[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HOL UP HOL UP!!..You're telling me there are people here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 216
Thread images: 15
File: Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg (56 KB, 256x369) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg
56 KB, 256x369
HOL UP HOL UP!!..You're telling me there are people here who actually, seriously, unironically, are starting to believe or do believe that this triceratops turd of a game is better than Dark Souls 3. Am I understanding that correctly?
>>
DS2 DLC > Dark Souls 3 > DS2 Base game

fight me
>>
>>335710594
>Weapons
DaS2>DaS3
>Build viability
DaS2>DaS3
>Memes
DaS>DaS2>DaS3
>>
>>335710810
There's no reason to, you're right
>>
>>335710810
I don't hit the mentally disabled
>>
The ONLY thing better in DS2 is weapon viability, and that will probably be fixed in DS3.
>>
>>335710810

DS2's DLC is the same uninspired shit as the base game though.
>>
>>335710594
It's about equal to DaS3. Better than Dark Souls and Bloodborne.
>>
>>335710594
You autist you realize Dark souls, demon souls, bloodbourne, dark souls 2, darksouls 3, bloodsouls are the exact same game?
>>
File: clearly-better-game.png (77 KB, 431x612) Image search: [Google]
clearly-better-game.png
77 KB, 431x612
Yes, people who know a thing or two about good game design, i.e. not you.
>>
>>335712471
Nah, all are the same except for dark souls 1, that game is very interconnected. All of the other games are just multiple paths you can follow till the end of the path.
>>
yes OP. sotfs is a better game in many areas. It felt much more like a grand adventure.
It has better pvp.
it had bonfire ascetics
It actually had lots of lore and the best Npc Aldia.
The combat was better than dark souls
It had more armor variety than 3, and it actually influences your roll distance
It had arenas, better covenants including 2 single player ones.
Better weapon menu that separated swords from bows etc.

DKS3 only has better level design, graphics, music and a couple of good boss fights.
>>
>>335712471
>you autist
Irony
>>
SOTFS is really good though, you just need to be overpowered to where the bullshit areas are a cake walk. The lore and areas are fantastic though, you're a fucking liar if you tell me you didn't think drangleic castle, the mirror knight area, land of the drakes or whatever, and majula weren't all awesome areas. Or vendricks and aldias back story wasn't cool.
>>
File: 1461215417519.gif (77 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1461215417519.gif
77 KB, 200x200
>>335710594
Its the souls cycle. Bunch of memester kids who believe New installments are worse than the older installment.

Its basically a bunch of contrarian faggots who cant git gud
>>
>>335713619

>DKS3 only has better level design, graphics, music, bosses, enemies, atmosphere, lore, pacing, world design, NPCS, sidequests, plot
>COME ON GUYS
>C O M E O N G U Y S
>>
>>335713518
> that game is very interconnected

Except except all those places that need teleportation.
>>
Maybe it's just Souls fatigue setting in, but I liked playing through DS2 more.

DS3 is fucked up in a lot of ways. (teleporting everywhere, two Blue Sentinels that work like shit, etc.)
>>
>>335711986
>An frozen castle which requires you to melt ice and then explore by using all the shortcuts you've found/opened to collect knights and lead a raid on the boss

Oh yeah, this kind of shit is everywhere in Souls games! The only DLC you could argue is uninspired is Old Iron king but even that has a lot of cool verticality and the way you open up new paths by activating the gears is very interesting. If you want uninspired then take a look at almost everything in Dark Souls 3.
>>
>>335714082

>enemies
debatable
>atmosphere
not at all sotfs wins this one big time
>lore
lol no, dks3 has barely any lore compared to dks1 and dks2
>pacing
Again, no
>world design
debatable, i prefer the enormous variety of dks2
>NPCS
both suck
>sidequests
yeah dks3 has better ones.
>Plot
Not by any stretch of imagination
>>
>>335714160
Eleum Loyce was the point in DS 2 where I went, "this place feels like Dark Souls place", with it's interconnected pathways and shortcuts.

But why in the fuck, I had to wait for the second DLC for that feeling?
>>
>>335714160

The ice gimmick amounts to nothing more than making you run through a corridor level once before it turns into a real level. The ice DLC also contains horse-fuck valley, which is probably an even lazier area than Demon Ruins from 1. You could scatter all the DLC levels into the base game and you wouldn't be able to notice any difference in quality, unless you want to argue shit like Cool Ranch Smelter is premium content.
>>
>>335714715
Because the main game was a mess stiched together at the last second.
>>
>>335714715
That was the third DLC
>>
I consider 3 a better game, but 2 definitely had far more replayability. I put 400 hours into 2 playing it over and over again doing vastly different builds each time, PvPing the entire time and feeling viable and competitive with whatever I was using. 3 I've done 100 or so hours and I already feel burned out. PvP feels incredibly similar across weapons and boring. It's definitely better designed levels and overall PvE, but the lack of viability across builds is just pure shit.
>>
>>335713257
(You)
>>
>>335714791
>The ice gimmick amounts to nothing more than making you run through a corridor level once before it turns into a real level.

