[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Every Single Invasion in Dark Souls 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 99
File: invasion.png (54 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
invasion.png
54 KB, 240x240
https://youtu.be/VyuLLKoIqX0
>>
>>335722069

>All this salt from invaderfags

Oh whats the matter you fucking babies? You can't deal with the situation now that it isn't stacked to your favor?

Fucking

CRY

ABOUT

IT

FAGGOTS
>>
>>335722374
>Needs 2 other people to help them play the game
>Criticizes other people for not being able to deal with difficulty
Time to stop posting, friend
>>
>stacked to your favor

what?

so you're telling me that 1v1 is unfair huh

stop the commie
>>
File: 1402369240884.jpg (47 KB, 330x319) Image search: [Google]
1402369240884.jpg
47 KB, 330x319
>>335722586

>Literally crying because you can't ruin someone else's game that easily anymore

CRY

ABOUT

IT

FAGGOT
>>
>>335722715
forgot to >>335722374
>>
File: alright.png (337 KB, 743x550) Image search: [Google]
alright.png
337 KB, 743x550
>>335722780
>"Ruin someone else's game"
>Calling other people a baby
>>
>>335722780
enjoy your (You) fag
>>
I just came in here to say that PvP is fucking garbage in these games. the hitboxes are like half a second behind where the player is, it's just spammy R1 R1 ROLL ROLL ROOL HEAL R1 nonsense. 90% of the backstabs and parrys pulled off successfully are just luck because of how unpredictable and shit the netcode is.

It is so rare to have a match where there is minimal jankyness going on. At least DaSII had functioning PvP.
>>
>>335722069
yea it's pretty gay .. makes invading pointless now, since i have to kill 3 dickmoons or sunfags every time i invade

fucking faggots tbqh
>>
>>335722069
You're really bad at parrying.
>>
>>335723218
Not my video, someone posted it in an invasion thread last night
>>
>facing 3 people
>expects to win and keep them at distance with a baby sword

Go ultrasword or go home
>>
>>335722069
>use red soapstone
>only 1v1 now
wow that was hard.
>>
>>335723621
>facing 3 people
>doesn't black crystal out
>>
>>335723703
I'm sure he'd complain about getting summoned into ganks.
>>
>>335723703
Nice meme, Jason.
>>
File: pot lel.jpg (6 KB, 241x209) Image search: [Google]
pot lel.jpg
6 KB, 241x209
>DARK SOULS 3 PROVES ONCE AND FOR ALL THAT INVADERS ARE SALTY KEKS THAT NEED TO 1V1 TO WIN

G I T
I
T

G U D
U
D
>>
>>335723908
keep gping bro .. get those (you)s
>>
>>335723908
someone needs to stop pot lel's destructive rampage across time and space
>>
>>335723908
I know it's bait but I just can't resist
>Implying the invaded aren't salty bitches that hate losing to better players so much they basically cheat
>>
File: 1403683761217.jpg (287 KB, 900x720) Image search: [Google]
1403683761217.jpg
287 KB, 900x720
on about invasions I may do a playthrough where I help other people with all bosses, anyone done this before? Was it fun?
>>
>>335724043
Thanks for it bro, have one too.
>>
>>335722897

If you're invading, you're actively going out of your way to ruin someone else's progress through the area

Go ahead and cry that its part of the game, I'll just repeat for the third time what I've already said :^)
>>
>>335724276
If I weren't so sure you were a troll, I'd call you a babby
>>
I win like 1 in 10 invasions. I'd like to learn to fight good but having 1v1 fights is so rare. And even then often there's lag fucking things up and host can sit in a corner hitting a wall and I still take damage.
>>
What I don't understand is why these invaders are surprised there are cocky turbo normies who will summon a squad to play the game for them and basically do anything in their power to survive a red phantom.

Just nod and move on, why complain to the world for the billionth time. This game has been released three times now and yet gank squads are still a surprising thing to you? Come on.
>>
> put down summon sign
> get summoned into a 3v1 gank
> host and phantoms spam clap and the well, what is it equivalent of dark souls 3 after they tear me a new one

ok then, good job, I guess?
>>
>>335724407

>Cannot prove his double standard argument
>"Yeah w-well you're a b-baby!!!"

Sad. Do yourself a favor and close your browser, you're done here.
>>
>invade
>get killed by two people cosplaying ornstein and smough
not even perturbed in the slightest
that made my day
>>
>>335722995
>functioning pvp
Sure, if you love hackers doing whatever fuckall they wanted, Havelyn Santier Spears, Hexes, more buffs than a Megaten game, nonbackstabable Jester tops, useless shit poise, and Chaos Blades with a dash of Rapier rape
>>
File: 3.jpg (62 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
62 KB, 800x600
>Warmth is literally the last pyromancy I have left to get
>Locked behind the second rank of Mound-Makers which requires 30 Vertebrae Shackles
>To get one I have to kill the host of a certain number of phantoms based on how many they initially have
>Try invading a bit
>Forty invasions later
>28 contained the host and three phantoms literally grinding invaders
>4 were fight clubs which meant to get a shackle I had to kill three phantoms in a row
>Only 8 were solo players to which three immediately summoned the second I came in
>Only other way to get shackles is by fighting the obnoxious red eyed skeletons in the catacombs who have like a 2% chance to drop

I just want to get Warmth. That's it. I'm not asking for people to let me win, hell, I'm fine with fighting a host and their phantom. But every time I invade a world and I'm told, "Kill the host or 3 phantoms" I just die a little on the inside.

