[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/v/ tells you a game is shit >end up loving it what's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7
File: MGSV-header.jpg (238 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
MGSV-header.jpg
238 KB, 1280x720
>/v/ tells you a game is shit
>end up loving it
what's her name, /v/?
>>
>>335729067
Fallout 4.
>>
>>335729447

This.

Although I'd kill for FO:NV in the updated engine.

Or another FO from obsidian.
>>
>>335729067
Bioshock infinate

I really like it
>>
I don't give a shit about the ending, game was fun.
>>
Gone Home, Undertale, Depression Quest, DmC, Bioshock Infinite
>>
File: 1461237945881.jpg (86 KB, 638x478) Image search: [Google]
1461237945881.jpg
86 KB, 638x478
>>335730407
>Depression Quest
You're kidding, right?
>>
Dark Souls II
>>
>>335729557
Would Bethesda force them into a talking Player Character?

Side note: I recently played through the first two Fallout games from Interplay. I now understand the references to F2 in NV.
>>
>>335729067
I really cannot comprehend how anybody could love MGSV. It's such dull and characterless experience.
>>
>There's nothing to do in Elite Dangerous

There's a hell of a lot more content than its predecessors and I sunk hundreds of hours into those. As a fan of the elite series I might be nuts but I love Elite Dangerous.
>>
Lords of Shadow, 2 wasnt that bad either
>>
>>335729447
Same
>>
>>335731314
Fun gameplay, and a decent conclusion to the MGS series, what's there not to love?
>>
>>335731776
Mechanically it's a step down from 4 and narratively it's the most barebones and somehow still the most retarded in the franchise.
>>
>>335731776
a missing chapter, loads of repeated side ops
>>
>>335732192
>mechanically it's a step down from 4
it's not
>narratively it's the most barebones
that's PW
>and the most retarded
that's 4
>>
>>335732439
>it's not
Yes it is. It utterly gutted CQC, the AI isn't as good and the level design is almost universally mediocre thanks to the open world.
>that's PW
No it's not, that game had characters with arcs at least.
>that's 4
Ancient vocal chord parasites are a far more laughable plot device than nanomachines ever were. 4 also tied up most of the threads left hanging after MGS2 which is far more than can be said for V, despite being advertised as the "missing link" in the series it left utterly ridiculous shite like Eli escaping with Psycho Mantis and Sahalanthropus in the game without any kind of resolution. Most of the story being conveyed through shitty audio tapes was a pretty retarded decision too. Cutscenes can be quite compelling because at least you're watching something happen. Staring at Snake sitting in a chopper for minutes on end while listening to audio is the exact opposite of engaging.
>>
>>335733594
>PW
>character arcs
kek

>missing link
that's konami's advertising. fuck them.
>>
>Elite: Dangerous
>Planetside 2
>Dishonored
>Skyrim
>>
Skyrim and Bloodborne
>>
>>335733594
The more herosism you have the better equipped and harder the enemies get, but you wouldn't know since your just a shitter that cares for the story.
>>
>>335733594
The trick is to listen to audio tapes either in tbe chopper while doing development or in the field on the way to objectives.
PW had the audio tapes but you had to listen to them in a menu screen.

Things that piss me off with v is mandatory fob and you cant start from the beginning witjout wiping your save, or backing it up and reloading
>>
>>335729067
>/v/ tells you a game is good
>it's shit
Fucking Dragon's Dogma
>>
>>335731776
You should've just left it at fun gameplay.
>>
>>335734104
>Bloodborne
Literally only memers and the saltiest of cucks shit on it

Everyone else, even on /v/, will tell you it's great.
>>
>>335734286
>The more herosism you have the better equipped and harder the enemies get,
Not that anon but No its not, in v its just they adapt their tactics to your playstyle, you need to do outer ops to weaken them
>>
File: just.jpg (262 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
262 KB, 1920x1080
>its boring as shit
>>
File: 1461640857304.jpg (561 KB, 1893x1045) Image search: [Google]
1461640857304.jpg
561 KB, 1893x1045
>>335734674
>When you learn RPGs aren't for everyone.
>>
>>335734479
That effects only armor, helmets and gas mask. They still will have high level guns and they react quickly to noise and have hawk visions.
>>
Dark souls 3. I'm not kidding
>>
>>335733816
>that's konami's advertising
Most of the trailers were directed by Hideo Kojima.