No, it introduces you to the basic layout with your first run and then gets you to backtrack a modified version of the level while properly exploring and finding secrets. The place is very interconnected which is meant to help you get to places you want to check out if you paid any attention to the layout. The raindeer area was shitty but it made up a small, optional chunk of the DLC so using it as an argument against the DLC as a whole is pretty dumb. Also, the initial argument was about it being uninspired, which is very clearly false. They had a novel idea for the series and built an entire area around that idea. In comparison most areas in Dark Souls 3 feel lifeless and formulaic.
>>
literally the only thing DaS3 does better is level design
>>
>>335714150
1 place needs to be teleported to. Nice try anon
>>
>>335710594
Yup
>>
>>335713257
>Bases how good a game is off of how critics rate it
Really anon? If that's how you work why not go play call of duty sense the lowest rating those games can get are 90s
>>
>>335715169
Bosses, encounter design, combat feel all better in DS 3 than in 2.

I cry little everytime I remember the moment in Dark Souls 2 where there are bunch of archers/mages shooting into area with bunch of melee enemies that don't feel like aggroing and chasing you into a safe zone.

Oh wait. That was the whole funking game.
>>
>>335715601
>there are bunch of archers/mages shooting into area with bunch of melee enemies that don't feel like aggroing and chasing you into a safe zone

So basically Dark Souls 3 except instead of needing some kind of strategy no matter how simple you run up to them and mash R1 like a retard?
>>
>>335710594
i didn't like ds2 as much as ds1, but it's not a triceratops of a turd. it's just average which feels like a huge disappointment after ds1 in my opinion.

it's like going from morrowind to oblivion, the game was casualized a bit and the constant fast travel made the game feel less cohesive. when you have constant fast travel it's like playing mario games where you just have an overworld map to select levels instead of this big world to explore.

ds2 also feels more like older games from snes/nes and earlier generations where they added cheap things to make the game seem more difficult and get people to play them longer. constantly having 6 enemies surprise you gets boring after a while. having the floor break away and you fall to your death with no warnings isn't challenging.

the bosses were also very easy and repetitive, most of them were pretty similar with minor differences.

the game also had massive hitbox issues on a number of enemies like the ogre, pursuer, and mimics.
>>
>>335715961
In Dark Souls 3 when those situations happen the encounter is designed that there are actual solutions that don't involve going in and fighting in melee while doing psychic dodges to avoid off camera arrows.

The "strategy" in Dark Souls 2 was always to play Call of Duty, hide behind nearest corner and pop out for a shot with bow and then hide back.
And god does that slow the game the fuck down.
>>
Brume Tower has better level design than any areas in Dark Souls 3.

Is there anyone who defends shit areas like Profaned Capital, which is basically 2 corridors?
>>
I thought maybe it was shitty trolling or something but there are real people actually defending dark souls 2. Holy fuck.
>>
>>335716235
>there are actual solutions that don't involve going in and fighting in melee

What's the "solution" to the area in Irithyll with the fire mage right next to those two tough enemies that rush at you? How about that room filled with Jailkeepers? How about just about everything you deal with in the forest? The solutions are pretty much the same, the game having a few barrels in the first area and in some of Undead Settlement just tricked you into thinking otherwise. Hell, Dark Souls 2 had ballistas, explosive barrels and traps that helped you deal with groups in the early areas too.
>>
>>335716448
Profaned Capital either needed to become bigger itself, or be kept under the name Irithyll Dungeon. I get that it isn't part of the dungeon but with it's size it may as well have been. Maybe we'll get more of it to explore at a later date?
>>
What's the white version of HOL UP?
>>
>>335716868
Now hold on a minute there my friend.
>>
Irithyll dungeon was just a reskinned 3-1, how can people defend this shit. By far the worst area in the game.

>>335716517
Why do some retards like to pretend that everybody hated DaS2 ? How can someone be this disconnected from reality ?
>>
>>335716868
WAIT DUDE
>>
>>335716523
>two tough enemies that rush at you?
>rush
keyword here. You use their aggressiviness, pull back and fight outside the firemages range.

Sure, I admit the jailkeeper room is kinda bullshit, but it's the most gimmicky non-boss encounter in game basically.
And I assume that if one had proper balls they could just run in and kill them. They are pretty easy to deal with in melee and die quickly, you are just not allowed to make mistakes if you take that path.

And the forest is a joke. Two melee dudes at the same time. Oh no! Maybe 3 if you are careless.
And bunch of trees and environment around to help you control them.

