[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What weapon type do you main in Dark souls 3? Are you a casu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 31
File: 637388.jpg (498 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
637388.jpg
498 KB, 1920x1200
What weapon type do you main in Dark souls 3?
Are you a casual straight sword user or do you want to make the game ridiculously harder with whips?
Now is the time to cast your vote and decide this once for all.
http://www.strawpoll.me/7422806
This is all for the sake of shit an giggle
>>
>All of these fags who picked straight sword
Want to ruin the game much?
>>
>>335770197
>only 7 other greataxe bros
Fucking casuals, going toe to toe with THE CHAMP using a greataxe is the greatest thrill you can have in this game.
>>
>>335770414
I take that you use 100% miracles to clear the game?
>>
>>335770197

Why is reaper 'lol'-tier?

I'm having good PvP results with the Corvian Great Scythe.
>>
>>335770197
>no twinsword option
Jagged Bleed blades, bitches. Spin 2 fucking win.

I can't out-range straight swords and life is hard. But the Bleed game is ridiculous.
>>
>>335770197
>not using ultra greatsword exclusively
What are you some kind of faggot?
>>
>>335770197
I've been using Longsword since DeS and I'm not about to change that.
>>
File: medi.jpg (155 KB, 710x708) Image search: [Google]
medi.jpg
155 KB, 710x708
Only on my first playthrough but im a straight sword user. Starting out my run as a roleplay of Daniel Fortesque so I chose the Dark Sword because it looked the most like the starting sword in Medievil when it comes to width.

Needless to say I have not kept up with this and instead just play as a crusader looking person with a Dark Sword

I have taken a fancy to the Profaned Great Sword though.
>>
What's everyone's problem with straight swords?
>>
>>335772394
Hey dude thats what I named my first character.
>>
File: derp.jpg (66 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
derp.jpg
66 KB, 700x500
I've used straight swords since Demon's and I ain't changing now to suit some whiny, Bernie-voting, liberal, limpwristed anime sword swinging faggot.
>>
File: Alleyezonme.jpg (43 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Alleyezonme.jpg
43 KB, 300x300
>halberd of gundyr
harmony harmony oh love
>>
>>335770197
I use the wolf greatsword now because it has huge ass reach and a great moveset
>>
File: character.jpg (34 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
character.jpg
34 KB, 1024x576
>>335772682
Fuck yeah dude

For my second run I think im going to name it Richard Lionheart and wear Wolnirs Crown at all times once I get the chance to buy it. Make it a dex build with the Dragonslayer spear maybe
>>
So how does weapon memory work? Can I just throw away my upgraded weapon after getting the red-eye orb or do I have to bear with it and do shit damage until I can start invading/
>>
>Use large club
>Have it at +9 heavy, 480~ damage with 45 strength
>Upgrade a greataxe to +5 on a whim
>410 damage, not even heavy
I feel a little salty. I could have been 2 hitting people instead of 3. Also, I'm at Lothric and it feels like the only thing I can do is trade blows with him rather. Feels bad man. I don't want to be a straight sword shitter, but I can see why they'd do it.
>>
>>335772469
just fags who think they're better than everybody because they gimp themselves with slow ass ultra greatswords
>>
>>335773151
If you're still using the club use jump attacks they're safer to dodge out of and with the games hitboxes his sword swings will go over you.
>>
>>335772394
Just admit you looked up a guide and wanted to use an op weapon
>>
Tell me about your weapon progression anons. I went broadsword, Lothric Knight Spear, Exiled Greatsword and then finally settled into BKGA once I found a knight to farm it off of.
>>
>>335773440
Long Sword>Dark Sword>Great Axe because I found out dank sword was a meme weapon and constantly get shat on for using it.
>>
>>335773329
I'll try that out. Rolling R1 doesn't seem as reliable as it used to be. I'll go all flying Hawaiian instead.

>>335773440
Battle axe -> Large club. My weaponfu from DS1. My eyes are straying though. Some of those duel weapons seem really fucking cool, and I have the rings to make them work with almost no dex investment.
>>
>>335773195
Say that when I use hyper armor to buttfuck you into the ground with my Fume UGS.

