[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, who in here is unironically getting doom4? I'm getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 9
So, who in here is unironically getting doom4?

I'm getting it on PC, I've been dying to play a gorey shooter where u kill space demons in this generation
>>
>>335744076
ill pirate it and buy it if i like it
>>
>>335744327
Pretty much this, but I'm on the fence about buying it even if I DO like it. What replayability will it have, and will it have full mod support?
>>
>>335744327
>I'll pirate it and buy it if I like it

They all say that.
>>
Preorder canceled and upgraded to CE ;^)
>>
>>335744554
>>335744327
No you won't you fucking thieves.
>>
>>335744554
>I'm on the fence about buying it even if I DO like it

Pirate degeneracy is evolving.
>>
>>335744076
>supporting Bethesda
>buying doom 4 after playing that horrible beta
>caring about a property that has been dead for years
>shilling this hard
>>
>>335744554
Op here
I don't think it has mod support, and the biggest thing that concerns me is that I heard it's locked at 60fps and had a lot of screen tearing, so you have to play with fucking vsync on
>>
>>335745853
>buying doom 4 after playing that horrible beta

Stop with this meme. Literally the only people who hated the beta were entitled PC pissbabies that think every PC port must be five gens ahead of what consoles are.
>>
>>335745982
It's not a meme it's a fact. Do be mad because some people have high standards then you
>>
>>335744076
Not me, I'll buy it ironically like the last Battlefront. Always fun to see /v/ losing its shit at people buying games they don't like.
>>
>>335745982
>I disagree with your opinions, therefor it's a meme
Legit logic faggot
>>
I'll get it when it's under $30
>>
I just bought it today on g2a for like $36, so even if I don't like it it'll be no sweat off my brow.
>>
>>335745949
Tiago Sousa made it clear its not 60fps locked for the full PC release.
>>
>>335747882
>pre-order on keysite
enjoy getting it 2 days late.
>>
>>335744076
Is there a recording of the single player stream they did today?
>>
>>335745949
It was only locked for the beta, you fools
>>
>>335748371
Can't post links because retarded spam filter. Just go on Bethesda's Twitch. It;s their last recording. Watching it right now. Looks dope.
>>
>>335744554
>mod support

Ha.

Ahaha.

AHAHHAHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>335744076
How the blue fuck do you get something "ironically?" Do you say you got it when you actually didn't? What the fuck are you retards even talking about?
>>
I'm getting it from the pirate bay.

>>335744554

If by mod support you mean a shitty console level editor from halo? You got it.
>>
>>335749219
a-atleast you can put A.I. in snapmap
>>
>>335747440
>>335747640
It's a meme you cellphone using samefag piece of shit. DIE!
>>
>>335744076
I'll get it if its good
>>
File: disgust.png (132 KB, 261x235) Image search: [Google]
disgust.png
132 KB, 261x235
>>335744076
>falling for the marketing jew
>>
>>335744076
Nope. I don't think it looks as bad as the most melodramatic /v/ermin do, but it doesn't look like something I want either.
>>
Why not just play painkiller its the same shit but actually fun
>>
I'm getting it cause I just like it.
>>
So let's get this strait, OP, id Software hired the creative director of Dante's Inferno and the software engineer of Crysis to make a new Doom game with no sprint, regenerating health, ADS? Game has an automap, secrets, spoopy demons with biotech early-90s edge and Dark Souls-style oblique/unobtrusive story?

/v/ approved as Halo and CoD clone fit for only shills that push it and certified faggots.
>>
>>335750589

>not because it looks bad
>but because it looks bad unlike /v/'s opinion

Literally retarded
>>
>>335748581
I'd recommend watching gamespot's stream, Bethesda's stream had the game volume far too low
>>
>>335751154
>no sprint, regenerating health, ADS
None of those things are in-game
>>
File: 1461558770798.gif (73 KB, 675x227) Image search: [Google]
1461558770798.gif
73 KB, 675x227
I honestly cant wait for the doom disappointment threads from those shills.
>>
>>335745982
The MP is not made by ID it's made by a bunch of ex-halo devs.
>>
>>335747882
>preording from a keysite

dont do this
just buy it day 1 so your code is delivered when you purchase
pre orders are fucking slow
>>
>>335744076
I won't because fuck Bethesda.
>>
File: 1384915618769.jpg (81 KB, 475x505) Image search: [Google]
1384915618769.jpg
81 KB, 475x505
>>335744076
>Watch stream
>"Well at least they made it faster than E3 footage, it actually might be okay"
>Gunplay looks worse than KF2
>"Eeeh?"
>They show off weapon mods and runes
Yeah nah, dropped
>>
>>335745949
lol, sorry PC gamers have actual standards and won't settle for shitty Halo rehashes.
>>
File: 1460005023279.jpg (240 KB, 1000x952) Image search: [Google]
1460005023279.jpg
240 KB, 1000x952
you've gotta admit that even with all the modern bullshit D44M will still be ok.
it will go down as king of the shitheap known as modern fps games
>>
>>335745949
the tearing was fucking awful in the beta. I was tempted to use vsync but of course that's terrible to have on for MP. Adaptive vsync works alright in rage so I may use that in the campaign
>>
>>335745853
>buying doom for the multiplayer

I'm gonna buy the game, play the story and maybe play it again a year or two afterward
>>
I'll play it when someone pays me $60 to play it.