Or maybe you mean in the ruins with the room with two mages. With bunch of pillars to use as cover and enemies that barely even give a fuck about you.
>>
File: 1460377995206.png (704 KB, 1117x838) Image search: [Google]
1460377995206.png
704 KB, 1117x838
>>335710594
I haven't played dark souls 3 myself, too poor for a decent pc or a playstation 4, but I enjoy dark souls 2 alot. I would even say I prefer it over the first dark souls. I think most people who say that dark souls 2 is better might have not played dark souls 3 like myself or they are those people who care about PVP way too much
>>
>>335716523
Let's not forget that cool mechanic from the Shrine of Amana.
>while the girl is singing you can run past the lizards
>when she stops better watch your back
>>
>>335717389
>You use their aggressiviness, pull back and fight outside the firemages range.

So you pull enemies far away from each other to fight them 1v1 or 1v2? Just like in Dark Souls 2? This is pretty much exactly what everyone did in DS3. It's also poorly designed because it makes the encounter bland instead of it being a unique challenge which requires multitasking like the developers intended.

>but it's the most gimmicky non-boss encounter in game basically.

No it isn't, in the same area you run into a group of something like 6 trash mobs that run towards you. You kill them all in the exact same way. It's fucking garbage.

Also who was talking about difficulty? In fact it would actually be better if these fights were difficult because as is they are piss easy AND poorly designed.
>>
Irithyll Dungeon, Profaned Capital, Consumed King Garden, Road of Sacrifices, Farron Keep, Anor Londo (yes) are al shit areas in this game.

All long corridors with enemies.

Not the brillant level design the souls series are know for.
>>
>>335715504
Which is hilarious because the hate DaS2 started getting only came into existence because of a youtuber and it spread as a meme
>>
>>335713830

If you think any lore in any souls game is fantastic, you need to stop using drugs so much.
>>
>>335717849
>Just like in Dark Souls 2?
Except in Dark Souls 2 half of the time the fucking enemies can't fucking bother to chase you for two fucking feet.
Nothing more annoying than waiting for enemy to slowly drag it's ass to a place where you can fight it.
>>
>>335718606
>Except in Dark Souls 2 half of the time the fucking enemies can't fucking bother to chase you for two fucking feet.
Are you for real?Enemies will chase you for miles!
Play the fucking game and earn to pull properly.
>>
>>335718193
your definition of a corridor is big and wide.
how the fuck is this a corridor
http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Farron+Keep#map
>>
>>335718606
>half the time
You mean a few encounters? Most of which are meant to be group fights? And I'll tell you what's more annoying, going through a samey looking, huge area that's filled with nothing but trash mobs that you beat with mindless R1 spam.
>>
>>335718193
>brillant level design the souls series are know for.

More like half of DeS, the first half of DaS 1 and the DaS 2 DLC

Also you forgot the pile of shit that was Smoldering Lake

And let's not forget the copypasted Firelink Graves
>>
>>335718965
>And let's not forget the copypasted Firelink Graves
You sound like you read about this area on wiki first and went there later.
The moment I realised this is starting area was for me one of the highest points of the game
>>
>>335716235
lmao you nitpicking motherfucker

dks3 had even more situations where you had to do that hahaha. miyazaki fanboys are the worst
>>
SOTFS>DKS3=DKS1>DKS2

inb4 sotfs hate meme
>>
>>335718965
>not understanding what relevance untended graves had
I mean come on
>>
>>335720271
>this is my favorite and if you don't like it you're just memein'
fanboi
>>
>>335720271
SOTFS was a great way to bump DS2 from a mediocre game to a good one. I prefer DS3 though.
>>
>>335715504
>sense the lowest rating those games can get are 90s
Sadly, you probably actually believe this.
>>
>>335718193
>long corridors

wat

You're literally going down at weird angles with multiple paths in both the dungeon and profaned capital. Farron Keep is hardly a corridor either. Road of Sacrifices and Anor Londo are just too small to call anything. Clearly the Road was just a transitory area between the cathedral and the swamp, and Anor Londo was just there for a stage to fight Aldrich.

Still not a corridor, though.
>>
File: derren.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
derren.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
>>335718965
>Smoldering Lake

If you encountered this during your first playthrough it's 99% likely you were using a guide which is also the reason you didn't like untended graves. No surprise. Just easy mode.

You summon too, don't you?
>>
>>335718921
>going through a samey looking, huge area that's filled with nothing but trash mobs that you beat with mindless R1 spam.

This felt like everything after catacombs, its a damn shame. I really stopped enjoying DaS 3 at Demon Ruins. The boss fights are pretty good and the level design can be really good at times, but the levels are filled nothing but trash mobs you r1 spam to death and ambushes every two feet. Its both really easy and boring.
>>
>>335710594

Scholars beats DS3 in every way except level design, pvp hit detection, and soul level.

