[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The thing I'm most mad about is not the Zelda delay. It
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: HNI_0006.jpg (37 KB, 720x377) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0006.jpg
37 KB, 720x377
The thing I'm most mad about is not the Zelda delay. It is that after YEARS of seemingly understanding that their fans thrive on interaction and producing Nintendo Directs to rave reviews, Nintendo have kept silent for the best part of a year surrounding what should have been the Wii Us most important game, only to relegate it to an inferior port and we only heard about it as sloppy seconds from an investors meeting. And they are trying to pedal this as a GOOD thing!

Way to shit all over your fans, Nintendo.
>>
Nice blog.
>>
It would almost have been better if Nintendo Directs had never existed, and it would DEFINITELY have been better if they had done a Direct first apologising for the delay. As it is, they've taken the worst possible route for pissing off fans.

Truly Iwata was the soul of the company after all.
>>
File: 1437242181797.png (524 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1437242181797.png
524 KB, 800x800
Will you shut the fuck up? Remember Twilight Princess? The only difference between the two was the motion controls, and the backwards map actually made it the INFERIOR port.

The NX version is not going to have any significant advantages over a game that's spent 75% of its development on the Wii U. Even if somehow the NX version runs better, the Wii U version isn't going to be somehow gimped, it would have run that way from the start.

It sucks that they're abandoning the Wii U at this point but they didn't betray you in any way, if you for whatever reason bought a Wii U JUST for the promise of Zelda (which is retarded, why wouldn't you wait till the game is actually out?), YOU STILL ARE GETTING ZELDA AND IT'S GOING TO BE THE EXACT SAME GAME THAT IT WOULD HAVE BEEN EVEN IF IT WASN'T ON NX.

Do you not understand why the Wii U needs to be abandoned at this point? When the Wii U came out, what was everyone complaining about for almost a year? That there were no games. It launched with a gimmick fest Nintendo Land and a Mario game that everyone considered a quick cashgrab, Pikmin came out a little later, but then there was nothing until 3D World, Mario Kart and Smash more than a year later. That is what fucked the Wii U, nobody bought it for the first six months, and therefore every publisher and indie considered it not worth developing for, and that was it.

The NX needs to have games at launch or else it's going to be a Wii U repeat, that's why likely everything in development for Wii U has been moved to NX. The Mario team should be ready to show off the next Mario, the Animal Crossing team should be about ready to show the next Animal Crossing, and with Zelda close to release, that means the next console Zelda won't be done for three or four more years. A Nintendo console simply cannot survive anymore without their key franchises in the first year, and that's the fact of the matter.
>>
>>335777561
So you think the hardware gap between Wii U and NX will be identical to Gamecube and Wii?
>>
>>335777716
That's not what I said, but either way the Wii was about twice as powerful as the Gamecube, according to Nintendo, and Twilight Princess had absolutely no visual improvements on Wii. If they wanted the NX version to look better at this point they'd have to redo all the models and textures. It's a port, it's not like they're remaking the game for NX and then downporting it to Wii U.

Every Zelda game since WW has run at 60FPS natively anyway, so I will be extremely surprised if there's a single visual difference between the NX and Wii U versions. The NX port is being done solely to sell the NX version to people who don't own a Wii U, the Wii U version isn't Nintendo throwing Wii U owners a bone, the NX version is throwing non-Wii U owners a bone.
>>
>>335778145
>the Wii was about twice as powerful as the Gamecube
Not even close, there was barely any improvement.
>>
>>335778285
Well either way, there was no visual difference and there's no reason to believe this will be any different. MAYBE there'll be better AA at best, but it doesn't change the point that the Wii U version is not being changed or downgraded in any way.
>>
>>335777561
Its not about the abandoning of the Wii U or the Zelda delay. If you'd read the fucking OP. It is that they could have talked to fans for the past year and told us directly, as they did with the previous delay, but they chose to stay silent. After all they should have learned from the response to Nintenndo Directs, they have taken the worst possible actions. If you can't understand how to read then kindly fuck off, you massive retard apologist.
>>
>>335778549
How do you know when they even decided? Why does it even matter since the Wii U version is still coming out and will be exactly the same?
>>
>>335778549
You understand that would've weakened their position? Even if they knew 12 months ago it would be coming out in 2017 they have to make the correct decision by announcing it alongside NX.
>>
>>335778504
Frame rate, lighting, and render distance are visual differences.
>>
>>335778757
>>335778684
As I said, it doesn't matter when it was decided. Rather than telling us through a nintendo direct and with an apology, we have heard this from an investors meeting and via a tweet. A tweet in which they try to paint the dual release in a good light instead of for what everybody knows it is- a salvaging. They should have addressed this issue directly. The fact that they haven't proves that they don't understand how good their Directs were for them. This is what makes me disappointed.
>>
>>335779182
You're allowed to be disappointed but what you want is not what would be best for the company, so you can't have rationally expected them to do what you wanted. I seriously hope you can appreciate the distinct difference between those two concepts. Have a good thread I will unwatch this
>>
>>335779370
Are you saying that it would actually be bad for the company who sold millions of Wii Us to apologise to those consumers for misleading them again? You can't be serious.
>>
>>335779182
Nintendo Directs are exactly what is best for the company. They have taken a step backwards.
>>
>>335779370
If they'd dropped this news in a direct with a little bit of footage and apology to smooth things over then they would have so much more goodwill now. They haven't done what's best.
>>
>>335777561
Wasn't the Wii version 16:9 and the Cube one 4:3?
>>
It's really sad to see you guys in such obvious denial. The reason this game has been delayed so much for so long is because they swapped primary consoles. Wii U version WILL be gimped. Mark my words.
>>
Does anyone even care anymore? I think people who truly believed in Nintendo have jumped the gun and all that's left is a couple of fanboys who are still in denial.
>>
>>335778145
Wii had widescreen

Also
>WW
>60 fps
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.