[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's the last PS1 game you replayed /v/ and how would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: IMG_20160325_105432.jpg (1 MB, 2880x1728) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160325_105432.jpg
1 MB, 2880x1728
what's the last PS1 game you replayed /v/ and how would you rate it?
>>
FF7
still good as it always was.

I have a ton of ps1 roms of games i never had.
>>
>>335686462

Front Mission 3, had the itch and pulled it down via emulator.

I think it's still an amazing turn-based game with branching storylines and missions that blows a lot of similar modern games out of the water, and proves the Japanese industry has regressed over time.
>>
>>335687053
I want to play FM3 because it seems nice but there are so many things that bother me.

>rather shallow combat
>plot that doesn't really go anywhere with rather annoying characters
>unnecessarily convoluted "ingame" internet, which was surely amazing for the time, but nowadays its just tedious and painfully slow to maneuver around

That art style and OST tho...
>>
>>335686462
Klonoa: Door to Phantomile back in like 2009. I don't re-visit the system's library that often since I technically never owned one and rely on emulation. That said the game was a solid 8/10, really cool for what it was at the time and enjoyable to this day.
>>
I did a double-feature of Crash 2 and Crash 3, both 100% complete, or 104% complete in Crash 3's case.

They're really really great games, but they still made me mad as fuck, a little unusual considering they've never really done that before.
The idea of giving the player a projectile weapon they can aim anywhere but have to stand still to use is fucking amazing to me, even now.
>>
>>335687214
Projectile weapon really ruins the game.
>>
File: Crash-Team-Racing-02.jpg (94 KB, 720x537) Image search: [Google]
Crash-Team-Racing-02.jpg
94 KB, 720x537
Still as fun and rage-inducing as I remember it
AWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI10urg3_bk
>>
>>335686462
The first crash bandicoot, I planned to replay all of them but changed computer and I'm too lazy to download the emulator and the roms again
>>
>>335687265
>That piece of shit final boss that takes off before you do
>>
>>335687430
>cheat him right back by hopping over a section of the level
>>
>>335687143

>rather shallow combat

Not at all, lots of different mechanics, weapon/damage types, mech builds, and AI strategies, not to mention pilot ejections/mech stealing

>plot that doesn't really go anywhere with rather annoying characters

Subjective opinions by what looks like a ~19 year old with objectively shit taste due to not growing up in the 90s.

>>unnecessarily convoluted "ingame" internet, which was surely amazing for the time, but nowadays its just tedious and painfully slow to maneuver around

It wasn't convoluted. It was a 90's take on futuristic internet with massive amounts of extra content and world building of the kind that modern games almost entirely lack. It held up fine, and is still an extremely unique mechanic.

You just seem to be a late millennial with shit taste who needs to git gud.
>>
>>335687430
>yfw every boss takes off before you do
>>
>>335686462
Castlevanis SotN, still better than metroid
>>
>>335687548
Dude I'm 25 fucking years old. I just' can't be bothered with reading unnecessary info that "builds" world that you dont even get to explore in anyway for an hour straight because I honestly don't have the time, and when I do I just feel like I'm wasting it.
>>
>>335686462
is that some fucking underground?
>>
>>335687684
it is my negro
it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9ZVnmxs30A
>>
Rayman. Still one of the best platformers ever made.
>>
File: 1460838099830.jpg (93 KB, 450x345) Image search: [Google]
1460838099830.jpg
93 KB, 450x345
>>335687548
>if he doesn't like my game, he is a millenial
God forbid he doesn't have the nostalgia for it that you admitted to have
>>
>>335687682

>talking about playing single player 90s console video games

>not wanting to waste your time

You may want to avoid RPGs and maybe video games altogether, man. The enjoyment doesn't come from the destination, but in the journey to get there.
>>
>>335687904
You do realize that you are going to spend a solid hour and a half in FM3 before you even get to do some actual battle?
>>
>>335687806

But the reasons given for disliking it are superficial and stink of poor taste/immaturity. FM3 is a shining example of what the modern vidya industry has lost in terms of content and mechanics.
>>
>>335686462
Ridge Racer Type 4

still the best in the series and the OST is perfect

>tfw they let the series die as a low rate Burnout wannabe
>>
>>335687772
Aww yess.
I fucking loved the mission where you're disguised as a photographer. Best MoH
>>
File: Ridge_Racer_Type_4_Cover.jpg (205 KB, 1024x1032) Image search: [Google]
Ridge_Racer_Type_4_Cover.jpg
205 KB, 1024x1032
>>335686462
Ridge Racer Type 4 on Vita.

Probably the second best arcade racer on the Playstation. The first is Side By Side Special 2000.
>>
File: stop right there criminal scum.jpg (58 KB, 410x308) Image search: [Google]
stop right there criminal scum.jpg
58 KB, 410x308
>>335688017
>dude who resorts to ad hominem by calling me a millenial in his first reply is accusing me of immaturity

oh boy
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.