[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>crystal sage >deacons of the deep >high lord wolnir
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 15
File: wolnir.jpg (120 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
wolnir.jpg
120 KB, 1280x720
>crystal sage
>deacons of the deep
>high lord wolnir
>yhorm
>ancient wyvern

Literally FIVE
F I V E
Pinwheel joke fights

WHY. WHY. WHY THE FUCK.

I'm being generous and not including curse rotten greatwood and aldrich since I know some people (for some fucking reason) actually struggle with these two, but these two may as well be joke fights as well with how stupid easy and mindless they are. How can you even compare shit like champion gundyr and pontiff that force you to actually dodge/parry properly and manage stamina to mindless hack and slash the bright glowing fuck me bangles on wolnir? no thought needed, no damage taken, nothing happens but just smack the hit me to win spots until it dies with no effort required
>>
The only Souls game with good bosses is Demon's Souls.
>>
>>335733332
>Uses Broadsword/Longsword
>The most overpowered and easy weapon-class in PvE currently
>Complains about bosses being too easy

LITERALLY KYS faggot.
>>
>>335733439
Nah, DaS has better bosses than DeS.
2 and 3 are forgettable as fuck
>>
>>335733332
do skulls really have bone behind the eyeglobes?
If not, was wolnir born blind? I feel kind of bad now, that's probably why he's so shit.
>>
>>335733529
I got that screenshot from googling "wolnir" you cuck, not that it excuses anything anyway. Whatever weapon you use all those bosses are all still pinwheel fights
>>
>>335733332
>He hasn't played Demon's Souls

Demon's Souls had 80% gimmick bosses
You could say that gimmick bosses are the core of the souls games
>>
>>335733332
Why do so many people shit on Yhorm? It's literally the same as any other boss fight, except you have to use a special gimmick weapon.
>>
File: 1458744602537.png (8 KB, 509x619) Image search: [Google]
1458744602537.png
8 KB, 509x619
>beat champ gundyr and pnotiff solo
>can't beat crystal sage solo
>>
>>335733707
the gimmick makes it WAAAAAAAAAAAY to easy
>>
>>335733668
>80%

>dragon god and storm king is 80% of the bosses
>>
>Almost killed greatwood
>it does the standing attack where it falls over
>too close to the side of the arena
>he falls and then slides backwards because he can't fall into the wall
>get hit by sliding ass and die
>>
>>335733784
>>335733707
Literally what? you use the fucking storm ruler or whatever it's called and chops off like 25% of his HP. You just spam that shit with no effort.
>>
>>335733760
......How?
>>
File: Dark Souls 3.jpg (71 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls 3.jpg
71 KB, 960x540
Wolnir was actually one of the hardest bosses for me.

>too high above me to even see what attacks he's winding up
>death aura for wandering too close
>smoke breath with insane range
>summons endless hordes of adds every few attempts, multiple times in a row

I've since learned that attacking his right arm first, with the single bracelet, makes him much easier, but before that he was decimating me. I even Sunbro'd the fight for a while, and it took over 15 attempts before we even got a single victory, so I know I'm not the only one who struggled with him.

Then again, I also struggled insanely with Lothric, beat Pontiff and Soul of Cinder both on my second try, and beat Old Demon King and Champion Gundyr on my first try comfortably, so I seem to be having the opposite experience of most of /v/. Nameless King was still my hardest, though.

Strength/Faith build, if it matters.
>>
>>335734279
There's so much shit flying at me from offscreen that I panic and end up getting hit by one of the small fast spam attacks. And that staggers me so I get blown up by all the other attacks.
>>
>>335733332
>5 Pinwheel bosses
No, not really.
If anything, Abyss Watchers is closer to a Pinwheel than ANY of those.
>Get a few hits in and then watch as they kill each other
>Then the 2nd phase is generic dude with a burning sword, hit, dodge, hit, dodge, dodge, hit, done
There's nothing interesting nor good about that fight.
Crystal Sage and company are at least interesting.

