hurt consumers and the industry alike. It would be ideal if all developers developed games for one console only(the PS4) instead of everyone having to throw out $300+ just to play a few games. Developers would also not have to worry about differences in ports or being forced to use gimmicks(Looking at you, Nintendo..) when developing their games.
This is, of course, not counting PCs. PCs are still far too expensive for the average consumer.
MicroSoft should also drop out, obviously. They're not doing nearly as poorly as Nintendo and they could probably survive for a few years against the PS4, but they'd go under eventually.
Imagine having all games on the PS4. Amazing Sony titles, of course, but also secondary games from Nintendo and the few MS owned studios. It'd be a new golden era. Too bad fanboys are holding us back..
>>
File: 1434502092125.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1434502092125.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>335778664
Wii U is Nintendo's Saturn
NX is Nintendo's Dreamcast
>>
>monopolies
>good
>>
>>335778914
It's not a monopoly. Can you not read?
>>
>>335778664

I look at it this way:

I'm not poor. I buy each console when there's 5 or more games I want on it.

I get the added bonus of making you unhappy in life.

Frankly, I'm having a great time all round.

PS4 still needs 3 more games I want before I buy one
>>
>>335778961
So, you're actively damaging the industry to spite me? Please..
>>
>>335779018

Have you seen the "industry"'s net worth these days? That's an interesting definition of "damaging". What I think you MEAN to say is "The industry isn't exactly as I want it"

please
>>
If there was only 1 console why do you think it will be cheap? It will be like 800 dollars due to not needing to price compete
>>
>>335779164
What are you talking about? It'd be ~$300, like a regular console.
>>
>>335779459

PS3 was a regular console on release and what price was it?

If there was only one option why would you, as a business, undercharge?

Instead of thinking like a twat try thinking rationally.
>>
>>335779713
Adjusted for inflation? $400.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.