But I'll still complain.
>>
>>335757989
Enemies don't even have distinct tricks to them anymore. They operate like halo enemies.
>>
>>335744076
the stream was shit and it looks cartoonish as fuck.
>>
The stream didnt make it look bad. Actually seemed pretty OK.
>demons have variations
>explorative levels that reward exploration
>levels seem more like DooM and DooM 2 and not so much 1 straight hallway like modern shooters
>weapon mods and runes seem interesting enough
>can hold all mods and swap between them mid combat with no pause menu
>really good menu options
>can change FoV
>can shut off glory kills
>unlocked frame rate
>difficulty settings are back plus a new Ultra Nightmare mode
>demons can hit eachother
>berserk pack is back

I have a few gripes
>BFG seems to only have 3 shots and no clear indication on how you gain ammo for it. It doesn't seem to use the same energy as the plasma gun anymore
>demons didn't seem to get mad and attack each other upon being hit by another. That said, I only noticed it once and it was with 2 hell knights who were already engaging the player. So tough to call it.
>pistol is an infinite energy weapon
>>
>>335760293
They do. They have distinct weak points and weapon weaknesses.
>>
>>335760784
That's not what I mean.
>>
>>335760898
You mean like if you shimmy back and forth a pinkie can never hit you?
>>
>>335760293
What distinct tricks do you mean? In doom almost every one literally just walks at you. Funny that you call them Halo enemies though, because enemy AI is the only good thing about the early Halo games.
>>
>>335749015
They said in the stream that it has mod support. Or did you not watch it?
>>
>>335744327
This. I'm not looking forward to the halo multiplayer

>>335744554
>mod support
Ha
Haha
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>335760293
>>335760898
What the hell do you mean? They either waked at you in a zig-zag pattern to claw at you or threw a fireball at you. There were no distinct tricks. Aside from shimmying slightly against pinkies so they can never hit you. Which wasn't by design that was because of limited tech of the time.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sz6x96s8DY&feature=youtu.be

This game should be fun with good headphones.
>>
>>335760293
Like what? Every demon beyond the cannon fodder zombies has more than one attack now, not including the melee they all have, they've got gap closers and area denial attacks in their arsenal and they can climb and traverse stuff. If anything there's more mechanical depth to the enemies. Classic Doom was just "all enemies wander vaguely towards the player" and, especially prior to 2, there wasn't much at all to the AI's attacks. Just varying damage fireballs/hitscan attacks and a walking/flying monsters for all of Ultimate Doom outside of the bosses.
>>335761547
They said in the stream that they'll "see what happens with snapmap and then proceed on community feedback" (paraphrasing). In business talk, that could mean fuck all and probably does.
>>
>>335760701
>infighting is bad
at least it's in
i like that the levels are actually levels it seems
hated the plot bullshit and the canned animations to flip switches/button etc
>>335761885
probably this goofy shit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJcf0aOwmiA
strategies are always evolving depending on the encounter Doom just has a lot of variety generally
>>
>>335762312
The guy talking about distinct tricks is obviously an idiot.

On the mods thing; it's hard to call. The community feedback will undoubtedly call for it. Bethesda has never been against mods, though make it way more difficult than it needs to be. id and DooM were literally built on .wads. So it's not farfetched to expect mod support.
>>
>>335762312
Recently Bethesda released the Creation Kit and made it so that you upload your Fallout 4 mods to Bethesda.net and other people can download them, so I really don't think it's very unlikely that id Software will release id Studio and do the same sort of integration with the Bethesda.net platform.
>>
>>335744076
getting it with my ps4 because im too lazy to build a new computer just for doom
plus its slow enough that a controller wont affect it at all
>>
>>335762448
I didn't say infighting is bad. Just that we didn't see any. I want the infighting. Yea I like the levels actually being levels again. As far as the plot bullshit, there didn't seem like a lot of it. It mostly seems kept to a short dialogue at the start of a level then shuts the fuck up with lore pick ups you can find and read if you want. It didn't seem intrusive.
>>
>>335762719
>I really don't think it's very unlikely that id Software will release id Studio and do the same sort of integration with the Bethesda.net platform.
They probably will. If anything, Bethesda will probably force them to do it to help push and promote the platform. It promotes their platform and makes their consumer happy. It's a good business move.
>>
You're shitting on the industry if you buy this.,
>>
>>335760701
I like that rapid weapon mod switching seems basically like an alt fire mode.
>>
>>335763253
>supporting a FPS with actual levels that reward exploration and has a map creator
>hurting the industry