Kidding, in all seriousness the ones who whine that they're getting buttblasted by straight swords are the ones who cant parry or change their strategy/weapon up in a fight. "I didnt one hit smash you for an easy win waahhh."
Pathetic.
>>
File: havels_greatshield.png (31 KB, 189x286) Image search: [Google]
havels_greatshield.png
31 KB, 189x286
This shit needs to be nerfed into oblivion fucking stat. Sick of faggots summoning me for duels or invading just two handing it and smashing. There is litterary no fucking counter, if they are blocking, they're immortal. Meanwhile they can fucking ATTACK AND BLOCK AT THE SAME TIME AND CHIP YOUR HEALTH DOWN DURING A FUCKING MATCH THAT SHOULD HAVE ENDED TEN MINUTES AGO

It's not fun, it's not even viable. It's obvious that from didn't fully balance it. I'd say it's so OP that it borders on an exploit/hack.
>>
>Repear(lol)
>(lol)
What the fuck is that supposed to mean you little shit?
>b-b-but it's not as good as muh meta durrr
Fuck you.
>>
>>335773697
why don't you kick, use the ring that increases stamina damage, use a weapon that has a guard block, parry the shield bash, back stab
>>
>>335773610
I'm more salty about no poise so I get staggered after 1-2 quick blows, their HUGE range and how it seems like stat scaling is fucked. It'll get fixed in time, but it feels bad going for the riposte 1hko's or trading your own R1's because they never had to do anything other than mash a single button. I'm always impressed when someone knows how to use a straightsword and pokes me to death.
>>
>>335773440
Baiting people into the heavy attacks with the BKGA is fun times. Also launching them into the air with the Lothric Prince UGS is hilarious too.
>>
>>335773697
You can thank the fags on youtube for popularizing that. Thank fuck I havent seen it yet.
>>
>>335773790
Like I said its all in how you play it. If you've got one chasing you then do your running attack but pivot 180 and smack them with it. Works about 80% of the time. Abuse your charge R2 as well, scrubs will either rush in and you can let fly early or they'll time it wrong and get blasted by the full charge.
>>
>>335773764

It's fucking immune to kick and guard breaks from what i've seen. Last nigger I fought I tried kicking with the ring. He tanked four kicks and mid rolled away. I thought I had him at low stam so I moved in and NOPE, he was already able to tank another combo.

That's what really gets me, I used the shield breaker art on a Greatshield of Glory and it broke his turtle easy. Not on Havel's though. It literally has no effect at all.
>>
i use the broadsword because this games combat is almost at the same pace as bloodborne and all i used in bloodborne was the stake driver. if poise wasn't broken i'd be using my trusty black knight sword but since you get staggered in one hit from a dog in the first area the attack animation stops.
>>
>>335774139
>It's fucking immune to kick and guard breaks from what i've seen
they probably max out vit and end to get their stamina as high as they can and stability too.

they aren't exactly immune, just it'll take multiple successive hits
>>
>>335774086
My personal favorite is when you bait with a locked on R1, they roll towards and behind you and you unlock and pivot your second attack. You always get to him them twice and all you ate was a rolling attack at most.
>>
>>335773148
the latter
>>
>>335774241
with that, high damage hits will cause lots of stamina damage

make sure you use that ring that increases stamina dam,age
>>
>>335774139
Havels does need a patch. No reason they should be able to slam jam with no repercussions. One kick should ALWAYS knock a shield back, especially with the kick ring.
>>
>>335774243
Great way to parry bait too. From what ive seen a buckler type shield will parry from all angles, as long as its not a backstab.
>>
>>335774241
>>335774139
>>335773764
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQOUNx387aM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n09xmhsvIuU
>>
I might use a whip just for the dancer.
>>
File: 2782262-guts_100_soldiers.png (850 KB, 823x960) Image search: [Google]
2782262-guts_100_soldiers.png
850 KB, 823x960
Who /greatsword/ here?
>>
>>335774550
god damn the stability on that thing is too fucking high
>>
>>335774954
I had someone try that on me, except it was a fucking gank squad too. 3 dudes and one is trying to great wall me. The shit you see as an aldritch bro sometimes.
>>
I'm loving the executioner greatsword right now.
>>
>>335774954
what happens if you put strong magic shield on it?
>>
>>335774697
gattsu mode everyday senpai
>>
File: 20160426185239_1.jpg (338 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160426185239_1.jpg
338 KB, 1920x1080
What if I'm a Zweihander user?
>>
Been using the Estoc+Sorcery since DkS1, but I'm starting a new character and thinking of going Spears+Lightning+Lightningspear. How's it?
>>
>>335775584
>Spears
Good
>Lightning
Okayish
>Lightning spear
Only good at point blank, so not good.
>>
I need to reach rank two with sunbros, grapes, and dorkmoons, should I stay at level 88 and use prisoner's chain or go to 108 for the most pvp action?
>>
Guys, how do I get to the feet of the sleeping giant in irithyll dungeon? I can't find a way there.
>>
>>335772104
b-bro, i second this
>>
>>335775761

