[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stop saying Nintendo is doomed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 13
File: Nintendoisnotdoomed.png (85 KB, 773x773) Image search: [Google]
Nintendoisnotdoomed.png
85 KB, 773x773
http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2016/04/27/please-for-the-love-of-god-stop-saying-nintendo-is-doomed

>As of this morning's statement, Nintendo has about $5bn in cash in the bank. That's not even counting property and its many other assets and bonds, which altogether total over $10bn

>It's not actually losing money at the moment, though - Amiibo, the currency markets, and various other things have kept it in a healthy profit for the majority of the past several years despite the Wii U's very weak sales

>Nintendo has sold hundreds of millions of games and consoles in the past decade, which although not in any way a guarantor of future success flies right in the face of the "Nintendo's been in terminal decline for ages" nonsense that seems to follow every single Nintendo financial report

I think she's right. I'm pretty tired of all the Nintendo doomsday bullshit.
Regarding the NX, we all know that Nintendo are excellent marketers; if they decide that it's better not to show it at E3, it's probably the case.
>>
>>335693104
but it is. They keep making retarded decisions. they can't keep this for long.
>>
Nintendo is doomed thank god
>>
It's fun to overexaggerate about things
I'm just shitposting because its fun and there are no nintendo products I am interested until NX
>>
>>335693104
As a company they are fine and stable

As a gaming company, no.
>>
>>335693104
>kotaku
>.uk
>>
>didn't post an archive link

It doesn't matter how much money they have in the bank. It matters that the demo they've been spending a decade directly appealing to (actual kids) doesn't give 2 shits about nintendo anymore.
>>
Nintendo, as we know it now, is doomed
>>
Nintendo can buy more than one of Japan's large publishers. They're fine, as rough as right now admittedly is.
>>
>>335693104
Remove Amiibo
>>
>>335693104
Indeed, they have money and all, sadly they have been creating retarded decisions lately.
>>
They'll have no choice but to make better decisions if everyone assumes they're doomed.
>>
>in cash
>in the bank

that's not cash retard
>>
>kotaku
kill yourself my man
>>
Nintendo is doomed is a meme
>>
>>335693104
>kotaku
Fuck off Nintenyearold.
>>
>>335693221
>They keep making retarded decisions. they can't keep this for long.
Yet they still turn a profit.
>>
>>335693104
It's LITERALLY been going on since fucking AOL chatrooms were a thing. You're about 15-20 years too late if you want people to stop this shit.
>>
File: 2525134-gj4tz.gif (45 KB, 306x299) Image search: [Google]
2525134-gj4tz.gif
45 KB, 306x299
nintendo is doomed since the 1980s
>>
>>335693104
>Nintendo has excellent marketers

WII FUCKING U
METROID "THIS IS A REAL METROID GUIZESS XDDD" FEDEEATION FORCE

I own a 3DS and a PS4 yet I'm pissed.
>>
File: 1453782892449.jpg (128 KB, 1500x800) Image search: [Google]
1453782892449.jpg
128 KB, 1500x800
They're doomed for me. I don't want my games censored anymore. I don't care about their revenue or profits
>>
>>335693104
>Kotaku
>Agreeing with Kotaku

Hahaha
>>
>>335693104
>linking to kotaku
>agreeing with kotaku

There's being desperate and then there's you
>>
File: do the opposite.jpg (21 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
do the opposite.jpg
21 KB, 500x375
>>335693104

>didn't think nintendo was doomed anyway
>See thread
>Kotaku says nintendo isn't doomed

Okay, nintendo is doomed
>>
>>335693104
>Nintendo are excellent marketers
Anon pls, there were people at least two full years after the Wii U launched that STILL didn't realize that it was a new console and not a Wii peripheral device. Maybe in the past Ninty had good marketing, but Nintendo's marketing in the past 4+ years has ranged from just okay to outright terrible.
>>
This gen was the end of nintendo for me. I don't care if I ever play a new zelda or 3d mario again. There's been enough of those. They refuse to make other IPs. Kirby is the same every time. The wii u is a hot piece of shit with overpriced rehashes. Zelda is coming for nx? Thanks for pissing in that one last drink we were going to have together. Kids dont want nintendo and adults that arent pathetic are getting tired of being treated like shit to repeated experiences we didnt want.
>>
nice damage control
>>
>>335693221
Point is, every comment made here was made 10 years ago and is still being proven wrong every single time.