Also, fuck fact, Curse-Rotted Greatwood can fat roll.
>>
>>335734475
Wait are you running a magic build.
>>
>>335734416
>Strength/Faith build
found your problem.
No but seriously, you just got to low DPS. You can pretty much stunlock him and kill him before the first skeleton summon slam with good dps with most builds when you reach wolnir. Some weapons do fall off because of shit stamina/damage-ratio
>>
>>335734576
no
>>
>>335734575
Every single fight in the game can be summed up by hit dodge hit dodge
>>
>>335734416
I feel like a lot of bosses have varying difficulties depending on the playstyles of people. Some people are just great against humanoid bosses, some people are better at dealing with lots of enemies at once.
>>
>>335733332
Fool's Idol - Pinwheel - ? - Crystal Sage
Phalanx - ? - Prowling Magus - Deacons
? - Bed of Chaos? - ? - Wolnir
DS3 has best implementations of it's respective gimmicks
>>
>>335734701
Even so, stuff like Sage has interesting attacks instead of
>Blade spin with a forward dive
>1 slash
>2 slash
>3 slash
>Heavy slash into 1 slash
Abyss Watchers is really weak, especially for a Lord of Cinder fight.
>>
File: G4K.jpg (59 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
G4K.jpg
59 KB, 480x360
>>335733537
http://darksouls.wikidot.com/bosses

>Butt Slapping Content
>Dragon God Reject
>Maneaters on EZ mode
>A Fucking Fighter Jet
>Casual Filter
>Peter North
>That mandatory enemy that drops the fire protection ring conveniently right before Lost Izalith
>Tits
>Furshit
>Dark Sun Gwyndolin
>Butt Slapping Contest: Fire Edition
>Oreos and Smaug
>Four Queens
>lol vagina jokes
>Gaylord Neato
>Gwyn, Lord of Parries
>Iron Golem
>Flailing Retard
>Man Anus
>Moonlight Butterfry
>Obligatory Pinwheel Boss
>Sanctuary Guardian
>Seath the Tailess
>Sif
>Butt Slapping Contest 2: Electric Boogaloo
>Generic Enemy Mob/Plunging Tutorial

It's shit, anon. Everything is either a parody of a Demon's Souls boss, or just hot garbage.

And Demon's Souls didn't make you pay $15 to unlock the full game, and didn't take 11 months to fully patch, AND the online actually worked.
>>
>>335734659
Then how the fuck are you not walking through the shots. I my main pvp guy is a mid heavy and I walked right in to that fight and cock slapped the ho and just took the hits like a man.
>>
>>335734575
Abyss watchers is not pinwheel and you know it, stop trying to act like hot shit. Pinwheel is mindless no effort required fights. If you have to time dodges (like abyss) then it's not a pinwheel fight, you have to pay attention or get a fire sword up the ass.
>>
About to start demons souls. Is there a way I should go about doing these levels or just do them in whatever order I want?
>>
>>335734828
The 2nd phase has some pretty brutal combos if you aren't used to timing your rolls. With Sage he's made of paper, all you need to do is keep moving in his first phase, and in the second you just have to look for the purple magic. All his adds despawn when he teleports.
>>
>>335733332
Those are all harder than Pinwheel. Wolnir and Deacons actually have insta-kill moves that can catch you if you're not careful or don't know their movesets yet. Crystal Sage is actually kind of hard during the second phase if you have a build with low VGR. You get raped with a flood of blue everytime you attack the real sage.
>>
>>335734575
Abyss Watchers is way more interesting than Crystal Sage, you're talking out your ass.
>>
>>335734920
>Pay attention or get a fire sword up the ass.
You get a TON of leeway in that fight, you can dodge seconds early and be as fine as if you did a perfect dodge, neither form has any over-reaching attacks, except the Spin Dash, which you dodge to the side on, so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>335733332
Kinda agree. Main difference is that I like the gimmicks. Only qualm I have is that they are WAY too easy. Just make us do normal damage once we figure out the gimmick or something, no need to let us 4 shot yhomir, jeeze.
>>
>>335734909
Most of her attacks take >50% of my hp.
>>
Cancerous Souls Child get off this board.
>>
>>335734887
I would kill as many monkeys as it would take to get a Demon Souls 2 thats as good as Demon Souls.
>>
>>335734887
The problem with Demon's Souls is that its bosses were all way too easy. I still struggle plenty with the bosses in the other 4 soulsborne games. My first time through Demon's, though, only 3 bosses ever even managed to kill me. 2 deaths to Leechmonger, 1 to Penetrator, and 2 to False King. The rest were first try, and easily too.
>>
>>335734920
>you have to pay attention or get a fire sword up the ass

Of all the complaints against shields in DaSIII, they work hilariously well on PvE, the Abyss Watcher being a prime example.