What're some good spears hommie?
>>
File: 1428428451479.png (242 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
1428428451479.png
242 KB, 500x332
Raise your hand if you use anything with Warcry and love the thrill of watching people shit their pants when you catch them off guard with the modified R2
>>
>>335775904
Dragonslayer Swordspear

Lothric Knight Long Spear is also not bad at all I think.
>>
>>335770197

>people shitting on straight swords all of a sudden

sure is reddit
>>
>>335776134

I really loved the lothric knight long spear but the running attack is so bad and often gets me killed.
>>
>>335775761
Well that sucks. I'll still probably go faith and offhand a Pontiff Great Scythe, though, but maybe not invest in miracles as much.
>>
>>335776213

>all of a sudden

Have you been absent from 4chan for the past two weeks? They've been hated for ages now...
>>
>>335774697
If I'm in a STR build I always say I'll do something different and unique and always end up going back to my true love
>>
>>335776323
Faith right now is generally not too useful.

Spears aren't bad at all though.
And if you want lightning then try the Dragonslayer Swordspear.
>>
Estoc/rapier lover here
I'm so happy with DS3
>>
File: Dark Souls come at me.gif (3 MB, 275x275) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls come at me.gif
3 MB, 275x275
-1st play: Straight Sword + Board Knight w/ Whip/Scythe

-2nd play: wanted to try Moonlight Greatsword early run/Magic run, might change to spears/glaive
>>
>>335770967
Who is the champ?

Greataxes have been shit in souls, especially DS2. Are they better this time around?>>335775981
Never even knew about this until I fought Creighton the Wanderer and he almost shoved his dragonslayer axe in my cunt. I thought it was unique to the DS axe until I realized you can do it with Pyro's hand axe too. Fucking awesome
>>
>>335774697
Is there only the normal UGS that looks like Gutts sword or are there any cool special UGS that rock the same look but with better stats or scaling?

I did my first run with a heavy dark sword like a true scrub, hitting for 1,2k on the third attack with a 1 handed sword is pretty neat.
dragonslayer greataxe for ng+ that thing is awesome the weapons art fucked up about 12 invaders so far.
>>
>>335776849
Greataxe is a short range powerhouse in Dark Souls 3.
>>
>>335776849
Great axe was actually really strong in demon souls.
>>
>>335770197
Wasn't on 4chan when the Nip release or English release came out so I played the whole game blind. I mained straight, great, and ultra greatswords. Also curved great swords once I got the wolf one. I usually would stick to the heavier weapons but I did use a straight sword for Nameless king, Soul of Cinder, and Gundyr V2. It really didn't seem overpowered in PVE. Wrecking niggas with an UGS was just as good as using a straight sword. Some bosses really required more stamina though and that's where lighter weapons do better.
>>
pretty much the basic straight swords. I was comparing the damage from a straightsword+10 and a zweihander+10 on the lothric knights near the twins.

The straightsword did 208 damage per single hand r1. The zweihander did 289 per single handed r1

Now here is where it gets crazy, you can do 2 hits with the zwei and almost empty your stamina bar but the enemy wont stagger like before after the second hit and will hit you during the third hit which you can hyper armor through.
But the straightsword you can simply spam, its so damn fast that the enemy gets stunlocked and just dies. Pretty much no stamina requirement, can hit three times as fast as the zwei and can stunlock. The damage per second is way higher than the zwei.

