[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me about healing magic. Why does it even work. I can buy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
Tell me about healing magic. Why does it even work.

I can buy the idea of drinking red medicinal liquid to restore your health, but a flash of white light?
And before you use "it's magic lol" argument, this isn't about it. I'm discussing a scenario where magic exists. Think about it this way:
Magic that create fireball used to kill things = totally legit because fire kill things.
Magic that create flash of light used for healing = ????
>>
>>335690014
It enhances your natural regeneration.
>>
why does drinking red liquid to heal make sense but shooting white shit doesn't?
>>
>>335690014
light magic replacing lost cells and broken bones

Also why does that trap have breasts?
>>
>>335690246
You'd be surprised but medicine is a concept that is legit even in this real, boring world
>>
>>335690014
It's nothing but selected reverse entropy in which quantum mechanics is used to selectively turn back time to restore wounds to a state before they occurred. All magic is just science in disguise.
>>
File: 1382054329668.gif (353 KB, 267x229) Image search: [Google]
1382054329668.gif
353 KB, 267x229
Holy light of the heavens removes wounds and cures you of its effects
Nature energy increases the speed at which your wounds regenerate
Water magic that's pure healing spirit water that cleanses your body of ill effects and closes wounds
>>
>>335690528
>implying science isn't just magic in disguise
>>
>>335690342
you'd be surprised but that's not how medicine works
>>
>>335690014
I don't gotta explain shit
>>
Semen has a variety of health benefits from skin moisturiser to muscle nutrition.
>>
The white light is red medicinal liquid in magic form.
>>
>>335690748
How come time magic never heals by reversing your body to before you got hurt?
>>
File: 1460247693659.gif (286 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1460247693659.gif
286 KB, 500x281
Because it's magic.
Why are you so autistic?
>>
>>335691029
It'd erase your memories too and shit, it'd be weird. You COULD use Time magic to heal, but there'd be massive complications. What if you pissed yourself when you got hurt? Would the piss flow from the dirt back inside you?
>>
>>335691029
Nanomagic, son.
>>
>>335690748
what about games where heaven isn't real
>>
>>335691250
Holy light can't exist without heaven, I guess? So then that game has to use nature magic or something similar for healing.
>>
>>335691217
You can use time magic to accelerate the healing process instead of rewinding time.
>>
I don't understand why dark magic can't heal.
You'd think the power to control death and decay could be used to inflict as well undo them much more efficiently than summoning generic beams of positive energy.
>>
It accelerates the speed at which your body heal itself.
>>
>>335691648
Dark magic is destruction magic.
>>
>>335691774
I dunno, destroying your worthless self would be a pretty constructive deed for the world.
>>
>>335691648
I think Summoner 2 had a healing spell in the Necromancy school, but it was more death related magic than conventional necromancy.
>>
>>335691250
holy lights would assume a cleric or paladin of a faith would be using it and if a "heaven" doesn't exist then does religion still exist? Depends on the game I guess
>>
>>335692078
Does Warcraft have a heaven? The Light is a religion there but I don't remember a mention of a heaven.
>>
>>335690014
it's a miracle, just like in the real world
>>
>>335692178
They've changed it a few times, last time I've checked it was the good Na'ru or some shit.
>>
>>335691648

Fire Emblem has Nosferatu which forcibly sucks the life out of an enemy and heals you
>>
>>335691957
For some editions of D&D, the healing spells were considered necromancy type spells.
>>335692178
I don't know. But there's also the Naaru that give out holy magic to those that are faithful.
>>
>>335692374
The light is one but different cultures see it in different ways, it's a full blown religion with churches and priests for humans/dwarves while for the Draenei it's probably closer to being apprentices of alien Buddhas or whatever.
>>
>>335691648
>using growth/healing magic can cause things to grow out of control accelerates the growth of bacteria, making infections much worse, can create tumors or mutations, etc
>use death magic to kill infections and sterilize wounds, apply healing magic to remaining tissue carefully until healed
>>
>>335691589
What if its fatal?
Wouldn't it be better to rewind time
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.