The PVP itself was more fun with dueling arenas and estus chugging wasnt as big of a deal. The covenants were more interesting. It had more PVE combat, and combat is what makes a soul game good. It had power stances and some pretty cool move sets. And it was more challenging than DS3 which has been pretty easy so far, especially in NG+ which adds nothing.
>>
>>335719690
>>335720493
It's the exact same fucking area

It's fucking lazy, and everyone that's fine with it is a goddamn retard
>>
>>335715275
Anor Londo, Painted world, Kiln of the First Flame
>>
>>335721097
>Profaned Capital
>Multiple paths

Choose one
>>
>>335721415
I found it in my first playthrough without a guide. You're just bad, aren't you?
>>
>>335721415
You fucking what. You can see the cavern on the boss run to lord of skeletons and two seconds of exploring will get you there. I found Ash lake blind on my first DaS run too.

The only neat thing about that area is the worm and decent boss. the area itself is whatever and its attached to an area that even worse than pre patch Lost Izalith.
>>
>>335721701
There's the path to the area with the centipedes which leads back into the dungeon, and there's the path to the boss.
>>
>>335721465
>New Boss
>New Enemies
>Items that can only be found there
>Exact same area
That word, it does not mean what i think you think it means.
>>
>>335718406
So glad you didn't get a (you), here's one out of pity.
>>
File: 1427541908768.jpg (138 KB, 768x929) Image search: [Google]
1427541908768.jpg
138 KB, 768x929
>>335721415
>If you encountered this during your first playthrough it's 99% likely you were using a guide

I'm just not retarded like everyone else here seems to be

Jesus christ it's not like the smoldering lake is even hidden that well, and if you've been to Ash Lake you have no excuse to not have found the graves either
>>
>>335722003
Same enemies, but with a health and damage buff.

Only the Black Knights are new.

Same thing with Lothric Castle and High Wall of Lothric.
>>
>>335713257
Kino
>demons 89
>ds1 89
>ds3 89
Flick
>bb 92
>ds2 91
>>
>>335720271
The only good thing about the DLC was burnt ivory king and some weapons.
Defending a dlc that has all the enemies 360 auto track attacks and shit like frozen outskirts which is worse than lost izalith, show's how fucking reyarded you are.
>>
Friendly reminder that armor in DS2 is not worth it since the damage formula is linear and not geometric.

Damage taken = ((Attack Rating - (0.1*armor rating*)*(5/6))
>>
>>335722305
>muh autotracking
aren't you retards bored of spamming the same meme over and over
The only enemies with shitty tracking were the flame salamanders and they were far and few between
>>
>>335722003
If that counts as a new and fresh area I guess for DaS 4 they should just make a 2-3 areas, copy them about five times each, give the area boss a few new moves and change the enemies/items around if you are fine with that
>>
>>335713518
Dark souls 3 has numerous spots where different paths and locations connect
>>
>>335722493
>playing ds2
>constantly use heaviest armor available in game
>30+ vigor
>normal enemies still kill me in 2-3 hits
>>
>>335720850

its one thing to not like it, its another to be a blindly hating fanboi like you
>>
>>335722678
You forgot the big faggot knights in the area with the Dragonrider and the turtle guys

Those were almost as bad
>>
>>335722678
>it's a meme because i say so
Finished all the dlc barely a week ago, every single enemy from eleum loyce has auto track.
And there's a few in shulva and the iron king dlc.
You're full of shit
Thank god DaS3 only mentions DaS2 vaguely.
>>
>>335722758

It isn't worth it fampaichi.

400 armor vs 1000 armor results in maybe 100 less damage taken.
>>
>>335721427
so much this
>>
>>335722891
>blindly hating fanboi
that's an oxymoron, and you don't even know my stance on the game you double fanboi
>>
>>335722971
All of these games have tracking you dumb cunt, Dark Souls 2 is barely any worse. In fact it's better than DS3 with it because the enemies are slower so they don't fucking teleport to hit you if you dodge past them.
>>
>>335722678
It's not really a meme, those niggers do fucking ballerina twirls.
>>
>>335722975
yeah, greatshields seemed worth it but i wish i would've just gone with lighter armor and better rolling
>>
all this fags bitching about auto tracking.

seriously the only enemy that does this shit is the salamander. And the mace guy in the dragon castle before they nerfed him to shit.
You are supposed to dodge at the last second, git gud
>>
>>335722758
it's a shit game, more news at 12.
Even my normie friends liked DaS1 more.
>>
>>335722758
>normal enemies kill me in 2-3 hits
Now you're just lying
>>
>>335722758
Did you join the covenant of champions or something?
>>
>>335723050
>but all the games
it only became a problem in DaS2 because it's insane.
That's why many people complain about it.
But keep defending objective bad game design you fucking retard.
>>
>>335723254
>>335723349
no, not every single enemy but more often than not they would do an absurd amount of damage which constantly made my armor feel worthless
>>
>>335722758

this never happened in dks2.