Dont get me started on the estoc. all of the fast weapons seem like they need a rather big nerf
>>
>>335776335

>only started in das3
>only because quality refined builds are good
>>
>>335776849
being able to one/two shot shit with the Great Axe is satisfying.

It's hard to get hits of course with the jumpy meta but when you actually land something they shit themselves. If you're lucky you'll have stunned them long enough to hit them twice which MAY kill them.

They're also pretty singular because most of the strikes I've seen on these kinds of weapons are verticle.
>>
>>335777125
This. The only way to balance this game is nerf straight swords and rapier-type swords.
>>
>>335773440
Heavy Axe and Heavy Dual Clubs. The axe is super useful utility and the clubz stunlock invaders
>>
>>335777157

Oh right, my apologies I hadn't considered that you were talking about two other games prior to this one.
>>
>>335773601

I did the whole large club thing throughout DS1 and 2. Really disappointed with how From STILL can't make a decent greathammer in DS3.

At least DS2 had the Gyrm Greathammer before they nerfed it. Loads of fun in tight spaces, hence the belltower covenant shenanigans.

My progression went something like this: Spiked Mace->Vordlt's Great Hammer -> Gargoyle Flame Hammer -> Morne's Great Hammer (very briefly) -> and then finally said fuck it and went with the Dragonslayer Greataxe because none of the great hammers are good enough.

To be fair, I was also doing a FTH/STR build. Which is why the Gargoyle Flame Hammer was actually pretty good. But the Dragonslayer Greataxe was better in almost every other way.
>>
>>335775874
I think you have to go from the Profane Capital bonfire and jump from the roof of the building with the npc through a building window
>>
>>335770197
Katana because I literally made my character with the intent of being a samurai ninja. But I started cosplaying an Abyss Watcher, Farron Greatsword included, becasue of how sexy it is. Will probably go back to Samurai ninja soon.
>>
Look, there is no reason for you to cheese through the game with straight sword/rapier
This guy finish the game with soulstream only.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpjYjV4DI2Q
It's a shit spell but he actually did it and it looks fun.
If you picked straight swords then you ruined your own experience.
>>
I still wish they would've added a blue flame item that you could equip to case cryromancy with. You could shoot icicles that deal physical damage and cause frost build up.
>>
>>335777421
Remember to always try out Warcry on anything that has it, it changes both the 1H and 2H R2's, Standing and rolling versions. It can still be used regardless of if you have any FP left (you just won't get the damage boost. The results might be surprising.
>>
>>335777568
Flame is symbolic in dark souls anon.
>>
>>335777568
That would probably require adding a shitload to the lore that wasn't even mentioned in previous games. Would still be cool though.
>>
>>335777547
>If you picked straight swords then you ruined your own experience.

if you picked the most basic weapon in the game then you ruined it.

No mate, from fucked up. they need to be fucking nerfed.
>>
>>335777547

Tell me about it, my first run was pyromancys and long sword (I didn't know it was so fucking good, I didn't try out any other weapons..) and now I feel completely dirty like I cheated.

The worst thing about it is that the experience has already been had so even if I go for a stupid as fuck impossible build I'd still be able to clear the game because I know what to expect.
>>
>>335777321

Holy fuck anon you're so cute.
>>
File: 1461799478895.jpg (69 KB, 340x372) Image search: [Google]
1461799478895.jpg
69 KB, 340x372
>>335777702
>>
>>335777568
>Frost is a new 'element' to work with
>only on a handful of Boreal weapons

"Cold" Pyromancies would be pretty neat to have as a heretical version pyromancies.

Since fire is supposed to provide heat, life and warmth, and 'cold' powers basically mean you're endothermic, I could see it as 'taking' the fire from others, which can be seen as something nobody wants.
>>
>>335777834

It'd make perfect sense too, pyromancey is the manipulation of fire, there's nothing in terms of logic that prohibits the ability to void the heat turning it cold.
>>
File: large.gif (288 KB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
large.gif
288 KB, 500x283
>>335777765

Kyaaaaaaaaaa~!
>>
File: soul_of_aldrich.png (26 KB, 254x239) Image search: [Google]
soul_of_aldrich.png
26 KB, 254x239
So who here is ready for more DEEP.

