[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone playing this masterpiece?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 16
File: Gungeon2.jpg (62 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
Gungeon2.jpg
62 KB, 460x215
Anyone playing this masterpiece?
>>
>>335774292
ill get it when I finish hotline miami 1 + 2
>>
>>335774292
>Anyone playing this masterpiece?
>another pixel shit
>>
>>335774431
(You)
>>
>tripfag
>indie pixelshit flavor of the hour
sage
>>
>>335774292
It's not a masterpiece though. It's even more RNG dependent than Isaac and has a very slow start at every new run.
On top of that even if you manage to get to x floor without spending anything there's a not so small chance of you not having enough resources to unlock the next shortcut because the goddamn Tinker is asking for the moon.
Gameplay is nice but the fact dodging makes you move makes bosses kinda awkard since the main difficulty becomes not getting stuck in a corner more than the actual boss pattern.

Another thing that in the long run is annoying is that every single room with monsters gets locked once you enter instead of letting you exit to the other door if you can dodge. I guess this last rambling though was made for players to avoid cheesing.

Now it sounds I hate the game but I actually like it. I just can't help thinking about its annoying defects now that I'm burned out. It's not a masterpiece.
>>
File: 20160427022553_1.jpg (338 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160427022553_1.jpg
338 KB, 1920x1080
Not pictured: The cigarettes I used something like a dozen times, eight Master Rounds.

Clone is pretty good.
>>
>>335774292
>99% of the guns are the same
>very few modifiers, very hard to get any
>scaling health
Lost interest too quickly. While its a fairly smooth control wise the gameplay is boring.
>>
>>335775520
>2 hrs 3 minutes for a run

Jesus christ
>>
>>335775721
Is that too short or too long?
>>
Yeah I'm playing it. It's amazing. It's the most polished game I've seen in a while. I love the delicious tears of all the people that are terrible at the game and blame their failure on obviously unrelated things.
>>
>>335775721
>>335775802
Clone was involved, most likely it was two full runs.
>>
>>335775864
>get fucked by rng
>slow as hell
>xD you're terrible
The only terrible thing here is this memegame. They focused too much on polish and forgot to make a fun videogame that you can enjoy.
>>
File: 120px-Marine_Card.png (6 KB, 120x104) Image search: [Google]
120px-Marine_Card.png
6 KB, 120x104
>RIP AND TEAR YOUR GUNS!
>YOU ARE HUGE! THAT MEANS YOU HAVE HUGE GUNS!
>RIP AND TEAR!
>>
>>335776018
>complaining about rng in rougelike
>>
>>335774292
The scaling enemy health really makes this game feel like a chore.
>>
>>335774292
Shitty tripcode with a shitty opinion, who'd thunk it.

Gungeon's core gameplay is fine. Absolutely everything else surrounding it is shit. Incredibly rare ways to increase damage. Enemy health scaling sharply per floor. Inflated boss HP. Too many weapons that are lucky enough to just be a faster-firing version of your starter with a bigger magazine. Too many weapons that are WEAKER. Weapons that just feel too weak in general getting further exacerbated by the health scaling. Passives are too divided between being so good they're OP and being so shit you won't even notice they're there. A completely pointless use-it-or-lose-it thing with some thieving, invincible rat that makes you compelled to pick everything up because it's better to have it than not. Except when it's such a shit item that isn't the case.

People say it's trying to be a mixture between Nuclear Throne and Isaac but it misses the point of both, and easily COULD carve out its own niche but its fucked up implementations of those games' systems drag it down to being a once and done sort of thing.

Nothing I pick up in EtG shows up enough to keep me playing again. Hell, there's only a few items I can think of that I'd even get excited for seeing again: that one item that fires a shot when you reload, the BSG/BFG knockoff, and the Metronome.