it does happen in dks3.
>>
>>335721415
i read a message next to the collapsing bridge saying "here!" are you perhaps playing offline and not exploring anything?
>>
>>335718193
>Tower Of Latria Lite
>shit area
nigger foh
>>
>>335723440
Haha you braindead faggot, you can run circles around the DLC enemies without rolling and avoid their attacks that way, keep complaining about things you know nothing about you shitter lmao
>>
>>335710810
i won't fight someone who's right.
>>
>>335722758
>normal enemies still kill me in 2-3 hits
Stop the bullshit.I am using Vengarls armor and i take tons of abuse before going down.With full Havels you become almost unkillable in PvP with the right rings and build.
>>
>>335724773
Good thing your shitty game is dead.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (134 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
134 KB, 1280x720
>in DaS3 I'm going to face the lords of cinder
>in DaS2 I just need to get pass pic related
>>
>>335725107
Did you forget about ladder bullshit in DS3?
>>
>>335725107
The Shrine of Winter?You need the 4 great souls or 1 million regular souls to enter.
>>
>>335725298
Keep playing dumb fucko.
>>
>>335725298
Indeed, all that to get pass some rocks that barely block your way.
>>
>>335725107
This your first video game or something? Next you'll be complaining that you can't smash open doors that unlock shortcuts even though you can clearly kill massive bosses with ease.
>>
>Dark Souls 2 has no boss after the tutorial
>>
>>335725745
disgusting apologist.
swallow that turd, wash it down with tears of denial.
>>
>>335726016
>brain damaged meme loving hypocrite trying to insult anyone
thanks for the laugh
>>
>>335725242
I have forgotten. What ladder bullshit?
>>
>>335725745
>it's a game who cares
>>
>>335725242
>>335726203
He means to get into the castle.

You can climb the ladder anytime you want. Just kill the bitch and fight the dancer.
>>
>>335717718
i have 200+ hours in that fucking game and i never knew this
>>
>>335726241
Sure as fuck not Souls fans considering all the frail gates they swallowed up without question. But hey, those problems weren't spoonfed to you by your favourite e-celebs and would require a brain to figure out.
>>
>>335726147
>*chomp* *chomp* *slurp*
>i love shit
you
>>
>>335726304
how's that the same?
You can clearly see a path behind the stones.
You don't really notice the first time you play that there's a ladder up there.
>>
>>335726304
you mean the castle where you have no business going at that point in time?
>>
>>335710594
Your dank memes will only take you so far in life, anon.
SotFS is an amazing game.
>>
>>335721796
>>335722092
>>335723630
>>335721808
Guide fags spotted. Git gud or git lost
>>
>>335726579
well you can kill oceiros and champ for their wapons.
Still, not even close.
The ladder is an actual believable obstacle.
>>
>>335726345
>i have 200+ hours in that fucking game and i never knew this
Are you for real?Do you not speak to the NPCs?A lot of them tell you useful stuff about the place you encounter them at.Most obvious example is Pate and the other one is the singing girl in the shrine of amana.
>>
>>335726572
how did you not see the ladder?
>>
>>335726579
So you're comparing DS2's unavoidable obstacle to DS3's avoidable obstacle purely because you wouldn't think to do it the first time through?

Uwot.
>>
>>335726818
And then get blocked by a door because a key hasn't magically materialized out of thin air since you haven't met some arbitrary criteria.
>>
>>335726345
Me neither.
at that point i was so fed up with the game that i just wanted to get it over with.
>>
>>335726964
The church felt like a dead end for me, so i didn't bother to look around.
When i placed the bowl i wasn't expecting a ladder at all.
Was expecting something more spectacular.
>>
>>335726345
I've noticed that a lot of people rushed trough the game and missed on a lot of the nice little touches the game designers put in DaS2.
>>
>>335727008
>magically
It's clear that someone dies there after you're done with lords of cinder.
It might be a bullshit way to limit the player but at least it makes sense.
>>
>>335727403
Name 5.
>>
>>335712471
Nah, all except bloodborne, maybe play it first
>>
>>335727516
It only feels "believable" in the sense that you can rationalize it. I refuse to believe that anyone who stumbled across Grand Archives before doing all the lords of cinder reacted in any other way than "what the fuck?" Maybe if the area actually had enemies around it would make some bit of sense.
>>
>>335721427
>>335722994
>The covenants were more interesting.

How are the covenants any different than they have been since DS1?
You have:
>Invaders
>Suns
>Invaders who only invade Invaders or people who hate giant tits
>Get the fuck out of here
>Let's fight this boss
>Fight me

DaS2 introduced
>Rydells Please, help me!

DaS3 just added a few recolors

>The PVP itself was more fun with dueling arenas
Fightclubs aren't DaS2 exclusive

>It had more PVE combat
?

> It had power stances and some pretty cool move sets.
I miss power stances too but there are still movesets with the stance stuff

> And it was more challenging than DS3 which has been pretty easy so far, especially in NG+ which adds nothing.
Well, the difficulty came from bad hitboxes, weird tracking and enemy turn speeds and plastering the maps with lots of enemies.