Also, do people just go through this game with a self-esteem crew 24/7 or something? Even in normal areas that aren't known for PvP I run into large groups of phantoms basically clearing areas for the host. Do people even play these games themselves? Christ.
>>
>>335724834
I got stunlocked to death by three guys in onion armor weilding caestuses earlier today. Probably the funniest invasion I've seen to date.
>>
>>335722995
Nice selective memory. The netcode has been shit in all games.
>>
File: 1444210426588.jpg (16 KB, 419x244) Image search: [Google]
1444210426588.jpg
16 KB, 419x244
>Host a fightclub
>Couple of minutes pass, summoning random dark spirits and purple bros
>Fred Flintstone shows up out of nowhere invading me then fucks me up with a Greatclub

Ok
>>
>>335722069
nah youre just bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDz4RutbnB4
>>
>>335722995
Dark Souls pvp would be so fun if it wasn't for the delay, but it's just not going to happen
This world isn't made for nice things
>>
>trying to get the mound makers done early
>put my sign down, figure I'll try to help instead of forcing my way in to their worlds
>every host just tries fighting me right away
Stupid covenant. It didn't take long at all to get 30 vertebra shackles, but I thought I would be able to help at least one person. There's no reason for them to trust me though. Fortunately, I get something from dealing with a phantom, so ganks aren't punishing. I prefer them.
>>
Will using cheat engine to give myself a Hollow Gem get me banned? I'm sick of farming these crow niggers for them and they won't drop it for me.
>>
>>335722069
>All those twinks

Low level invading looks really shit.
>>
>>335722374
>implying they don't still twink and die to ganks
Man, I'd be mad if I gimped myself so I could later be stronger than new players only to lose to them.
>>
>>335724736
This goddamn shit, I swear to god.

>Invade someone
>Two sunbros, a dorkmoon, and the host
>All immediately charge me with spammed R1s
>Die, of course
>Start doing the point down and welcome emotes

I really don't give a shit if I die to the gank squad. But acting like you won a grand battle does make me salty. Childish, but it still gets to me.
>>
>>335722069
>only need to kill the host to win
>still can't do it
Why are you trash?
>>
>>335725024
>Also, do people just go through this game with a self-esteem crew 24/7 or something?

Yes, basically

Hell, even on here if you suggest that you really should play the first run without phantoms you get butthurt retards calling you an elitist faggot
>>
how do i get invaded?
>>
get shrekd op
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq7Xevr0Wxc
>>
>>335722374
>I summon three phantoms to help me clear areas and fight bosses
>>
Who the fuck in their right mind posts a video of themselves being shit at a video game? At least the gate thing was clever I guess.
>>
>complains about pcucks taunting an invader after gangbanging him
>taunts the 15 hp host after killing him with one rapier swing
>>
get better at the game or shut up, you sound like a feminist.
>>
>>335725024
The matchmaking specifically places you into worlds where phantoms are already present.
>>
>>335722069
Anyone else gotten the Incorrect Save Data Detected message or whatever yet? I've never even touched cheat engine this is bullshit

will a Way of White circle get me unbanned?
>>
File: 1458859760159.jpg (18 KB, 639x621) Image search: [Google]
1458859760159.jpg
18 KB, 639x621
>>335722069
Now, I played through the entire game solo. It was a good time, and I had some solid duels versus red phantoms, and it never felt like the situation was out of my control or overly traumatic or anything like that.

So, after beating the game, I decide to make a new character, and do some sweet low level pvp, since that was definitely the most exhilarating part of my first playthrough. But what I found over the 40 levels I have invaded in so far was not good old fashion, man versus man pvp fights, but something much more concerning.

Not even one player I've invaded, out of probably 70 or 80 invasions, was playing the game alone, fighting it out against the odds for the fun and the accomplishment. Every single fucker was rolling with two phantoms, usually pretty fucking twinked phantoms too, who were literally playing the host's game for them.

It's fucking embarrassing. What happened to playing the game? Why does such an overwhelming cross section of the playerbase refuse to challenge themselves, one of the most important features of this style of game, by clawing their way through the content by their wits and skill alone?

It's fucking nuts.
>>
>>335725521
use an ember and stand around
>>
>>335725487
I really don't give a shit if people summon for bosses. I prefer to do it myself the first time through personally, but whatever, bosses can be tough. But people going through just the normal areas and exploring with a three man squad clearing enemies out is baffling to me. What's the point of the game? It's basically a walking simulator.

I know everyone gets enjoyment out of these games in different ways, but the whole lonely, dangerous world aesthetic kinda goes out the window when you've got three people with Havel's running around to make sure your self-esteem stays intact.
>>
>wah its unfair
Then make it fair you dumbo.
Invade in areas where you can use the nearby mobs to your advantage
>invade the area before the ancient wyvern
>stand behind a corner and wait for the host to progress
>stab his anus while hes pelted by fireballs
>>
>invaders bitch about phantoms
>hosts bitch about invaders being sneaky and using the environment to win
>meanwhile I'm tricking people into duels by throwing down the red sign as a sunbro

wew lad
>>
>>335724710
>why complain to the world for the billionth time

Yeah, why complain when from changes things to cater to idiots? The nerve of some people. Good thing this is the last one. Just imagine dark souls 4.

>host and all his phantoms now get 100% hp boost and infinite estus
>host can now summon an unlimited number of phantoms
>invaders cannot heal by any means, including their own healing miracles
>>
>>335725024
Have you tried white/red soapstone? In my experience people who summon through them are usually looking for a fair fight.
>>
File: vXGDXD9.jpg (48 KB, 789x530) Image search: [Google]
vXGDXD9.jpg
48 KB, 789x530
>twink at SL26, +3 raw ASS, all into VIG
>+3 Avelyn because why not
>mfw I barely ever lose anymore, even against 2 phantoms + blue
>>
Where should I invade that has monsters around that at least give me a chance to fight ganksquads?
The room in cathedral before deacons fight is where I am at now.
>>
>>335725287
>3 minutes of nothing but parrying

