[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NX confirmed to not be a home console.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7
File: Nintendo Direct.jpg (5 KB, 250x140) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo Direct.jpg
5 KB, 250x140
"This June, Nintendo will focus its attentions on the upcoming game in The Legend of Zelda series. The Wii U version of the game will be playable for the first time on the E3 show floor, and it will be the only playable game Nintendo presents at the show, in order to provide attendees a complete immersion."

So from this statement, it's safe to say that the NX is a handheld that can run console quality ports. We would they show the Wii U version, and not the NX version?

Remember, Iwata said that they were going to start releasing games for both platforms. This is the end result of that.
>>
>>335688548
>So from this statement, it's safe to say
wat? Are you retarded?
>>
the nx is a console you fucking retarded retard

3ds is doing well, they are not going to compete with themselves in the handheld market.
>>
>>335688548
Maybe the nx version won't be ready to present by e3
I don't think they'd be dumb enough to make the nx a handheld, but this is Nintendo we're talking about here, anything is possible
>>
>>335688548
>that quote
>having anything to do with NX

nigga u dum
>>
>>335688638
>>335688646
>>335688682

You're just making excuses. It's pretty clear that the NX isn't what people are assuming it is.

It would make perfect sense to make Sun and Moon the last big 3DS releases, release NX in March, and then start releasing games for it. 3DS can keep selling among kids and cheap fucks, but Nintendo needs a new handheld. It's about time for one.
>>
>>335688548
> NX will not be shown in E3 this year
>"That must mean it's a handheld!"

How does it feel to be retarded OP?
>>
>>335688646
This is the 6th year of the 3ds so it's long overdue for an update especially when you factor in that it was already under powered at launch
>>
>>335689884
>Underpowered at launch

>PS2/GCN/Xbox specs during the PS3/360 era
> New 3DS has even better specs

How did you even make up such a wrong bullshit statement like that?
>>
File: this is the NX.png (91 KB, 1080x389) Image search: [Google]
this is the NX.png
91 KB, 1080x389
We knew this when the new controller was patented, and they accidentally showed it.
It's a cellphone.
>>
Where is this quote from anyways? The investors meeting?
>>
File: ness on the computer.jpg (24 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
ness on the computer.jpg
24 KB, 500x368
Are they going to make their own event announcing the NX like M$?
>>
>>335690807
Yeah.

Is there going to be a transcript of the Q&A thing that they do?
Is there one for last year?
>>
>>335688830
You say this like Gamefreak are competent developers to move onto new hardware that fast. Sun and Moon aren't the last big 3DS releases, it'll probably receive a 3rd version. Look at how it took 2 years for them to give up on the DS and switch to the 3DS and the games still ended up being shit. They need a home console more than anything because just handhelds can't keep them afloat, look at all the shit the Wii U is missing out on and what Nintendo will continue to miss out on until March.
>>
>>335688548
You're a complete retard
>>
>>335688830
>You're just making excuses.
no, you are. You have no actual logical link between your quote and conclusion. Fuck off
>>
>>335691225
>>335691147
>>335691110
>More excuses

At the point in time that NX is projected to release, 3DS will be six years old. That is high time to be replaced, especially since it's not the uber success that the original DS was.

There are lots of signs that NX is a handheld, although it clearly isn't conventional either.
>>
>>335691610
>excuses
still waiting for arguments there kid.
>>
>>335691610
Alright you convinced me, the NX is a home console with a new mother, f zero, and metroid game at launch thanks bro
>>
>>335691610
>imma keep pushing my autism and poor reading comprehension

Kek
>>
>>335691820
>new mother, f zero, and metroid game at launch

How did u even get to that?
>>
holy shit how have you made it this far
>>
File: least intelligent comment.png (270 KB, 1190x906) Image search: [Google]
least intelligent comment.png
270 KB, 1190x906
>>335688548
>They specifically say there won't be anything to do with the NX at E3
>"They only have the Wii U version of Zelda at E3, therefore NX is a handheld!"
>>
Any source on this quote?
>>
>>335690378
The only advantage the 3DS has over the PS2 and GC was that it had some programmable shader support and wasn't fixed shaders, but in every other GPU feature category clock speed/fill rate the PS2 and GC is much better. There is reason why Wind Waker and Twilight Princess wasn't ported to 3ds and Tales of the Abyss and Metal Gear Solid 3 is a clear downgrade from their console versions
>>
>>335688830
>makes sense to update a perfectly capable handheld, and not release a new home console which Nintendo desparately needs
>>
>>335688548
You're reaching so hard in order to stir shit that I can't stop laughing. My God /v/ is awful.
>>
Here's a peek at the prototype we have.
>>
I miss the logic, OP. Why would they keep a dead console alive they don't believe in themselves anymore, just look at the line-up of this year, but replacing a handheld that sells pretty well on a market which they now have the monopoly on since Sony dropped out instead?
>>
>>335692187
>Metal Gear Solid 3 is a clear downgrade from their console versions
Maybe in terms of framerate, but it has upgraded character models.
>>
>>335690378
3DS > Xbox get the hell out of here with that BS
>>
>>335688548
I just want it to be a console handheld hybrid so 3DS fags can stop killing Nintendo and actually contribute to a console for once.
>>
>>335692187
I wouldn't say those are great examples of port jobs considering both of those were when devs just started making 3DS games in 2011-early 2012. MGS 3 was poorly optimized and could probably have been fixed via updates. Abyss 3D isn't to bad of a port if you don't mind losing 30fps in battles. They didn't bother upgrading 30fps to 60fps for Symphonia when porting the ps2 version to PS3 and PC despite being capable of it.
>>
>>335692118
But the Wii U and NX versions are supposed to launch simultaneously.
>>
>>335688548
>>335688830
>"We’ve also said publicly that we are already hard at work on our next home console and that’s another element we’ll be talking about much later."