At first I liked it but at the end of the day I'd say go play either Isaac or NT instead, they do both of what EtG borrows from them far better. Or OWH+ like some people suggest.
>>
I've unlocked everything and found 99% of all items and guns.

was a fun game.
>>
>About to fight 2nd floor boss, have found gamma ray, charm bow and the derringer. Shop is selling trashcannon

The weapons are terrible. I wish they spent more time on making the weapons fun and feel powerful than shoehorning in 200 lolsorandom guns.

So many shitty passive and active items that are no fun. Synergies are few and far between

Health scaling on the same tedious mobs is bollocks

This is no masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination. Stick with BoI or NT
>>
>>335776214
I wouldn't mind rng if half the items weren't fucking garbage, pickups weren't literally rarer than pre patch isaac hard mode, and enemy health didn't scale for no reason. And staring a new run feels like a goddamn chore, not something you look forward to. If you enjoy this game you have stockholm syndrome or played so much isaac/nuclear throne that they're too easy for you now.
>>
I'll start playing it again now that I'm done with DS3.
>>
>>335776420
Let me try to translate this:

>Incredibly rare ways to increase damage.
It's really hard for me to beat the first floor

>Enemy health scaling sharply per floor.
One time I made it to the second floor.

>Inflated boss HP.
I'm terrible at dodging and get killed nearly instantly.

>Too many weapons that are lucky enough to just be a faster-firing version of your starter with a bigger magazine. Too many weapons that are WEAKER. Weapons that just feel too weak in general getting further exacerbated by the health scaling.

I've actually never played at all, once I saw a video on youtube though.
>>
>>335776420
I never upgraded to OWH+ because I bought the original for like a dollar and wasn't hooked.
Does + make a significant difference or improvement?
>>
>>335776703
>boss hp in gungeon is fine
kill yourself
>>
>>335776703
Not even that other Anon, but he made valid points. The game is a chore to play. When well over half of the power ups you can potentially receive are garbage it lowers the incentive to keep playing.
>>
>>335776542
>If you enjoy this game you have stockholm syndrome or played so much isaac/nuclear throne that they're too easy for you now.

translation: I admit, I'm a complete shitter. I should be playing undertale or stardew. what am I doing here?
>>
>>335776703
>>335776875
Translation: I am a shill who sucks cock for a living.
>>
>>335776703
the HP is kind of silly, though. if you're not blessed by good RNG and have to make due with nonexistent/shit weapons you have to spend like 10 fucking minutes rolling and shooting for the later bosses. it crosses the line from "challenge" to "chore"
>>
>>335776703
I'll tell the truth, have I beaten the game? No.

Have I even properly met the Dragun? No. I made it to the Forge one time, with half of those items I mentioned being able to recall. BSG + firing a shot when you reload is great, but I had other one-shot weapons that benefited from that. Synergies like that are far too rare, honestly. Even more moderate ones like the one time I had +1 Fat Homing Bullets are too rare.

But I've put in 21 more hours than you have into the game.

There's shit you won't pick up on unless you play it yourself. There's shit you won't pick up on that grates because you haven't played it enough.

If you're going to defend something, at least actually have played the damn thing long enough to form your own opinion.
>>
>>335774292
It's okay but it becomes too boring and annoying as the game goes on.
A lot of guns are utter shit, you're better off with your default weapon, and when your default weapon can't keep up because the dumb health scaling per floor you sudden;y end up with only a few weapons that are actually usable.
At least some are good for bosses and some are good for normal enemies so if by some miracle you get one of each you can actually have fun again.

Unless you get Fightsaber and shit on everything in the entire game.
>>
>>335775802
Mostly see hour for a run, clone essentially allows you to loop so.
>>
>>335776930
Nice unrelated comeback anon.
>>
>>335776965
>I've put in 21 more hours than you have into the game.

Yeah I nearly have all the unlocks. I've beat the dragun plenty of times. I struggle to think of any bad items other than a small handful that are presented to the player as a stated challenge.
>>
>>335777052
Also fuck you, as if perfecting bosses is even worthwhile. See, paradoxically, for doing so you get more HP.