If I wanted to watch a video of someone doing the same QTE over and over I'd look up a Ryse playthrough.
>>
>>335725521
Ember up and go somewhere known for PvP. Outside of Pontiff's boss room when you start to enter Anor Londo's ascent is an active spot.
>>
>>335725460
>>335724736
Im un-phased by that at this point, what really gets me is when they seed, have 3 phantoms, 1 being a glass cannon sorcerer who keeps spamming hcsm and wont stop fucking rolling. and I dont have atleast one person to help. And I also gotta be careful not to hit my friend while they spam away.
>>
>Every DS3 Invasion
Not all of them, just the ones with assmad faggots who forget every "decent" one and remember only the bad.
I never use Phantoms, still get Invaded, have some odd encounters.
I always play as Grape if I drop Summon Sign so there's a degree of the surprise. I kill Phantom or Host, depending.
>>
File: 1388896496598.gif (992 KB, 389x259) Image search: [Google]
1388896496598.gif
992 KB, 389x259
>>335725834
10/10 post
>>
>>335725274
>cant host fight club without a bodyguard
sometimes I just hide
>>
>>335725024
meanwhile, i played solo through the entire game without summoning a single phantom.

got invaded a grand total of 3 times. once in farron, once in irithyll dungeon and once after pontiff. i've been embered 90% of the time

i used to love the occasional 1v1 with a red :(.

where are you ? are you all teleported to narutoshinobi420death's world to fight 4v1? i thought people who said this were just trolls
>>
>>335725460
I get salty as fuck when a host kills me and gestures to the floor after I deal with all his phantoms and he has ran off to heal a bunch. He probably thinks he conquered a good player by himself, but he didn't, he killed me - a fucking idiot - after hiding behind others and almost dying a bunch. Don't gloat about that shit.
>>
>>335725772
>mobs
hello

>>335725834
>QTE
do you know what a parry is nigga?
>>
>>335725790
Tried white, I rarely get summoned and if I do I get thrown into fight clubs where I have to fight three phantoms to get a single shackle. Does red work? I thought I heard that doesn't work when gathering shackles.

>>335725709
Why? I get it if there were other phantoms out for the host, but I keep getting thrown to the four man gank squad blender.

I'm like fourteen shackles away and then I literally never have to touch PvP again.
>>
>>335725471
>hit the host
>rolls back to chug
>phantoms form a defensive line around him
>try to kill phantoms
>host gets 2 flasks for every phantom that dies
>resummons

Its possible but only if they're borderline retarded and eat parries.
>>
>>335725024
I got all my shackles invading in Catacombs and abusing the bridge. It's funny as hell. If they manage not to get fucked by the bridge falling, they have to drop down that narrow pathway. And that's if they survive the skelly horde.
>>
>>335725024

Dark Souls is a bro-op game now.
>>
>>335725287
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDz4RutbnB4
Why do people use the caestus over the parrying dagger to parry?
>>
>>335722069
Whoever made this video is fucking terrible
>>
File: 745.png (211 KB, 327x316) Image search: [Google]
745.png
211 KB, 327x316
>>335722069
>that damage on the spinning anime sword
its so useless
>>
If you want to pvp, just summon a dark spirit. Its far more civilized.
>>
>>335722069
>don't summon phantoms
>get ganked by some tryhard pvp build

>summon phantoms
>faggots cry about it on the internet

Of course I'm gonna summon phantoms if I'm human.
>>
>>335726162
caestus has 1000x more recovery preventing punishes
>>
>>335726020
I beat the game and I'm trying to just clean up spells/miracles/pyromancies. So I'm invading outside of Pontiff's bonfire since it's the most active without people constantly running to a boss door.

Tried doing it outside of the Twin Princes bonfire but I'd constantly get booted by people running for the door or ganked by a four man team since they were getting ready for a boss.
>>
>>335726278
Do you mean less recovery?
>>
>>335725793
You shouldn't be losing at all if you twink. I have a twink build at SL 20 and people usually deal chip damage, so I now just have multiple different builds for certain areas, and only use what I can easily get up to that point. It's definitely more fun, because knowing I could lose is a lot better than just definitely winning.
Remember, twinks never get good.
>>
File: 1433202415670.jpg (99 KB, 515x515) Image search: [Google]
1433202415670.jpg
99 KB, 515x515
>>335724276
>If you're invading, you're actively going out of your way to ruin someone else's progress through the area

You're damn fucking right I am. I absolutely loved causing little faggots like you to lose your shit when I invaded you and pasted you onto the fucking walls because you were too fucking terrible at the game to complete an area or boss without embering.

Ruining your fun was MY fun and I hope to god From get rid of prioritising into carebare circlejerk 3-phantom safespaces like you're used to so I can punish your fucking ass even more than I did in all the previous Souls games.
>>
>>335726087
>managed to half-accidentally parry the host
>during parry animation 3 phantoms surrounded me and then ravaged my anus
If I ever stop rolling to do anything more than a R1 attack, I get swarmed by dudes.
>>
>>335725287

while I agree with you that OP is bad, the vid you posted is about a shitter who only wins by one-hit riposte K.O.s which is just as unbalanced as having to face multiple players constantly
>>
>>335726441
>because knowing I could lose is a lot better than just definitely winning.
Oh I guess that's true to an extent, but in the end I only invade to ruin kotaku coopers and shieldraiser's day so I don't really care about having a fair fight.
>>
File: 1443488659203.jpg (41 KB, 600x615) Image search: [Google]
1443488659203.jpg
41 KB, 600x615
Do I always get a vertebra if I kill a Mound Maker?

What's stopping me from summoning some phantoms and then just killing grapes for an hour to max my mound maker without actually being a member of the covenant?

Being a grape is just retarded.
>>
>>335726323
no? more recovery. as in you can roll earlier and not get backstabbed
>>
>>335726240
You're not going to be invaded if you're playing alone. Probably.
>>
I actually love the way invasions work now. People who summon their way through the game are the most deserving of asshole invaders, and since I'm not terrible at the game I still win most of the time.

