[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nintendo have been selling Wii U consoles on the false promise
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 25
File: HNI_0005.jpg (13 KB, 250x138) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0005.jpg
13 KB, 250x138
Nintendo have been selling Wii U consoles on the false promise of this game for 3 years, and have ultimately sacrificed those customers for the future NX market.

If you bought a Wii U I feel sorry for you. If you still feel enough loyalty towards Nintendo to be excited for the NX then wtf is wrong with you?
>>
Bayonetta 2 is the goat thou.
>>
>>335711201
>buying a console for 1 game
>>
>>335710915
It's like when I bought a PS3 under the idea that we'd get Kingdom Hearts 3 on it.
I don't mind, I found a bunch of other games on the console that I enjoyed. That being said, I can't deny that Nintendo is dropping the fucking ball. The only way to repair this current situation is to have a mighty selection of launch/first year titles for the NX.
>>
Sony have been selling PS3 and PS4 consoles on the false promise of this game for 9 years, and have ultimately sacrificed those customers for the future PS4.5 market.

If you bought a PS3 or PS4 I feel sorry for you. If you still feel enough loyalty towards Sony to be excited for the PS4.5 then wtf is wrong with you?
>>
>>335711567
Doesn't mean it's okay for Nintendo to pull the same shit.
>>
I bought a wiiu for Bayonetta 2.
I got mine on a new egg fire sale for 270.
It came with 3 games.
Splatoon is my number one game with the most hours.
I was never excited for Zelda since SS was so shitty.
Owning a wiiu was fun, sorry you forgot what fun was like.
>>
>>335711540
Or a PS3/TLOU because TLOU was promised to be PS3 exclusive.
>>
>>335711691
>it's ok when sony does it
lol
>>
>>335711784
It isn't okay for ANYBODY to do it.

Why the fuck do you think most of the people on this board treat consoles as a joke?
>>
>>335711691
difference is Zelda is still coming out for the WiiU
Last Guardian is never coming to the PS3
>>
>>335711861
>le pc memer
how's that half life 3 going buddy?
>>
File: Final_Fantasy_XV_Logo.png (1 MB, 1920x1230) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_XV_Logo.png
1 MB, 1920x1230
Sony have been selling PS3 and PS4 consoles on the false promise of this game for 10 years, and have ultimately sacrificed those customers for the future PS4.5 market.

If you bought a PS3 or PS4 I feel sorry for you. If you still feel enough loyalty towards Sony to be excited for the PS4.5 then wtf is wrong with you?
>>
>>335712208
>>335711567
All that damage control from nintenyearolds
>>
File: tfw you bought a Wii U.jpg (42 KB, 726x773) Image search: [Google]
tfw you bought a Wii U.jpg
42 KB, 726x773
>>335710915
mfw idort
mfw i bought a wii u for Wonderful 101
mfw i played a lot of great games and still play Sm4sh more than any game I own

Nintendo does need to get their shit together though
>>
File: 1450420051362.png (287 KB, 949x1012) Image search: [Google]
1450420051362.png
287 KB, 949x1012
>>335712368
>don't dare you talk about my company here! this is a safe space for sonybronies!!!!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Despite statements to the contrary, Nintendo was not ready for the Wii U. They had all the ideas for the games without the ability to make the jump into HD seamless. The Wii died with a year without games to set up Wii U's launch, and almost every major project got held back for polish because Nintendo didn't know how to HD. 3D world needed to be a launch title, hell Wind Waker should have been too since it was a HD toolset test, Pikmin 3, Mario Kart 8, and Star Fox Zero were all delayed, and I'm sure additional games are being kicked up to NX because long dev cycles. Smash should have come out a year earlier, but we know about Sakurai and his autism. Hopefully all of this means they've learned how to make these games now, but they should have taken more steps to be prepared back then if they literally have to delay a game 6 months for graphical polish.

I got a lot of fun out of my Wii U. It reminds me of the GameCube in how much potential and fun was there despite being a disappointment in sales. But I don't want this to happen again. They need a strong launch, they need to continue partnering for games, and they need to attract third parties through sheer sales and have the momentum of games carry the sales. If that means the next year is barren for Wii U, so be it. It happens, especially with Nintendo. But if we get a shitty first year with the NX there's no excuse for it.

Also someone just take the IP reins out of Miyamoto's hands. Have him consult but just fucking have teams working every IP at this point, rather than waiting for him to be inspired.
>>
It's a handheld port.

