[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Minecraft a good game that has been ruined by the fanbase,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: minecraftbetasnapshot.jpg (155 KB, 960x574) Image search: [Google]
minecraftbetasnapshot.jpg
155 KB, 960x574
Is Minecraft a good game that has been ruined by the fanbase, or was it bad from the start?
>>
>>335718586
It was aight, it had potential.

Fanbase guaranteed that it would never ever be good.
>>
Great game. Nearly every board has a few people who play it. If only /a/, /r9k/ and /pol/ weren't such faggots.
>>
I'd say it's still a decent game. Haven't played for like, the past three major updates, but it's still pretty good. You just have to steer clear of the tismos and children. Get a group of buds, play together. It's nice.
>>
Minecraft is simply an incomplete game being held down by the casuals.
>>
I kind of wish the terraria guy took over.

All it needed was a bunch of cool loot to craft and legendary bosses to kill (also spoopy dungeon) but all it has going for it is a bunch of meme monsters and a shit dragon.
>>
Had potential to be something really great, was squandered.
>>
The fanbase has nothing to do with how the game is. It's not as if all of multiplayer is played on a single server.

The combat is the most shallow in any game, and it's not really deep in any other manner.
>>
>tfw slowly forgeting about the fanbase
maybe I should play it again
>>
>>335718586
Play with close friends or by yourself and the autistic fanbase has no affect on you.
>>
>>335718586

Still waiting on those handheld lanterns.
>>
Someone post the video
You know the one. You can hear his scream in your dreams
>>
>>335718586
It was more popular than it should be.
>>
>>335719573
>wanting to force lighting updates all the time
There are mods that add mobile light sources and it fucking tanks the fps
>>
Was fun in the beginning but like most survival crafting stuff it doesn't hold interest.
I can't even log in anymore, forgot my password and can't redownload it. I bought it when you still needed to PayPal it from Sweden/Norway/Vikingland.
>>
>>335719670

It was virtual legos, how could it not be? Wish Mojang was a public company so I could buy shares in it.
>>
things to make minecraft better
>higher texture resolution (fuck Java and fuck low end hardware)
>better water physics, aka actual water pressure
>concentrate the game on one general theme rather than having it a bunch of unrelated features thrown together
>>
>>335719659
[AUTISTIC WARCRY]
>>
Had potential. If they tried to improve the original concept further and actually fix the game's issues, it would be great.

Instead they're catering to a demographic that bought the game with mommy's credit card.

There's a number of great mods, too bad the modding scene for Minecraft turned into one big E-peen fight in recent times.
>>
>>335718586
How does the fanbase ruin a game ?
You either like it and play it or not. Screw other people.
>>
It was good before they added hunger.
>>
>>335719414
>>335719336

Combination of these. It was never a "bad" game, just a game that promised way more than it could ever deliver, and then became "the worst thing ever" when none of those promises were delivered and the new fanbase took over.
>>
>>335719862
>Water pressure in minecraft
why
>>
>>335718586
If notch was never lazy and didn't go on a million vacations, i gaurantee you we woulda had a different game than the garbage we have now.
>>
>tfw no popular civ servers with good modpacks and decent rules

feels bad man
>>
File: 1450323520928.jpg (29 KB, 480x446) Image search: [Google]
1450323520928.jpg
29 KB, 480x446
>>335718586
>nice smooth atmosphere
>comfy music
>always make a stone sword first then make a wooden sword just to get the achivement
>build long-ass railroad to rare biome a fuckton miles away from house
>always lagged on my toaster
>install gun mods, aether, and other shit

I would be lying if I said this wasn't one of the best games I've ever played. Times were better unlike right now.
>>
>>335718586
Bad from the start. Could've been fixed but le ebin vacationman didn't want to do that.
>>
Never played it in its prime, bought it last year.
Just now dling it
Are the shields and cooldown fun?
>>
It was and is a good game, getting better over time. Sure, there's awkward priorities to quell the more vocal and autistic players, but the core mechanics remain unchanged.

A strong, systems-driven game with effective tiers of materials based on scarcity, designed by an effective map generator. Flexible enough to allow multiple play styles to be served, without any rules explicitly serving them.

The 'problem' is that such a good game attracts a wide range of people, so there's a bunch of ding dongs in addition to the usual devoted crowd. Play with friends or on more selective servers, and that's not a concern any more.
>>
>>335721287

I think they're a great counter for skeleton archers. Probably more useful in the Nether.
>>
File: 1461427864093.png (273 KB, 517x396) Image search: [Google]
1461427864093.png
273 KB, 517x396
>>335718586
It's a good game, if you play it for the first time you think it's one of the best games ever made but after a few hours you've seen the entire game and the magic starts to wear off. Also a fanbase doesn't determine if a game is good or bad if the game has a singleplayer mode.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.