People with phantoms are often even easier to deal with for me because they tend to be reckless since they assume they can't lose.
>>
File: 1436082676077.jpg (19 KB, 406x422) Image search: [Google]
1436082676077.jpg
19 KB, 406x422
>invasion items available early
>can invade while not in Ember form
>Weapon level + Soul level instead of Soul memory or only SL
>killing Sentinel and boipucci fags gives extra rewards
Only bad thing is the lack of Blue Eye Orb. As an invader I'm enjoying DaS3 online the most. Like DeS you're given a good incentive for invading (instead of just being a late game pastime) and you're able to do it almost from the start. PvP matchmaking worked the same and preferred phantoms with hosts in previous games too, because hosts and their group are always saddled with bigger risks whenever there's an invasion.

Angry scrubs are crying about "unfair play" only because they can't dominate PvP anymore just by looking up guides and using non-scaling weapons and pyromancy like DaS1, or getting paired with lower level people who didn't spend their souls properly in DaS2. Who knew Darkwraiths were actually such pussies?

>>335726445
For an invader who seemingly says they know that PvP is not about honorable duels you sure seem passively triggered about having to fight against more than one player at once.
>>
Why are people so scared of invaders anyway? Death in these games, especially DS3, is never a big deal. Souls are nice early on, but easy to get back after a bit. Progress is never lost due to constant shortcuts. And the health bonus given from embers isn't something that would save your ass if you're already terrible at the game.

Yet god forbid I come into someone's area. I always immediately see, "Unable to summon phantom," the second I come in. I fucking awful at PvP, but even if I do somehow miraculously kill someone it's hardly a big issue in this game. Yet people seem to panic like losing to me could mean deleting their saved game. It's pathetic.
>>
>invade
>literally every single time its a group of three people

Gay. Who the fuck does this? Are you that bad at the game that you need TWO other people with you?
>>
>>335724736
Eh I won't gloat if they were summoned by a sign, but when I get invaded when I am helping my scrub ass friends, I am gloating to piss people off.
>>
>>335726535
>just as unbalanced as having to face multiple players constantly

what so you want him to chip them away as they run to heal after every two hits?
>>
>>335724276

People have like 60ish items they need to grind out for Covenants. The only alternative is killing some enemies with low drop rates again and again.
>>
>>335726719
>People with phantoms are often even easier to deal with for me because they tend to be reckless since they assume they can't lose.
This so much.
>3 man squad
>they all charge me at the same time, same angle instead of surrounding me and attacking me in turns
>mash R1 and cleave through all of them because they have no health
>>
>>335722069
>not using minmaxed aoe shit to deal with phantoms
>>
>>335726604
I want to say you only get shackles from them invading you rather than summoning them, but I may be wrong. Though if you can somehow bait grapes to invade you consistently then sure, farm the fuck out of them.
>>
>>335722780
>tfw invading as hollowed master
>still ruining people's games in rugs with no shield
>>
>>335722069
You willingly choose to interrupt someone's game, probably someone who just wants to get through an area and you get salty? Deal with it, if you want fair PvP there are fightclubs hosted litteraly 24/7 or as some anons have pointed out drop red sign.
>>
>you can summon a personal squad to hold your hand through the game
>people still want an Easy Mode
>>
>be good invader
>laugh at bad invaders
>laugh at ganks that think they got a free kill when i come in
>realize this game was made for the good players

I AM FEELING EDGY AND FRESH AS FUCK
>>
Even if I lose, I still take solace in the fact that I made the host waste estus fighting me. He would have to go onwards with less estus and hopefully die or black crystal his phantoms and go back to the bonfire.
>>
>>335726748
>who seemingly says they know that PvP is not about honorable duels

The problem is that the disadvantage that the hosts had in previous Souls games are no way near the disadvantage invaders get in 3. I don't mind a challenge whatsoever but they swung the pendulum way too far in the other direction.
>>
>>335722069
>stack young dragon ring, bellowing dragoncrest ring, scholar's candlestick, and crown of dusk
>crystal soulspear into a group of phantoms
>usually oneshot one, charge and finish off with a charge r1 or farron flashsword
that was hard
>>
>>335726178
Completely unupgraded, it can actually do well at +5
>>
>>335726940
>Want to just play the game and get through an area
>With a three man gank squad clearing the field for them

Yeah, just an innocent player trying to enjoy the game with their three other full Havel's armor friends. If we were talking about just solo players who then summon when they see they're being invaded, sure. But we're not. We're talking about people going through the majority of the game with a fucking team. There's a difference between wanting a fair fight and wanting a fight at all. 4v1 is a slaughter, not a fight most of the time.
>>
>>335722897
you know you can't be invaded if you're not embered right?
You retarded fucking anime nigger
>>
>>335722069
Frankly host in previous games got the short end stick and this was covered up with comments like git gud, and human invaders were much more imposing and challenging to human players. Invaders got all the fun and none of the fuzz.

FROM finally solved this issue by removing all the fun from invading, so no one can have fun anymore.

Thanks from, now everyone gets fucked equally. NO FUN ALLOWED.
>>
>>335726940

Poor babies can deal with losing five minutes of progress if it means I can make progress in the unavoidable hours of grinding.

The only guys I have sympathy for are the Blue Phantoms, who have their own shitty grind and even worse summoning scheme.
>>
>>335727218
git gud
>>
>>335725024
Use a trainer and give yourself those shackles. Cheat do it. Because cheathappens.
>>
File: 1445915961648.jpg (91 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1445915961648.jpg
91 KB, 612x612
>>335726940
>staying emebered when you don't want to PvP

