[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/, On Newgame + with a Faith/Strenth build (currently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (23 KB, 191x151) Image search: [Google]
image.png
23 KB, 191x151
Hey /v/,

On Newgame + with a Faith/Strenth build (currently using the Dark Sword and Astora Long Sword which were both nerfed).

Considering taking a break from my main, and creating a new character.

What is the best build at the moment? What would you recommend?

Also, absolutely broken weapon combos to go with them (e.g. Absurb amounts of damage or dps).

General Dark Souls Build discussion as well I guess.

> Pic related
>>
What's the point of NG+ besides trying to get different endings?
>>
File: DaS3 Great Axe.png (619 KB, 701x544) Image search: [Google]
DaS3 Great Axe.png
619 KB, 701x544
Great Axes are far from broken but god damn is it fun to score a hit with them

I didn't really optimize my build though so what would be suggested
>>
>currently using the Dark Sword and Astora Long Sword which were both nerfed

gonna need a source on that one good buddy.
>>
>guys all the op weapons i was using dont work as good now
>what is op now guys
>>
>>335769973
Playing with the same character for longer I guess. Also there's +1 and +2 rings in NG+ and NG++.
>>
File: 1374439585047.gif (961 KB, 245x250) Image search: [Google]
1374439585047.gif
961 KB, 245x250
>>335769660
Can anyone explain the differences in catalysts and which ones are good for what types of characters?
>>
>>335770093
OP here.

It's in the latest patch notes (1.0.6 I think).
They referred to the nerf as only Short Swords, but these two fall under that catagory for them for some reason.

Their base damaged was nerfed hard.
>>
Strength build. Gundyr's Halberd. I'm still using a Heavy Dark Sword but the halberd is where it's at.
>>
>>335770470
Read the gem descriptions dude.

They're tell you what's up.

Also, probably Refined Gems with a DEX heavy build, or Heavy Gems with a STR focused build
>>
>>335770630
He said catalysts not infusions.
>>
>>335770606
OP here.

I'll have to give this a go.

I was considering doing a pure Smough build (his armour + hammer).
>>
>>335770519
The patch isn't even in the game yet (at least not for another 3 hours) and From is never that explicit in their patch notes.

Peddle your bullshit elsewhere.
>>
>>335770723
You can go on their website to read a more indepth version of the notes.

As for the 3 hours you gave, I take it you're playing on PC sub-race? The patch has already hit consoles.
>>
>>335769660
45 str with the smough's hammer. Wide hitting two handed r1. 1 shot idiot magic users with no hp 10% of the time. 2 shot regular idiots without enough hp 10% of the time. 3 shot everyone else 70% of the time.
>>
>>335770996
But it didn't.
>>
>>335771168
But it did.

Silly anon-kun.
>>
>>335770470
There's 4 basic types of catalysts.

Staffs, Chimes, Talismans and Flames.

Staffs for sorceries, Chimes and talismans for miracles and Flames for pyromancies.

the Crystal Chime can cast both sorceries and miracles, and the White Hair talisman can cast Miracles and Pyromancies.

Strictly speaking, Chimes and Talismans are functionally the same, except chimes get an HP regen skill and Talismans get super armor for miracles.

As for the differences between each specific catalyst, I can't really tell you everything since they aren't as clear as the previous games.

However I can tell you the Izalith Staff is for dark sorceries (scales to both Int/Fai). Court Sorcerer Staff has the highest scaling, and the Archdeacon's great staff scales with Faith instead, so you can cast sorceries with a Faith character.

Sunless Talisman and Caitha's chime also does the Int/Fai scaling for dark miracles. Yorshka's chime has S scaling.
>>
>>335771790
I never got the whole "This chime can cast sorceries" and vice versa.

Even though it scales them off faith if you dont have the int for the better spells requirements you're stuck using basic soul arrows. I'd rather just stick with the best scaling catalyst for each.
>>
>>335770024
great axes surprisingly good, despite some (most?) of them having overhead-only moveset
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.