[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.kickstarter.com/project s/nightworkgames/blackro
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nightworkgames/blackroom-a-new-fps-from-romero-and-carmack/posts/1558562

>WEAPON & BOXEL DETAILS

>Well balanced weapons are an important part of every FPS, and I’m making it a key focus for this game. In BLACKROOM, you’ll wield intricately balanced weapons where each one has a specific use and does the damage that makes you feel good. Here are some of the exciting weapons you will find in BLACKROOM.

>GLOXEL: Your basic handgun that traces a hoxelray straight through your target. Light damage.

>HOXSAW: Shoots a wide, blurry beam of hoxelight out to 10 feet in front of it and is deadly while it’s on. Similar to a chainsaw made of light. Time-based use.

>RECODE: Shoots a canister of AI up to 30 feet away. When it explodes, it will force any hit by it to turn on their nearest AI friend.

>HOXELIGHT: Create a micro-singularity in a room, pulling everything into it within a radius for 10 seconds. Shoots a hoxelbeam that stays in the air for 10 seconds before disappearing. Deadly to the touch the entire time.

>BLACKHOLE BOMB: Create a micro-singularity in a room, pulling everything into it within a radius for 10 seconds.
>>
>>335682883
>One of the unique features of BLACKROOM is that in addition to an arsenal of lethal weapons, you also have the Boxel, a device that lets you alter the reality of BLACKROOM itself. Initially intended as a debug tool for developers and testers of BLACKROOM, the Boxel gives you a variety of tools to give you an edge against your opponents. Some examples of the Boxel in action are below:

>Temporarily freeze time in the simulation
>Glimpse through walls
>Open locked doors and other obstacles
Interact with objects in your environment (such as the explosive barrel above)
>Change the weather and time of day
>Make a health bar appear over an enemy’s head
>Trigger audio “developer diaries” with clues about hidden areas in the level

>Primarily intended for the single-player campaign, the Boxel will have some limited use in multiplayer as well. The Boxel isn’t a replacement for a good weapon, but using them both in conjunction, you’ll truly be able to master the action-packed challenges and mysteries you encounter in BLACKROOM.

Thoughts?
>>
>>335682883
>hear the premise of their game
>expect a new timesplitters but doom fast
>it's gonna be shitty sci fi all the way through
man fuck ;_;
>>
>>335683490
>In BLACKROOM, you reign supreme in a variety of multiplayer modes, including co-op, 1-on-1 deathmatch and free-for-all arena in a motley mix of locations including hardcore military sims, hellish infernos and interstellar space. If you prefer a single-player experience, delve into an intense 10+ hour campaign, spanning wildly varied environments, from ruined Victorian mansions to Wild West ghost towns to treacherous pirate galleons and beyond.
>>
>>335684043
i bet you gonna have the same sci fi weapons each scenario though.
>>
File: disgust.jpg (46 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
46 KB, 620x400
>kikestarter

Kill yourself, thanks.
>>
>>335682883
Huh, I was pretty sure I was reading a 13 year old's game idea write up or something.

Guess there's not much of a difference.
>>
>>335683039
Sounds like a whole lot if Ideas Guy bullshit.

None of it really sounds like it will mesh together properly. Like how the fuck does the Boxel thing fit within a fast paced FPS game? I feel like either the pace is going to suffer or the Boxel is going to be useless.
>>
>>335682883
If it reaches its mark on kickstarter, it'll very likely be a nice fps with balanced mechanics. However, it raised 90k on the first day, and only 30 on the second, so it's not looking promising.
>>
>>335682883
This is all shit. Everyone's tired of shiny sci-fi weapons. Bulky, macho and "raw" weapons are what people want today. Someone should give Romero a wake-up call.

>>335683039
Again, all shit. All of these just interrupt and divert gameplay away from level and enemy encounter design.

Romero is already fucking this shit up, level design is all he's good for. He should just make a Quake clone with a less dreary artstyle and everyone will be happy.
>>
LAZER BEAMS and HAXX

sounds goofy.
>>
>>335684517
this

i'm also excited by none of these features, which i guess is what happens when you base your game on reliving the past
>>
>>335682883
>pistol
>melee chainsaw
>gimmick
>gimmick that slows the pace
>gimmick that slows the pace
>>
>>335685296
they should've just modded quake and worked something out to release as a standalone..
>>
>>335682883
>>335683039
Looks like pre-planning phase stuff that doesn't survive contact with the reality.
>>
>>335682883
I want that le neo retro neon XDD shit style to die in horrible pain.
>>
So is it supposed to be a Tron-style virtual environment?
>>
>>335682883
>>335683039
sounds like it will be a nightmare to program this game
>>
>>335686103
Something like that. VR simulation gone mad and merged a bunch of simulated spaces from military training to entertainment together with a touch of horror. You're supposed to be an engineer who's debugging this whole mess.

Which is honestly not a bad plot pitch, if this project had anything to show for it except empty promises
>>
>>335686307
It all sounds like basic stuff. I've seen most of these features as cheat codes in plenty of games. The problem is that they're not very good ideas to implement in what's supposed to be a fast paced FPS.
>>
WE TIMESPLITTERS NOW
>>
>>335686441
This. I wouldn't mind if a competent studio used this plot for their game.
>>
>>335683039
what the point of using some ability like health bars over enemy in fps? your going to shoot it anyway
>>
>>335686991
There is no point, it's a dumb idea. Romero probably got inspired by Fallout 4 or something stupid like that. Can anyone who backed the game comment in the KS page or email Romero and set him straight on these things? Jesus fuck.
>>
>>335682883
>Gloxel
>>
Dumb fucking idea and that's all it is
>>
>>335687216
DXMD had something similar shown in the trailers. Makes sense for a game with viable stealth options, but there's no way it's going to work for a fast paced FPS they are supposedly trying to make
>>
>>335686857
i feel like timesplitters are the games romero always wanted to make but couldn't
>>
anyone criticizing this shut up. I swear if I were a mod you'd be banned. that said, there's nothing that will inherently slow the game pace about this. I'll be you kidd0s never played duke 3d and used the freezethrower.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.