Just jump off a cliff after every boss fight.
>>
What's the deal with people using the word "gank" when talking strictly about invaders?
>>
>>335726050
it's a QTE
>>
>Dark Souls 1 fucked up invasions by putting the invasion item behind an endgame boss so 99% of low level invasions had the invader severely outclassing the host in terms of gear and made fights entirely one-sided
>Dark Souls 2 tried to fix this but fucked up massively with soul memory and a bunch of other stupid changes without even touching on the initial problem
>Dark Souls 3 did a better job of fixing things but went way too far so now the advantage has been completely flipped over with 99% of all invasions being 3v1 ganks
>tfw we will never get a solid middle-ground
>>
>>335726596
I get the fun in that, it's nice to bully guide users and feel like you're halting the progress of some shitters, but it's hard to know who those people are. I'd rather create invasions that are like a Souls experience as opposed to just being an overpowered enemy. Even if it's something like scraping spear, it was better than shit like GiantDads. Bullying people around the levels is pretty fucking great, and being the extra pressure in certain rooms is fun as fuck, just appearing and killing them in a couple of seconds means they go back to summoning and try again.
But it's whatever you enjoy most, man.
>>
File: 20160426051045_1.jpg (669 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160426051045_1.jpg
669 KB, 1920x1080
being a grape on the high wall is pretty fun
>>
>Invade someone
>"Summoning phantom"
Sheesh, people are cowards.
>>
>>335727074
try it with obscuring ring + spook for maximum keks when you snipe the host

try soul stream as well
>>
>>335727484
all they had to do was give dark spirits full estus, the host still has the advantage with 30% more HP
>>
>>335723341
Nice try fag go shill your video somewhere else.
>>
>>335727629
My favorite is when they have two phantoms, you kill one, then they immediately sprint back to summon again. Also when they're afraid to leave the starting area even when it's 2v1.
>>
>>335727415
Or just summon an army of phantoms and make a bunch of edgy faggots cry.
>>
Aren't hosts rewarded less souls for each phantom they have? I feel like it's too small of a reduction.
>>
>Invade someone
>They have a phantom with them
>They run back to the bonfire
>Kill the phantom
>SUMMONING PHANTOM
>Kill second phantom
>SUMMONING PHANTOM
>Lose will to do this and black crystal out
>>
>>335722780
If you genuinely believe that invaders will "ruin" your game them you should either
1. Get good enough to fight them off
Or
2. Play offline

I'll be the first to admit I can't win a 1v3 but come the fuck on, if you even need two other guys to protect you then you're probably much worse than I am.
>>
I invade all the time, if they got phantoms I just stalk and harry them and pull them into mobs, y'know like we've always supposed to. Its not a duel ya dummy. You're supposed to be a dick about it.
>>
Anyone ever invade just to fill the host with dread?

I never attack anyone, I just run around and stalk the host. If the host is shitty enough they'll run out of heals before they get to the boss forcing them to continue further while playing very carefully. This is especially devilish in the Profained Capital when the host dies to toxic
>>
>invade in farron keep
>get the host out of estus
>he has almost no health left
>obviously summoned some kids for his self esteem, dont want it being shattered
>tfw been waiting for about 15 minutes, and still waiting
>>
Bowmanship is the bestmanship
>>
File: 1433172883234.png (173 KB, 450x393) Image search: [Google]
1433172883234.png
173 KB, 450x393
>>335727484
If From removed the stupid group prioritising it will be fixed instantly and 3 would have a great PvP system. There's failsafes in place to prevent twinking like weapon upgrade levels being tied to invasions and not being able to upgrade armour, I don't see what the fucking problem was just leaving it at that.
>>
>>335727806
>Invade someone
>Hide in a corner where I can see the starting area from
>Go out and buy some takeout
>Get back
>Host is still cowering with two phantoms at the bonfire
>>
File: everyone but me is stupid.jpg (71 KB, 360x403) Image search: [Google]
everyone but me is stupid.jpg
71 KB, 360x403
>Invade some EatMyAss dude twice the other night
>Invasion spawn was right next to the Stray demon, they were getting ready to fight him
>decide to be polite and let them kill the Stray Demon before starting anything by sitting down
>They decide to gank me anyways
>End up leading them to the stray demon, got killed

>Second invasion after 15 minutes, it's them again
>They're in the process of finishing off the stray demon
>They haven't found the secret path to all the crystal lizards, decide to lead them to it with Call Over and Point.
>They kept trying to attack me, even though I am clearly pointing at a path they haven't seen, so decide to go on the path myself to show them
>Point at lizard, still attacked
>Go NEXT to lizard, still attacked until they finally realize it was there
>Point up to stairs, hopefully now they have put the picture together
>NOPE, so fuck it, let them get mob rushed and miss on like two lizards as well if they're so dead set on this.
>End up getting killed because lag issues

>Second group with same criteria, except they actually looked at what I was pointing out and decided to focus on the crystal lizards before dueling with me.

I'm just trying to help, god damn.
>>
File: image.png (64 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
image.png
64 KB, 184x184
>its an "invadors bitch about summons" episode

If you reddit fags want "le honorable duel" leave your sign down or join a fight club. Otherwise shut the fuck up and deal with the fact youre getting rekt by ganks.
>>
>FAILED TO LOG IN TO SERVER
what the fuck is this bullshit garbage
>>
>>335722374
and 150 more on my other character.
it's all good bby ;^)
>>
>>335727579
If that's NG stop being a shitter.
>>
>>335727461
a QTE has a prompt and is a scripted event. Im pretty sure youre baiting.
>>
I used invasions as a method to scout the area ahead in my first playthrough. I feel like a shitter now.
>>
>>335727960
>leave sign
>summoned into a 3man "epic skillful gank that totally """""rekt"""" me"
>>
>>335727960

Most invaders don't want to PvP at all. They just have no other choice if they want achievements, unlike DS1 and DS2.
>>
>>335728030
Invading is actually so fucking easy if you just camp archdragon. Why are people so bad?
>>
>>335725487
There's a difference between saying you should never play with phantoms ever, which the elitist faggots on /v/ like to do, and just saying you shouldn't always have phantoms around.

I personally think you should only have a phantom for bosses or if the area is just that bad. Anything else is just being a pussy.
>>
File: tumblr_mn6rupoVBt1sqi85io1_400.gif (1 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mn6rupoVBt1sqi85io1_400.gif
1 MB, 300x169
>>335726445
>Shitter that enjoys ruining other peoples fun is booty blasted phantoms are ruining his fun.