Literally just leave your shield up, block, free 2-3 hits depending on your weapon.
>>
>>335735103
Inhale my dong, enragement child.
>>
Wolnir is fucking awesome, the only bad thing about him is that he's too easy. Some dialogue would spice this shit up to Oceiros/Twin Princes level.

Yhorm is okay for a gimmick boss, I liked how he wasn't a generic giant enemy from DaS2. Design is 10/10.

Ancient Wyvern is the only good location-type boss in the series, it's awesome.
>>
File: Dissapoint.jpg (103 KB, 585x675) Image search: [Google]
Dissapoint.jpg
103 KB, 585x675
those bosses weren't easy,
just gay bro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz8KJYpRh28
>>
>>335733332
>he thinks the bosses are what make dark souls good

I'd rather have memebosses than another generic anime swordsman. It's not like the others are any harder once you know how to parry. Champion Gundyr didn't hit me once.
>>
>>335734925
>Is there a way I should go about doing these levels or just do them in whatever order I want?

It's linear. If I remember correctly once you beat 1-2's boss it tells you to go do 2-1 or something, and so on and so on.

Have fun at 3-1.
>>
>>335734920
There's also the following fire flash that trails behinds the slash afterwards that can stagger you into a combo if you're not careful.
>>
>>335735179
BUT I NEED IT
>>
>>335734771
You forgot Dragon god for demon souls in the ?=bed of Chaos=?= Wolnir
>>
>>335735012
>. Crystal Sage is actually kind of hard during the second phase if you have a build with low VGR
Nigga what

You shouldn't get hit against Crystal Sage AT ALL
Like it's so fucking easy, just attack all the clones before attacking the real thing, and weave in and out of pillars.
>>
>>335735086
DAMN. Im not event fucking with you that's bad, by the time you hit that boss you should be only taking minor damage from the lackeys and ok damage from the bitch herself unless she does that one hitter.
>>
File: 1459696886960.jpg (14 KB, 238x192) Image search: [Google]
1459696886960.jpg
14 KB, 238x192
>Beat Dancer - Pontiff - Champion on first try
>Die to Crystal Sage and Wolnir multiple times

i wish i was joking
>>
its almost like dark souls is meant to be an adventure game first and not some deep challenging game
>>
File: 1461177208483.gif (817 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1461177208483.gif
817 KB, 557x605
>>335733707
>>335733784
>Didn't find Storm Ruler until after fight
>Instead got help from Onion Bro
>Manage to do decent damage aiming at arms and head with bow
>Mfw phase 2 kicks in and he starts literally exploding in time with the music
>Dodging between the pillars as he fucking destroys them one by one while chasing me around the arena

Most underrated DaS3 boss. Yhorm was fucking based and had the best music this side of SoC.
>>
>>335733613
Was Pontiff Sully blind, too? Both of his eyes have their own ring. Or am I looking too far into that
>>
>>335735309
From what I've seen, many people have similar issues.
Stuff like Sage and Wolnir are either piss easy or impossibly difficult for people. It's weird.

Also, is Sage a dude or a chick? I've seen it said both ways and from what I can tell, it's a woman by the voice and the hands, especially when she uses her melee.
>>
>>335735239
what does the -2 and -1 mean???
>>
File: 14.jpg (5 KB, 117x125) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
5 KB, 117x125
>>335733529
>If you don't use this the game is hard
Souls fans are retarded. Fucking zelda is hard if you never use the sword
>>
>>335733836
>Adjudicator
>Tower Knight
>Leechmonger
>Old Monk
>Fools Idol

List goes on. You're retarded
>>
>>335735191
>Oceiros
Is a joke. A worse version of dodge left beast.
>Yhorm
Can forgive how easy he is due to Siegward's involvement. Micolash-tier.
>Ancient Wyvern
No. Fuck off.
Literally one of the worst bosses in the series, next to The Last Giant and Celestial Emissary.
>>
>>335735480
Area 1, part 2. Area 2, part 1.
>>
>>335734416
Wolnir difficulty is entirely AI dependent, for some people he doesn't even summon skellingtons and for others he likes to do his full charge when you're hitting his arm. I've fought him at times where the only attacked he used was the death mist over and over again until we popped his bracelet, he's totally random

The exact opposite of Oceiros who's AI is so dumb and abusable with hitboxes that can't even touch the player most of the time
>>
>>335734828
>sage
>interesting attacks

