[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's so obvious right? Ni-oh is OnimushaXDarkSouls Do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 8
File: Ni-oh.jpg (37 KB, 508x477) Image search: [Google]
Ni-oh.jpg
37 KB, 508x477
It's so obvious right?
Ni-oh is
OnimushaXDarkSouls
Do you rike it?
>>
En Oh

No
>>
Liking it quite a lot more than Souls.
Then again I'm a weirdo who considers the Souls games Slow and had more than enough of my fill after DeS and DaS1.
>>
>>335758534
This demo is better than Souls 3 trash
>>
It's out already?

You guys travelling from the future or something?
>>
>>335758992
the demo has been out for a couple days
it's pretty great
>>
File: buttwhy..jpg (30 KB, 377x375) Image search: [Google]
buttwhy..jpg
30 KB, 377x375
>>335758750
B-but why anon?
it's hard it's fast paced
it's customizable
Lemme guess no waifu, right?
>>
>>335759074
Oh shit. Getting now then.

How does it compare to Bloodborne?
>>
Really hope the Ninja skill tree is expanded on. I want to do a full-on ninja playthough when the game comes out.
>>
>>335758981
And got more content than most of the new AAA games.
>>
>>335759209
>ally hope the Ninja skill tree is expanded on. I want to do

Me too
it feels to limited as of the moment
just placed the souls on lessening ki usage
>>
>>335758534
>XD
And people say /v/ isn't dead
>>
You get soo much garbage loot though, but then again you can offer them to get items.
>>
>>335759209
it's pretty obvious none of the skill trees are complete in the demo
>>
>>335758534
It's OnimushaXNinja Gaiden

>literally every game is souls

when will this meme end
>>
>>335759468
Remember how every platforming game was a Mario clone?

Same shit happened with Souls.
>>
>>335759468
Neither Oni nor Ninja Gaiden are dungeon crawlers with stat distribution.
>>
Anyone who's played the demo cannot deny it rips a ton of mechanics straight from Souls. Most notably the stat system, the souls themselves, and the bloodstains.

But it does everything Souls does, only better. Which much much better loot and combat.
>>
Is there ANYWAY to have more than 3 slots? I have all my spells and ninjitsus taking up everything that I don't have space . they need to fix this
>>
>>335760513
>stat system
Dark Souls didn't invented stats system.

>the souls themselves
Souls/Amrita is your generic RPG currency, the only similitude it's the chance to lost them if you died before retrieving them.

>Bloodstains
They don't even work in the same way.
>>
>>335761107
You earn Yen in that game as well, but what is it for?
>>
>>335760903
use the feedback form and tell them to fix it
>>
>>335761546
I imagine the full game will have merchants spread out like Souls does. But in the demo it only seems to be for praying to the Kodama at shrines for bonuses.
>>
>>335761546
For Kodama's blessings, you can pay to get more weapons, elixirs or armors to drop. Maybe there will be merchants.
>>
>>335759468
This game takes a lot of shit from Souls though. It's really obvious.
>>
File: nioh_wp_android_e.jpg (110 KB, 1440x1280) Image search: [Google]
nioh_wp_android_e.jpg
110 KB, 1440x1280
>beat both bosses so now I'm just helping people through the starting level
>these people don't pick up any drops
>90% of them use the axe exclusively in high stance
>none of them ki pulse
>none of them pick up whetstones, glue, or elixirs

These are the people complaining that the demo is way too difficult and are going to cause Team Ninja to change the difficulty. Let that sink in.
>>
>>335761985
>Fight Level 27 revenant
>He's in the Fisher outfit with a broken sword
>>
>>335761623
Is it in the game though?