Get over it.
>>
>>335710915
People who buy a console before even knowing the release date of the game they are supposedly 'BUYING IT FOR' deserve to be swindled. Buy it when you know it's fucking coming out.
>>
>>335711861
>Why the fuck do you think most of the people on this board treat consoles as a joke?

From where I'm sitting they take them pretty fucking seriously.
>>
File: SEVEN YEAR PRE ORDER.jpg (14 KB, 442x150) Image search: [Google]
SEVEN YEAR PRE ORDER.jpg
14 KB, 442x150
>>335710915

at least it's sill coming to the Wii U

ps3 owners didn't get so lucky
>>
>>335713059
>They had all the ideas for the games without the ability to make the jump into HD seamless
stopped reading right there
>>
If you ever buy a console on the promise of future games, you're an idiot.

Guess I shouldn't expect more from consoletards though.
>>
>>335710915
>Nintendo have been selling Wii U consoles on the false promise of this game for 3 years, and have ultimately sacrificed those customers for the future NX market.

This is exactly what happened to me with Twilight Princess. I stuck with that piece of shit Gamecube for years and for nothing. Haven't bought a Nintendo game or console ever since. Now I feel vindicated in my prejudice.
>>
>bought a wii u for mh, zelda, metroid and Smash Bros
>got 3D world, a port of MH3U and literally nothing else, Smash 4 is dogshit
why do people still like Nintendo again?
>>
>>335710915
It's like when everyone wanted SNES and GBA games on the 3DS, and neither appeared on the system for years. Then finally SNES games appear, but SURPRISE! They're N3DS exclusive, and now their excuse for them not working on the OG 3DS is different from the excuses they were originally making.

When developers created the 15th anniversary of Sonic the Hedgehog for the GBA, it was so butchered, that it was barely playable, and the music used different instruments, which sounded like a downgrade no less. Then some highschool not only near flawlessly ports Sonic the Hedgehog to the GBA, but he even adds Knuckles as a playable character and it's done in 2 weeks.

The same goes for porting GBA games to the 3DS. Nintendo's staff claims they haven't found a suitable way to emulate GBA games, and have given up. But I am sure that some second rate programmer who never finished college, living in his mom's basement, with a couple years worth of personal experience could whip something up in as little as a year, and that's just if he works by himself, with a busy time schedule.
Maybe that's not how it works, I don't really know. But 15th anniversary Sonic the Hedgehog has shown us that in house programmers are so incompetent, that high schoolers and college kids are capable of doing a better job.
>>
>>335714913

Yeah it really sucks that they cancelled the GC version of TP and forced people to buy a Wii in order to play it. Now they're doing the same thing with the Wii U Zelda, holy shit what a bunch of cunts.

Actually, that's not the case at all, kill yourself retard.
>>
>>335710915
1 I feel jipped
2 I wont be interested in the NX any time soon
3 If they release an updated Smash4 for the NX I will flip
>>
Reminder that the Wii U will be the first Nintendo console ever to not have a mainline Zelda title of it's own
Truly the worst Nintendo console ever released.
>>
>>335710915
Not buying an NX, I'm done with Nintendo. Enjoyed my Wii U well enough, more than my 3DS to be honest. But Sony is killing it with the PS4 and it's what all my friends play, so I'm sticking to PS4 from now on.
>>
>>335714913
Nintendo have been lying through their fucking teeth about this game for 3 years to their loyal customers. I for one will not be buying an NX
>>
>>335711321
Isn't that what was implied in the OP you stupid cunt
>>
File: 1455678411770.jpg (154 KB, 1430x1073) Image search: [Google]
1455678411770.jpg
154 KB, 1430x1073
>>335710915
Same thing happened with PS3 users and The Last Guardian.

Brand loyalty at its worst
>>
>>335715673
>inferior game delayed multiple times for NX dual release
>not a travesty
>>
>>335713301
>>335712069
console plebs detected
>>
>buying a console for zelda

lmao i didn't know there were people out there who are legitimately this retarded
>>
>>335710915
>If you bought a Wii U I feel sorry for you
I don't need you to feel sorry for me anon, I got more than enough use out of it. As it stands I play my Wii U and PC more than my PS4 and that's not likely to change until Persona 5 comes out
>If you still feel enough loyalty towards Nintendo to be excited for the NX then wtf is wrong with you?
>Being excited for something that hasn't been seen or released
>Not being cautiously hyped/optimistic instead
>>
>>335717851
who bought it for zelda?
I bought it for splatoon, 3D World, Mario Kart, Pikmin, Tropical Freeze, Smash and mario maker. I do not regret it.
>>
>>335710915
>If you bought a Wii U I feel sorry for you.