DaS1 has been easy too if you already had played DeS before.

>>335721415
I didn't know you could use the bridge as ladder, so I just unequipped my armor and fell.

>>335720271
SotfS is much better but you can also feel the dev butthurt
>>
>>335727403
>Shrine of Amana:singing
>Covetous Demon:bait
>No-man's Wharf:torches and light in general
>The Lost Sinner:burning the oil
>Brightstone Cove Tseldora:the petrified door
Heres 5 and there are more.
>>
>>335710594
AY YO HOL UP
*takes a sippy*
YOU BE SAYIN
*equips uchigatana*
AY YO
*summons several yellow phantoms*
YOU BE SAYIN WE FINNA
*complains the game is too easy*
WE FINNA
*uses seed of giant*
HOL UP
*equips pyromancy*
YOU BE SAYIN
*r1s with estoc*
WE WUZ KANGS?
>>
>>335727595
>>335728612
>>
>>335729080
>>335727403
>>
>>335729080
>Heide:bigger platform for Dragonrider
>Black Gulch:set fire to the pits from which the suckers come
>Earthen Peak:set fire to the windmill
>>
>>335729058
Shouldn't it be Lords?
>>
>>335729541
>Heide:bigger platform for Dragonrider
OMG THIS SO MUCH!I have the feeling if i wasn't there pointing for half an hour some of the people who summon me there would've never noticed the second lever.
>>
>>335729541
>>Earthen Peak:set fire to the windmill
That bullshit made zero sense.
>>
>>335729976
Stop the windmill from pumping poison up into the building?
>>
>>335730070
it also removers the poison near the first bonfire
>>
Why the fuck do you people try so hard to convince yourself that Dark Souls 2 was a horrible game? It was good, had a few sahitshows like the graphics and soul memory, but it played better than Dark 1, had more build variety, endless replayibility, NPCs that weren't all "Dohoho, he's curaaaaazy. See how he laughs at the end of Every. Sentence." and it was mostly finished. A First for Souls Games.
>>
File: maxresdefault (8).jpg (91 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (8).jpg
91 KB, 1280x720
>>335725531
>>335725107
Beats a giant orange wall that has no reason to exist.
>>
>>335730418
Befuckingcause it WAS a horrible game, and it will be horrible forever.
>>
>>335730070
In the sense that was zero context to the action of setting the fire.
>>
>>335730671
sorry, my bad
>>
>>335730270
>it also removers the poison near the first bonfire
Now that is just strange unless we are talking about connected tubes but the bonfire is too far away for a connection.So it is probably an oversight.
>>
File: DarkSouls2Aldia'sKeepCyclops.jpg (388 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
DarkSouls2Aldia'sKeepCyclops.jpg
388 KB, 1600x900
Does anyone else think DaS2 is kind of underrated aesthetically? It's a gorgeous game IMO
>>
>>335730634
What's magic in a fantasy setting?
>>
>>335730809
All this makes me think of is that one screencap of dead space on what I can assume were extremely low settings. Made it look like a different, and admittedly cool looking game.
>>
>>335730809
Post some Shrine of Amana/Things Betwixt/Heide's Tower of Flame/Doors of Pharos.
>>
>>335730809
what kind of setting are you even using?
>>
File: stylish.jpg (576 KB, 1920x2160) Image search: [Google]
stylish.jpg
576 KB, 1920x2160
>>335731004
Found it.
>>
>>335728539
Rat covenant was way more interesting and it added the blue covenant which was also interesting. DS3 only semi interesting covenant is purple, it its meh. Just able to attack host if you feel like it is kinda cool but nothing special.

>Fightclubs aren't DaS2 exclusive

I wasnt talking about fight clubs, I was talking about the arenas the red covenant had. 1v1, no estus. Really fun fights except for the shitboxes.

>It had more PVE combat

It had a ton more enemies to fight. The 1st 2 areas in DS3 are fun cause they got a bunch of enemies, like around that bonfire for instance with that fat bitch witch. But there arent that many in most other areas.
>>
>>335731164
>what kind of setting are you even using?
It is not minimum settings i can tell you that.I am running DaS II on minimal settings and it doesn't look like that.This looks modded.
>>
>>335730809
it was a hit or miss
some areas look absolutely stunning while others look like something straight out of a ps2 game
>>
>>335731313
brightcove and the place with the lion warriors are the two areas that feel very rushed visually to me.
>>
I see all these ''informed reviewer posts'' critiscizing DaS 1 2 and 3, praising some or all of these games.
Regular casual gamer review:
DaS had incredible areas and bosses, shit that had my jaws drop to the floor.
DaS2 had very good mechanics, much better weapon variety than DaS1 but the game in and of itself wasn't as much fun as DaS1 was
DaS3 felt 'epic' for the first couple hours. Music was incredibly good, the first area's felt thought out and incredibly well made, but DaS 3 dropped a lot of points throughout the game. Had some noticeably nice bosses but gimmicks felt meh.