But if you're good enough to not get hit during a boss stage you probably don't need an HP up. They're not even rewarding you properly. I mean, you're so pro you don't need the health ups from the Master Rounds, right? Tell you what, perfect the whole game and leave them there.

Tell me what the point of them is.

You stink of the sort of idiot who isn't even as skilled as he portrays himself as, but as long as someone out there is, you can still stick by all the bullshit you're spewing.
>>
I thought it would appeal to me but it just doesn't grab me at all. I play like one round and just go eh, cbf playing another.
>>
>>335777206
It makes perfect sense, you perfect the floor and then you use the hp on the next floor where you aren't perfect yet. Just because you can flawless one floor doesn't mean you can flawless the next one.
>>
I would probably play it if there weren't better games out. Spelunky, Nuclear Throne, The Binding of Isaac, Crypt of the Necrodancer, Downwell, Risk of Rain, I have a whole laundry list of roguelites that I could play. Gungeon doesn't really do anything particularily well, the guns all sound like either peashooters or "pew pew" shit. It's very tedious to play and all the "different" guns just irk me and remind me of borderlands. Like the trick gun. An obvious reference to Bloodborne, but what's the point? A pistol that transforms into a shotgun when you reload. Okay, so, I'll never use the pistol version because it's almost always inferior to the shotgun version. So I have to either shoot the shotgun version down to one shell, switch to another gun and use it for a bit, and switch back to get it reloaded, or reload and then waste a bullet in the pistol version to reload again and get back to the shotgun version. And there are plenty of pistols/shotguns in the game anyway, so why would I use this in the first place, unless I was a huge BB fag? Into the gun muncher it goes.

I really tried to like it, because usually I love these kinds of games, but, I just can't.
>>
>>335776528
>complaining about RNG in a roguelike
>>
>>335777052
>lol get good go play undertale or harvest moon pc
>lol go suck a dick
>lol nice comeback
if you shitpost, i'll shitpost
faggot
>>
File: 1448385903795.jpg (159 KB, 621x621) Image search: [Google]
1448385903795.jpg
159 KB, 621x621
>get a gun that deals as much damage as your character's starting weapon
>>
I think my biggest problem with the game is how actually using the guns you get is a waste until floor 3 or 4 because you'll just run out of ammo for them extremely fast to kill shit that your starter gun could have killed just fine. That and the huge amount of hp bosses have, and the enemy scaling per floor means the game is slow as shit to get any momentum going, and only really starts to get fun at floor 3 or 4. But then by the time you reach said floor the enemy hp scaled so much that the powerful guns you've been saving to use suddenly don't feel as powerful anymore.
>>
>>335776542
I think that Isaac is overall harder than Enter the Gungeon because lack of mobility.

Bullet hell in Gungeon really isn't even that bad, since you can just roll out of the way most of the time. Isaac has Hush and Mega Satan for real heavy bullet hell bosses, while Gungeon has the High Dragun.
>>
>>335777446
Nah, the pistol version is actually just as good as the shotgun version, just in different situations. The pistol bullets bounce, for one, have longer range, do more damage/shot, and are more accurate.
>>
>>335777492
Good rng gives you different combinations of items or perks that you can use to adapt your playstyle and win the game. Shit rng gives you garbage half the time.
Stop shilling.
>>
File: 1460496919968.gif (1 MB, 215x200) Image search: [Google]
1460496919968.gif
1 MB, 215x200
This is an example of a game that so nearly gets it but then totally shits the bed on the last hurdle (items)
>>
>>335777191
Any of the amulets aren't worth it. MOST of the time you're using Blanks during boss battles and DoT isn't worth shit on bosses unless you can consistently proc it, and you aren't doing that with Blanks without an Elder Blank, which in itself is another item you require. Junk is literally worthless unless you have the Trashcannon, they nerfed you getting anything other than a few casings out of it a while ago.