You are going to have to elaborate on this. Because this seems like the best thing to happen to this shit genre in over a decade.
>>
>u

fuck off millennial tumor.
go back to your halo garbage.
>>
>>335763371
Yea its pretty neat. I was VERY worried about this game. The stream pleasantly surprised me.
>>
>>335763253
You seriously think this industry can fall any lower than it already has? ESPECIALLY in the FPS genre?
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 468x347) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 468x347
>>335763627
>Actual Levels

You mean combat arenas like SS and Painkiller unlike the traditional level design with specific enemy placement DOOM is known for?
>>
>>335764118
watch the singleplayer stream it is actual levels
they might have some arena stuff mixed in as well but it looks like proper levels so far
>>
>>335764118
Most rooms in doom were literally just combat arenas. All enemy placement is specific. They are placed there. Or are you forgetting about all the rooms in DooM and DooM 2 that were stuffed with a dozen or so monsters that were literally just battle arenas. Yea this isn't exactly like the originals but it is a huge step forward for both the franchise and the genre. Not supporting this hurts the genre because then shit like this dies off again and we keep getting more of the same "hardcore military dude fights against his inner darkness out in the hallway." Supporting this just shows that there is a desire for this type of game and overall change to the shit the genre has become and will warrant more of the same. We can start walking back to when the genre was actually good. Stop being an idiot.
>>
>>335762719
>>335762685
Bethesda happens to have a really easy to mod base engine, though; it's barely developed upon Gamebryo, and that's an engine that was built from the ground-up to be sold to other developers. Even the nature of the game environment in Skyrim and FO4 (open world - basically a heightmap populated by static models) opens itself up to making producing content easy. Idtech isn't the same, it's been ridiculously complex since RAGE and using an editor for a modern game with mostly interior levels and idtech's AI traversal systems (a billion hours hand-placing AI nodes) is a whole lot less accessible than heightmapped terrain and dropping down statics. It's possible just given Bethesda's history of being fairly mod friendly, but I wouldn't count on it. RAGE's SDK release was such a shitshow that I doubt they'd bother.

The most feasible thing would be giving access to the system they use to make Snapmap tiles over to PC users, allowing PC free reign over it if they're willing to take the route of doing traditional mod downloads/installs, and packaging/tweaking "Approved" tiles for all platforms through bethesda.net. If you're going to make any demand, go for that. It's doable.

>>335763253
>One of few AAA shooters to break from the safest of the safe super cinematic story based military movie shooter mould
>"Shitting on the industry"

I like how this is the worst crime in gaming just for using the Doom name when it's one of the few games trying to pull the industry out of the toilet bowl.

>>335764118
They showed both in the stream.
Also
>"Actual" levels can only be done one way mentality
Do SS and Painkiller not have actual levels now?
>>
>>335765448
>Bethesda happens to have a really easy to mod base engine, though; it's barely developed upon Gamebryo, and that's an engine that was built from the ground-up to be sold to other developers.
It's just a heavily modded Gamebryo. They've ben using the same base engine since 2000 and it wasn't even built for these kinds of games. Which is why is functions like shit. Of course it's easily moddable. It's just a pain in the dick for users to apply those mods when the scripting and load orders are such a pain in the dick. You can get the load orders right and the mods STILL not work. As far as idtech goes, this isn't the same engine that was used on RAGE. Yea this will still be harder to mod than Gamebryo v16.9. But that's because it's a new and more complex engine. Not just a heavily modded engine built originally back in 2000.
>I like how this is the worst crime in gaming just for using the Doom name when it's one of the few games trying to pull the industry out of the toilet bowl.
People are idiots. This is literally the best thing to happen to this genre in over a decade and not supporting it just causes the genre and industry to fall further down the shitter.
>Do SS and Painkiller not have actual levels now?
He's another idiot. Don't bother.
>>
new 15 min gameplay
looks pretty fucking average the stuff they showed on stream was better even...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i92rgRDT0lI
>>
>>335767351
*spoiler alert* It's the stuff they showed on stream.
>>
>>335764693
>d44m is a step forwards
>>
you're a fucking fool. it's gonna be shit