Overall 1>3>2
I do not think DaS2 is a bad game at all, I just feel like the others are better.
>>
DaS2
>better enemy design
>better areas
>better pvp
>larger build variety
>hexes and magic and shit were actually useful
>harder game in general
>trap chests and not just "hurr make 80% of chests mimics!!"

DaS3
>better graphics
>better world design
>better npcs
>better boss design

Too bad both suffer from shitty enemy placements here and there and shitty netcode
I love every souls game but you can't just say "DaS2 is a shit!" because 1-2-3 are basically the same
>>
>>335731692
>Overall 1>3>2
>regular casual gamer review
>casual gamer
>casual
Casuals like 1 and 3.Color me surprised but i guess most people just can't handle the min maxing and the careful planning that soul memory required .
>>
>>335731924
>better npcs
No.
http://darksouls2.wikidot.com/npcs
>>
>>335731692
>DaS3 felt 'epic' for the first couple hours
lol what?
>>
>>335730657
Then Dark Souls 3 is a horrible game too, since it has the exact same problems with none of the upsides.

Give me one objective fucking thing Dark Souls 3 does better.
>>
>>335732059
>Belfry Guard
>The Rat King
Probably the NPCs that i love listening speak the most.
>>
File: 1457342747443.jpg (61 KB, 743x600) Image search: [Google]
1457342747443.jpg
61 KB, 743x600
>>335731253
>and it added the blue covenant
Which blue? The "help me" covenant? I mentioned them.

>Rat covenant was way more interesting
Gravelords were much better than rats.
It didn't work well but at least it didn't die after a week
Grapes are just purple invaders who can fuck around.

I don't get your problem with the PvE.
Fat bitches are also just lame fat officials

Also have a cute bunny eating cookies
>>
>>335732237

pvp hitboxes are much better. Theres still some blatant bullshit but by god was it constant bullshti in part 2.
>>
>>335731972
I'm not ashamed to admit that no, I did not like the min-maxing that went into planning a character just to be able to PVP at certain areas. I just wanted to run around and fuck shit up.

>>335732134
Did it not? They did a phenomenal job on the soundtrack and gundyr especially was a damn nice tutorial boss.
I can honestly say that I was playing with a giant smile on my face until at least farron keep
>>
DK2:
-health caps at half if keep dying
-enemies don't respawn eventually
-can't level up at any bonfire
-magic uses endurance to cast
-start with only 2 Estus flasks

does Dark Souls 3 fix the above?
>>
>>335730418
Not everone thinks DaS 2 is a HORRIBLE GAME-U, it's just that most everyone rated DaS 2 the 'worst of the series'. Being the worst of something does not make something inherently BAD. It just means it's not as good as the rest.
>>
>>335732780
YES
>>
>>335732134
I know right? Nothing compares to Oceiros, Dancer, and Nameless, and those are hardly in the 'first couple hours'.
>>
>>335732532
>I just wanted to run around and fuck shit up
>I did not like the min-maxing that went into planning a character
Character building in the main reason to play ARPGs of this sort. If you don't like to build up your character you should play a different type of game.
>>
>>335732532
But in DaS2 you can just reassign your points with the soul vessel.
>>
>>335713619
>The combat was better than dark souls
I bought it and throw it in the fucking trash can after playing this crap for like 45 minutes and got back to the original DS because the combat system is fucking SHIITT.
>>
>>335732780
>enemies don't respawn eventually
That is not true.They can respawn forever if you want.
>magic uses endurance to cast
Thank god for that or we'd have 90% more rolling casting faggots that just spell spam.
>>
>>335733186
I was about to write that.
>>
>>335733186
A feature which I appreciated fondly once I found out about it.

Mind you I played through the game 2-3 times at most whilst ignoring most of the online functionalities. I pumped my stats into whatever shit seemed useful the first time around.
>>
>>335732467
Phantom Range is alive and well friend.
>>
File: photo_2016-04-27_20-20-01.jpg (27 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-04-27_20-20-01.jpg
27 KB, 540x540
>>335733007
What the fuck does soul memory have to do with character building

>>335733186
>>335733406
That was neat but what does it change about SM?