Plenty of shit chest weapons do weaker damage and don't even have some worthwhile gimmick to make up for it.

>>335777441
No no no no, see you want to interpret this shit as a literal shmup in which case, fuck you, restart any time you get hit. That's the sort of game you're good at, right? Do it that way.

There are certain considerations you have to take when blending genres. Sometimes you get good ones like Valkyria Chronicles balancing TPS with TBS. Sometimes you get really shitty nonsensical mashups.

It doesn't make sense because Isaac is the game where you have to actually perfect the floor, it's only the boss in this game. You have to be consistently good at both scoring and survival for an extra life in a shmup to mean anything really.

I just think it's silly that the reward for successfully no-hitting a boss is more HP. Not when you could get a damage up or hell just another item roll.

Why do I want a Master Round when Heart of Ice exists?
>>
>>335777606
They're both real easy. Most people are real bad though.
>>
I just unlocked Ox and Cadence, how does their shop work? I unlock weapons/items with credits, and they start appearing as drops/chests?

Are the unlockables at least good? What should I get first?
>>
>>335777641
Do you even know what the word shilling means?
>>
>>335777606
the litch is the true last boss of ETG. it has 3 forms

the dragun is just the last stop for most players
>>
>>335777701
>they nerfed you getting anything other than a few casings out of it a while ago.

I'm salty because I was performing and obvious exploit and they prevented me from further taking advantage of it.

literal autism.
>>
>almost all starting weapons blow dick, have to get a good gun soon or you're shafted unless you're so autistic that you can perfect the game with the starting gun
>get like no cash drops
>nigger in the shop sells crap half the time
>chests giving me HP instead of firepower
>bosses having shittons of hp
>i'll use MY hp to beat THEIR hp!
>perfecting the boss gives you more hp
>now you can use your hp to take on the next floor instead of a good item!
what the fuck
fuck that, not fun
>>
>>335777810
I forget what's in their shop at the start, can you list them off real quick?
>>335777701
You do realize trash wasn't supposed to give you 50 casings, right
>>
>>335777843
It's when someone talks about a recent game you don't like.
>>
>>335777810
you use the credits from bosses to purchase stuff from them, and yes they're good. some items are for putting debuffs, some are for pushing them, some are for sniping, some are for up close. get used to switching weapons.
>>
>>335777943
you don't get cash cuz you're bad brah. if you get hit they won't give you money.
>>
>>335778115
>got more money
>nigger keeps selling me trash
okay i'll just work on my skills in order to be rewarded with a big sack of rocks in my pockets
>>
>>335777903
Quit trying to push your retarded opinion as what I "really mean."

You asked for shitty items, I told you that. But honestly, Junk is the perfect example.

Too many synergies in this game require the perfect setup of getting all of them at once because too many of them are mutually exclusive. In fact the best ones are the ones that hugely benefit you by themselves, like the Metronome.

I'll put it to you like this, you fuckhead. I have the choice of getting good at this game, which, while rewarding to win despite the shit RNG, doesn't offer much beyond that, or I could get good at a real shmup that cuts out all this bullshit and leaves it up to me to get good at learning its patterns, whatever gimmick it has, and scoring system.

The items are way too weak for this to rival Isaac. Very few of the guns themselves synergize with each other either.

It's just a game that's piss poor at bringing people back for a Shmup reason (no scoring, once you beat it you're playing it again to get consistently good at it at best) or a Roguelike reason (most items are shit, runs are long enough to get invested in that you feel like you lost whatever good setup you had for good when it happens.) So yeah, a gaming Adonis like you has a lot of fun, but most people are going to get fed up with it in a matter of hours.
>>
>>335778376
>The items are way too weak for this to rival Isaac.

probably the issue right there. you're comparing this to babby's first roguelike. isaac is easy as shit, so easy that you can play like ass and the game will carry you anyway.
>>
>>335777745
Isaac's pretty hard because you have no way out if you're caught between two things.