I mean 3 slots for items, magic and ninjitsus is way too small.
>>
>>335761985
you're a good job annon helping other annons
wierdly enough I only use katanas and low stance. lol
>>
>>335761623
Where it's at annon?
link please
it's a good game I want to help make it better.
>>
>>335762889
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/form/nioh_us
>>
>>335761985
Pretty sure enemy drops are specific to you and not to the world. It makes sense seeing as I too have not seen them pick up anything at all.
>>
>>335762970
I'll just tell them to stop trying to copy dark souls and get rid of the stamina bar and item slots.
>>
>havent been interested in a new video game in many years
>this looks like something i would like to try out
>havent wanted to try a video game out in a decade+ now
>ill never get to play it

Oh well. Enjoy your games bros. Looks cool.
>>
>onimusha
>dark souls
>team ninja

could anything go wrong?
>>
>>335763419
Oh no! Now Nioh will be ruined!
>>
>>335758534
>Onimusha X Dark Souls
Why does everyone say this? Play it for 2 minutes and you realize that the appearance of it being like Onimusha is skin deep.
In terms of actual gameplay it's Dark souls X Ninja Gaiden
>>
>>335763501

>team ninja

Yes, something can go wrong. Horribly wrong.

It may or may not, but yes, it definitely can.
>>
How do I get summoned?
>>
>>335762970
Thanks!
>>
>>335763501
It is Team Ninja, so a lot.
But the game currently is pretty fucking solid for an "alpha" demo.
>>
File: 1405311746595.jpg (139 KB, 533x496) Image search: [Google]
1405311746595.jpg
139 KB, 533x496
I haven't even gotten to the first boss yet. Thos shit is harder than Souls. How do I git gud? Also, can someone explain what the attributes are and which are necessary? I suck at point distribution.
>>
File: sony cucks in denial.png (838 KB, 1177x695) Image search: [Google]
sony cucks in denial.png
838 KB, 1177x695
>>335758981
Dark Souls 3 > BB.
>>
>>335759087
fuk off viral marketer
>>
>>335758534
I like it.

Spears are dank as fuck.
>>
>>335766210
And

Nioh >>>> DaS3
Source: Played both
>>
>>335766070
You get samurai skill points, ninja skill points, and gay magic skill points as you level up. The samurai points can go wherever since you get a billion of them, but make sure to use the ninja points to unlock flame shuriken asap. They both hit like a truck and have a long damage over time condition that eats demons alive.

Look at your gear to get an idea of which stats you need. Body/Heart are required by almost everything with a mix of Strength/Skill depending on which weapons you like. I cleared both areas of the demo pretty easily without using magic or guardian spirit summons as crutches.

Learn to love the kick on monsters. When exhausted, every hit on an enemy makes them recoil, and it often feels better to get one slash and a kick off instead of a couple medium or heavy swings. The kick also lets you eat the first boss alive until the second phase where he spams netherworld circles that regenerate his stamina.

Fighting high level revenants also results in great gear upgrades early on. Check their gear for purples before summoning.
>>
>>335766210
>the pcucks majority of /v/ agreeing on hating sony

Blew my mind
>>
i have a feeling /v/ wouldn't be sucking this game's dick so hard if it was multiplat
>>
japanese version doesn't have decapitations :(
muh censorship
>>
>>335767424
put the tinfoil away
>>
>>335766910
If you wanna fuck up the oni/yoki real quick, get the flame talisman from magic.

>>335767469
Yeah, always been an instant Z rating (our AO) for having decapitations in Japan. In God Hand, the Head Slicer move was removed. And you can't knock off zombie heads in any RE or Dead Rising game.
>>
>>335761985
What is ki pulse? I never figured that out.
>>
>>335768104
When you press R1.
>>
>>335766210
>Ouya
>fanbase
How can something that doesn't exist be even in the running for worst?
>>
>>335768104
After doing a combo, your stamina bar will start to refill the red part with white. If you hit R1 during this, you'll reset your stance and instantly refill all the white stamina. Very very useful. Also pushes away the stamina draining yokai mist.
>>
>>335758534
More like OnimushaxNinjaGaiden with a few Souls like feelings to it.

Unlike Souls games its actually hard.
>>
>>335768371
There are some special skills that are activated with it. Like I believe the high stance spear has one that damages enemies around you when you time the ki burst properly.
>>
If you want fast souls game, its Bloodborne. This just onimusha if its capcom made it this year.
>>
>>335761985
>tfw I beat the demo with high stance axe

dont be hatin'

shit werks
>>
>>335761985
>ki pulse
what is that?
>>
>>335769080
I did the exact same thing. High stance axe only.
>>
New threads like cockwork, keep it up lads.
>finally made it to Nue after 2 fukkin' days of blood, sweat and carpal tunnel
>he's even harder than a g-rank monster from Monster Hunter
Anybody got any tips? I'm using low stance katana with light armor if that helps.
>>
>>335761985
>Start doing coop after beating both levels
>People do constant revenant fights
>Pretty much expect me to take care of them constantly