>>335733328
>>enemies don't respawn eventually
>That is not true.They can respawn forever if you want.
Cheecky little cunt
>>
>>335732780
>-start with only 2 Estus flasks
Now you start with 3 that heal jack shit! And no other health items.
>>
>>335728612
>>335729541
You said small little details.
Aside from setting the slug pits on fire and the amana singing i knew all of those, and i rushed the game.
Also setting the iron windmill on fire made zero sense.
>>
>>335733007
I have played and still play Dark Souls purely for the PvE, the PvP and co-op doesn't interest me much. Therefore the min-maxing doesn't apply to me that much since I don't care if I overlevel or underlevel or whatever the fuck. I'll do whatever I need to beat the game solo.
>>
>>335733328
>That is not true.They can respawn forever if you want.
Only if you use an item that by itself is of limited quantity.
And commit in NG++++++, which can't be fun considering how DS 2 enemies by default tend to have way over inflated health.
>>
No but as time goes by people realize not everything about it was bad and having a discussion once in a while about the good aspects of a game doesn't mean sucking it's dick

I think DaS2 did some things quite well compared to DaS3, especially variety, but I'm gonna prefer 3 over 2 any day of the week
>>
>>335734047

There is an other way
>>
>>335721415
i somehow managed to survive the fall from that bridge down to the ledge, with around 5% hp. the ledge caught my attention but i didn't know you could cut the bridge, so i just jumped down and was lucky i guess

always look below when you're in these types of caves. didn't the gutter and black gulch teach you anything?
>>
>>335734162
Don't bother the le DaS2 is le bad meme is a recent invention, and the shitposting really only started around the time of Bloodborne, and if you wanna get technical, SotFS, there were a fuckton of civil DaS2 threads for at least a year and a half
>>
>>335734047
>Only if you use an item that by itself is of limited quantity.
What is Covenant of Champions? For those of us that farmed the Ruin Sentinels it was a blessing.
>>
>>335721415
I found smouldering lake during my first playthrough, it's not THAT hard to find, You see loot at the bottom of the pit you walk across, doesn't take a genius to figure out there's SOME way to get down there. Just takes some puzzling to find out HOW to get there.
>>
File: dark souls completion.png (79 KB, 815x628) Image search: [Google]
dark souls completion.png
79 KB, 815x628
>>335710594
More people beat dark souls 2 so it must have held their attention longer ergo, it must be the better game.
>>
>>335734342
>how to spot someone who came here in summer of 2014
People have been complaining since the vanilla release you fucking lying piece of shit.
>>
>>335734568
It's not like DaS 1 was first a GFWL game.
>>
File: 1454282569298.png (642 KB, 480x516) Image search: [Google]
1454282569298.png
642 KB, 480x516
>>335734632
>People have been complaining since the vanilla release you fucking lying piece of shit
Not to the extent like the current forced meme that surrounds it
>>
>>335734568
garbage comparison. dark souls had gfwl for the longest time. so alot of achievements dont carry over. you are also comparing a game that recent came out and has less sales than 2 so far.
>>
File: BrpWcNu.gif (930 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
BrpWcNu.gif
930 KB, 500x281
Dark Souls 2 has a better NG+.
>>
>>335734809
>that backpedalling
you're full of shit
Most people disliked DaS2 from the beginning.
And not only here, many youtubers who got mildly popular thanks to DaS were disappointed by it from the beginning.
>>
>>335732908
Um, so these people are lying or you are?
>>335733328
>>335733679
>>
>>335734809
Because people either falseflag or really care that much that DaS2 is considered the weakest Souls game. I think the latter are people who were too late for the DeS/DaS bandwagon and hoped to be on time with DaS2

People were really hyped during DaS2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-6JG2Xd0u8
Hype and Beginner Help threads were always on the frontpage, people were playing and hoping to finally get to the good stuff and went through consecutive ng+ cycles.

It's good but easily not as good as the other Souls games.
>>
>>335710594
Absolutely not.

But DS3 is certainly not flawless.
The balance in builds is quite bad, for example.
>>
>>335735098
>>335735098
DaS2 shitters are always grasping at straws.
They live in a world of delusion.
>>
>>335735298
What is so different about DaS2 NG+ cycles? Can't remember what changes
>>
>>335735550
New gear, new enemies, new or different enemy spawns.
>>
dar ksouls 2, from a gameplay perspective, is leagues above dark souls 1 & 3. it's kind of funny how much they dumbed things down for the third game.
>>
>>335735818
adding dumb stats does not make a better game
>>
>>335735550
>more black phantoms, both NPC's and mobs
>more gear
>more enemy spawns
>boss fights change, some have special mobs that spawn
>Dukes Dear Freja attacks you far before her boss fight
>a couple more changes, can't remember.
>>
>>335735818
Cute that you say that, when DaS2 has infinite lifegems from early game, and ring of sacrifice can be repaired.
This is just fucking sad.
Also sm because shitters can't handle twinks.
>>
>>335734568
PCucks mainly played Dark Shit 2.
>>
>>335735716
>>335736085
Oh yeah, those red/black phantoms were really stupid though.
It's not like they put enough enemies on some places in the first place.

I really think they thought that what made DeS/DaS so good was that what made the games so popular
>>
>>335713257
One is an overhyped gimped piece of shit, the other is an actually somewhat critically reviewed game. I like DaS2, but it's not as good as 3.
>>
>>335714063
>Its the souls cycle

Try the /v/ cycle pham, happens with every series
Thread replies: 216
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.