There's some pretty legitimately difficult fights in the game if you don't have a god-like run. I fear for my life every time I run into The Fallen, The Bloat, The Adversary, and Gurdy Jr., and there are some other difficult bosses that can be situationally more bullshit than anything in the Gungeon, like Blighted Ovum, and Ultra Pride.

Isaac swings heavily in difficulty if you don't just reset until you get Tech X in your item room, or Brimstone in your cursed room. Try it sometime.
>>
Nah, I'm still playing the far superior nuclear throne.

Get on my level.
>>
>>335778543
Not really. Enough items in Isaac are middle of the road situational shit that it can still come down to skill at the end of the day. I won't deny that it's easy to get a broken setup, sometimes on the first floor, but you're downplaying some of its fiercer parts just because you want to defend EtG as if it's some precious gem.

You keep acting like you're some real badass for playing this game. You're not. You're just capable of enduring poor game design better than most.

I stand by what I said earlier: the core gameplay is fine. It's that all the supposedly supporting systems are actively working against the gameplay.

I mean shit, you want to complain about it being babby's first Roguelike but none of these games even count as actual Roguelikes in the first place.

And for the record, I'm going to back >>335778692. I'd rather go back to trying to beat the Nuclear Throne, at least it's no big deal when a weapon you get there isn't worth writing home about until it's happened multiple jumps.
>>
>>335778584
It's really not. I never reset and have 1001%. All of the bosses you named are jokes except for Adversary and he is only an issue when you are fighting two of them on the opposite sides of the screen. The fact that you named Blighted Ovum and Ultra Pride as bullshit suggest that either you're memeing, you're horrible, or both. Blighted Ovum is Monstro tier easy.
>>
>>335778838
>Implying
There's a Blighted Ovum setup which you literally cannot perfect if you don't have a single damage up as Lazarus. Like, it's literally impossible because the creep doesn't disappear in time.

And I have 1001% too, and am on my way to getting it again. Isaac's still extremely difficult if you don't play as broken characters. Try fighting Ultra Pride as the Keeper, where you can, at best, hit 2 of your shots because if you get close enough to land all 3, you're going to get homing puke to the face. It's aggravating as all shit to fight him.

Also
>The Bloat
>A joke
Confirmed for never getting 1001%
>>
>>335777695
I dunno, even if items were better there'd be problem of variety in floors. There's not enough room layouts, and not enough variety in the actual things that can happen in the floors.
It sucks to compare this to Isaac, but in that each area has three variants, and there's plenty of other shit going on that might appear too, like gambling, curse rooms, and fuck what else. Gungeon also has some stuff like that, but it never fucking appears.

The runs are too fucking samey.
>>
>>335778838
See the thing is with Bosses is that every person has a different experience with them. I've seen people say they can't handle Envy/Super Envy.

My personal hangup is on the fucking Bloat's bloodlaser spam. Everything else I can reasonably deal with.

I mean shit even people in this game say Ammoconda's the most bullshit 2nd Chamber boss and the Kill Pillars being the most bullshit fourth. Treadnaught used to be the worst 3rd.

>>335778838
The thing that I love about people like you is that you act like you're fucking Gregor and you expect other people to play as well as you, otherwise they're shit and their opinion doesn't matter.

You also never actually back up your badass front with any proof of it.

So fuck right off, you wannabe tryhard.
>>
>>335779052
The bloat is a complete fucking joke, yeah sure he brimstone'd me the first time I saw him. Then I learned his pattern and never got hit by it again except for weird boss rush situations.