Reminder that the Deep =/ The Abyss

Abyss:
>a dark place that corrupts and twists those with humanity
>Characterized by black and white
>corrupts those into crazy ass abyss shits

Deep:
>The 'coming age' from which Aldrich sees
>characterized with dark blue and black as seen with related boss souls and "deep magic"
>basically water themed, those 'touched' by the deep look like bloated corpses

They wouldn't go out of their way to make a specific note of the "age of deep sea/water" because otherwise Aldrich would have just seen the age of Dark.
>>
>>335778476
Holy shit, you might be right.
>>
>>335770989
kek
>>
Great Hammer bros ww@?
>>
Beat the game with a Claymore exclusively.
Decided to switch it up for a curved greatsword for NG+, specifically Carthus curved greatsword.
Pretty damn fun with all the flips and shit.
I also have a dragonslayer great axe as backup.
>>
File: Grapist.jpg (169 KB, 1816x1518) Image search: [Google]
Grapist.jpg
169 KB, 1816x1518
>>335770197
Used a Dank Sword in NG because I fucking farmed those Darkwraiths in hopes that they would drop my swordfu and armor set that I so adore with all my heart.
Turns out it's a meme now and I'm a meta-humper for using it.

Anyway, thinking of a new weapon for NG+, leaning towards greataxe or mace, but Mourne's Hammer looks gorgeous, is it worth the faith dump?
>>
>>335778476

>frost is temperature based version of water.

THIS SHIT JUST CANT BE A COINCEDENCE.

Frost magic when, we already got the fucking weapons. Could be a neat alternative to dark, instead of using staff and chime you use pyro flame and chime.
>>
>>335778974
>No frost infusion in the game
Come on From.
>>
Is there any point to bump vit pass 40?
Is it as shit as vigor or it's still good enough to wear heavy armor?
I am making an OP character, not for PvP anyway so I'm not worried about being overleveled.
>>
File: 1439592204099.png (508 KB, 1024x742) Image search: [Google]
1439592204099.png
508 KB, 1024x742
>>335770197
I used the ithryll straight sword which I exchanged for kirks thornblade and then eventually the dark sword cus fuck you I like winning. I also mained executioners greatsword for bosses since strike tends to do more damage then slash on armored foes.
>>
>>335772104
My nigga
>>
Used a dark sword because I googled what's the best weapon in the game
>>
Straight swords all the way.
I'm doing a Black Swordsman cosplay and using Dark Sword as the Elucidator and the Lothric Knight Sword as the Dark Repulser
>>
>>335778894

It doesn't have faith scaling. Only the weapon art might have faith scaling.

It has all of the same weaknesses as the other greathammers, poor movesets and not quite enough reach. Warcry might help, but that's limited to the large/great club.

I still enjoyed my time with greathammers, but I ultimately settled on the Dragonslayer Greataxe for its silly weapon art and better faith scaling.
>>
>>335779039

Poise does nothing. Literally.

Unless From changes that in tonight's patch.
>>
File: 1461691430666.png (3 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1461691430666.png
3 MB, 1600x1200
>pick depraved
>kill uchigatana guy at the beginning
>use it until got to rosaria's fingers and switch build to strength and use the butcher knife
>still feel bad going the ez strength fag way instead of sticking with honurabu bushido
>>
>>335770197
I want to make a pure dex build for my 2nd run, are daggers any good or is there some other good scaling dex weapon out there?
>>
>>335778476
My nigga, ive been spouting this shhit and nobody ever replies. Its coming
>>
Haven't played the game yet. How are bows? Any different to previous games? Worth using as a secondary or is magic/pyro better for ranged?
>>
File: gotthard_twinswords[1].jpg (114 KB, 418x418) Image search: [Google]
gotthard_twinswords[1].jpg
114 KB, 418x418
>>335770414
Oh yeah.
>>
>>335779224
painting Guardian sword is s scaling in dex
>>
File: 20160427145505_3.jpg (289 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160427145505_3.jpg
289 KB, 1920x1080
>>335770197
>you a casual straight sword user