Literally just soul spear, soulmass and shiny crystal homing orb. The only thing that distinguishes him from standard sorcery shitters is that his spells are colored purple.
>>
>>335735262
>just attack all the clones before attacking the real thing,
You don't even have to do this. Run to the purple magic, start slamming on him, he'll teleport and all his clones vanish.
>>
>>335735480
Each world is organised into stages, each stage ends in a boss. So 1-1 is world 1 stage 1.
>>
>>335733529
>crystal sage
can be beaten with a whip in 30 seconds
>deacons
anyone who had problems with this boss should just quit vidya
>wolnir
can once again be beatwen with a whip in 30 seconds
>yhorn
meme weapon
>ancient wyvern
just run past all the enemies
>>
>>335735414
Nigga he ain't got no face, it's covered in branches.
>>
>>335735486
That analogy doesn't really hold up well when OP was complaining about things being too easy.
>>
>>335733836
most of demon's bosses are useless

they made it "hard" by just making them able to kill you in further games
>>
>>335735635
Thank you anon. So I can fully do a whole world before moving on to the next, right? Also does each world have 3 stages?
Downloading game now btw...
>>
>>335733760
That is also mfw I read that you can beat the Champ and Pontiff solo but not Crystal Sage

niggerwhatthefuckareyoudoing
>>
>>335735480
X-Y

X is the Nexus Archstone
Y is the Area Archstone
>>
>>335734416
take left hand (from your perspective) first
after that it should be easy, just don't lock on
>>
>>335735150
>Maneaters
>Flamefucker

>First try, easily

Bullshit
But somehow you died to leechmonger at all so I feel like you're lying anyway
>>
>>335735781
Yes anon, that was mentioned in my post. But I appreciate the tip anyway.
>>
>>335735507
Literally none of those are gimmicks you colossal shit. Just because they have their own mechanics doesn't auto = gimmick. Crystal sage isn't a gimmick fight it's a boss that splits itself and you kill the real one, same as fools idol. Learn the fucking difference.

Old monk MIGHT be the closest thing on the list to a gimmick and even then not really because you still have to fight it just like any boss, you can just tip toe around like a faget
>>
>>335735816
Being truthful. Maybe Faith is just too OP in Demon's.

And my deaths to Leechmonger were weird. I tried staying back and arrowing him, then something just insta-killed me while I was shooting. Tried again, same technique just to see if it happened again, and it did. Third time, ran in and fought him normally, and tore his ass apart.
>>
File: 1461598648114.png (932 KB, 825x991) Image search: [Google]
1461598648114.png
932 KB, 825x991
>>335733332
None of those fights are as easy as pinwheel

Every souls game has 4 or 5 easy as fuck fights, this is nothing new

Kys newfag
>>
>>335735239
It's not linear at all, the only area you have to do first is 1-1 and then you're free to go to any archstone

The mine is recommended because of the smith
>>
>>335735547
Oceiros has awesome atmosphere and that's what I'm talking about. Wolnir needs a darker atmosphere and more difficulty.

Ancient Wyvern is incredible in comparison to shit like Ceaseless Discharge, Bed of Chaos, Demon Firesage/Stray Demon, Four Kings, Pinwheel, The Last Giant, Flexile Sentry, Ruin Sentinels, Belfry Gargoyles, Skeleton Lords, Covetous Demon, Royal Rat Authority, Prowling Magus and Congregation, Royal Rat Vanguard, Vendrick, Guardian Dragon, Giant Lord, Elana, Ganksquad, Lud&Zallen.

It utilizes level design in a good way, it's a good filler for such a short area as Archdragon Peak.
>>
>>335733332
DaSIII had way too many joke bosses
>Yhorm
>CRG
>Wolnir
>Oceiros
>Crystal Sage
>Aldritch
>Deacons
>Wyvern
I can forgive Iudex and Vordt, because they're the very first bosses, but the rest are ridiculous.

Easiest Souls by a mile.
>>
why is wolnir so RNG?

>fight him first time he always pulling out his sword or summoning skellies and wrecks my shit
>next fight he literally never does either and i destroy him
>>
>>335735639
>>Yhorm
>>meme weapon

WAIT, ARE YOU IMPLYING THAT IF I USE THE STORM SWORD (WHATEVR ITS CALLED) THAT YOU GET FROM HIS ARENA, YOU GET TO KILL HIM FASTER????