Like I get maybe doing a few but jesus one of these guys I got matched with was literally spawning every single on on the path for no reason.
>>
>>335769383
>Low stance

That's a stance that does the lowest damage for a bit faster attacks and a dodge that presses R1 for you. If you want to get a ton of damage on him, wait for him to do his lightning breath and then nail him in the face and then do your living weapon and just wail on him. Also when he does a howl looking animation stop what you're doing and just move, you don't have to sprint or dodge but just don't stand still or move any slower than your full pressed left stick.
>>
>Forget that summoning your guardian spirit is a mechanic
It is one of those "But I might need it later" things and then when I should use it, I forgot I have it.
>>
>>335758534
liking it more than DaS3
I'm getting the same rush as I did playing demon's souls for the first time. The game isnt as refined as a souls game, nor as tight with the controls, but I'm still enjoying it.
My biggest gripe with the game is the floaty movements. I wish they'd add just a little bit more of a deadzone in the movement controls.
>>
>>335758848
Did you try Bloodborne?
>>
>>335758534
It's ok. Has that Team Ninja feel all over it, which I've never liked. Camera is too fast, combat feels like nothing is connecting, just fast moves and blood spray.

I like the depth though. Lots of stats to mess with plus the kodamas or whatever to help grinding. Graphics are acceptable, load times are great.

I hope that wasn't the opening section though. I'm gonna need a slightly better way to start. Tutorial stuff is pure ass and even with it way too much goes unexplained entirely and not in a good way. I have no clue what a ki pulse is and there is no explanation of what changes when you go super saiyan. Skills are just a mess and I don't want to waste points on things only to find out I'll never use them. I was pretty far in before I figured out smart dodges refill stamina. This is basic shit, explain it.
>>
>>335759163
Its trying to be its own game, nothing like bloodborne tbqh. Imagine Way of the Samurai + Dark Souls
>>
>>335769778
No. Figured it was Souls 2.5 without the branding.
>>
>People use one stance/weapon all the time instead of swapping depending on what they're fighting
Seriously?
Spear is fucking amazing for positioning/fighting multiple enemies.
>>
Great fun, only problem I have is it always requires a connection.
>>
>>335769848
It's faster and not shield focused. I'd recommend it.

It rewards aggression.
>>
>>335769985
Really? I have shitty internet, so sometimes I'll get a "Connection was lost" error but it lets me keep playing.
>>
>>335769848
its pretty damn different at the end of the day, the way combat encourages you to rush in and attack rather than back away really changes the pace of battle especially in boss fights where they are far more relentless and aggressive, i think its got the best boss fights in the series for me since they usually have many surprises in way of their multiple forms and aggressive nature, orphan of kos in particular was probably the hardest time i had with a souls fight.
>>
>>335769985
yeah the internet thing pisses me off and i hope its only for the demo, my internet is ass and i frequently had moments where i lost connection mid combo (i noticed it only happened when fighting the first enemy after the first shrine) and had to wait for the connection to reconnect for me to fight again, thnakfully it does just boot you out and you pick up immediately where you left off mid animation.
>>
>>335770205
This, in souls attacks are more or less regulated to r1 or r2, you can be fancy with roll r1's but its uneccesary. In Nioh, a single area will force you to use all three stances and parrying is just the icing on the cake because it feels satisfying to execute and can be expanded upon with the skill tree
>>
Is Nue affected by the sloth Talisman?
>>
>>335770380
Eh, I'm not sure what's the difference between the 2 katana parries when both puts the guy's back towards me. The spear one gives you a followup ground stab and damage buff but the Axe has no parries but a bullcharge. Only the barehanded one is really good but there probably need to have some special parries before it's really good.
>>
>>335770380
I feel like Mid Stance is too strong with Katanas then if you're supposed to be using all of them, I don't have to use anything else even with High stance upgraded simply because it does more damage to use my place swap parry and hit from behind.
>>
>>335770495
Yes, haven't found some guy that's immune to it yet.
>>
>>335770506
>Only barehanded parries are good
You do know you do double damage when attacking their back right? It even works on the spear one which pretty much instant kills enemies.
>>
>>335770550
Have you fought the ninjas?
>>
>>335761985
Mid ability is worthless and the low stance command throw doesn't even fucking work 90% of the time and low attacks have shit range.