This is why I taunt when gank squading.
>>
>make a twink build to fight twinks on the Wall
>smash them all because unsurprisingly twinks are shit at the game
Yes, that includes me, but somehow these people are consistently worse. Guess that's why they're twinking.
>>
>>335728071
>my Spam parry to QTE my enemy in an epic finished move is not a QTE
>>
I don't get why they felt the need to keep changing shit up
Demon's Souls was perfect. If you died, you were in soul form, which cut your health by 50%, 25% if you had the ring. If you wanted your body back, you either needed to help someone kill a boss, or kill another player. While invading someone meant you had mobs on your side, you were also disadvantaged by your low health. It was perfectly balanced.

Now when you try and invade, you're not only disadvantaged by health and less healing items, but 90% of the time the host has 2 buddies, a blueberry is coming to his rescue, seed of giants is activated, and a grapist invades and decides you're his target
>>
>Go to the Archives
>Invade
>Lead gank squad to the vat of wax
>Dunk my head in
>Completely invincible while doing this
>Just keep on doing it over and over
Git gud.
>>
File: 1458685997922.png (124 KB, 504x600) Image search: [Google]
1458685997922.png
124 KB, 504x600
>>335728197
>tumblr
what a faggot
>>
>>335728204
You can't twink in DS3.
Weapon level gets taken into account when invading.
>>
magic is best to deal with gank squads

your crystal soul spear 1 shot phantoms and they dont try dodge every spell when they have advantage

also can just hide and rape them with soul stream using obscurcing ring
>>
>>335728351
You can just not to DaS1 levels.
>>
>>335728351
You can still use lategame weapons and armor
>>
>>335728197
They're not ruining my fun whatsoever, I've stopped playing until From fix their shit.
>>
>invade a lone host
>give them a few embers and leave because they're painfully bad at pvp

If I want a duel I put down my sign. summon some people.
>>
i get it when i die gank squads taunt meand act smug, but what i dont get it when they bow and shit
like what the fuck
>>
>>335728057
oh no I know I'm a shitter, I wasn't being sarcastic, I think it's kind of funny when shit like that happens in ng
>>
>>335724153
Man, I wish I could fuck roze just so that I could assure I'd ruin the genetic output of her offspring to future generations.
>>
File: 1459955264674.gif (2 MB, 230x175) Image search: [Google]
1459955264674.gif
2 MB, 230x175
>>335728159
>farmed 99 tongues in one day at the Profaned Capital.
amazing spot for lvl 60-70 and even if you fight 1v3 don't be afraid cause most of them are retarded
>>
>>335728220
theres no prompt and you dont reset when you dont riposte.
>>
>>335728142
>They just have no other choice if they want achievements
huh? you can get all pvp items from enemy/npc drops
>>
>>335728645
ok.
>>
File: 702657911291896899.jpg (44 KB, 300x361) Image search: [Google]
702657911291896899.jpg
44 KB, 300x361
>unable to summon phantom
>invasion failed
>summoning timed out
>virtually never summoned for Blue Sentinels, Darkmoon or even Fingers
Is it me? What the fuck is up with this games netcode? Nothing works.
>>
>>335728645
underrated post
>>
>>335728351
At +3 you can invade +1s, no? I've invaded my friend, without a password, with that difference. Same SL. Also, you can use equipment you get from later in the game for a big advantage, even with Dancer's gear, at SL15, people barely sratch your HP. Again, at +3. That's ignoring any potential weapon buffs, or items I have access to in general.
Twinking is still very possible, it's just not as bad as it could be. Just play the High Wall online and you'll see almost every invader twinking to some degree.
>>
>>335726819

what I want is for the game to be less unbalanced,
for example the riposte already does enough damage after 2 hits, the 3rd one does as much has the other 2 combined and is absolute overkill, ending every encounter after parrying just once, making any other strategy for melee fighting superfluous
>>
>>335726445
wew
>>
>>335728730
with their drop rate you get them faster doing pvp even if you're shit at it
>>
File: 20160427174842_1.jpg (621 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160427174842_1.jpg
621 KB, 1920x1080
>guy invades me after Pontiff
>literally just waits for me to come to him with enemies around
Why the fuck do people do this? It's just a waste of both of our time.
>>
>>335722069
holy shit how can you be so tactically retarded? I've done a lot of 1vs2s and won most of them. You just have to git gud.
>>
File: OH MY GOD.jpg (7 KB, 222x227) Image search: [Google]
OH MY GOD.jpg
7 KB, 222x227
>>335728636
They are obviously showing respect, you put up a fight even in such a disadvantaged situation.
>>
File: 1386845560524.gif (424 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
1386845560524.gif
424 KB, 267x200
>>335722069
>mfw sacred flame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JidA5vsBvxg
>>
>>335722069
this invader fucking sucks he rolled strait into his opppnent so many times, and got himself killed because of it. Fucking horrible to watch a shit player play
>>
>>335728641
Oh, whoops, I thought you were the twink. It's late and I'm an idiot, not a good combination.
>>
>everyone you invade is a nigger useing the memeist fucking stunlock nigger sword in the game
>L E DARK SWORD xDDDD
>Every single nigger you invade has 3 fucking phantoms clearing the entire game for him because he's a fucking redditor
good game
good fucking game
it's so fucking bad
>>
>>335728957
those guys are dead except two in the back
>>
>>335728971
It wouldn't have went any better if he kept backing away
>>
>>335729105
why are you like this
>>
File: 1459033361605.jpg (34 KB, 654x639) Image search: [Google]
1459033361605.jpg
34 KB, 654x639
>>335729221
Doing god's work, Anon.
>>
File: 2.jpg (53 KB, 300x413) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
53 KB, 300x413
>>335729105
>Invade a bunch of straight sword R1 shitters
>mfw I'm using Drang Twinspears with Leo Ring
>>
File: 1458518024560.gif (189 KB, 255x320) Image search: [Google]
1458518024560.gif
189 KB, 255x320
>>335728527
>not ruining my fun
>I've stopped playing

