[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MGSV Big Boss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
So what happened to Big Boss in the 90s if Solid Snake actually fought Venom Snake? How did his body actually get destroyed? I haven't finished the game yet, but I've known for a few months now who Venom Snake is.
>>
It didn't, he was in hiding all those years.
>>
>>335761231
So the Patriots never actually built him a new body like in MGS4? I'm a bit pissed with all this retconning. I feel like Kojima wrote the story to this game while angry and just wanted to fuck everything up.
>>
>>335760857
I believe solid snake burned venom with a lighter and aerosol can.
>>
>>335761367
What do you mean? Big Boss in 4 is still a frankenstein of Liquid and Solidus, and he still got BTFO by Snake in MG2
>>
>>335760857
Kojima explained that Venom was in Outer Heaven but OG Big Boss was in Zanzibar Land. Both got blown up, I guess.

I used to be so excited for this game.
>>
>>335760857
Near endgame you get the "truth" tapes, they further explain Skullface and Zero motives for the events of the game and it ties some plot points to the two sagas.

Then there's a timeline that places everything in chronological order when you finish the game.

But im not going to spoil them, cuz MGSV is a great experience and it deserves better than a spoiler.
>>
>>335761836
>>335761764
Thanks. That makes sense.

>>335761670
Ok. I never actually played the original Metal Gears--I've only played MGS1-5. I only had minimal knowledge about Zanzibar and everything, mostly from Grey Fox in MGS1. I feel like I've missed a lot with the PSP games, but I'm not going to buy one now just to learn some side details.
>>
>>335760857
Being a piece of shit
>>
>>335762121
You don't really miss anything by not playing MG/MG2 or PW. Venom dies in Outer Heaven in MG, Big Boss is defeated in Zanzibar in MG2 and he's taken by the Patriots. Ocelot and EVA rescue him and his body is restored with Liquid and Solidus parts, and that's how he's present at the end of 4.

>>335761836
>But im not going to spoil them, cuz MGSV is a great experience and it deserves better than a spoiler.
Anon don't lie like that.
>>
Big Boss gave Venom directions to find Outer Heaven while Big Boss went on to find Zanzibar Land.
>>
>>335760857
A better question is if Big Boss' plan hinged on Venom truly believing he was Big Boss to the point they use hypnosis along with a bunch of other shit then why in the fuck did he explain the truth to him?
>>
>>335762121
Actually it doesn't make sense because in MG2 Big Boss already has prosthetics/cybernetics. Kojima just fucked up, there is no real way to rationalize it.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.