I don't see why I should gimp myself when there are far better options. The nameless king was a breeze. This is what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it. I DARE you.
>>
>>335779224
Im a dagger bro. The twinblade daggers are ass, but the thief dagger is amazing. The bleed proc does so much damage and youre insanely mobile with the art. I swap between that and a crossbow. Even in pvp i shit on people unless i get 2v1d in a straight up fight
>>
File: 20160427145518_1.jpg (191 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160427145518_1.jpg
191 KB, 1920x1080
>>335779281
>>
>>335773440
Estoc -> Carthus Curved Greatsword -> Drang Twinspears -> Gotthardt, rapier and Black Knight Glaive
>>
File: 20160423150114_1.jpg (435 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160423150114_1.jpg
435 KB, 1920x1080
Who /mace/ here? Clubs + hammers also welcome.
>>
>>335773440
Straightsword>artorias greatsword>nameless king curved sword>artorias greatsword

I enjoy dunking on niggas too much
>>
>>335779498
Mace was my waifu in Dark Souls 2 but it doesn't seem as good in 3
>>
>>335773440
Starting longsword, put fire on it, great mace, crystal great mace, zweihander with magic weapon, heavy great mace with magic weapon, moonlight greatsword.

I had to use a crystal rapier briefly in lothric castle though, because my attacks were too slow.
>>
>>335770197

I never played a dark souls game and just got the 3rd one for free

What weapon should I use?
>>
File: 20160424220327_1.jpg (448 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160424220327_1.jpg
448 KB, 1920x1080
First, I was like. Let's own this faggot.
>>
File: DONOVAN.jpg (13 KB, 110x123) Image search: [Google]
DONOVAN.jpg
13 KB, 110x123
I don't get why people cry about straightswords all the time

>try out longsword refined with 40/40 str/dex
>do OK
>switch to my trusty old zweihander
>completely and utterly stomp 90% of the players
>mfw obliterating spammers and scrubs with the stomp-golfswing
>>
I love the farron greatsword.
>>
I went halberd like I have in every DS game, but the literal second I tried long swords just to see what the fuss was about the game became such easy mode holy shit, they did more damage per hit than my halberd with twice the attack speed and half the upgrade cost and I wasn't even spec'd stat wise to use it, what the fuck from?
>>
File: 20160424222922_1.jpg (635 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160424222922_1.jpg
635 KB, 1920x1080
But then I went back to the dark sword.
>>
>>335779732
hyper armor abuse
>>
>>335779607
>dat magic infused mace, buffed with crystal magic weapon
>making those Alonne knights regret ever fucking with me

Aww yiss
>>
>>335779773

All the straight swords are Op. They do really good damage, hit fast and don't eat up FP.

Damage wise, it should be; two handed maces/swords/halberds/axes > single handed swords/maces/axes > Whips/fists

Yet a two handed straight sword does 10%-15% less damage than an equally buffed greatsword but swings faster and consumes less FP, so naturally you'll want that over the slower heavier thing with little gains.
>>
File: YOU FUCKED UP.jpg (43 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
YOU FUCKED UP.jpg
43 KB, 500x313
>>335779904
>hyper armor abuse
>abuse
what's next?
twinsword equipping abuse?
or perhaps using-weapon-arts-abuse?
heavy weapons without hyper armor will bring back the das2 tier usage of the weapons (only do rolling attacks and never even attack), which is boring as shit
>>
I use dark sword because it's strong
>>
My friend made a character on my PC and is playing every now and again.

He just got past the smelter demon with Onionbro and is not doing extremely terribly.

However, he is adamant on putting as many points as I'll let him into Luck.

Now I am aware that Luck builds exist, but know nothing about them. His current favorite weapon is the claymore, so would a hollow claymore luck build be viable to him?
>>
File: carthus_curved_sword.png (14 KB, 187x276) Image search: [Google]
carthus_curved_sword.png
14 KB, 187x276
I've been rocking this thing for 1 day and i've been doing nothing but slaying Hosts, blues, and sunfaggots with this all day.

