[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So which are you going to get /v/? Overwatch seems far more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: overborn[1].jpg (133 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
overborn[1].jpg
133 KB, 720x405
So which are you going to get /v/?

Overwatch seems far more focused on multiplayer (is that fair?) and will probably be supported for a lot longer.
>>
I may give overwatch a go.
>>
Battleborn is an enigma. It had so little marketing that I didn't know it was a MOBA until I tried it in the open beta.

That being said
>60 dollar
>moba

No thanks, haven't tried Overwatch yet so I can't judge it.
>>
>>335716191
I'd rather play Paladins. It's free and there more qt's
>>
>>335716793

You get what you pay for. Also Paladins is Hi-Rez so it'll be unsupported within a year after they realize their shitty knockoff can't compete with Overwatch.
>>
>>335716793

Also fuck that card system
>>
File: drogoz.jpg (145 KB, 1585x886) Image search: [Google]
drogoz.jpg
145 KB, 1585x886
>>335716793
>more qt's
definitely
>>
Overwatch
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRnLn7-1Bss&feature=youtu.be

Related
>>
>>335716793
>>335717042
>>335717118
>>335717147

It has QTs?

whens it out?

i have heard nothing about paladins.
>>
>>335717042
>Also Paladins is Hi-Rez so it'll be unsupported within a year
the only game they dropped was global agenda
>>
File: 1456639664277.jpg (8 KB, 284x339) Image search: [Google]
1456639664277.jpg
8 KB, 284x339
>>335717681

I have a key for you if you really want to try it out and be disappointed. Dont get me wrong im still having some fun but Im not giving them any money and prob will stop playing it when overwatch comes out
>>
I want to say both but after playing the battleborn beta it's hard for me to justify spending $60 on it. I don't understand why so many characters are locked.
>>
>>335718004
>I don't understand why so many characters are locked.
Locking most characters behind time barriers is "content", anon!
get with the times!
>>
>>335717828

They recently picked this back up with a very small amount of developers making minimalistic balance changes but Tribes was silently abandoned for a good few years after a similar life span to Global Agenda. Honestly given the games state it may as well have remained completely abandoned.

I suspect the only reason they didn't do the same with Smite was because of that games resounding success.
>>
I played the Battleborn open beta, thought huh, this is ok. Wait, it's not free to play? £40 for this? What the fuck?
>>
>>335718474

Pretty sure a few months after release it will go F2P
>>
>>335717681

Not sure when its out for good but I was given beta access a long time ago so the keys are out there. It's basically Hi-Rez's response to paladins with a few of its own moba elements ala card based stat modifications and mounts.

Watch their original footage of the game around the time Overwatch was first gaining traction and you'll see that most of their character designs are just knock offs of Overwatch characters with less originality wrapped up in a much lower quality shooter.
>>
>>335718410
I just don't understand the hate.
They kept the game's servers open, and provided more than one update.

That's plenty more updates than the 1 (one) update Tribes 2 got, and yet I don't see people RREEEEing at Sierra for failing to provide dozens of update and then shutting down the servers.
>>
>>335718761

You'd understand it more if you were involved with the game before it was abandoned. Basically they were pretty bad at listening to player feedback, they introduced glaring balance issues with some of the micro-transaction weapons they added which were never fixed, (or were only fixed towards the end of the games official support) then they just silently dropped the game off the face of the earth one day, literally going completely silent on Tribes with no statement because "smite" and they just left their consumers in the dirt. Then three or so years later a few people from Hi-Rez returned to the practically dead game to talk about balance.

In my case I got burned a lot harder by Hi-Rez from this because I was also someone who really enjoyed Global Agenda, so this was twice that this relatively new company had fucked me in the same way.

tl;dr, too little, too late.
>>
>>335716191
Im getting overwatch but only as a casual multiplayer fps game as I dont have one
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.