[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are there barely any otome games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (125 KB, 500x417) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125 KB, 500x417
Why are there barely any otome games?
>>
please respond
>>
There are tons. Around 30% of all visual novels released in Japan in 2015 were otome, and another 15% otomege
>>
>>335758952
what % of that is in english
>>
>>335759120
If you are wondering why so few get translated, it's because girls in the US don't generally like them. My little sister also plays visual novels, but she mostly just chooses Key novels like Clannad or Angel Beats, and every now and then goes for things like Grisaia or Yume Miru Kusuri

Western women, especially modern ones, are far less inclined to read otome games, seemingly. I don't think any of them really find idealized drawings of men as hot as men find idealized drawings of women. They'd much rather just buy pic related.
>>
>>335759279
Compare that to this, one of the most famous otome games.

Most of the VN translation companies work towards their audiences. It's such a new industry that it pretty much exclusively panders to their known audience, rather than reaching out and trying to get homo-fags and girls on board.
>>
File: 1461276197295.jpg (42 KB, 493x656) Image search: [Google]
1461276197295.jpg
42 KB, 493x656
>>335757548
There's plenty on the vita and on steam. You just have to look around.
>>
>>335759279
oh ok thank you, I've been learning Japanese. I know basic vocabulary and can read all of あえいおう はわ symbols and know what they mean. It's just not fair, I don't like muscular guys I just like reading with pictures that are targeted at me. I liked Higurashi, I really liked Rika
>>
>>335759470
may you recommend me some if you've read any?
>>
>>335759546
If you'd be willing to prove to them that it's more than just a small niche market, you can try. I know that some translation companies, like JAST, do want to do otome every now and then, but the stream of visual novels is a never ending torrent, and they don't have the staff to translate 30+ games a year to cover all the good otome and eroge.
>>
>>335759789
Sure, Code;Realize and Norn 9.
Sweet Fuse too.
>>
File: 1337507201382.png (46 KB, 651x436) Image search: [Google]
1337507201382.png
46 KB, 651x436
>>335759789
Not that guy, but have this:
https://vndb.org/g542

You can sort by popularity and rating to find a lot of translated otome games.
>>
>>335759947
>>335760002
oh thank you, I don't usually come to this board because I'm from /lit/. thank you I'll remember /v/ is a nice board
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.