I LITERALLY FOUGHT MY WAY THRU HIS WHOLE HEALTH POOL USING MY UGS. WHAT THE FUCK. I knew his health pool was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to big to be normal, but then I thought I just had to git gud and learn to manage my estus charges better (which I finally did and it was piss easy, just long).
>>
>>335733332
>put several tweak bosses where you still have to figure things, even if they're easy
>these easy bosses highlight some lore elements thanks to their intro, outro and mechanics
>dispatch easy bosses among harder bosses to fuck with your perception of the game, to disorient the player in a chaotic world
>allows the highligh of monstruosities like trap eater
>allow to feel the threat and spike the fight of some lore/mechanic/gameplay strong bosses such as the pontiff

it's called game design, avoiding a boring linear line of difficulty where every boss is the same level of threat
and it's good
>>
>>335736227
I did the same thing, if you have seigfriend with you he basically kills the boss while you tank him
>>
>>335733760
Change strategy/loadout/defenses

use a shield
>>
this thread is so stupid you're all complaining about progressing through the game using the mechanics and tools that were provided for you to do so??

I don't think 'gimmick' fights are somehow invalid just because they have a unique mechanic — I still died to wolnir and yhorm several times, plus that shit is fun.
>>
>>335736227
you use the weapon art and take 5k health of him with each swing
>>
>>335735739
>So I can fully do a whole world before moving on to the next, right? Also does each world have 3 stages?
You can do the Worlds in whatever order you like, you have to do the stages in order as the lead to each other(2-1 leads to 2-2 etc.)
Each world has 3 except 1 which has 4 but the last of each world is pretty much just the boss battle.
>>
Deacons of the deep and yhorm are both incredibly underrated. Both of them have top tier music and atmosphere.

>B-but they're easy

Fuck off. Difficulty has nothing to do with quality you nut sack leaches. That's literally like shitting on the beach boys pet sounds because the compositions are simple, you fucking plebs.
>>
>>335735698
Yea zelda is too easy with the sword, hurr don't use it. Literally the same thing retard
>>
>>335736130
>It utilizes level design in a good way
It really doesn't. It's just run away and do one plunge attack.

It's not like you even have to figure that shit out for yourself, there's notes everywhere saying "Try Plunge Attack".

It's shit.
>>
File: Firstborn.jpg (94 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Firstborn.jpg
94 KB, 960x720
>>335736084
Well, it's been awhile.

I just remember playing it in '09, hitting the fog wall after Tower Knight, and getting super mad at the game.

>tfw out of sticky white stuff
>tfw can't beat Armored Spider
>tfw the entire area after Armored Spider
>tfw Tower of Latria is scary
>tfw Ninja Skeles r too hard

It was a different time back then.
>>
>>335736289
I went full solo on him. I died like 5 times, learn his moveset and got gud on the 3rd.

>>335736330
on the brightside, I really liked that fight (before I knew I could cheese him). It made me git gud and learn how to manage estus.
>>
>>335736289
>second playthrough
>not even NG+, NG with a new character
>do Siegward's questline
>get to Yhorm
>run to the back, grab the sword
>turn around
>Yhorm kills Siegward

I don't know what I did wrong.
>>
>>335736159
You're dumb. You have to delay breaking a bracelet right as he's summoning or taking out the sword. You break the bracelet and it cancels out the action so he never has a chance to do either.
>>
>>335736481
You aren't supposed to get the sword when fighting with Siegward.
>>
>>335734887
Holy fuck, all you are literally doing is trying to come up with witty names for a boss and thinking that makes them shit.

Lmao.
>>
>>335736446
>3rd

I meant 6th.
>>
>>335735507
None of those have gimmicks except maybe the Adjudicator or the Fools Idol, but he gives you multiple ways to approach the fight and the Fools Idol just rewards exploration

A boss with an actual interesting gimmick is something like the Old Hero who you may not even now had a gimmick, because you had to guess what it was based on very little visual information
>>
>>335735414
>Or am I looking too far into that
His rings state they were given to his knights, as in a number of people and not just one.
Unless mother Kos heard his prayers that's not possible.
>>
I felt every boss in ds3 was something along the lines of
>reach boss
>get anally raped 4 times. Cant even touch them before dying.
>learn their moves
>change loadout (usually just armor. I dont like changing weapons unless its dual weilding into shield and 1h wielding)/strategy to something that works better
>kill them without even chugging on a single estus

>>335736485
I would just destroy the left (his right) bracelet first. Otherwise, it would get too annoying to reach later on the fight. Took me a few tries but yeah.
>>
>Greatwood can fat roll
Am I the only one weirded out by this?
>A fucking giant corrupted tree can dodgeroll
>>
>>335734416
Tips for a str/faith build? Weapons armor? How many slots for miracles?
>>
>>335736575
You want me to write an essay on the bosses of Dark Souls?

