[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8
File: reeeeeeeeeeeeee.jpg (90 KB, 1016x568) Image search: [Google]
reeeeeeeeeeeeee.jpg
90 KB, 1016x568
Remember.
>>
>>335692945
who you are...
>>
>>335694780
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK2B5ffWR6g
>>
Didn't they say 2015 in 2014?

Some people even thought it be a 2014 release before that E3.
>>
>>335694936
Most nintendo fans weren't born yet
>>
>>335692945
It just got delayed to 2017.
>>
ITS OK WHEN NINTENDO DOES IT
>>
>>335692945
>>335694936
You know, I always defend Aonuma, he gave us MM and WW and most the hate seems to be based on nothing. But this faggot piece of shit LTIERALLY said in 2014 "we almost showed it on E3, the game is almost done."

Literally.

Fuck this shit.
>>
>>335692945

>that huge ass claymore

genuinely curious as to what they're going to do with the combat.
>>
>>335695185
Words cannot express how happy I am they delayed it. I want this game to be a contender for best game ever.
>>
Simpsons/Zelda crossover? Nintendo is certainly cashing in this year.
>>
File: 1444688204160.png (21 KB, 173x133) Image search: [Google]
1444688204160.png
21 KB, 173x133
NEVER EVER HAHAHAHA
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 220x284) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 220x284
>>335695185
>Aonuma
>giving us MM
>people still believe this

lol
>>
>>335694936
This happens with every zelda game. For some reason fans will claim it coming out the same year as the trailer, and when it doesnt theyll claim the next year.

I remember i got into a fight with a GS employee because he wanted to reserve skyward sword in 2010. I said why would i do that it wont be out for two years? He bickered it was totally comong out this year. Nah, and i was right. This is normal. Expect christmas 2017 or 2018
>>
>>335692945

2 0 1 7

N X
X

https://digital-complex.com/games/129-zelda-wii-u-delayed-and-set-to-be-released-on-the-nx
>>
>>335695278
I assume it easily will be, desu.

>awesome, big, fat, meaty Zelda dungeons
>check as always
>big, beautiful, non-linear open world with countless shit to find and see
>check

Those are the two important checks and we have them both.
>>
>>335695154
Literally no one is saying this
>>
>>335695382
>hipsters still post this meme guy

He wrote the story for the games, otherwise barely did anything.
>>
"The time when Zelda fans had to wait two or three years for a new installment, I was actually the director. I'm also rethinking the conventions of Aonuma at the same time that I'm rethinking the conventions of Zelda. Now that I'm in the position of producer, and not director, it's my responsibility to coordinate our efforts and make sure we're continuing to provide new experiences for the Zelda fan base. My hope is to be able to provide new games for our audiences maybe every year. Again, that's just my hope. I can't make any promises."
>>
>>335692945
Question is what the fuck have they been doing since the Wii U entered development in early 2010?

They have now had 6 fucking years to make a zelda game and havent done SHIT
>>
>>335695587
Well, obviously, the game is basically done and they're waiting for the best moment to release the NX.
>>
>>335695154
I rarely give a shit when any game is delayed. Every waking hour of mine is packed with some game or film or show, I can wait.
>>
File: bullshot zelda.jpg (215 KB, 1921x720) Image search: [Google]
bullshot zelda.jpg
215 KB, 1921x720
>>335692945
remember
>>
>>335695652
Thats fucking horseshit isnt it.

i mean its probably been done since 2015 but they saw how badly the wii u was doing and pulled it back.

Nintendo live in a bubble, i dont even buy any of their shit but i do emulate it and everything since the wii has been pure shitt so i dont know why people expect any difference 10 years later.
>>
>>335695587
Trying to train new talent. By making them work on remakes and handheld Zelda games.
>>
>>335695692
nice compressed image from youtube my new friend
>>
>>335695692
Fucking japs and their perfectionism.

They usually just end up remaking the same thing 10 times+ and by the time it comes out its shit

>See everyone of their cars since the 2000's
What the actual fuck.
>>
>>335695587
You'd know
>>
>>335695185
That was 2013, he said it was going super smooth, then in 2015 the year it was supposed to come out, we get no footage.

This game is in dev hell.
>>
>>335695835
i dont know why nintendo is still pushing this hybrid handheld shit.

Either put something decent out like the Vita/PSP level or get the fuck out of the market and leave the DS shit for mobile shovelappware.

Mobile gaming will kill the DS and then what? Oh they have their NX and whatever gimmick that comes next to fall back on ?
>>335695931
Actually last 5 years of my life has been pretty phun, only got shit this year.
>>
>>335695506
Also the guy behind z-targeting, Majora's 3 day cycle and directed Galaxy/Sunshine.
>>
File: codmaymays.jpg (68 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
codmaymays.jpg
68 KB, 1280x720
>>335692945
Remember, no games.
>>
>>335695990
They obviously want to take it in a million different directions

In 2010-2014 it was meant to sell the Wii U

Then in 2015 sales flopped and they started working on the NX
2017+ who the fuck knows it will probaby come out next year but it wont be very good.

See the GT5-6 games complete fucking messes and GT7 is looking the same way.

Jap devs are incompitent as fuck.
>>
>>335696114
>Majora's 3 day cycle

He was the guy behind the CONCEPT of Majora's 3 day cycle.

Everything that had to do with the execution of that cycle, including the sidequests and everything else, was all Aonuma.
>>
>>335696238
>Nu infinity ward will never make a good Cod after MW1
>Treyarch is starting to head the same way after Blops 2
Kill it all with fire
>>
File: lHnhzOp.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
lHnhzOp.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>>335692945
>>
>>335696114
He did everything memorable in Majora's Mask really.

