[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is there any other series that has consistently improved it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: mgsvtpp.jpg (30 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
mgsvtpp.jpg
30 KB, 450x450
is there any other series that has consistently improved it's core gameplay with each entry?
>>
>>335773921
I wanted to say Souls, but then I remembered Dark Souls 2 exists.
>>
Pic unrelated lmao
>>
>>335774010
i don't know why i'm angry OP used the xbone pic

it's not even a viable system
>>
>>335773964
But Dark Souls 2 did refine the core of Souls gameplay. It got shit on for its bad lore, okay music, and weird map placement (volcano on top of a windmill, etc.) Dark Souls 2 was basically the MGS2 of the Souls series. It actually refined the series core gameplay, but remains a black sheep for everything else it failed on.
>>
>>335774056
Probably just plain old autism.

It's a perfectly viable system. The only people who say otherwise are retarded fanboys butthurt that it has by far the best exclusives of the 3 consoles this gen.
>>
>>335774117
MGS2 is literally has the best story and one of the better sountracks tough

The only thing 3 and 4 do better are bossfights
>>
>>335774010
Huh? The gameplay never improved?
>>
>>335774237
If that's the case, then why are 3 and 4 so highly regarded while most people skip over talking about MGS2? Not saying that public opinion = fact, and I agree MGS2 refined MGS1's gameplay, but it lacks a lot of stuff that even MGS1 had, like diverse environments to explore.
>>
>>335774187
name literally one

i have one and i'm butthurt that i haven't trashed it yet
>>
>>335774406
The controls did, kinda

Gameplaywise its literally worse than 4, It should have bene more minimalist like GZ
>>
>>335774446
Because most "fans" started with 3
>>
>>335774581
Perhaps, but even then, from my understanding most people have it as the following between the first four:
>MG3
>MGS1 or MGS4
>MGS2

I mean, I'm someone who completely missed the MGS series growing up and only recently started playing them. Beat 1-3 and something about 2 definitely feels different, and not in the best way.
>>
>>335774490
Halo 5: Guardians
>>
File: i_will_agree_to_disagree.png (213 KB, 480x368) Image search: [Google]
i_will_agree_to_disagree.png
213 KB, 480x368
>>335774859
OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH boy, nah.
>>
>>335774807
I enjoyed 2 more than 3 because of its simple and direct gameplay, and the story had some pretty interestig themes.

3 wasted your time with things like camo and survival and its only real highlight is the bosses and Ocelot. The main plot itself is really forced tragedy.

All in all MGS4 couldve been good but it was too rushed as a game and its story suffered from trying to incorporate all the bullshit from 3/PO.
>>
>>335775065
>implying you didn't already have that entire reply ready to post and it didn't even matter what I said in response

You people are the worst.
>>
>>335774237
>MGS2 is literally has the best story and one of the better sountracks tough

No, although I like MGS2 a lot and I think it's got a better and more interesting story than MGS3, I think MGS1 still has the overall best story because it's a simpler one relatively speaking, and has a tone that's just unmatched by the rest of the games.

And I really will disagree with you on the soundtrack, it's not bad, but those jazz undertones and general more upbeat sound bothered me, especially jumping from MGS1 to 2.
>>
Who has the best crack/repack whatever for this torrent-wise
>>
>>335775283
I can defintiely agree that MGS1 is by far the one with the best everythig, even 2 story falls short in places. ( only bad thing about 1s story is Liquids motivation, its so cartoony compared to all the others)

But its soundtrack is just Ace, 3 had memorable trakcs too but not that many
>>
>>335775159
I would've allowed Scalebound or Cuphead

Even Call of Duty abandoned xbox. I like Phil and he's done a "job," but fuck me the console/exclusives suck ass. Quantum Break was garbage, Sunset Overdrive was overrated, Halo of Duty 5 was ass, and nobody fucking cares about driving games
>>
File: 1461406019462.jpg (60 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1461406019462.jpg
60 KB, 600x450
>>335775680
>I would've allowed Scalebound or Cuphead
Neither of those are out yet you fucking degenerate.

>Even Call of Duty abandoned xbox
The timed exclusivity deal Activision had with Microsoft expired and didn't get renewed.

>Quantum Break was garbage
Quantum Break is ok. Gameplay is just a third person cover shooter with some interesting mechanics but ultimately has nothing on Gears of War.

>Sunset Overdrive was overrated
You mustn't know what overrated means. It's a decently fun game but way too short for full price.

>Halo of Duty 5 was ass
You've obviously never played it.

>nobody fucking cares about driving games
Then why do they continue to sell?
>>
>>335775536
All of the Metal Gear games have a few memorable tracks, but MGS1 is the one that gets me the most across the board. It's got the most memorable tracks in terms of quality and quantity, and helps the game create a darker and more serious tone than the others.

And yeah, Liquid's motivations are the most 2 dimensional. Psycho Mantis follows behind him, but if you listen to more of the codecs and stuff you understand how he could get to that "I just want to kill as many as I could." hatred for humanity he's got because of his powers.
>>
>>335775536
MGS2's story is nonsense, the whole game is about themes and concepts - in which part it is a masterpiece. But... Story? Hm, nah.
>>
>>335775680
>Call of Duty abandoned xbox
More like why they were going to pay for a a game who still sell a lot even without DLC first?
In the 'Murica case it has sell more copies of Xbone version than PS4 since Ghosts.
>>
>>335775680
at least they got killer instinct fuck windows 10
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.