http://nintendoeverything.com/reggie-indicates-that-nx-is-a-home-console/
>>
>>335692272
If the battery life wasn't so fucking bad on it, id be okay with this.
>>
>>335692639
Which has nothing to do with your line of "logic" that since the NX version isn't there, it must be handheld.
>>
>>335692320
Never said 3DS > Xbox
>>
>>335692774
I'm not him.
>>
>>335688548
This better be the best game of all time
>>
>>335691070
They always have a full English transcript on their IR site for every quarter's investor meeting.
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/
>>
>>335690547
They didn't "accidentally" show shit. They've released like 20 patents in the last year. You're telling me every single one is the NX?
>>
>>335688548
>We would they show the Wii U version, and not the NX version?
Because the NX is not ready to be shown you dipshit.
>>
>>335693228
I don't know why people are still so stupid they don't understand that companies patent a bunch of stupid shit that never sees the light of day all the time.
>>
>>335693438
If it's supposed to launch in March, it's kinda worrying that they won't have the thing ready by June. I suppose they want to keep it a secret but I question their PR plan as E3 would be the best time to start getting hype and press coverage.
>>
>>335692850
"Xbox Spec"
I would love to hear what Xbox Specs the 3ds had?
>>
>>335693568
>If it's supposed to launch in March, it's kinda worrying that they won't have the thing ready by June.
Eh, about a year seems reasonable I think.
>>
>>335692527
Sadly if nintendo didn't add that 3d gimmick to the 3ds we would've gotten a system with a much higher resolution screen, and games would've been able to easily match PS2 and GC environments with fewer compromises
>>
>>335691610
It’s releasing with Zelda Wii U though. It’s hardly going to be a handheld console at this point.
>>
I hope NX is a home console.

Handhelds are trash.
>>
>>335696721
So it could be a powerful console along the lines of the vita, which is able to play some ports from PS4 such as Digimon Cyber Sleuth.
Just halve the framerate, reduce the graphics a bit and Bob's your uncle.
>>
Have you people not seen the leaked NX images which look exactly like one of their patents?
>>
>>335696838
DS and PSP had most of the good games of the 7th gen.
>>
>>335688548
They want show the NX version because they've decided to not reveal the NX at E3. It's still a home console.
>>
>>335696917
>which is able to play some ports from PS4 such as Digimon Cyber Sleuth.
Cyber Sleuth was a PS Vita game originally, and ported to the PS4 for the West.

>>335697183
Those “leaked images” were proven to be fakes though. They were 3D models, and the fakers showed exactly how they made the images.
>>
>>335697275
I would have rather played those games on a home console though
>>
>>335688548
How is it safe to say anything?
At best we can assume the NX version isn't ready yet, especially since they're not even gonna show the console yet.

What the fuck, anon?
>>
>>335697376
Oh yeah I'm sure Ghost Trick would have been way better with analog sticks.
>>
>>335697343
Didn't realise. It's still quite a powerful handheld and something a little more powerful than it could probably stand up quite well against the WiiU.
>>
>not a video game console
>entertainment machine

WE XBOX ONETENDO NOW
>>
How the hell are they going to make that thing backwards compatible with the Wii U?
>>
>>335698090
They should call it the Nintendo Entertainment System.
>>
>>335698090
Even the Wii had netflix and other shit.
>>
>>335691110
>it'll probably receive a 3rd version
Right, because they've been doing so many of those recently...

Oh wait.

Really, there's no need for third versions anymore now that DLC and patching is viable on Nintendo systems.
>>
>>335698090
Finally, it's been a long time since any Nintendo system gave me any entertainment.
>>
File: 1448727181457.jpg (14 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
1448727181457.jpg
14 KB, 255x255
>we only have one game
>i-its to provide you immersion goy

TOP KEK. sometimes i think nintendo just says this type of outlandish shit just to show everyone that there are a group of autistic amiibo masturbators who will believe anything they say
>>
>>335698229
Where's the dlc and patching fot X/Y and ORAS? Even the anime already skipped ahead and called its latest season Pokemon XYZ.
>>
>>335698570
>one game
Playable at the booth that is.
>>
>>335692239
to be fair the 3ds clearly isn't perfectly capable, at minimum you need the n3ds (and considering the graphical compromises they have made on stuff like federeation force the hardware still clearly isn't on a great level).
>>
how do I immerse myself in all these games
>>
>>335698810
It's perfectly capable in still selling and that's what matters to them. Sticker Star is the best selling PM game in japan and second worldwide (after SPM) despite being the biggest crock of shit Mario's been in since the CD-i games, do you seriously think they care about "capabilities"?
>>
>>335692187
MGS3 has both upgraded models from the ps2 version and also better framerate. The ps2 version also dipped into 15 fps, while the 3ds one never goes below 25 fps, or 60 fps if you use homebrew and a new 3ds.
>>
>>335697376
3ds and ps vita have also better catalogs than ps4 and xbone.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.