That's okay, I bought my Wii U on the very-much-fulfilled promises of Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros.
>>
>>335717851
Nethertheless, Nintendo have twice flat out promised that the game would come out in a given year and TWICE gone back on that. The fact that Zelda Wii U is playable at e3 is the icing on the cake of a royal cucking that Nintendo are treating the fans who kept its miserable console going to.
>>
>>335711321
>what is bloodborne
>>
>>335710915
So wait, is it not coming out on the Wii U?

Oh it is.

Guess they kept their promise.

Real question: Did anyone ACTUALLY buy a Wii U for Zelda? Like SOLELY for Zelda?
>>
>>335710915
fuck nintendo I'm done. I hope they do a sega at this point.
>>
>>335719086
>inferior version two years late
yeah, that's good customer service.
>>
>>335718561
>Smash Bros
but you'll get a full goty edition remastered version of this complete with all DLC on NX anon.
>>
>>335710915
Nintendo betraying their fans is nothing new.
>>
>>335718396
many did. Don't kid yourself.
>>
>>335710915
I'm one of them. I can't believe it was an even bigger waste of money than the Wii
>>
zelda u wont be good. nintendo has lost "it"
>>
>>335710915

>implying I cared about zelda u

I haven't cared for the series since SS. It's literally my most hated game
>>
>>335722212
The wii had games, though. Or are you one of those poor saps that thought you'd be getting an F-Zero revival, Super Metroid 2, and/or Star Fox?
>>
>>335722303
>I haven't cared for the series since SS.
So, since the last game?
>>
>>335722462
I did think that. I was a fool and fell for the hy'pe. Bad.
>>
>FFXV
>KH3
>TLG
>Zelda U
Any more games to add to the list of games companies tricked consumers into buying a system for?
>>
>>335712446
>The Wonderful 101
This. I've never been more happy of a purchase since Lost Planet 2.
>>
>>335710915
My faith is certainly shaken.
I honestly don't care if Nintendo crashes and burns.
>>
Overall I'm happy with my library of games and I don't mind Nintendo releasing a new console but I don't expect to buy it in the first 3 years of it. I'm still playing W101 and now star fox zero ands splatoon
>>
>>335711321
>>buying a console for 1 game
Bayonetta 2
Super Mario 3D World
Captain Toad
Sm4sh
Splatoon
Xenoblade X
Star Fox Zero
Wonderful 101
Mario Kart 8
Pikmin 3
Hruyle Warrior
Nintendo Land
Tropical Freeze
Mario Maker
Affordable Space Adventure
>>
>>335725240
see>>335726573

No one should buy a console for just one game.
>>
>>335719086
>Like SOLELY for Zelda?
I didn't. (it was a birthday present).
>>
File: image.gif (543 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
543 KB, 480x480
>>335710915

Fuck that! I love me my smash machine. Also I get Pokken, Splatoon, Mario Maker and many others to play all I want.
I bought all 3 consoles. I have enough money left at the end of the day to buy games.
I also have other hobbies, so I don't get so assfrustrated about videogames online.
But real talk though, fuck Nintendo.
>>
I bought one for Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8, Smash, Pikmin 3, Dong Freeze, and got a load of other good games.

Not feeling too betrayed since open world games are almost universally shit.
>>
File: hurt.png (582 KB, 642x613) Image search: [Google]
hurt.png
582 KB, 642x613
>>335710915
I bought a WiiU on the promise of being catered to as the Core. What I got is more Wii games with prettier graphics. Their games have had no depth mechanically or structurally since the fucking gamecube/GBA.