High stance axe all day every day
>>
>>335770661
Yes, and I just parried them and hit their back for huge damage.
>>
>>335770550
>>335770649
You can't swap or do any parries with Youkais though and I expect them to be every fucking where late game judging by the 2nd stage.

I also have no idea why there's 2 parries, unless 1 of them works on Yokai or some shit.
>>
>>335758534
If this is ACTUALLY a beta, and not a "yeah the game's done, this is just to drum up interest", then yes I think I'll fucking like it.

As it is I'm pretty lukewarm. It's okay at moment. Axe's moveset sucks, co-op balancing is broke, the Darksiders 2 gear loot system can suck my dick.

But all are addressable concerns.
>>
File: ChGxF36W4AAGaYu.jpg orig.jpg (222 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ChGxF36W4AAGaYu.jpg orig.jpg
222 KB, 1920x1080
im really digging the look of this game.

also, ill give the ps4 credit- if there's one thing it does extremely well, it's wet environments.
>>
>>335770815
>Axe's moveset sucks
nigga that shit's cash

what about it dont you like
>>
>>335770802
Youkais are super easy to dodge though, at least the ones we fought so far. So I just get to hit them in the back and dodge their attack patterns.
>>
so how exactly do you co-op? I know how to summon visitors, but how do I coop with other people?
>>
>>335770039
>Rewards aggression

Nah, best way to get through first boss is to block the broken hitboxes with mid stance. So much less Ki consumed than I thought
>>
>>335758534
The game is too hard, I played it for like 10 minutes then uninstalled, they need to make it playable for me to actually buy it.
>>
>>335770815
It's an alpha. Half the features are not in the game.

A quick list would be smithing/disassembling, leveling up guardian spirits, ninjitsu + Shrine magic, more skills, a 3rd currency, the shop and other playable character models.
>>
>Saw some fag streaming this Tuesday.
>constantly crying about how you get stuck after exceeding you Ki.
>never once tried to managed the way he was attacking.
>>
>>335770975
he was talking about bloodborne, brah
>>
>>335771029
But Ninjitsu is in the alpha anon. Fire shurikens op
>>
>>335771031
he deserves to be thrown under a bus
>>
>>335771019
where do you live?
>>
>>335771103
It's not done nearly as much compared to the weapon skills though, I suspect it would be similar to Magic while Japanese paper magic is the Faith path.
>>
>>335771123
America.
>>
>>335770885
Can't cancel out of mid-stance attacks.

Low stance is worthless, no range no damage.

High stance is fine, but can't cancel out of that either.

Half the moves, versatility of either spear of katana. And only just edges out the spear in terms of damage anyway, not worth giving up your ability to fucking move.

Will get you fucking wrecked on Nui.

>>335771029
The bulk of the gameplay is polished and they have quite a bit of content. Those are just vestigial features to the core gameplay, which is pretty damn polished.
>>
>>335761985
The average player nowadays doesn't even finish his games, much less if they're actually somewhat difficult, like Ni-Oh. I hate Achievements/Trophies as much as the next guy here but they're if you just look at the statistics.
>>
>>335758534
I think it is more Bushido Blade and Onimusha put together. I actually like it.
>>
Think I'm starting to get the hang of electrogre, it seems like he roars 4 times, and if you get hit it's bye-bye. He also has this one time roar he does if you get too close. I wish I had spent my younger days playing action games more, my old school rpg hands just can't keep up the way I want them to. It also kinda sucks spending 10 minutes grinding my living weapon meter back up just to be at my best when I fight him.

What level were you guys at when you beat him?
>>
>>335772645
I think I was around 40 when I killed him if the sword he drops is any indication, but that's because I pumped a shit ton of spirit to end up not even using Raiken, but Kato to kill him.
>>
>>335772645
you mean the nue?
lv 38, housemate was the same. just hug his right shoulder and spam either the katana's ki release or the axe's jumping flip thing, run around when you see the yellow particles indicating he's about to use call lightning, throw fire shuriken at his belly when he rears up to re-energize himself
>>
>>335768330
>>335768371
thanks
>>
>>335761985
PLEASE devs, let it be as hard as possible.