>>335772820
Anytime someone uses that, I am always able to parry it. It's so predictable and pathetic.
>>
>>335780194
>twinsword equipping abuse?
Hey, don't shit on my twinswords. I have to catch someone twice to kill him, it takes a lot of skill.
>>
>>335779701
Estoc all day err' day.
Makes everyone mad in PVP
>>
>>335780384
You could've literally just asked.
>Is a Hollow Claymore luck build viable?

I'm not interested in your dumb friend.
>>
>>335780384
Luck build is the current route for all bosses% speedruns.
They use anri's sword though.
>>
>>335780473
Sorry anon, you're right.

Is a Hollow Claymore luck build viable?
>>
>>335780384
Just kill Anri for her sword. Or get literally any weapon with innate bleed, stock up on carthus rouge and make it hollow.
>>
>>335780525
Yeah I saw that they used Anri's sword and were doing crazy damage, I was thinking of telling him to use that, but he seems to really like the claymore and it seems silly to tell him to be a straight sword fag when he's enjoying one of my all time favorite weapons
>>
>>335780549
No.
>>
File: 1456443007618.jpg (654 KB, 2203x2937) Image search: [Google]
1456443007618.jpg
654 KB, 2203x2937
I'm using the base herald spear. I don't know why i'm diing this to myself, i just love spears and simple things
>>
>>335779356
Do you need luck when you are playing a dagger build? I heard that the bleed proc is based on luck
>>
>>335780595
Might as well just go for a hollow claymore build.
It might not be the greatest but it won't be too bbad.
>>
I'm using the Abyss Watcher greatsword/dagger cause the moveset is fun and versatile.

The bows and crossbows are much better this time but the ammunition limit kinda kills them as main weapon.
>>
>>335780845
The ammunition limits are fucking horrible.
>>
File: anzujaamu2.jpg (22 KB, 323x375) Image search: [Google]
anzujaamu2.jpg
22 KB, 323x375
>>335780406
using weapon arts isn't abuse either.

I was making fun of the whole "everything I don't like is abuse" meme

I like the twinswords
>>
File: 1461546710121.gif (4 MB, 490x476) Image search: [Google]
1461546710121.gif
4 MB, 490x476
I don't think I've ever used a bow in a souls game. Are they worth the trouble? I usually play some kind of ranger in other games.
>>
>>335781023
>tfw counter poke some rapier mage for 760
I sure hope the adjustment in the patch notes is a buff.
>>
>>335780979
The item limits overall are fucking dumb.
>Only 5 of each resin at a time
>Only 99 arrows/bolts of one type at a time
>Only 1 Divine Blessing at a time
>>
>>335779498
I really want to like great hammers, but it's pretty much a death sentence if any half-decent person invades you.
>>
>>335781127
What trouble?
They can be used to pull enemies one by one from a gangs.
Elemental arrows are also very good for some boss.
You can actually cheese through many boss with bows.

The aiming kinda suck though.
>>
>>335781127
Bows are for support mostly. You can kill enemies with it but it simply isn't fast at all and takes a long time.

If you want to do ranged combat and do fast attacks then check out the Avelyn.
>>
>>335780107
The worst part is with about 20 points in endurance a halberd swings almost 3 times if I don't want to roll, with a straight sword I can swing upwards of 20 times
>>
File: 1399949582457.gif (384 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
1399949582457.gif
384 KB, 350x263
>>335780401
My nigga. That thing is amazing. My first character rolled with that and the Astora Greatsword and I feel like they cover all the bases really well.

>>335781127
I started a bow run recently and while I don't know if you can just use bows only because of the speed and the dumb arrow limit, they're definitely usable as a primary weapon if you have the patience for it. That rolling shot with the short and composite bow is the shit. They're also solid in general for pulling things or softening up enemies from range.
>>
First playthrough was Mirrah.
Current playthrough is double scimitars.
Next playthrough will be Zweihander.
>>
>>335770197
UGS Master race.
>>
>>335771719
That is mostly due to other players being garbage. Low damage, slow attacks, no hyper armor to go along with said slow attacks, total dogshit weapon skill, along with a self bleed, making anyone else using bleed against you extra dangerous, on top of being unlikely to ever net you a bleed due to the aforementioned shit speed/lack of hyper armor.

