[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HOW DO I GIT GUD AT THIS FUCKING GAME FUCK FUCK FUCK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: top_en.jpg (254 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
top_en.jpg
254 KB, 1500x1500
HOW DO I GIT GUD AT THIS FUCKING GAME FUCK FUCK FUCK
>>
>>335759330
fuck I'm not even going to reply to this post
>>
>>335759330
Who do you use?
>>
>>335759657
Captain falcon
>>
I cannot beat a lvl 9 cloud as ryu or little mac.

not op btw
>>
>>335759692
Learn to read opponents
>>
git gud lmao xDDD
>>
$5.99
>>
>>335759770
>little mac
That's your problem.
>>
Don't focus on learning specific tech and shit. Take your time and get extremely comfortable with c falcon. Don't give a shit about tech until you're already comfortable beating fags on fg. So many people start playing smash with their first goal being to get tech down but it throws them off and almost locks their playstyle to nothing. Get good, then learn tech, get good at applying tech (way harder than learning tech, especially in melee, trash 4 it should be no problem cause smash 4 is easy af). And learn your opponent. Don't expect the same playstyle to work on everyone
>>
>>335759692

If you're bad with Falcon it's because your fundamentals are garbage.
Your perfect shields are shit, your spacing is shit, you aren't reading your opponent, your mixups are non-existent or shit, etc.

You have to think when you play and watch how other people play to understand what you can be doing and what you should be doing.

Also, play people who are better than you and ask them what you did wrong in your matches and what you did well. Anyone who isn't an asshat will tell you where you fucked up and where you were difficult to fight.
>>
play it on your vita
>>
File: 1248056798204.jpg (13 KB, 273x357) Image search: [Google]
1248056798204.jpg
13 KB, 273x357
>>335763836
>trash 4 it should be no problem cause smash 4 is easy af

Is that why Hungrybox gets fucking bodied and M2K isn't a top-tier pro in Smash 4?
You'd think that 2 of the 5 Gods of Melee would be able to dominate such an "easy" game.
>>
>>335764767
They're good at melee. They don't waste time practicing shielding and rolling across the damn stage
>>
>>335764967
>They don't waste time practicing shielding and rolling across the damn stage

Really? So they don't win because they don't "waste their time" practicing the things that apparently make you win in Smash 4?
Are you being stupid on purpose? Like, is this some kind of meme?
>>
>>335764767
It's definetly an easier game but requires a different set/type of fundamentals, no tech skill is required either. Tech monkies will argue for stupid shit like PP and bidou but in the end no top players aside from Larry Lurr use anything consistantly and even Larry really only uses perfect pivotting
>>
>>335765285
>It's definetly an easier game but requires a different set/type of fundamentals, no tech skill is required either.

>no tech skill is required either.

The fuck is that supposed to even mean? The absence of L Canceling and Wave Dashing does not mean Smash 4 doesn't have tech.
PP, bidou shit, shield dropping off platforms, DI, SDI, jump canceling, etc. are all part of the Smash 4 tech.
There's maybe less tech, but that doesn't make the game any easier to master.
You're also talking about a game that's over a decade old and comparing it to a game that's only been played competitively for like 2 years? It took many years for all of the Melee tech to be discovered.
>>
>>335766042
PP, bidou, and shield dropping isnt required tech
And what the fuck do you even jump cancel in Smash 4 besides item throwing
also wavedashing was discovered in december of 2001
>>
>>335759330
Find a new HOO-HAA
>>
>>335759657
Bayonetta.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.