JESUS FUCK I LOVE IT
>>
File: 1443395011404.gif (1 MB, 260x195) Image search: [Google]
1443395011404.gif
1 MB, 260x195
>People who invade can only fight 1v1 and get triggered when they have to fight multiple targets at once.
>>
>mfw everytime OP dies it's because he rolled into something like a retard
>>
>>335728957
if you are a fag and have a summon, I'll wait there for as long as it takes for an aldrich bro/another phantom to arrive. Your fault for not actually trying to kill me, idiot.
An invader hiding when the host is completely alone is probably a really shitty invader.
>>
>>335728030
Whats the one between the tongues and shackle? I dont think Ive encountered that one yet
>>
>>335729140
>GET HIT ONCE
>LOOKS LIKE YOURE GETTING HIT SEVEN TIMES
>OH AND IM USING CHEAT ENGINE xDPPDP
>>
>>335728957
You gotta make progress sometime, and I don't think you have the patience to wait out the 40 minute phantom limit.
>>
File: 1461610330560.jpg (448 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1461610330560.jpg
448 KB, 1280x720
pvp is for retards, real players focus on speedrunning
>>
>>335729105
The most neo /v/ generation Z millennial post ever made.
>>
File: 1429493871229.jpg (23 KB, 580x325) Image search: [Google]
1429493871229.jpg
23 KB, 580x325
>>335729325
>Dark Souls III is the only video game that is fun

Don't worry champ, I'll have plenty of fun at your expense when the little flatfaces at From finally realise how much they've fucked up PvP and fix their mess. I'm a patient man, I can wait.
>>
File: nofun.jpg (31 KB, 221x272) Image search: [Google]
nofun.jpg
31 KB, 221x272
I think the whole PVP/summons issue could be fixed like this

>hosts can still do what they currently do, heal or use the estus they have
>summons have no estus, can only use healing miracles or a warmth
>invaders get 1/4 the amount of estus they have in their own world, can also use warmth and miracles

that would probably clean shit right up
>>
>>335729548
JUST GO AHEAD AND CLEAR OUT THESE MOBS JAMAL THANK YOU
>>
As an invader, I don't mind that there's usually a phantom with a player. Hell, it's expected 90% of the time now. What does bother me though is that the host can potentially not only get more than one phantom but if he's a Way of Blue, there will almost always be a Blue faggot coming in to help him even in the middle of dealing with 2 other people. It gets a little ridiculous sometimes but it's pretty gratifying to win those types of match ups.
>>
>>335728871
thats the hornet ring my friend. and that fucking axe weighs 19 units so I gotta use havels +2 and FaP +2 if I wanna hold all that shit and still be wearing some nice armor. also

>making any other strategy for melee fighting superflous

When youre getting ganked? r1 can help in certain circumstances. but if you only rely on r1 then youre getting fucked since you cant parry heals like in bloodborne. there are really good weapon arts however that chase down and stunlock for a lot of damage.
>>
File: 7SxUBH1.gif (2 MB, 388x314) Image search: [Google]
7SxUBH1.gif
2 MB, 388x314
>>335729558
Yes the tears are delicious.
>>
>>335729548
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials
read this
>>
>>335729423
Forked pale tongue. You get it by killing blues and is worth two pale tongues
>>
>>335729582
Yeah maybe if the summons were only there to fight invaders and didn't have to go through the zone and boss afterwards.
Meanwhile us reds can just waltz right up to the party and get a couple scratches in so they waste all their estus.
>>
>>335729774
Oh, neat. if only they ever showed up past like ferron's keep
>>
What IS content
something that is cleared while I sit and eat my cheeseburger by my 3 yellow sunbros
PRAISE THE SUN BREH Yeaaaah brofist
>>
>>335729496
>40 minute
nope, no limit anymore

>>335729221
amazing. keep it up.
>>
>>335729752
>Falling for a Jewish temptress

Wew lad good job.
>>
>>335727374
Don't you get softbanned for that?
>>
>>335729752
>enjoys eating shit
>pretending he's drinking anything but anon's cum
oh dear
fucking delusional millenial
>>
>>335729848
They show up every time I invade in any area
>>
>>335725024
Yfw you need 25 Faith to even use it.
>>
>>335729839
Wasn't it always like that before, though?

ds 1 and 2 had phantoms that could only heal with warmths/miracles or by popping humanities, didn't they?
>>
>>335730031
DaS2 probably had the best system for it by blocking phantom healing when there's an invader.
DaS1 had you heal whenever the host did.
>>
>>335729936
Go offline.
>>
I do okay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaOP1i9LdKg
>>
>>335725024
Also, I don't get the kill phantoms thing. No joke - three times this morning I invaded as a Maker. Killed the stated number of phantoms and didn't get anything. I had to get the host before I was sent home accomplished.

Is this a bug or something?
>>
>invade
>host has 2 phantoms
>they all stay by bonfire won't come near enemies
>they seed me
>they r1 spam me to death

Even when I get a parry the other two r1 spam me out of my riposte, invasions in this game fucking suck. I can handle a group in the other games fine because the combat actually require some skill, but now r1 spam is objectively the best way to play and is guaranteed win. This is true for PvE as well.
>>
>>335730146
I'm tempted to do it just to get my proof of concord kepts. No way in hell I'm farming knights for 10 hours straight.