if you live in the bay area I will drive to you and explain in detail over a nice iced coffee
>>
>>335765448
I don't think the complexity of the engine is going to stop mod tools from being released. You acknowledge that RAGE's engine was ridiculously complex, yet even that game had mod tools released. I should add that a piece of logo art for the new id Studio was leaked from the DOOM alpha files
>>
>>335767726
It is. It's a step toward what the genre used to be. You're a retard if you think this somehow makes it worse.
>>
>>335745853
I don't buy games for MP, hell I'll probably never even touch the MP. And word has it the MP and SP are being done by different groups. I'm honestly looking forward to a hard sci fi shooter.
>>
>>335767557
i skipped through the stream and only say stuff on the base, yeah it really seems like they are going with painkiller esque arena areas in some parts
the enemies don't seem to have a role to play and mix with the others
>>
>>335767746
>if you live in the bay area I will drive to you and explain in detail over a nice iced coffee
That's the most homosexual way of expressing anger and aggression I have ever seen. Short of going to his house ass naked knocking him down as he answers the door and mounting him,
>>
>>335760293
>anymore
What the hell does this even mean? The only Doom enemies that had tricks were the guys who spit out lost souls and the ones who rezzed enemies. If they operate like Halo enemies then they'll be a hell of a lot trickier than the original doom enemies. Dooms challenge always came from the map design, not the enemies.
>>
>>335767870
>It's a step toward what the genre used to be
So, a step in reverse then? Like a step backwards?
>>
Should I play Doom 3 again? It's been a while. Was the BFG edition any good?
>>
>>335744076
just shoot yourself in front of the mirror. that way you get to experience the game
>>
>>335768092
No. The genre ran backward at full speed a long time ago. D44M is walking forward again.
>>
>>335768138
bfg edition is shit don't bother with it
>>335768092
yeah bring it back to when it was actually good
>>
I'm buying it because the campaign looks good and I have a job and money.

The mp on the other hand will be forgot about in a month. Probably less time. Honestly they should have just focused on the campaign and maybe co-op stuff instead of the boring mp.
>>
File: DOOM - IDSOFTWARE.png (18 KB, 780x157) Image search: [Google]
DOOM - IDSOFTWARE.png
18 KB, 780x157
>>335744076
i will leave this right here
>>
>>335768280
So they're going to turn Doom into an oversimplified shooter?

oh no?
>>
>>335762038
>Even regular punches are a cinematic ffreeze

Oh my god
>>
>>335768138
The only reasons to go with BFG over the original are:
>you absolutely MUST have 120hz and/or adaptive sync, at the expense of everything else
>Doom 3 literally doesn't run your hardware
>>
>>335768521
>oversimplified
Doom is about as simple as it gets
nuDoom is complex but everything is streamlined for consoles
>>
>>335768602
That game doesn't look fun to you?
What's it like to have no soul?
>>
File: Todd-howard.jpg (53 KB, 610x343) Image search: [Google]
Todd-howard.jpg
53 KB, 610x343
>>335768798
>What's it like to have no soul?
you tell me todd
>>
>>335744076
I pre ordered it on PS4. I'm actually really hyped for this game, some parts look like a hybrid version of Doom/Doom II and Doom 3, love it.
>>
>>335768798
>Constant cinematic executions

No, it doesn't. Why can't we just have normal melee combat? Like shadow warrior's remake?
>>
>>335745982
This.
>>
>>335769013
now this is a shill post
>>
File: [0001hellyeahmotherfuckjer.png (302 KB, 515x494) Image search: [Google]
[0001hellyeahmotherfuckjer.png
302 KB, 515x494
>>335768897
>>
I'm gonna buy it ironically, gonna ironically go to the gamestop and ironically pull out $68 and hand it to the cashier with a weird smirk on my face, and when he asks me if I'm excited to play it I'll say, "Well OF COURSE I'm excited, DOOM 4 is the BEST, amiright? Pffft, the best at being shitty!" And then I'll laugh and walk away with my copy of that piece of shit game, knowing that I absolutely destroyed ID with my incredibly ironic game purchase.
>>
>>335744327
I'm just going to pirate it for the single player.
The MP was hot garbage and it doesn't deserve my money for shitting on the franchise like that.
I'm even going to get it off the piratebay because who even gives a fuck any more.
>>
>>335769127
I wasn't. But then again, that's what a guy who makes shill posts would say.
>>
SP looks like fun. I don't care about the beta because I'm not interested in mp.
>>
Probably going to get it solely for the multiplayer as strange as that sounds. I like Arena-FPS and all the AFPS games are pretty much dead, least D44M will be populated for awhile.

>Warsow (my favorite one) - dead
>Reflex - too early in development
>Quake Live - Literally one or two overpopulated FFA servers that are complete clusterfucks.
>xonotic - close to dead, not my taste
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.