[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is zelda so popular? Link is a cardboard character and ganon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: QPUs.png (311 KB, 525x394) Image search: [Google]
QPUs.png
311 KB, 525x394
Why is zelda so popular? Link is a cardboard character and ganon is the "muh power for no reason" villain, the exploration is good but the timeline is a total mess
>>
dumb qpuposter
>>
>>335757340
why does anyone like anything anon?
>>
The older Zeldas didn't care about story. The gameplay was most important, and story and lore came after that.

Then Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword and, to an extent, Wind Waker decided that the games needed to be more "cinematic".

Kind of been on a downward spiral since.
>>
because they played lttp/oot when they were kids and keep chasing that dragon.

they'll never catch it though. your first hit is always the best.
>>
I'm not the OP and I have the same opinion.
I'm also not posting a qpu meme.

somebody explain to me why zelda is popular?
>>
>>335757340
BUT FIRST
>>
WE NEED
>>
>>335757756
OOT was one of the original games with ball bustingly long cutscenes, what the fuck are you on about
>>
Because it's the best game in its genre
>>
>>335757340

>Implying cardboard characters aren't literally the most famous in all known media.
>>
It's a meme, you're supposed to like Zelda or you don't have any gamer cred, that's why you get so many gurl gamers and normies who front and say Zelda is their FAVORITE SERIES OMG I'M GETTING A TRIFORCE TATTOO LOOK AT ME I LIKE GAMES
>>
>the exploration is good but the timeline is a total mess
It's a video game. The exploration is all that matters, and you have to be a genuine autist to let some convoluted and meaningless attempt to chain a series of solid games together stop you from enjoying them.
>>
>>335757923

OOT didn't do it as badly, and it seemed that the team intentionally wanted to limit it. IT's true that OOT was still guilty, but not to the extent that TP and Skyward Sword were.
>>
>>335757796
play parallel worlds. it's a romhack of LttP that will give you a nice fresh hit
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.