All it's got going for it is range, which you'd pretty much be better off using a glaive or a halberd instead to match.

Also what kind of shit poll is this to not differentiate the dual weapons from the singular, Warden Twinblades are my jam.
>>
>>335781263
Which bow has the best skill?

I thought Pharis' would be useful but oh shit it's a useless as fuck 3 way shot
>>
Why is the soldering iron so fucking bad?
>>
>>335781127
>>335781212
>>335781223
>>335781263
>bows
>saw silver knight firing off fucking lance-sized arrows and hit so hard it makes a huge sound
>get the big dragon slayer bow
>bough 60K worth of lightning arrows
>tried to use it
>you're firing it as if it's a small arrow
I'M DEEPLY DISAPPOINTED
>>
>>335773440
Longsword, then Irythill Straight Sword with a Caestus in my left hand.

It's alright.
>>
>>335781412
Composite for rapid shot
>>
>>335775263
>he reads the shit translation
>>
>>335781428
>Dark souls 1
>heard that I can shoot an arrow into priscilla to make her easier to track
>Decide to use a great bow for some reason
>don't have the stats to really use it
>shoot a great arrow
>it smacks her in the face, she flinches and stops being invisible for the rest of the fight

honestly it was pretty funny
>>
>>335781412
All bow skills except rapid fire are slow as shit and don't do enough damage to make up for being slow as shit. Puncture is useful against PVE enemies like the gargoyles when they decide to turtle, but most enemies with shields just read your inputs and make it 100% useless.

Rapid fire does low damage but is so quick it at least has a point similar to throwing knives - quick damage, if a player is mashing roll they're gonna take a shot every now and again.

I did a bow-only playthrough and honestly just ended up using Composite and Pharis Bow, Pharis for sniping shit that didn't know I was there, Composite 90% of the time. Rolling/Running Shot lets you be constantly doing damage against bosses, even though it's not particularly high damage.

This also works on shitty players.
>>
What's the 3 coolest spears in DS3?
>>
>>335781412
None of them are particularly great. Triple shot is obviously useless. Rapid fire and puncture have inverse problems of rapid fire has piss damage which means you waste tons of arrows, while puncture is stronger per shot and ignores some shield block, but is slow as fuck so you do less damage overall. It'd probably be rapid shot though because the arrow spam is useful sometimes.
>>
>>335781656
Dragonslayer Spear, Dragonslayer Swordspear, and Dragonslayer ____Axe.

Also why the fuck does Greatlance hit so weak.
>>
>>335770197
>First playthrough
STR build with Heavy Greataxe. Great fun.

>Second playthrough
DEX build and ended up using Sharp Carthus Curved Greatsword because every other dex weapon sucked dick.

>Third playthrough
FTH and STR with Heavy Astora Greatsword. Kinda fun but does not feel viable in pvp.
>>
>>335770197
I'm a little sad that you can't duel weild whips
>>
>>335782092
I wish they hadnt gotten rid of power stances
>>
File: dragonslayer_greataxe.png (23 KB, 192x285) Image search: [Google]
dragonslayer_greataxe.png
23 KB, 192x285
Used to use Dark Sword, then I stopped being a faggot and decided to hammer the straight sword plague with this thing
>>
>>335782267
>Stopped using meme weapon for another meme weapon

ok
>>
i just used the broadsword
>>
This is my first ever playthrough of a souls game. Used an axe with a firegem for most of the game, now im using dank sword with fireballs in my other hand.
>>
>>335782467

also my build is a joke and i just randomly put points into everything
>>
>>335782267
it's funny how many bosses have trouble hitting you when you use any Greataxe's two-handed moveset, too many purely horizontal hits

I used this on the Twin Princess and the Soul of Cinder and it was whiff city
>>
Been using fire Uchigatana and Farron sword the whole game.

Also is the riposte in farron sword shit or it's me? I'm at Pontiff fight and I can parry him with the uchigatana, but almost never with farron sword.
>>
>>335782695
I think Uchigatana parry window is much bigger than Farron's.
Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.