[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Levels that unnerve you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: Tr2greatwall001.jpg (243 KB, 900x720) Image search: [Google]
Tr2greatwall001.jpg
243 KB, 900x720
ITT: Levels that unnerve you
>>
why
>>
File: 1353008709722.jpg (404 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1353008709722.jpg
404 KB, 960x960
>>335715254
>mfw as a kid I never got past the first pit with the tiger because I didn't know how to climb out
Boy I sure was retarded when I was a kid, but then again, I had a whole bin of burned CDs, so I didn't feel no remorse about it.
>>
>>335715407
>first level
>boobytraps
>spike walls
>the two dinosaurs
>>
all of tomb raider unnerved the shit out of me. As soon as I fell thru a trap door I'd just turn the fucking thing off. not even gonna hang around and see what's down there
>>
worst is when a bear comes outta nowhere. or there's tigers on the floor and u miss a jump and fall dowm
>>
File: Shady_cabin.jpg (58 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Shady_cabin.jpg
58 KB, 800x600
Not a level but you know what I mean.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1 MB, 1366x768
>>335715963
>tfw you need to swim to find the ship before you drown
>sharks are constantly nibbling at your toes
>the entrance to the ship is hidden away and the wreck is huge
>tfw if the game was made today it wouldn't have any of this
>>
File: 1461200102871.jpg (14 KB, 214x233) Image search: [Google]
1461200102871.jpg
14 KB, 214x233
>>335716347
>age of San Andreas bullshitting and myths
>flying car around the woods
>fucking HEAR a chainsaw running and see something moving below, accidentally shoot past it
>try to swerve around and get back to where it was
>can't find it
>pissed as all absolute fuck
>>
File: MalachorV.jpg (38 KB, 458x273) Image search: [Google]
MalachorV.jpg
38 KB, 458x273
Something about this place always creeps me out when I play it. Either the soundtrack, the beasts, or the environment itself.

Not like it matters, you're gonna bludgeon everything to death immediately.
>>
>>335715407
my
>>
Tomb raider may as well have been real to me as a kid. It was so fucking realistic. I was coming from genesis and suddenly we had voice acting and she really looked and acted like a real person. To the extent where I had a crush on lara croft and actually drew pictures of her. it was a confusing time 4 me. her ponytail moved and everything

It made everything in that game so much more horrific. it was like having a real trex in my living room
>>
>>335718691
Fake af. You have no idea how many fucking hundreds of hours Ive spent in the woods trying to find shit. It even broke my PS2 just leaving it on for so long.
>>
>>335719159
peenus
>>
>>335719756
That's the entire reason I was pissed. I couldn't get any proof of it so of course nobody would fucking ever believe me.
>>
I think we're all more or less giving the same testimony about tomb raider. The entire first and second game consistently scared the living shit out of me, even when nothing was going on. Must have been something about being entirely alone in a cold, stark environment where everything was trying to kill you. Plus the constant vulnerability implicit in the camera and control system.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.