Nintendo are business men and they're good ones at that. They may lose our appeal but by no means will they stop making money, and if anything they will figure out ways into the untapped markets that the video game industry is, unfortunately, trying to appeal to.
>>
neo-/v/ gets its news from kotaku now?
>>
Nintendo is presently sitting on ~9b in cash & short term investments, and it makes up the majority of their ~12b in assets. This is very bizarre as they have more in cash than they do in annual revenue. Their year over year sales have dropped every year for the last 5 years. They aren't returning the capital to investors through share repurchases or special dividends, they aren't reinvesting it, and they aren't debt financing any of their activities -- they basically are just holding onto a pile of cash. While they aren't at risk of going insolvent anytime soon; as an investor nothing about their company would make me think they'd make good use of capital.
>>
File: samus slut.jpg (192 KB, 1013x2000) Image search: [Google]
samus slut.jpg
192 KB, 1013x2000
>Nintendo isn't doomed
>just the people who own a Wii U are doomed
>>
Also OP, you're caught up in this complex that most of /v/ and 4chan has. Real evidence of just how disconnected from reality the people here are.
If you think for a second that the opinions of the weaboo neckbeard losers here hold any water, and have any influence to the vidya industry, you seriously need to stick your head out the window and BREATH some fresh fucking air.
This place and most of the vocal internet (in terms of vidya) are minorities in comparison to the millions and millions of normies who buy these products, from all these jew companies regardless of how much their getting screwed or how immoral the practices.
It's sad to see the mass delusion, whenever a company announces something unfavorable to this community, and everyone swears off of buying the product as if their lack of purchase will actually have any effect or send any particular message. This happened with pretty much everything Nintendo does, Sony with their 4.5k thing. claiming they will lose their market since they will realize they're being jewed and feel betrayed and so on. And guess what, those normies will not give a flying fuck and they will buy the ps4.5, they'll keep buying DLC, Access pass, Pre-orders and perpetuating pre-order bonus material, pay to win and pay to play, the new 3DS or NX, the new xbone upgrade if it comes out with one. All these things will be bought because normies do not give a fuck. They don't think like you, no one does, if they did, then businesses would actually have to care and be honest about their products. But this model is based around the fact that they keep buying this shit and always will. They don't care, they're not at all as invested into this shit like most of you are, they just wanna play games and they will if they can afford it. Why pander to you losers when there is a huge market of people who mindlessly buy shit.
>>
I'm a Nintendo fanboy but even I have to say I can't believe how fucking dead the WiiU is now. There is literally nothing else coming out in 2016. This is it.
>>
>Kotaku

Go fuck yourself
>>
>>335694630
>Nintendooomed
>Agreeing with people that have been wrong since the 90s
>>
>>335695207
I think that they just have different goals than yours. AFAIK, they've never said that their primary goal was to please investors. Them putting a shitload of money on the side is just to ensure their continued existence and is coherent with their goal of putting out entertainment products.
>>
>>335695280
Point is, no one gives a flying fuck about your opinions /v/. You're all just a bunch of annoying, entitled and whiny babies to everyone else and that's a fair point. You're not in anyway worth pandering to, you're a waste of time and effort to try to make money from, and even you hypocrites continue to buy these products because you just wanna play some damn video games. Funny enough, you'll run back here to talk about how shit your purchase was and how you'll never fall for the same tricks again and yet every fucking year you buy and buy and buy.

It's like you morons think that people are gonna stop buying an iphone because a new phone with tons of better features and hardware came out.
There are tons and tons of phones that are better than the iphone objectively in their features and hardware specs and yet every god damn year, people want the new iphone above all else.