I gave up on Zelda a long while ago when they started literally SHOEHORNING gimmick trash into them. What boggles my mind is, even if these kids today have grown up with these games, they HAVE TO SEE the decline in quality. It has to be some meta baiting, these drones cant really exist and think the games Nintendo make nowadays are representative of what they're fucking capable of as a development studio.
>>
File: nx-640x436.jpg (16 KB, 640x436) Image search: [Google]
nx-640x436.jpg
16 KB, 640x436
>>335710915
Im going to give Nintendo one last shot with the NX. If it sucks, then I'm done with Nintendo
>>
The way you people talk, it's as if Nintendo announced Zelda was going to be an NX exclusive.
You know the Wii U is still getting it, right?
>>
>>335727205
for all intents and purposes it pretty much is.
>>
>>335717486
Nah, it was WAY worse with The Last Guardian.
For one, Zelda's still coming out on the Wii U. TLG completely jumped ship from the PS3.
Two, to really put things into perspective, The Last Guardian was announced before SKYWARD SWORD was.
>>
>>335727657
Seeing as I'm going to be able to play it on my Wii U without needing to touch an NX, no, it isn't.
I'll see if the NX is worth picking up in the future, but for right now, I've gotten a lot of mileage out of my Wii U and I fully intend to grab Zelda for it.
>>
>>335712208
That's a third party game.
>>
>>335710915
there's no need to feel "loyalty" to anything. If it's a good product I buy it, if I don't want it, I don't buy it.

I bought the WiiU once it had a few games I wanted, and I'll do the same for the NX. I did the same for the PS4 and likely the PS5 or whatever the fuck comes next.

I don't care about a company's finances, I just buy things I want.
>>
what is FF15
>>
>>335711779
This shit pisses me off. If it's gonna come to your next system, fucking tell me. Or at least don't actually lie, say something like "we may consider porting it in the future". I got fucked like three times by this: dark souls 2, borderlands 2, and TLOU
>>
>>335710915
I got a steal on my Wii U. I've never regretted owning it. I loved the hell out of my Wii because of all the experiences I couldn't get anywhere else.

That having been said, this announcement might be the point where I stop caring and just drop Nintendo once and for all, before I become too invested in more false hope. They're never going to be in-touch again. They're never going to sit way back and look at the bigger picture. It's never going to be about being the best. As long as smartphone apps and Amiibo put a buck in their pocket, that's the direction it will take, and since the alternative (actually going back to playing big) is too expensive an investment, the real alternative is quitting.

Whatever. It don't mattah. None 'o this mattahs.
>>
>>335727105
I'm going to give them as far as the E3 presentation. If they don't show me something I give a damn about, then its over for me. Fuck the new Zelda and fuck whatever else they have. I'm done.
>>
>tfw there will never be an F-Zero on the Wii U
>>
At least when a Nintendo game leaps generations, they have the goddamn decency to still release a version on the original console.
How many fucking games were promised for the PS3 that never happened? Too goddamn many.
>>
>>335728870
>still sucking nintendo's dick and calling them a decent company
un-fucking-believable
>>
>>335728734
>There will never be a new Metroid Prime on the Wii U
>>
>>335729629
Whatever man, I just wanted to play Zelda and that's what I'm getting.
>>
>>335728734

There's never gonna be another F Zero period, let alone on Wii U.

That series is better off dead or do you want another Star Fox Zero?
>>
>>335728387

They pulled that shit with TP and the gaycube

That's when I stopped buying nintendo anything and got out of console gaming in general because xbox and ps always sucked ass.
>>
>>335714706
> tfw built a pc for sfv and shenmue 3
> sfv was shit
>>
if you bought a console and own less than 10 games you enjoy then youre either stupid or got tricked by marketers
>>
You are an idiot if you bought a sonsole for a game that isnt even out. dumb consumers are the problem
>>
You're a fucking dumbass if you play video games still. Damn retarded faggot gamers.
>>
I got the wii u when there were several games out for it that i really wanted.

I'll get the NX under the same situation.

>>335728734
Try out fast racing neo. It''s only 20 bucks and it's pretty good for fast racing. Online is kind of shit though.
>>
>>335730421
>playing Fighting games on PC
>>
>>335710915
The game is still coming out on the Wii U so I'll still be able to play it. Why should I be mad?
>>
>>335710915
mewanwhile, buy trhe next tiny upgrade from sony goy! enjoy sony shitting down your mouth just as much. It's ok when sony does it!
>>
File: 1460773278194.gif (428 KB, 200x183) Image search: [Google]
1460773278194.gif
428 KB, 200x183
>>335726573
Many of these are games only for Nintendrones like Captain Toad or Nintendo Land (seriously?)