>>335696323
Blatantly false. Koizumi is responsible for basically all of the Clocktown stuff and in Aonuma's own words, the darker elements of the game. Which is all anyone ever talks about.
>>
>>335696414
art style looks like trash anyway.
>>
>>335696323
>was all Aonuma
Go away Aonuma

Koizumi has an obvious streak for liking side characters in vidya, you can see this not just with shit he's worked on but multiple interviews he's had. He's also credited with the story for Majora.

In fact Aonuma almost fucked up Majora's Mask before Koizumi was pulled in to save it, bringing the days concept with him from a cancelled project he was on.
>>
I think the real reason they didnt release it is because the wii u was a underpowered pos and wasnt selling.

The console cant even run games from 2007 ffs.

Xenoblade and all the other exclusives look like ass.

Probably for technical reasons they just scrapped it and started again on the NX back in 2015 or earlier.

If you really think about it they shot themselves in with the gamepad touchscreen it raped the fuck out of the wii u having to render 2different screens and all the other stupid shit, would have looked alot better with just the pro controller

Thats what they get for sticking a fucking 2008 gpu into a 2012 console
>>
File: andrew-house-sony-ces-2014.jpg (18 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
andrew-house-sony-ces-2014.jpg
18 KB, 600x399
This guy strolls into Nintendo's headquarters

>Some of you guys are alright, don't go to E3 this year

Can't believe they actually listened.
>>
>>335696502
Aonuma did the stuff outside of clock town, and there was nothing wrong with any of it.

Let's not look at the stuff only Koizumi was responsible for and just retroactively pretend that those were the only good parts of MM. The entire game was exceptional.
>>
I'm happier when Nintendo act like perfectionists rather than businessmen about core franchises.
>>
>>335696323
Actually Aonuma was most the level design/dungeons guy for MM, as well as some silly shit like Tingle.

Everything else was Koizumi.
>>
>>335696805
I don't believe that for a second. Aonuma said in interviews he did silly stuff to offset the serious stuff Koizumi put in, but Koizumi would still be responsible for NPCs and the quests in the world. So Koizumi probably gave us Romani and Cremia, and Aonuma put in a race against beavers with punk hairstyles and multicolored goggles.

The only thing I can say for sure about Aonuma is that he was the level designer on Ocarina of Time, and the one aspect people don't care for in Majora's Mask is the dungeons. Which I like but if I were to boil down Majora's Mask to what made it exceptional, it wouldn't be the dungeons.
>>
>>335697034
They're not acting like perfectionists, though. We wouldn't even be HAVING these conversations if the NX didn't exist and they didn't try to simultaneously release it on both platforms to cash in on buyers.
>>
The game is 100% finished. The ONLY reason it's been delayed is so they can pull a Twilight Princess and release it on the next system.

Because that worked SO well the last time, right? *eyeroll*
>>
>>335697173
>I don't believe that for a second.

Only because you don't WANT to believe that. Aonuma flat-out said that he liked Koizumi's concept so much that he wanted to get in on some of the time-based quests as well, and then went on to explain that he gave Koizumi the reigns for Clock Town quests and himself all the stuff outside of Clock Town.

You're being incredibly irrational by asserting that Aonuma couldn't possibly do anything good with the game, especially when the interviews contradict you.
>>
>>335696692
xenoblade looks good what are you talking about
>>
>>335696805

Probably because everyone was able to focus on their specific aspects. The benefit of a game with no definitive progression is that you can have people manipulate the environment however they want instead of worrying about how it will affect other things.
>>
>>335697481
What interview? I can find this:

Koizumi: Just like its predecessor, Ocarina of Time, Majora’s Mask has characters that can be controlled by the player. Part of my job was to make several enhancements to those characters. I also created scheduled events, which served as subplots that progressed alongside the main storyline.

Miyamoto: We had 6 directors working on Majora’s Mask, just doing game design. There were even more directors in addition to them, but it was those 6 individuals that were involved in creating the foundation of the game. Aonuma was the supervising director, Koizumi worked on the sub-events and player-related aspects, Takano was in charge of the script, Usui was involved with the dungeons, and Yamada was the head of system management. Finally, Kawagoe served as the cutscene director.

Miyamoto: In Ocarina of Time, Aonuma mainly worked on the dungeons, and he also directed Marvelous – Another Treasure Island. For Majora’s Mask, however, he took on the role of supervising director, and was put in charge of the entire overworld, to boot.

But that still sounds like Koizumi was in charge of the NPC questines.
>>
>>335698007
>What interview?

Nintendo Dream's interview:

ND: From a fan side of view, it generates strong feelings how Mr. Aonuma and Mr. Koizumi made a game together and later got deeply involved with Zelda and Mario series, respectively.

Aonuma: Even though that is how it turned out, I nor Koizumi didn't think about it at the time (laughs). Speaking of our roles back then, Koizumi was responsible for planning events inside Clock Town and I planned surrounding areas, including dungeons.

ND: So the responsibilities were divided between inside and outside.

Aonuma: That is because Koizumi wanted to do a time management system and it was a good fit for Clock Town.

ND: I see. Mr. Koizumi came up with the time management system and was responsible for things related to it.

Aonuma: But I wanted to make things for the time management system, too. I said I wanted time management outside of Clock Town, but the gameplay becomes strict if the passage of time can be seen in dungeons and on the field. That is why I was told to include time management only in Clock Town.
>>
>>335694985
HAH
>>
File: 1460306616990.jpg (41 KB, 346x404) Image search: [Google]
1460306616990.jpg
41 KB, 346x404
>>335696794
Man, Robert Playstation is so cool
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.