I mean, I'll do it, if you really want.
>>
>>335737036
Write an essay about how 4 kings is a shit fight
>>
>>335737009
Use either a full STR weapon, or a boss weapon with Lightning damage and Faith scaling. Blessed is awful. Use heavier armor so that when you do get a break to cast a Heal spell, it's more likely to fully heal you.

Three slots:
>one buff, either Deep Protection or a weapon buff if you're using a non-special weapon
>one heal, you'll find yourself more capable of using this during bosses than you'd think
>one Lightning Spear of any level, mostly used to pull enemies, don't expect to kill with it
>>
>>335737110
Don't make him do that, what if he finds out that Dark Souls is a shit game?
>>
>>335737332
He won't because it's a good game.
>>
File: 1461446760557.png (600 KB, 624x480) Image search: [Google]
1461446760557.png
600 KB, 624x480
>>335737530
You don't know that, not without reading an essay about it first!
>>
>>335737304
I just nake my claymore blessed what a mistaje now i running with astora great sword+5 and my normal claymore+5 with the firewitch armor i guess i will make the astora greatsword ligthing and raw claymore? Maybe a big cub
>>
>>335733332
Ancient wyvern was dope and Yhorm was reminiscent of storm king in DeS. Still cool.

Wolnir was bullshit though
>>
>>335734887
>you'll never be this autistic
Feels good man
>>
>>335738168
Re-infuse your Claymore with Heavy, and use a weapon buff Miracle, like Lightning Weapon or Darkmoon Weapon. That's what I'd do at least.
>>
>>335733332
>le bosses have to be hard to be good meme
Deacons had a legit amazing atmosphere, and a god tier track
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20XREf55X9E
>>
>>335738841
and they can kill you if you piss around too much
>>
>>335735307
I run a medium armour dex build, easiest strat is to charge straight in and close the distance.
Once sage hits the second phase and starts spawning clones, charge each of the blue spell ones and knock them down in one hit then focus on the purple casts.
Rinse repeat.
>>
>>335734416
>one handing the DSGA and having Miracles

Jesus what level are you
>>
>>335740217
That pic is early NG+. I was level 104, I believe.
>>
>>335736412
>Nu-huh it's just shit
every /v/ argument in a nutshell
>>
>>335733332
I got a confession to make:

I actually enjoyed Ancient Wyvern .
>>
>>335735360
>>335735360
>>335735360
>>335735360
this!
>>
>>335737036
Where's the essay, you lying cunt?
>>
>>335733332
The first time I fought Wolnir I attacked his ribcage, hit his lungs once and did over 4000 damage, so I was like "oh, so that's how you're supposed to kill him, the shackles are the to mislead you". About 4 deaths later I went with what I thought it would be the slow and safe way to kill him.
>>
>>335733332
Yhorm (solo) is one of the few Souls bosses I actually liked fighting.
>>
>>335744053
What? Why? It's the same shit for 15 mins. It's probably the most boring boss I've ever done because it takes so fucking long
>>
>>335735360
underrated post
>>
File: 133732685045057.png (14 KB, 117x140) Image search: [Google]
133732685045057.png
14 KB, 117x140
>>335744367
I don't really know. Most souls bosses feel the same to me. Also it doesn't take THAT long by yourself with the Storm Ruler. Only bosses I really liked were the Artorias DLC bosses, Yhorm, and Storm King. Yes I played Demon's Souls. False King Allant was just OK. Don't have a Psquad so I can't say anything about Bloodborne.
>>
>>335736236
Thank you. I've been trying put it into words.
Watching Wolnir lose his only things saving him from the Abyss, and then watching it finally claim him in the end. It's actually amazing.
>>
There's a difference between a joke boss like pinwheel and a gimmick boss like Yhorme and ancient wyvern.
>>
>>335733332
>hurrr only good bosses are anime knights who jump around a lot

kys retard. thanks to your kind we got that abortion DS2. fighting giant horrifying monstrosities is what DaS is all about. if you care about muh epic difficulty over atmosphere, PLAY THAT FUCKING SOULLESS MEMETIC ABORTION CALLED SOTFS!!! Miyazaki games were never about LE EPIC DOGING DIFFICULTIES :))))
>>
>>335736227
>i dont read

item descriptions sin
>>
>>335746403
Is this autism
>>
>>335744853
What the fuck a weapon that lets you kill him in 5 hits?