That's Nintendo big problem, they need to please both Nintendo and non-Nintendo fans. If they market third party games and give a good hardware in the RIGHT moment of the gen then they will see a fuckton of money again
Casuals don't care about consoles anymore, they prefer buy Smartphones now
>>
I'm buying a NX because I don't want to play the inferior version of a game I've been waiting for for 3 years

Unless the NX ends up being some shitty handheld and the Wii U version is actually superior. I guess we'll just have to wait and see
>>
>>335731045
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vSsGgKX-Gg
>>
File: 1337107568910.jpg (55 KB, 272x152) Image search: [Google]
1337107568910.jpg
55 KB, 272x152
I didn't buy a WiiU for Zelda, I bought it for the handful of really good games that were either already out or had actual release dates announced.

>Wonderful 101
>Splatoon
>Bayo2 and best version of Bayo1
>Mario 3D World
>Tropical Freeze
>WW and TP HD (I know some won't agree but I didn't own a gamecube back then)
>Smash

I enjoyed each of these immensely and am happy that I got a WiiU for it and not a singular game that didn't even have a release date.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvHKxnMv04k
>>
>>335731219
Until they tell EA to fuck off with their Origin again.
>>
>>335711567
Well, you're right. Both of those faggot companies are shitty for treating their customers like that.
Good thing a PC is for more than games.
>>
>>335711567
The Last Guardian is obviously not a system selling game. Zelda, Mario and Smash are legitimately the only reasons people still buy Nintendo consoles and they delivered on 1.5 of those.
>>
>>335732157
Which is the .5?
>>
>>335732047
And it's a good thing PC is little more than a mass of third parties with nothing truly unique other than the Steam monopoly, right?
>>
>>335732157
>The Last Guardian is obviously not a system selling game.
FFXV is though. And you waited 10 years for it.
>>
>>335711567
The thing is, Sony haven't pushed back the release for The Last Guardian yet.

As it stands, it's still slated for this year.
Can't say the same for Zelda U.
>>
File: 1456681580596.gif (2 MB, 540x603) Image search: [Google]
1456681580596.gif
2 MB, 540x603
>>335710915
>If you bought a Wii U I feel sorry for you

Eh, my purchase was justified. I've got as many games for it as I do the PS3 and have put plenty of hours into them so I feel no buyers remorse or anything. As for Zelda I'm waiting for gameplay vids on both systems because if it's like TP, the previous gen version was the best.
>>
>>335732547
Doesn't have anything to do with Sony, and FF hasn't been a system seller for years.
>>
>>335732598
>it's okay when Sony does it guys
>>
>>335711567
The PS4.5 is now a complete hardware revision like the NX, PS4.5 is basically a slim with bells and whistles, the NX on the other hand is a fully realized console installment that's actually going to make the wiiU redundant, unlike the PS4 which will continue getting supported for at least 10 years like every other Playstation console to date.
>>
So? Sony has done it with The Last of Us and Persona 5.
>>
>>335710915
Because everyone who bought a Wii U bought it for Zelda. Yeah, that makes sense.
>>
File: 1434005608409.jpg (141 KB, 500x340) Image search: [Google]
1434005608409.jpg
141 KB, 500x340
>>335732350
Hey, the games I've wanted are there and I will never feel betrayed for buying a good PC because there's a shitload of stuff to do with the machine.
>>
>>335732340
Mario
Although I guess if you put 3D World and New Bros. U together maybe you get one proper Mario game.
>>
>>335710915
Oh be quiet
>>
Wii U was the biggest piece of shit to come out in recent memory. Yes, even the Vita wasn't as much of a complete failure.

Why anyone in their right mind would want to buy the NX is beyond me. Then again, Nintendo "loyal" have been looking like dipshits for years.
>>
File: 1460188507709.jpg (5 KB, 126x126) Image search: [Google]
1460188507709.jpg
5 KB, 126x126
>>335711567

The funny thing about this is TLG was not delayed so Sony could sell a console, it was delayed for circumstances out of their control, the game director ran away halfway through development.

Nintendo has had Zelda completed already, I mean it was already slated for 2014, no 2016 but they are delaying it specifically to sell a console.