>There's a Blighted Ovum setup which you literally cannot perfect if you don't have a single damage up as Lazarus. Like, it's literally impossible because the creep doesn't disappear in time.

there is a rare but inescapable situation in a lazily designed game? color me surprised. go tell edmund about it, he'll tell you there isn't any unavoidable damage. you probably die to gemini too.
>>
>>335779239
Boss Rush Bloat isn't even that bad, since you have ample space to just ignore the Peepers, and you can get away with dancing in front of him to avoid the Brimstone. It's when you get him in a normal sized room, where you're basically fighting 3 things at once. It's almost as bad as Double Adversary or Eternal Mole Worms in the original.
>>
Dunno what I like more - the game, or the bitch tears from people who suck at it but feel the need to whine endlessly about how the game is bad instead of just admitting they suck and playing something else.
>>
>>335779392
no it isn't bad at all I agree.
>>
>>335779461
The steambabbies are the worst for this game, they just keep whining about wanting an easy mode.
>>
very luck based, if you get OP weapons such as fightsaber you can breather through gungeon to forge without any problem, while half other times you get shit AND health when you don't need it
>>
File: 1310408064982.jpg (10 KB, 441x408) Image search: [Google]
1310408064982.jpg
10 KB, 441x408
>neo /v/ cries and makes excuses about sucking at games.
>>
>>335779664
>neo /v/ likes shit games
>>
>>335779664
Gungeon gives the player so many tools for good players, too.
Most of the guns are well designed too, if you really wanted to break it down. Early on there's just more regular weapons mixed in.
>>
>>335777492
>roguelike
ETG is most decidedly NOT a roguelike
it simply does not offer you near the amount of liberty for it to even begin qualifying as a roguelike

you are forced to fight your way out of every encounter, you are forced to pick up or lose all but a few items, you can't save up facilities on a level because you can't return to them, every single item has one or two dedicated usage features and zero use otherwise etc etc.
>>
File: Shotgun_cane_pimpan.jpg (46 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
Shotgun_cane_pimpan.jpg
46 KB, 512x384
>>335776703
>I've actually never played at all, once I saw a video on youtube though.
Most D rank weapons are Better Starting Guns.
Some, like the Snowball Launcher is OP as shit and actually good.

Technically, having guns be better against non bosses, and having some good against bosses is sorta good design element.

Another off putting element is that there is no real resource management in Gungeon. Either you get hit, and bleed out, or you don't get hit.

>>335777441
The reality: Perfecting floor is a exponential source of HP.
Getting stuff like Cigarette and health dropping on Floor 1 is a godsend.
All upgrades that directly upgrade damage(I.E Hot Lead) is worth more than all the shit guns with the same rank.
>>
>>335774292
It's on my wishlist.
When it goes on sale I'll probably get it
>>
>>335780203
Now I wish there was a cane gun.
>>
>>335780203
I'd say the resource management in Gungeon revolves mostly around ammo, and keys + blanks to a lesser extent.
>>
File: gunknuckle_mark_paris.jpg (15 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
gunknuckle_mark_paris.jpg
15 KB, 400x266
>>335779757
You can roll in 8 directions on Keyboard.
Do you roll in more on Gamepad? If yes, is playing on Keyboard literally gimping yourself?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
>>
>>335780617
Keys only start being a resource if:
1. They start dropping
2. There is enough chests to have to choose
3. You actually get past the starting point of the run
4. Shop stocks items you need. 90% chance they will not stock the resource you need
Nevermind the fact you need to unlock the Key merchant.
>>
i cant beat the hollow, got close once with the wall boss but that boss is a bunch of bs. i saw the pillar fuckers once too but i only had 1 heatlh so i cant say how they are. i've been to the wall fucker 5 times already and once with 5 full hearts. fuck that wall.
>>
>>335780789
and that's sort of a problem, if keys fail to appear runs tend to be tedious and boring because of just how little items you get
>>
Looks like Nuclear Throne
>>
>>335780789
Right, so they're a resource for me. Last run I paid 3 keys to key merchant for an AKEY. Good shit right there.
>>
>>335780887
if you havent found a key one or more will always appear at the shop. you will always be able to open at least one chest on a level unless you play like a retard
>>
>>335780868
Tip: When he vomits fire down the middle and shoots out walls of bullets, you don't have to go through the fire. You can just barely make it through the bullet-wall with a roll.
>>
>>335774292