In all seriousness; I found out about the weapon right after I killed him I'm gona hate that boss forever
>>
>crystal sage is just shitty fools idol
>yhorm is just shitty storm king
why is this allowed
>>
>>335747519
Because Miyazaki can do no wrong.
>>
File: 1448918622782.jpg (78 KB, 338x305) Image search: [Google]
1448918622782.jpg
78 KB, 338x305
Ancient wyvern was a good fight, not everyone cheated like you OP.
>>
>>335735547
The Ancient Wyvern isn't that bad, but it's not really even a boss.

It's just a mid-way thing to make the trek to Nameless King more exciting
>>
>>335733332
I seriously odn't get why people talk about Pinwheel. It's not like after years we haven't figured out he was supposed to be fought much earlier but most people only meet him on their way to Nito. Try going for him before taurus, I did so during my gravelord sword run, the fight isn't anything to write home about but is fairly okay.
>>
>>335747519
fool's idol and storm king are already pretty shitty by themselves anon
>>
>>335746535
It's truth.
Although he should have calmed down a bit before posting.

>bosses highlight some lore elements thanks to their intro, outro and mechanics
This is what i love about them.
>>
>>335748059
>cheated
>in-game mechanic with developer messages telling you to one shot it
lol
>>
>>335748661
that was just a fail-safe for babies to ensure they could see the rest of the area.

You robbed yourself of a good boss fight for nothing faggot, it's the equivalent of summoning help.
>>
>>335748802
its literally not supposed to be a fight, you just run around and then slay the dragon in an exciting way. i think they just gave it a health bar to trick people honestly.
>>
>>335748802
Nope. It's a mechanic and the messages say to use a plunge attack. It was designed to be killed just like that and that's how most players did it following simple common sense

Don't think trying to defend your precious FROM is working, it was a shit designed fight plain and simple. You can ignore the plunge attack, yeah, and you can also ignore weapons and shields and armor and fight every boss at level 10, too.
>>
>>335749130
>>335748953
I literally didn't even read the message and beat him the proper way.
you guys are just making yourselves look stupid.
>>
>all the poise-babbies crying over no poise in all the Facebook comments on DS3 posts.

The tears are fucking delicious. Get fucking good you pathetic scrubs. Learn how to use your fucking hyper armor to your fucking advantage. I've killed people with the Longsword, Ultra Greatswords, Katanas, and even fucking daggers. Git the fuck gud.
>>
>>335733439
>gimmick fights - the game
>>
>all these fucking retarded hosts getting killed by dragonslayer armor

WHAT THE FUCK

How do you get this far into the game without knowing how to roll!?
>>
File: 1445819378979.jpg (15 KB, 168x200) Image search: [Google]
1445819378979.jpg
15 KB, 168x200
>>335750516

My friend is still crying bitch tears because he can't stack poise. He even got the wolf ring and tried equipping the black iron set and threw a tantrum to me over steam chat about how poise doesn't exists.

I told him to quit being a bitch and learn to roll and he logged off.
>>
File: 1421552861913.jpg (26 KB, 381x380) Image search: [Google]
1421552861913.jpg
26 KB, 381x380
>>335750873

What's even better is that poise has a cap, so if you think you can suit up on Havel's and then equip the wolf ring, it doesn't matter, because it caps out and you start getting diminishing returns.

Soaking up all the casual tears over here.
>>
>>335751123

No, poise is disabled entirely for player characters. Equipping wolf ring literally does absolutely nothing but take up a ring slot.

Not sure if they're still balancing it or if they fucked up and forgot it was turned off, but hopefully it stays gone. Nothing is more obnoxious than getting invaded by poise-stacked retards.

It's not hard to kill them (they typically just R1 spam until empty on stamina from past experience, and are among the shittiest players), but it's definitely fucking annoying.
Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.