Silly Nintendo fanboy.
>>
>>335711567
fuck, that game is still not out yet.
>>
>>335733038
>Persona 5
>Sony
Pick one
>>
>>335730060
a year late because nintendo want more dollaroos for their next failure of a system.
>>
>>335732785
>TLG
>TLoZ U
>>
>>335710915
>Buying a console for games that aren't out yet
This isn't the PS4, OP.
I bought the consoles for games that were out. Namely: Sm4sh, MK8, Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, SM3DW, Hyrule Warriors, Dong Freeze.

Eventually, I got other games as they came out (Bayo 2, Splatoon, Mario Maker, Xenoblade Chronicles X, etc.)
But when I bought the console, the games I wanted were already out. You'd have to be braindead to buy a console for games that don't exist.
>>
>>335733176
This year.
>>
>>335730367
It didn't bother me with Twilight Princess because I was hype and because I hadn't had too much interest invested in the original announcements (poorfag with no internet).
Nintendo's complete lack of give-a-damn is what's finally doing it for me. At least PRETEND you fucking care about your customers and fans, Nintendo. For fuck's sake.
>>
>>335731231
>i am being shamelessly cuckolded by da big N
>>
File: (You).png (1 KB, 333x240) Image search: [Google]
(You).png
1 KB, 333x240
>>335730761
>comes to video game board
>complains about video games

Yeah, no one cared about your other two comments, either. Here's your (You). Split it between the three of them.
>>
>>335710915
I got it for bayonetta 2 and smash but this is some pretty shitty news
>>
>>335730261
>or do you want another starfox zero

Starfox Zero happened because they could throw a gimmick at it. Unless modern Nintendo can throw a gimmick at something they leave it abandoned because they're creatively dead without gimmicks holding their hand.

What possible gimmick could they throw at F-zero without slowing the game down, that wouldn't have a ton of fucking input delay?
>>
>>335733368
Fucking horrible taste in games. Sad when you need to buy trash to prove that you made a good decision.
>>
File: 1364312950609.png (115 KB, 280x263) Image search: [Google]
1364312950609.png
115 KB, 280x263
>B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-UT SOOOOOOOOOOONNYYYYY
didn't even have to open the thread to see that one coming
>>
File: 1457905349644.jpg (132 KB, 477x786) Image search: [Google]
1457905349644.jpg
132 KB, 477x786
>>335733593
are you implying that the 64 had a good controller?
>>
>>335733653
Sad when you have to shit on good games to prove you're on the right side of a console war.
>>
>>335733741
What does the n64's controller have to do with shitty input delayed motion controls in a fast reaction based racing game you deflecting damage controller?
>>
>Sonyggers have to deal with thinking TLG is dead for nearly a decade
>Nintenyearolds somehow think this is something to strive for
Nobody was happy about TLG being in development Hell. Why the fuck would anybody use that as an argument?
>>
>>335710915
you think most wiiu owners give a shit about zelda? I mean, there must be some who don't care.
>>
>>335733593
Course creator using the touchscreen and 16 player online races?
It's basically like what Sm4sh did.
>>
>>335733302
>TLG
started 2007
waited 9 years
>TLoZ U
started 2013
waiting only 4 years

Only okay when Sony does it, boys. Pack it up.
>>
I bought a Wii to play Skyward Sword, and I've been holding out on buying a Wii U until this game finally dropped. At least the Wii had other games for me to enjoy after finishing SS. Splatoon is literally the only game tempting me to ever buy a Wii U now.

I don't hate Nintendo, but I think over the years I've lost most of the faith I might have once had in them. I can only hope they go full bore into the mobile market just in time for the bubble to finally burst.
>>
>>335728497
might as well get your fuck ninty out of the way now, NX is already confirmed not being at e3
>>
File: 1409463621847.jpg (156 KB, 453x640) Image search: [Google]
1409463621847.jpg
156 KB, 453x640
There are people who only bought a Wii U for Zelda and nothing else? Why? Who?
>>
>>335734257
See >>335734049
>>
File: 1459773484707.jpg (361 KB, 890x1171) Image search: [Google]
1459773484707.jpg
361 KB, 890x1171
>>335710915
It was worth it for that fine ass squid booty famalam
>>
File: 1393199819723.png (510 KB, 796x444) Image search: [Google]
1393199819723.png
510 KB, 796x444
>>335710915
>was getting pretty hyped for Zelda
>nothing else to play this year, since Star Fox was shit and Idol Emblem will be censored shit
>this happens
How the fuck can Nintendo expect to beat the PS4 at this rate? The NX is pretty much dead unless it has some outrageous shit planned for launch like a new Metroid Prime, Mario, Zelda, a proper console Pokémon game and maybe a few IP revivals. Considering Nintendo's current track record of releasing shovelware disguised as AAA titles and censoring games that were never meant for kids, that's pretty fucking unlikely though.
>>
>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE

wew, lad

Also, how new are you retards. Zelda games get delayed for ages every fucking time.
>>
>>335734293
>buy splatoon bundle
>install golden 5.3.2 firmware from bundled disk
>spoof to latest FW to play online
>pirate every other game while waiting for zelda
Win/win tbqfh
>>
>>335719086
I didn't buy one solely for Zelda, but had I known that Zelda would not be wiiU exclusive I would not have bought one
>>
>>335734615
No one was on TLG's case when it happened. Yet when Zelda does the same thing in half the time, Nintendo is stupid, Nintendo is dead, Nintendo should go 3rd party, etc.
>>
>he thinks it's still coming for the WiiU
Every major press release for this game has been a lie and retconned. If you believe anything else Nintendo says about it until release you're retarded.
>>
>>335726573
yeah, its good.
yeah.
eh
yeah. 3ds is good enough though.
eh
yeah, its pretty good.
no
no
eh
no
eh, 3ds is good enough
no
no
no
nope.

hey, i have a wii u and most of the games you posted. this is not a good console.
>>
>>335715878
Zedla is fucking garbage that was out classed by Banjo Tooie back on the N64.
>>
>>335738297
>Banjo Tooie

Collectathon bullshit furry fucking loser
>>
File: well, do you.jpg (19 KB, 480x314) Image search: [Google]
well, do you.jpg
19 KB, 480x314
>>335736684
>no to TW101
>>
File: GDC_132.jpg (314 KB, 999x933) Image search: [Google]
GDC_132.jpg
314 KB, 999x933
>>335710915
YOU DON'T UNDERTSTAND
I NEEDED THE EXTRA TIME TO ADD BEETLE COLLECTING
>>
>>335736285
Of course it's still coming to the Wii U. That's just throwing away sales otherwise.
They're going to try their damnedest to market the NX version over it, but the Wii U version is still listed as a simultaneous release.
>>
>>335736124
Are you fucking kidding? People will all over TLG's case for aeons. Fucking hell, it was listed everywhere and made fun of as "vaporware" for ages.

The difference is now that Nintendo is doing something and intentionally fucking over their (already shit) console for another one, everything is a-okay.

These situations are not comparable. TLG is not a system-seller, nor did they specifically delay it for the PS4. They were going to scrap it all-together.

Zelda, on the other hand, IS a system-seller and the only reason it's getting delayed is because they want to make money with the NX, even if it means fucking over Wii U owners.
>>
>>335725240
Perfect Dark Zero
>>
File: 1441834478416.png (148 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1441834478416.png
148 KB, 600x900
Just thinking about the Last Guardian running on PS4.5 hardware gets me rock hard.

Glad I didn't fall for buying the PS4 meme, stay fagblasted PS4 shitheads.
>>
>>335710915
I got a few decent games out of it. Ultimatley I'm very dissapointed no truly big titles came out for it. Every game felt like filler while we waited for the big Mario/Zelda/Metroid game that never came. A shame, but I feel I got my worth from it.
>>
>>335739140
>implying people didn't buy PS3s for TLG and Versus XIII

wew
>>
>>335712446
I got the thing at launch and have other options. Can't say I'm bothered either. Not to say this wasn't retarded.
>>
>Trusting nintendo ever
Also loving all the fags defending that shit company just raping them constantly
>>
>>335710915
Xeniblade alone has been enough for me. Everything else has been a nice bonus.

The wiius library isn't particularly strong but its the best of the 3 right now, which is kinda sad.
This gen sucks.
>>
>>335739140
>Zelda, on the other hand, IS a system-seller
Eh not exactly. Zelda is an iconic and influential but doesn't have the sales power of something like Mario and pokemon. People don't go out of their way to buy consoles specifically for Zelda. They do and did for pokemon and Mario kart. The sales data shows that.
>>
>>335738297
>Banjo Tooie back on the N64

Tooie is one of the few games that I will admit actually surpassed all but the best Zeldas, but even then it still isn't up to the standards set by OoT.
>>
>>335717851
Zelda is the make or break that determines whether or not I purchase a new Nintendo console.
Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.