This game is really boring to play. I picked it up because Super Bunnyhop gushed about it, but it's all just "plink, plink, wander around, then plink some more." It's so much less satisfying that Isaac or Nuclear Throne or -- pretty much anything I've played in a long time. Seriously disappointed.
>>
>>335781012
had a situation where the first floor didn't stock keys and every subsequent floor I got to had the merchant behind a locked door

sure that's getting fucked by RNG hard but still kinda stings
>>
>>335781012
>if you havent found a key one or more will always appear at the shop.
If you started the floor with a key, the shop might not stock a key. There is also a chance enemies simply refuse to drop scrap.
So your best bet is to start floors with 0 keys, to force the shop to stock em. BUT that also means you need to find the shop before a key spawns.
Worst case scenario: No keys per floor, and you don't spend your last key.
>>
>>335777695
if there's one thing Im not enjoying about this game, it's fucking items

>dis gun
>is like your primary gun
>EXCEPT
>it has more knockback
woooooooooooooooooooooow

It's no Binding of isaac, i'll tell you that much
>>
File: Mecha_doragun.jpg (30 KB, 331x499) Image search: [Google]
Mecha_doragun.jpg
30 KB, 331x499
>>335777695
>Klobb
>>
>>335781151
locked door merchant is really the worst way to get fucked by rng
but when it happend to me it made for a pretty interesting run trying to beat floor 5 with the pilots starting pistol
>>
Serious talk for a second, which character is the most realistic?
>>
>>335781260
>This tear is like your normal tear except it has knockback.
>>
>>335781151
>>335781154
Old patch or something? This simply isn't true any longer. The shop always has a key unless you pick one up on the current floor.
>>
>>335781697
locked door merchant still happens and its beyond infuriating
>>
File: idpd gabdain.png (30 KB, 852x678) Image search: [Google]
idpd gabdain.png
30 KB, 852x678
Nuclear Throne is more fun for me. I hate the pace of Gungeon and all the fucking backtracking you have to do.
>>
>>335781596
>this better tear replaces your tears and you don't have to go back to your shitty tears when you run out of ammo for your better tears
fuck off
>>
http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?p=5659943#5659943

>Always Spawn Chests

have fun playing the game like it should've been played
>>
File: Great_dragon_eats_sad_man.png (821 KB, 707x1000) Image search: [Google]
Great_dragon_eats_sad_man.png
821 KB, 707x1000
>>335781596
>Something like Makarov, Machine Pistol or Klobb drops
>You could have gotten the Lich Finger, Cigarettes or any good D rank pick up instead
>>
>>335782786
>Cigarettes
What does that even do besides kill you?
>>
>>335782854
Each use grants +1% chance of rooms dropping items.
Each use also reduces reload time, up to 50%. In 1.0 there was no cap on how much reload could be reduced.
They are insanely good if you get them on floor 1 or 2, because you are almost guaranteed 4-5 uses from too much health.
>>
This thread made me wanna play this game again. I regret it though
>get to 4th floor boss
>No keys for 3 floors, no weapons only health items
>Use primary gun for a billion years
>eventually get bored and just let myself die
I rather have 1 heart and a gun that does damage than fucking 6 hearts and 4 armor without any good weapons
>>
File: Lazgun_patterns.jpg (159 KB, 1150x640) Image search: [Google]
Lazgun_patterns.jpg
159 KB, 1150x640
>>335779757
>Gungeon gives the player so many tools for good players, too.
The flipside is that you need to be good to get those tools.
I.E if you never get hit, you might get a item per 12 rooms on average.
If you get Cigarettes, and smoke twice, you might get a item per 5 rooms.

