[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me up niggas, I need a free online FPS that's not dead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: Warface-gameplay-screenshot.jpg (999 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Warface-gameplay-screenshot.jpg
999 KB, 1920x1080
Help me up niggas, I need a free online FPS that's not dead or paywalled to shit.
>>
>>335747683
>free
Nothing is free, you imbecile
>>
>guys help me find a unicorn
>>
>>335747772
Roguelikes are free
>>
Mechwarrior
Planetside
>>
>>335747683
Team fortress 2
>>
I played some xonotic last night and found a server of like 8 people. Maybe not what you're looking for but it has no paywalls and it's open source.
Kinda dead most of the day though, and then European players show up pretty late.
>>
>>335747867
Roguelikes are in ASCII and have god-awful tilesets that sear your retinas.
>>
>>335747772
Dwarf Fortress is free
>>
>>335748035
there are non ASCII roguelikes like IVAN
>>
TF2
>>
>>335747683
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-VX38trjMk
>>
>free
TF2 is your only option.
>>
>>335747683
>ctrl + f Unreal tournament
>0 results
Are you fucking kidding me?
>>
>>335748265
I'm downloading it my man, just wanted to know more to have variety.
>>
>>335748476
Ah, cool.
Well you haven't many options either way. There's Tribes ascend that's kinda different and was just brought back from the grave but I don't think many people play it just yet.
>>
>>335748075
you clearly missed the part where it says
>have god-awful tilesets that sear your retinas.
which IVAN, CLIVAN, and the like do.
>>
>>335747683
blacklight retribution its not dead but it is running dry despite focused dev support
>>
Dirty Bomb is pretty decent if you liked/played Enemy Territory back in the day kind of grindy to unlock new characters though.
>>
Call of duty online
Its Chinese but once you get all the stuff together its amazing
>>
>>335747997
Looks pretty cool, you ever play Warsaw or Alien Arena? Seems a lot like those.

>>335749058
Played that one, shit's fun but the only guys left are skilled and geared as shit or completely new.

>>335749081
Gonna check it out, isn't it the one made by the Brink devs?
>>
>>335749279
Yeah they also made Enemy Territory no idea how many of them are still the same people but it was the same company.
>>
>>335747997
>>335749279
Nope, never gave them a shot. Do they have more active communities than xonotic? xonotic deserves a larger crowd, if you like that kind of game definitely try it
>>
>>335749547
They're as dead as a game can be. Damn shame, loved them back in the day.
Gonna download it right now.
>>
>>335749671
there's only three servers up, but join the dallas instagib if you end up trying it out in the next hour or so
>>
Play Dirty Bomb.
Pro Tip: Dont buy cases, you will get enough drops for it.
It will take a while to get enough money to buy a merc but it is great after that.
Also, Aura is the best way you can get EXP, literally just plant it and it dispenses EXP.
Lastly, play in the MAX lvl 5 server until you get bronze cards for Aura and Sky. Dont get pissed off, most of the players there are noobs but there is some good EXP there.
>>
>>335749385
>Enemy Territory
Not him, but where the fuck can I find this game? My brother and I used to play it and it like disappeared for some reason
>>
Either Dirty Bomb or Unreal Tournament 4's pre-alpha.
>>
Man, what ever happened to Nexuiz?

Is that still around?
>>
>>335747683
why does it have to be free? why would you want to play a free game you mad man
>>
>>335748808
>Tribes ascend
>but I don't think many people play it just yet

hownew.ru
>>
>>335752731
He said after being brought back from the dead which I haven't heard a thing about.
>>
File: 1460515576391.jpg (34 KB, 752x701) Image search: [Google]
1460515576391.jpg
34 KB, 752x701
>>335752731
READ NIGGA, READ!
>>
>>335747683
Dirty Bomb and UT4 is legit.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.