[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the Souls killer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: nioh-logo.jpg (179 KB, 1900x962) Image search: [Google]
nioh-logo.jpg
179 KB, 1900x962
Is this the Souls killer?
>>
Nah.
>>
No.

Gameplay is slow and clumsy. Loot system is annoying. Getting knocked down over the slightest hit and then getting axed while down is idiotic. Graphics are shit (DF said action mode runs at 600p). Camera system is ass. Stamina meter is fucking stupid. Leveling up stats has no place in a TN game. Mechanics are poorly (or rather not even at all) explained.

Game was an extremely mediocre disappointment. Tried way too hard to ride the Souls wave of success rather than doing its own thing.

Here's all the things Nioh ripped directly from Souls:
>different rolls and speeds at weight thresholds
>picking up your "souls" off your bloodstain where you died previously
>other player bloodstains
>stamina bar
>gestures
>shortcuts
>weapon and gear system just like Souls
>level up system just like Souls
>weapon degradation (which has no place in a game like this)
>bonfi- I mean "shrines"
>estus fla- I mean elixers that refill at the "shrines"
>the tagline "Ready to die?"

I know Souls didn't "invent" (most) of these things, but it really is embarrassing and a bit sad that the pioneers of the 3D action genre have to ride the wave of another franchise's success and copy many of its key mechanics rather than doing its own thing.
>>
Cant kill something thats already dead. tfw no more souls games.
>>
File: 1461726462402.jpg (461 KB, 954x1902) Image search: [Google]
1461726462402.jpg
461 KB, 954x1902
Majority hates it.
>>
I like it, but holy shit does it lay it on THICK with the ripped off souls mechanics.
>>
File: 1458926814041.jpg (52 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
1458926814041.jpg
52 KB, 604x453
>>335690478
>>335691342
>ripped off Souls
>implying Souls hasn't been ripping off MH this entire time
>>
>>335690658
I hope you get banned for posting this you cancerous faggot.
>>
>>335691784
>banned for posting the truth
>>
>>335691527
Didn't it ripoff devil may cry?
>>
>>335691784
Couldn't get past the starting point?
>>
>>335690658
I haven't even played the game, nor have any intention to, but I can tell those people are just frustrated that it doesn't hold your hand.
>>
Honestly it felt clunky but once I played it enough I figured it out and the game became pretty easy. People hate it because the game actually punishes you for spamming your attacks and running out of stamina.
>>
>>335690478
Stale pasta
>>
>>335690478
Did it hurt your delicate hand to press both ctrl and v at the same time?
>>
>>335690478
>Gameplay is slow and clumsy.
Lol, no.

>Loot system is annoying.
true.

>Getting knocked down over the slightest hit and then getting axed while down is idiotic
Stop getting hit with no stamina

>Stamina meter is fucking stupid.
You're a stupid

basically, git gud or git out, casual
>>
>>335690478
>a shortcut is ripped of from dark souls
Yeah and they probably ripped it of Zelda
>>
>>335693128
Go back to your containment board nigger
>>
>>335690478
Did you seriously copy this into notepad so you could paste it into every Nioh thread?
>>
In today's marketing world there are no "killers". You cannot overtake an established fan base by copying a game. It doesn't fucking happen.
>>
File: 1268081875802.gif (2 KB, 210x187) Image search: [Google]
1268081875802.gif
2 KB, 210x187
Name one "blank" killer that has ever succeeded in gaming.
>>
>>335693641
Persona practically killed the chances for all mainline SMT to be developed as AAA title
>>
>>335693751

It's a spinoff of the same series made by the same devs, that's not the same thing. That also happened in the previous decade and wouldn't be a good representation of the modern market anyways.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.