Don't let absolute retards ruin a potentially great game.
>>
I had some doubts about this game going in, since I haven't enjoyed anything Team Ninja has made since Oatmeal-san left. But goddamn, this demo just made me a believer again

The two bosses in this game were far more interesting than anything in Dark Souls 3 imo.

Day one buy.
>>
>>335758534
No. The combat is ass. It's clunky and makes zero sense that my character would turn and run away while locked on.
>>
Does the durability system seem pointless to anyone else? Especially when you constantly have 9 whetstones on you.
>>
>there is a very real chance we will never again get to play Nioh in the glorious form it's in now
I can't go back guys, I'm too attached. WHY CAN'T WE KEEP THE DEMO GODDAMN IT, I DON'T WANT THESE GOOD TIMES TO FADE
>>
so whats the camera difference between action mode and movie mode?
>>
>>335774220
Action will zoom in or pan when you do stuff like grabs or parries.

Classic doesn't.
>>
I beat the demo, am level 38 and I'm at the bonus level.

How can I help newcomers in this game? I want to take a break from dying from the lightning dog
>>
>>335759301
lol underrated post
>>
>>335759301
If I remember right, /v/ / 4chan's grammar/spelling only got decent when the rest of the internet turned to mush.

Before then it was emoticons and names out the asshole.

Contrarian to the core, huh?
>>
Goddamn, this game is ripping me in half. I thought I had an advantage as a veteran of the souls games, but nope. It feels like I'm playing new game+ with a fresh build. Weapons hardly do any damage and the stamina system is completely bonkers.
>>
>>335775845
>Weapons do hardly any damage
Spears and Axes will destroy opponents in a single combo from the start. Katanas, an extended combo if you Ki Pulse that shit.

>Stamina System
Hit R1 for a Ki Pulse, time it right, and otherwise don't let it run dry.

On a second playthrough, I wouldn't say it's actually all that difficult compared to the souls games. You just have to play by its rules.

First playthrough I ate shit, though. Don't use the axe.
>>
>>335774708
bump
>>
>>335774708
You can exit to the menu screen from the shrine.

However, doing so, you will lose all progress. Stack lightning resistance, agility be damned, and the dog will give you no trouble.

Once on the mission screen, hit x on a mission to go to an info screen and square from there to get into matchmaking.

WARNING
Co-Op is fairly fucking horrible in the alpha. Yoki/Bosses get like quad damage/octuple health and just destroy the host.
>>
>>335776052
I am using the spear though. I barely scratch their health bar with the first two hits, and then the enemy is knocked too far away for my weapon to hit, so if I keep a combo going I just stand there flailing in the air.

I tried using the Ki pulse, but most of the time the enemy is back on his feet and attacking me before I can react. I've died trying to use the Ki pulse way too many times.

I guess I just have to get used to it.
>>
>>335776720
Weird. Are you sure?

Check gear to make sure you've got the best shit on, level BODY to scale Spear damage.
>>
>>335776720
Ki pulse does take some getting used to. You'll actually be able to react faster than normal once you get it down.

You might just have a shitty spear. I got to the second stage and suddenly my spear went from wrecking shit to nicking the enemy.
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 500x333
>>335775797
Contrarian to the core?

Oh wow.
>>
>>335776806
>Check gear to make sure you've got the best shit on, level BODY to scale Spear damage.

I did. The menu is almost identical to souls, so understanding stats and equipment is pretty easy.

Otherwise it reminds me of how it was being a noob in DaS1. Oh well, I'm not giving up this easily. I'll get through the demo at least.

>>335776850
I just found a better spear. We'll see how it works.
>>
>>335758534
Is poise relevant in this game?
It has no backstab right?
>>
>>335778226
There is no backstab, but both you and the enemies take extra damage for getting hit in the back.

Iai quickdraw to the back oneshots or nearly oneshots most humans.
>>
>>335778226
There's no "poise", but enemies do have armour-frames for attacks.

No backstab, but there are groundstabs if you trip opponents up or executions if they run dry of stamina and you grapple them.
>>
>>335778226
I noticed with heavy armor your move is not interrupted even when taking damage, while with low armor it does.
Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.