If you never get hit, you get to buy keys/armor.
If you have actually unlocked stuff, Shop might sell things that are not shit.
>>
>>335774292
Online co-op when?
>>
>>335784846
Never, which is for the best since the tiniest bit of lag would make the game unplayable.
>>
>>335784846
There's some insane workaround to play it online on Steam Community Guides.
>>
File: PANTY_AND_STOCKING_decent.jpg (547 KB, 1000x664) Image search: [Google]
PANTY_AND_STOCKING_decent.jpg
547 KB, 1000x664
>>335784846
Welcome to feature hell
Enjoy your eternal stay
>>
>>335786020
>3DPD sluts
>>
>>335775221

do you fags really not realize the point of the specific items the elevator guy asks you for?

its basically just a check to see if you've actually mastered the floors you're trying to skip

he asks you for the mastery chambers to prove you've mastered the bosses
he asks you for money and keys to prove you can actually make it to that floor without getting carried by some item you just bought or got lucky with in a chest
same thing with blanks and armor and whatever else

it makes sense but like most complaints about games like this people just don't want to accept that they're simply bad
>>
>>335785974
Can you link it ? Am interested in reading insane stuff.
>>
>>335786997
>not wanting to fight bosses with ridiculous health pools using nothing but a pea shooter while dodging for your life means you're bad
sure i can do it, but it's just not fun. if i wanted an agonizingly slow rng-based resource management simulator i'd play tboi
>>
>>335788348

wow if you think the bosses in this game have "ridiculous health pools" you must not have played many games

none of the bosses in this game should take you even 5 minutes to beat
I mean the average successful run to chamber 5 is like ~40 minutes and clearing the floors naturally takes much longer than beating the boss so you can do the math

you must just have a low attention span if you can't even handle that much
>>
>>335786997
except sometimes even if you don't spend any money at all, you won't get enough to unlock a shortcut.
>>
>>335792296

then you just have to do it more than once

succeeding at something difficult 1 time is nothing but a fluke

consistency is the sign of true mastery

or do you think Michael Jordan became an NBA star by shooting a single basket?
>>
>>335786075
Well they are cosplaying as 2DPD sluts.
>>
>>335777695

This, and enemy hp scaling. It's so ugly and a clumsy way to add difficulty, and also exacerbates shitty guns. Just spawn more waves of more diverse enemies, fuck.
>>
>>335792747
Here is the problem:
1. By doing well, you get more drops, more scrap and more health
This is a positive feedback mechanism. Theoretically you will get a drop per room each 10-15 rooms, if you never get hit

2. Enemies are repeated for later levels, but with more HP. Instead of a palette swap with some AI changes

3. To build the floor 2 elevator, you realistically need to get Cursed on floor 1. And get 2 keys to drop.
You need to know that you need to get cursed to realistically get 165 scrap.
>>
Was there any new content since release? I picked it up day 1 and got tired several hours later of same shit. I mean I know how these games usually go, but still.
>>
My younger brother is having tons of fun with this game and doesn't even get too salty about it.
Which is especially weird because he's salt incarnate when he plays most videogames and doesn't do well.
>>
>>335796385

every character starts with 1 key don't they?

anyway the floor 2 elevator isn't even hard to get

I got it on like my second or third try without doing anything special at all

if you're really having that much trouble you can just go to the secret floor for even more guaranteed money which will for sure take you to the amount you need assuming you don't buy anything
you have to spend two keys to get there but it also gives you an extra floor with the same or likely better chance (because there will be more rooms total) you have to get keys on floor 1 and 2
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-28+at+05.12.50).jpg (33 KB, 549x194) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-28+at+05.12.50).jpg
33 KB, 549x194
>>335775221
>It's even more RNG dependent than Isaac and has a very slow start at every new run
That's fucking wrong though, gungeon is a lot more skill-based than isaac is. Isaac is literally rng: the game where you can be stuck shooting basic tears for 20 minutes.
Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.