>>335734286
I care a great deal for gameplay, and V is hopelessly mediocre. Beyond its controls I'd argue it's downright bad. The ridiculous wait times for everything, lifeless open world and the mindnumbingly dull mission objectives really don't make for a compelling game. The atrocious narrative is just the cherry on the cake.
>>
>>335733594
>4 also tied up most of the threads left hanging after MGS2 which is far more than can be said for V

PATRIOTS
NANOMACHINES
ZERO

The only reason why people don't hate 4 is:
Chapter 1, nostalgia dickriding with flashbacks (I really liked them and they used them really well on Shadow Moses) and the final boss fight
Without MG:O people wouldn't believe that MGS4 had decent gameplay. Seriously, so much stupid shit and missed potential.
Luckily MGS4 happened long before the cuck meme
>>
>>335736142
Poorly tied threads are still tied threads. V doesn't even bother to tie shit.

Chapters 1, 2, 4 and 5 are all at least solid. It's only 3 that stands out as particularly awful.
>>
Re6.
But usually I do the exact opposite of what /v/ says and get to play some fun vidya.
>>
>>335729067
Assassin's Creed III. It has the best naval combat, I don't understand the love for Black Flag's naval fights.
>>
>>335730846
>Would Bethesda force them into a talking Player Character?

it doesn't matter because they're never going to outsource any of their games ever again. they opened another studio in canada, zenibeth is going full ubisoft and they'll be shitting out yearly entries by 2018.
>>
>>335730685
Not him but as someone who has actually dealt with depression for a prolonged period of my life, Depression Quest is a very accurate portrayal. The way it presents some of it's choices as being locked the further your character slips is fucking genius. When you're depressed the solution to your problems can often seem so obvious but at the same time still so impossible.

That being said, it's still not a good game as it's hardly even a game. It's just clever in a very unique way and deserves some recognition for that. However Zoe Quinn is still a fucking whore cunt and #GG was totally justified.

But given that the anon listed it among Gone Home, Undertale, DmC and Bioshock Infinite I'm willing to bet that it's bait and he hasn't actually "played" DQ.
>>
File: mgsvtpp.jpg (30 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
mgsvtpp.jpg
30 KB, 450x450
I understand all the grief it caused. But it's still a phenomenal game.
>>
>>335729067
Literally ALL of them.

I don't think I have ever, in the history of my entire life, loved a game that /v/ did not hate, minus the easy picks of Valve games.
>>
Life Is Strange
>>
>>335731776
>a decent conclusion to the MGS series

that was 4

literally everything after is spin-off bullshit that is barely even MGS
>>
>>335729067
Neptuina
>>
>>335729447
Ditto
>New Location or Random encounter every thirty feet
>Weapon Crafting
>Romanceable Companions.
>>
File: 1460307890818.jpg (83 KB, 910x900) Image search: [Google]
1460307890818.jpg
83 KB, 910x900
so lemme get this straight

>low key and pathetic attempts at irritation
>have no understanding of form or condition
>have resorted now to threat of injury
>so often now that its a meme

>its the "we'll maim you" meme

am I missing anything?
>>
>>335735268
casual's first RPG
>>
>>335740418
I agree it's a good game, but the closer it gets towards the end, the shittier it gets. Those last 3 missions... holy shit.
>>
At this point, every game I've ever liked.
>>
>>335729067
Final Fantasy VIII. I don't even think it's a good game, and I still love the hell out of it for some reason.
>>
>>335729067
>always shit
My buyer's remorse filter on Steam is literally all games that /v/ recommended at one point or another.

>Bioshock 1/2
>Alan Wake
>literally every STALKER game
>Witcher 1/2
>Deus Ex: HR
>Divinity: Dragon Commander
Objectively shit
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.