No one thinks like you retards, get a god damn grip.
Nintendo will continue to be successful, so will Sony, so will xbox even if they're not in the best shape right now and PC will continue to creep up in numbers.
And the jewing will only get worse and the majority, which sooooooooooo far outweigh you, will comply every time.

Your choice is to either abstain from vidya all together, pirate, or pay up. And you almost always pay up anyway.
>>
>>335693104
Nintendo isn't doomed but the news that came out today is a huge slap in the face of all Wii U owners. I think at this point people have a right to get angry.
>>
>>335694630
>kotaku makes bland, obvious and general statment
>EVERYBODY WE HAVE TO BE CONTRARIAN TO KOTAKU XD
I hope theh riht an article telling people not to jump off a bridge, in hopes that you would jump off a bridge just to be a contrarian retard
>>
File: image.jpg (149 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149 KB, 1600x900
>>335693104
This is the worst it's ever been for them though.
>>
>>335695525
You know, I don't come here to be reminded of this. Sometimes I just want catharsis, Anon-kun.
>>
>>335695365
>>335693869
>>335693921

Why are we supposed to hate kotaku?
>>
>>335693104
>Regarding the NX, we all know that Nintendo are excellent marketers; if they decide that it's better not to show it at E3, it's probably the case.
where were you when the WiiU marketing happened and everyone confused it for the Wii?
>>
>>335694165
Surely you mean the 1890's?
>>
>>335693104
>kotaku
nope
http://archive.is/RbLSo
>>
>>335693104
People yell Nintendoom because they don't want to buy two boxes to play all the games. It would be more concerning if people spoke nothing about them, like certain other companies.
>>
Kotaku is doomed, I can confirm.
>>
>>335695920
sup reddit
>>
>>335693104
I don't like Kotaku.

I fucking hate Nintendo's past two years.

But the article is correct.
>>
>>335693104

>linking directly to shitaku

not even reading your post
>>
>>335695920

It's a meme you dip. Kotaku is actually a good vidya site that most of /v/ checks out on the daily
>>
>>335695742
How exactly is it a slap to the face to Wii U owners? They extended the lifespan of the damn thing
>>
>>335696213
KYS
>>
>>335693221
They can keep it up for long time
>>
Lmaoooooo you're still along about them.
>>
>>335693104
>linking Kotaku

I won't be buying that garbage, thread is dead on arrival.

>inb4 WHO CARES, YOU'RE A GOOFY GOOBER

Even before that shitshow, slowtaku has written pretty bad articles. Using that site as a reliable source is questionable at best.
>>
>excellent marketers
The Wii U in general disagrees.
Or currently their hilarious response to Federation Force's reception.
>NO ITS FINE! Cut to japanese producer saying its fine
That Direct was hilarious.
>>
File: nintendodoomed.jpg (148 KB, 600x550) Image search: [Google]
nintendodoomed.jpg
148 KB, 600x550
>>
File: weee.jpg (60 KB, 491x509) Image search: [Google]
weee.jpg
60 KB, 491x509
Eh, I enjoy their games and stuff regardless. If they do somehow go down, then I'll probably stop playing any sort of console and play emulators or something on my shitty laptop, since Xbox has never interested me and I don't really like any PS franchises or games. Nintendo stuff is pretty much the only thing I actually want to play.
>>
>kotaku

They are living off a gimmick. Ince their amiboo fad dies ofd like the wii, its ovee. Their profits will plumit
>>
File: 1394857162547.gif (1 MB, 600x340) Image search: [Google]
1394857162547.gif
1 MB, 600x340
>>335693104

>we all know that Nintendo are excellent marketers
>>
>>335695519
A company whose goal isnt to increase money is a failed company.
Funnily they actually try to do this by jewing customers more instead of reinvesting like any sane company but failed everytime.

>they've never said that their primary goal was to please investors
Then they should have never taken those billions from the investors and not gone to the stock market.

