[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we fix it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: Fablebox.jpg (49 KB, 256x329) Image search: [Google]
Fablebox.jpg
49 KB, 256x329
How do we fix it
>>
>>335709242
I liked Fable 2. Even if it felt a bit rushed by the end of it.
>>
>>335709242
There wasn't a whole lot wrong with it other than it simply being an over-hyped piece of shit.

/thread
>>
unfixable.
if he didn't chat shit before the game comes out about how '''''''''''''revolutionary'''''''''''''' it is.
people may have liked it more.
>>
>>335709610
Peter Molyneux has some sort of complex where every game he makes he says it's ground-breaking and revolutionary. I'd take any thing he says about games within the future with a kiloton of salt.
>>
>>335709242
>give the IP to competent devs
>use the games lore to make an old kingdom spin off
>disregard everything after Fable 2 as non canon
It's not like Microsoft can do anything more with it. Lionhead are dead and the franchise wasn't selling like they thought it would. It's up for grabs. We just need someone decent to get it so it doesn't fall into obscurity or Spyro/Crash Bandicoot territory.
>>
>tfw fable is one of my top 5 games
>>
>>335710425
I wouldn't go as far as to say top 5, but it's one of those games I have a particular nostalgia for, and one that every couple of years I do a playthrough of.

For me it's like Oblivion. I can totally see why people dislike it, but its just so full of charm and memorable moments.
>>
I liked it. I even enjoyed playing Fable 3.
Fight me.
>>
>>335709242
Slow down the fucking aging holy shit why am i suddenly an old man
>>
>>335709242
Fable 1 was pretty much perfect, the only thing it could do better was being bigger in every respect and add a few "little details" like being able to grab weapons or foods laid out around the bandit camp as props.
>>
>>335711661
You actually can do this with some bandit weapons. It requires Bruce Lee tier reflexes, but for a split second they sometimes put their weapons on the floor when they sit down.

All the weapons weapons (including a secret full set of weapons called repeating crossbows) can be found in the games files, and are all fully usable by the player.
>>
>>335711382
you spent all your years on 4chan
>>
File: 1331489624053.jpg (18 KB, 403x286) Image search: [Google]
1331489624053.jpg
18 KB, 403x286
>>335712060
>>
>>335709242
fable 1 had so much hype behind it, even though i only remember a tiny amount of it

fuck peter molyneux, lying fuck
>>
>>335711341
>I even enjoyed playing Fable 3.
>Fight me.
I think I'll just pity you instead
>>
>>335709583
>/threading yourself

Topkek faggot end yourself.
>>
File: cantdewthis.jpg (81 KB, 555x550) Image search: [Google]
cantdewthis.jpg
81 KB, 555x550
>>335709242
>tfw it always crashes during the archery training when you are supposed to shoot the moving dummies
>tfw same thing happens on both intel and amd cards
>tfw I haven't found a single solution in any forum
Why does everything work perfectly but implodes as soon as the dummies are supposed to move? I've been trying to fix it for years ;_;
>>
>>335711341
>>335712283
Fable 2 and Fable 3 are as bad/good as each other. They pale in comparison to Fable 1/TLC, and that's considering how mediocre the latter is.
>>
>>335709242
>implying fable tlc / anniversary isnt perfect
>>
Two is my favorite.
Best vidya dog.
>>
>>335709242
Its a good game, it had some brilliant graphics on its release. The karma system was really unique and the combat was pretty good for its time.
Would probably play it again sometime
>>
>>335709583
/thread

It was a fine action-RPG that made "choices" mainstream but not the amazing sandbox it was hyped to be
>>
>>335710610
This.
I loved how colorful Oblivion was and adored it as a kid but the gameplay was fucking awful without mods now that I look back at it.
>>
>Archery was lacklusting
>By the end only swords/magic matter.
>Needs more Jack Of Blades
>Either be Bulky by the end or go home.
> Fable 2 PC NeverEver
>>
>>335709242
Fable 1 was a great game, if a bit short and easy.

I had such high hopes for the series, it could have been so good, especially since i didnt check out any of the extensive hyping up and marketing, i went in not knowing about all that.
>>
>>335709242
You don't, it's a great game
>>
FABLE (2004) is a good and classic to me. I was fourteen at the time and I loved it. I rented it from blockbusters and played it all-day and night to get multiple play-throughs as an anti-hero warrior, evil archer, and holy saint mage.

I was interested in the combat mechanics and combat multiplier and engaged in the good/bad deeds I could do. The world was very comfy and what little I heard of the other heroes and villains as I played through inspired me to daydream as I earned renown/trophies and titles/names for my hero.

Gosh I loved that creepy sacrifice/demon alter area, I felt so naughty, seduced, and curious whenever I went there. The arena was where I could really spread my wings and learn how to fight with the different play-styles. Jack of Blades kinda came outta nowhere for me and I'm not sure about what the end of the game was about, it's been a while, but I think that's where the game fell short for me--I don't remember.

I haven't heard of any of the hype for the game before playing it, so I was just taken away by it moment after moment without a second thought for most of the game. It was simple and good.

I never expected it to be made into a series, now that I think about all it needed was some good dlc, but it was a different time.

I played Fable 2 for 5-10 mins before losing interest and shutting it down to move on to something else. I only watched a video of Fable 3 before dropping it as well. Many things about Fable 1 drew me into the world and gave it meaning to me, the others failed and I felt nothing.
>>
>>335716045
You were supposed to mix the different weapons and magic together tbH.
>>
>>335709242
Fable TLC will forever be my favorite fantasy game.
It's controls are shit and the combat is tedious, but it's worldbuilding and lore is one of a kind.
Fable 2 was eh, I loved the free-roaming, but the story felt like a chore, and the only 'hero' I cared for was Reaver, because he was rather funny.
Fable 3 was awful, the controls are well-polished, but all whimsical storytelling have been scraped away, leaving a bare husk of bullshit.

To fix this, you must go back to the roots. Fuck all the 'mature' shit and 'weighty consequences.' Make each character stand out. Throw out all recurring characters and make new ones. TLC was based on fairy tales and English Folklore, go back to that.
>>
>>335717975
I miss the fantasy setting too, more classic traditional fantasy which Fable did well. The series gets a point for at least attempting something different with the progressing technology and industrial revolution era fantasy but attempting something different is really all it can get for that.

I knew the series was doomed when magic got streamlined and bows and armor was removed.
>>
comfiest game ever
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.