[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok /v/ here is the dilemma. The crashed UFO on the right is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Xcom.jpg (81 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Xcom.jpg
81 KB, 640x480
Ok /v/ here is the dilemma.

The crashed UFO on the right is an abducter with Sectoids. It probably has psionic aliens on it and it'd be my first time capturing one, which unlocks psionic training.

On the left is a terror ship full of Snakemen (which come with motherfucking Chryssalids) heading to South America to start a terror mission. I have an interceptor (with plasma) which may or may not be able to shoot it down first.

I only have one skyranger. If I hit the abducter and my interceptor cannot shoot down the terror ship, I'm not going to be able to do the terror mission. But if I don't hit the abducter I'm going to either end up doing the terror mission and losing my shot at psionics, or I'll probably end up having to do the abducter at night.

wat do?
>>
>>335707641
Savescum
>>
>>335707641
Play like a human. Save people.
>>
Never skip terror mission you fucking gaylord, they take away shitload of points from your monthly score
>>
>>335707878
I'm pretty good on points though, I took out a base this month which ended up being like +1100. But I would probably lose Brazil
>>
sell everything and buy as many scientists as you can
>>
>>335707857
But what if psionics allow me to save more people later?
>>
How long ago did you shoot down the Abductor?
>>
>>335707641
Nobody cares about South America.
Cartel will fuck them up.
Get the psyonics.
>>
The safest option would be to go for the Abductor since it's close by, and take the Terror Ship/Mission after. Assuming you don't fuck up and lose the Skyranger, you can take care of both in a short time span. If your squad gets rekt at the Abductor, you can just arrive and abort at the Terror Mission. That's probably what you should do anyway.

Going for the Terror Mission first ensures that you solve that problem, but risks losing the Abductor. Of course, if you shot it down only recently, it'll last until the Skyranger gets back.

Whatever you do, DON'T SKIP THE TERROR MISSION. Even aborting is better for your score.
>>
If you have a craft always heading towards the terror mission, it wont despawn. wait till like right before it despawns to send interceptor to terror mission to give you more time to rearm the fodder on the skyranger
>>
>>335707641
You can always attempt to shoot down the terror ship overseas, which will save you the problem of having to dedicate a cleanup crew.
>>
>>335707641
>South America
>Chryssalids

Nope, Brazil can go fuck itself.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.