Where do I get a trainer?
>>
>invade someone
>host has four other fucking red phantoms
>end up PvPing against other red phantoms for funsies
>die anyway
It was fun.
>>
File: 20160427180527_1.jpg (296 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160427180527_1.jpg
296 KB, 1920x1080
>summoning a Grape to help you out with enemies
wew lad
>>
>>335728960
amateur, I win every invasion and they're always 1v5. Did I mention I'm also blindfolded the whole time and also my monitor is turned off
>>
>start invasion
>host with 2 phantoms
>it's going well
>then everyone just stay in line and spam parry
>host rush at me
>he almost die
>then phantom parry me
>get stab
>die like a bitch
i'm not even mad but the host was fucking stupid
>>
I don't understand the Mound Makers covenant, if their reward is for killing in another world then why do I need to kill 3 phantoms just for one sonetimes? Why don't I get one for each kill? It's stupid. Besides that, if I'm invaded by another and kill them in my world I get one then, but if I summon them and win I don't. Who came up with these inconsistent fucking rules?
>>
>>335730217
>guaranteed win
use a halberd or UGS and you can hit all 3 or 4 of them at the same time. seed works in your favour actually as you can lure the enemies to them and then the aggro will change.
>>
>>335730326
literally just google "dark souls 3 cheat engine"
I'm warning you though, nobody has figured out how the anti-cheat works yet, so while I've gone offline and spawned in stuff and I'm still fine, there could be a day where the banhammers start coming in waves.
>>
is it even possible to lose with Havel's shield?
The answer is no. Greatshields are retardedly overpowered
>>
>>335722069
It sucks getting ganked but once you get good enough its not so bad

On all of my characters together I probably have close to like 300 tongues from successful invasions
>>
>>335729768
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Z
read this
>>
>>335730326
If you're still worried about getting banned because as >>335730528 said, they may do it in waves, fextra are doing a darkmoon event on friday so people can get concords
>>
So how long will the online be active on PC?

I'm getting it as soon as i finished my finals, which is 3 months away
>>
>>335730428
Yeah that covenant fucking sucks. There's really no incentive to even summon Mound makers, cause their only goal is to kill the host (and usually the gank squad)
>>
>>335730828
The other games were active for years
>>
>still have INVALID GAME DATA

JUST
>>
File: 20160427034055_1.jpg (673 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160427034055_1.jpg
673 KB, 1920x1080
>ganking that road right before the final boss
>running up to invaders as they spawn and trapping them in with 2 phantoms
>invaders start black crystaling out every time they join my game

I must've done this for 3 hours last night and got around 5 million souls. Why do you people insist on invading a road that's right before a boss that has no mobs on it? We ended up turning into a fight club and any rule breaking meant you would be ganked by my phantom posse. One regular in our world saw the other dude estus so he just waved to him as the phantoms moved in to punish.

I really miss fightclubs in DS2 why can't we have that again? Nobody is going to do it since there's no ember reward.
>>
File: 1461627257723.jpg (188 KB, 800x578) Image search: [Google]
1461627257723.jpg
188 KB, 800x578
>>335722069
>estoc
>>
>>335730828
years
>>
>>335730828
considering its the final game and it drew in a lot of new players, probably for a while.

you'll be fine
>>
>>335729936
I hope not, I added 2 Hollow Gems to my inventory after killing 100 screaming crowfag mages and getting nothing.
>>
>>335724276
You are calling an integrated part of the game something that "ruins" it. It's there to be used, and you can easily play offline to avoid it. People aren't going out of their way to invade you personally, some people are just trying to unlock rewards that have been locked behind these covenants.
>>
>>335730942
Makers get rewarded for red and white (never ran into a blue) kills too. If i am summoned as a Maker, I avoid host until red shows up, or I get tired of waiting and ambush host.
>>
>>335725024
Tongues and shackles were easy for me to get. Sorry you're having such a rough time with pvp. If you get summoned into a 3v1 try avoiding the host and his friends and wait it out until a 2nd invader shows up. Worked most of the time for me. Also that ring from Rosaria's is amazing when you need to play patiently and wait for a good moment to go on the offensive.
>>
>>335730776
>fextra are doing a darkmoon event on friday
What kind of event? Any more info?
I'd rather participate in an event than cheat if that's possible so do you have any more info like where and when and so on.
>>
>>335730994
>I really miss fightclubs
Have you been outside pontiffs area? That shit is ripe with signs

However, i was running into FC's frequently about 2/3 days ago but now there seems to be fucking none (SL100)
>>
>never ember up
>never get invaded
How do people not understand this?
>>
>>335730994
U r so kewl DaS2 was my first and fav as wel! :D upboat
>>
>>335730994
I like to do it just for the fuck of it
>>
>>335730683
Bleed is the only viable counter I can think of.
>>
>>335731163
http://fextralife.com/forums/t53015/f83/night-of-the-darkmoons-community-event/
>>
File: 1459004537469s.jpg (2 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1459004537469s.jpg
2 KB, 125x125
>invading catacombs for shits and grins
>never really attacking, just running into their field of view and then running away if they get hostile
>if they realize I only attack as a last resort to defense and leave me be I just putz around with them to the end and bid them farewell at the fog wall as friends
>if they decide to be absolute cunts and hunt me down despite my friendly disposition I dash to the bridge and chameleon near the rope
75% of the time the fucking idiots run from the skelly swarm and dash across the bridge.

Enjoy the fall you cocks.
>>
>want to play embered without being hassled
Play offline

>want to co-op
Then you get to deal with the game balancing feature that is invaders

I literally don't understand the people that bitch about invading.
>>
>>335731183
some people kill bosses
some people won't die to every mob
>>
File: 4.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>335731183
>he's still stuck on gundyr
>>
>>335731168
I get into fightclubs alot and I'm SL130. I am in NG+ though. I think alot of people are around SL 120 - 140 since you can almost max all stats you want for your build around that level.
>>
is this game multiplayer? like you can do the whole thing with friends?
>>
>>335731389
bit hard to do with specific friends but it is multiplayer.
>>
File: 1450748419956.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1450748419956.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>335731183
>>335731330
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (107 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
107 KB, 1280x720
>>335725024
major tip for all moundmakers: If there is another Grape invading the host, KILL HIM FIRST. Do not gang up on the host.

If you kill the grape, you get a shackle. If your goal was "Kill one phantom or host", you get TWO (2) shackles at once.

Potentially, you could get 4 shackles in one invasion by killing 3 grapes.

If you rush at the host then, at best, you get 1 shackle.
>>
>>335726060
if you end up in a fight club, leave just keep trying till you get duels
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 99

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.