>ensure their continued existence
Because that works out so good for any company? Literally any company that played it safe and couldnt show growth drifted into obscurity due to being outperformed by other companies and ended up to exist.
Hell if you look up econmical "science" definition of evolution stages that companies go through you will see that after the growth period general insolvency/acquisition by another company/close down follows.
>>
File: 1456760130737.png (533 KB, 459x612) Image search: [Google]
1456760130737.png
533 KB, 459x612
>>335693104
>this blatant damage control

This whole thing has been amazing.
>>
>>335696601
>people have been saying Nintendoomed for literally 30 years

pottery
>>
>>335696236
>They extended the lifespan of the damn thing
>says this when yakuza man said that they were moving wiiu projects to the nx

I know it's hurts that Nintendo cucked you again but you don't need to lie to make yourself feel better
>>
>>335695742
Yes, that's true. I feel very disappointed, but that's not really my point. The nintendoomed opinion is a lot older and not everyone who's dispppointed is saying that Nintendo's gonna die.

>>335696236
Well, see that's the thing : You have two consoles. One of them will last 6 months and have 2-3 games. The other will last 1 year and have 2-3 games. The former is obviously better. That and people just want to see the Wii U die this summer to get the NX earlier.
>>
>>335697105
Well I mean the one that'll last shorter. I can't former and latter properly.
>>
>>335695873
What good has catharsis ever done for any of us? It would be just as effective to scream into a hole, and the hole would be much less likely to shitpost back in response.

Let's face it, the time anyone here could have ever done anything about the decline of Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft is long past, and even if they all collapsed I'm sure the companies that would fill the void successors would be just as bad or maybe even worse.

All that can be done now is either to justify your particular choice of poison or try to find another hobby, and I can say from experience that the latter is much harder than it sounds.
>>
>>335693861
It's liquid you twit, any difference with physical cash is meaningles
>>
File: 1441522892790-2.png (258 KB, 435x465) Image search: [Google]
1441522892790-2.png
258 KB, 435x465
>reads shitaku
>links to shitaku
>amiibo faggot in denial

sounds about consistent with what i expected these nintendo obsessed autists to be like
>>
>>335693104
>Please, for the love of God, stop saying Nintendo is doomed
What kind of professionalism is that?
>>
>>335695365
They put out a lot of shit but they also break stories, quit being a triggered faggot.
>>
>>335698475
The article is listed under rant
Plus kotaku is a blog site, not a news webite.
>>
>>335693104
They probably aren't showing NX at E3 because they don't want to compete for attention. Same reason they stopped doing stage presentations there in the first place. March 2017 release is making me think they just aren't ready though.
>>
The NX will sell less than the WiiU, with the way things are going.
>>
File: download.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
download.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>memetaku
>>
Well, Nintendo is going to show off the NX in an event just like Sony did for the PlayStation 4. They don't want competitors stealing ideas from the NX had it been shown off at E3 2016 instead.
>>
>>335698603
It seems really weird that they wouldn't be ready such a short time before release, but then again they were probably really in a hurry to make the console.

I also generally agree with not releasing a console at Christmas. This way it'll stop people from expecting the console to blow their dicks with amazing video games as soon as it releases and it'll have a decent catalog of games by Christmas most likely.

>>335698772
That's not a relevant indicator in any way, shape or form. Look at the transition from GC to Wii. It's impossible to say what'll happen until we at least know how hyped people are and even then it doesn't tell you the full story (see: PS3).
>>
Can't wait to see how E3 goes.

March release seems insane but what do I know.
>>
I don't give a fuck about they're financials.

I give a fuck about them releasing good games and a good console. They have two systems dead in the water with nothing coming for a year.
>>
File: 1456454996780.png (82 KB, 380x264) Image search: [Google]
1456454996780.png
82 KB, 380x264
Now that they're peddling mobile garbage, of course Kotaku would think Nintendo is cool.
>>
>>335699569
those key bumps add up, kouhai
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.