[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>see trailier for this >first thing first fucking thing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 261x122) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 261x122
>see trailier for this
>first thing first fucking thing revealed is wang has some bitchy female voice in his head

well gee i didnt know hype could be killed that quickly
>>
>RPG elements
>Damage numbers
>Concern rises
At least the movement seems cool.
>>
>>335694623
i didnt make it that far the voice in head thing killed it for me especially the fact iot started off and the first thing it said was a bitchy remark
>>
>>335694534
she also has a big ol hud thing that shows up when she's talking and takes up a decent chunk of the screen
>>
>>335694623
you forgot:
>procedurally generated maps

hell, the 2013 SW was shit, but now they're not even trying anymore.
>>
>>335695693

Procedurally generated maps mite b cool
>>
>>335694623
/v/ just shits on anything and everything don't they? I have literally never seen you guys praise a game
>>
>>335695693
Check your listening comprehension moron, the main story and side quests are not procedurally generated, there is a procedurally generated set of missions that you can play if you want.
>>
>Rpg elements
>Damage numbers
>Bitchy girl voice in head
>Takes up large potion of hud when bitching

I see a pattern.
>>
>>335695808
no
>>
>>335695884
I could name 20 games /v/ likes
>>
>>335695693
>hell, the 2013 SW was shit, but now they're not even trying anymore.
It's not that they aren't trying - they are in fact quite clearly improving a lot on the things people complained most - lack of enemy variety, very small and linear corridor levels, generally dull weapons, not enough variety with melee combat.

That said, they are quite clearly moving towards a rather different genre all together. It's clearly moving towards Borderlands without the loot with more satisfying combat rather than the original Shadow Warrior: coop focus, generated maps, hubs, more detailed character progression. You might not like it, I personally aren't much fond of it, but then again the original Shadow Warrior wasn't amazing, and them trying to reinvent it seems like a fair strategy.
>>
>>335695884
im jiust pissed the the companion seems to be a complete and unrepentant bitch its attempting to be funny but coming off sounding and seeming annoying at best
>>
I just wish devs would stop trying to jam pointless level-up systems into shooters.

No, I don't want to learn "+50% damage" skill, just make the player learn how to aim better!
>>
>>335696458
>I just wish devs would stop trying to jam pointless level-up systems into shooters.
In the 2012 Shadow Warrior it was really rather pointless indeed. Especially the weapon upgrade system, which actually really hurt the game.

Shadow Warrior 2 is quite clearly going further away from classic FPS formula, so it actually does make some sense. Had to tell if it's going to be a good game, but the design philosophy is at least consistent.
>>
>>335696210
wow some balanced arguments in a /v/ thread? is it gay ass day or am i dreaming in a deep coma?
>>
>>335694534
>procedurally generated maps
>RPG elements
>loot
>damage numbers
>MMO objectives

They should have just named this Borderlands: Ninja Edition

I'm still upset they made a reboot to Shadow Warrior and then made it NOTHING like the original. When will this fucking trend die already?
>>
>>335697050
Shut the fuck up you fat fucking nigger,
>>
>>335696458
yes

give different swords with progressive difficulty through the levels and it's fine

i tried to play the game a second time to get all unlocks on insane mode, but i don't feel like playing it anymore
>>
>>335696210
>the original Shadow Warrior wasn't amazing

Maybe, but I'll take the original over the reboot any day of the week. At least it's an actual shooter and not a first person slaher with some guns thrown in out of obligation.
>>
>>335697164
When being a hardcur gaymen stops being cool.
>>
Holy shit stop bitching this game looks great.
>muh numbers
I damn sure you can turn that off. You can turn it off in every other game.
>muh upgrades
What's wrong with upgrades? It adds replay value and the ability to turn your grenade launcher into a lightning launcher.
>muh bitch voice
Only valid complaint. That's gonna get annoying. I miss my demon bro
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (34 KB, 570x394) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
34 KB, 570x394
>>335694534
Having a woman inside your head can be great though. Remember Xana from Dark Messiah?
>>
>>335697465
i wq2atched the gameplay the player kept backlng off and having to give the monsters ground hjaving to back off makes your character look wimpy real men go in hard and ruthlessly and kill thousands in the process only a pussy EVER back off

>>335697646
it can be when she is not just a fucking nag like she seems to be in this game
>>
>>335697347
>Maybe, but I'll take the original over the reboot any day of the week.
Ah, sorry, I expressed myself poorly. By "original" I meant the remake. The very original Shadow Warrior was pretty good.

>>335697465
>What's wrong with upgrades?
The last game completely neutered the gunplay and made all the new games unsatisfying as fuck. Constant rummaging through cupboards to gather enough dosh to make your gun not shit, while simultaneously fretting that improving one condemns the others to being absolute shite wasn't fun. The character upgrades did not add that much either.
>>
>>335695693
>hell, the 2013 SW was shit
but it was pretty good, slashing shit up was satisfying, only problem is that guns weren't very useful and felt lacking power
>>
>>335694534
it will be shit because SJWs ruined Lo Wang's personality.
>>
>>335697842
>The very original Shadow Warrior was pretty good

Excellent taste, anon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1k8oHxM_6Y&ab_channel=s1lphatos
>>
>>335698031
>it will be shit because SJWs ruined Lo Wang's personality.
You people are actually mentally ill.
>>
>>335698031
got any proof?
>>
>>335697465
>What's wrong with upgrades?
They gimp you for a huge chunk of the game, which makes me want to replay it less.

In older FPS games (Doom, Blood, Serious Sam) you get your weapons, you use them and they're good till the end of the game. Whenever there's an upgrade system it usually means you have to invest a lot of XP/money/whatever to make them actually viable.

Now I'm all for upgrading your weapons in RPGs, but this is "supposedly" an FPS. And it's not like Borderlands where you get different guns, here you have the same guns for the whole game but they start out shit.
>>
>>335697856
Mashing LMB to win by spamming melee is not great gameplay. Especially in a shooter. I still can't believe they actually secured a sequel, and that people liked the gameplay of the first game.
>>
>>335698671
more like mashing W*2 and hold LMB
>>
>>335698671
>Mashing LMB to win by spamming melee is not great gameplay
Not that I don't agree with you, but isn't shooting just mashing LMB to shoot?
>>
>>335698671
You had plenty of powers to use, if you're only using LMB you're doing it wrong
>>
>>335698337
Not him but yeah he was toned down a little, the original game received some backlash so I guess it's only natural to change him.
Is not that big of a deal, he is still an asian asshole and it doesn't really have an impact in the game.
>>
>>335698814
The combo system to use powers was the shittiest thing ever, and all that matters is healing all the time. It's not that the original was a good D3D clone, but this is not an improvement at all.
>>
>Just bought Shadow Warrior in the Devolver bundle
>fun as fuck
>only thing I've heard of that comes close to Red Steel 2, which nails the gun/katana combat near perfectly. Motion controls blow dick, but it's still pretty fun
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.