[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tactics Games Suggestions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: disgaea-prinny_00339700.png (565 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
disgaea-prinny_00339700.png
565 KB, 1680x1050
So yeah. Any suggestions for PC games similar to Diagaea and Final Fantasy Tactics? I have an itch.

A deep, probing itch. Scratch me, /v/. Scratch me.
>>
>>335680272
Get a Mega Drive/Genesis emulator and download Warsong. It is the Western version of the first Langrisser game and an absolute gem.

If you want to play one of the best strategy games ever and are willing to stray from the usual grid type gameplay, get Dragon Force for the Saturn. It's a true 10/10 game.
>>
>>335680441

Thanks, I'll take a look.

Though it saddens me that I have to dive into emulators for decent tactics games. Where the fuck are the fun PC games? It's not like tactics games are all that complicated.
>>
>>335680694
I'm not too familar with current PC games but if you don't mind how new a game is, you could check out Gorky 17 (pic-related).

It plays somewhat similarly to FFT but story and presentation are more reminiscent of Resident Evil.
>>
File: gorky.jpg (266 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
gorky.jpg
266 KB, 1024x768
>>335681108
Forgot to add the pic.
>>
the other NiS games are fun... la pucelle tactics, phantom brave, makai kingdom etc.
>>
>>335681108

Oh, that thing is SO OLD. I actually played it a while back (I remember having a demo disk with it on back in the days where Fileplanet was considered to be a lesser evil)

I never finished it though. Probably should have some point, but that fucking one-tile-wide sewer fight can suck my taint.
>>
>>335681279
Yeah, I never finished it either because my PC back then was kind of shitty and because I've always preferred gaming on consoles.

I personally haven't played it but many people vouch for X-Com. But if you don't mind playing on emulators or still have a coule of old consoles lying around, 16/32 Bit is the way to go. Vandal Hearts (Playstation), Shining Force 1&2 (Mega Drive)/ Shining Force 3 (Parts 1-3) (Saturn),many of the Langrisser games (1-2, 4-5; Mega Drive, Saturn, Playstation) are all good to great (play the Playsation version of IV over the Saturn version, btw.; the Saturn version needlessly experimented with turn order).
>>
-Der Langrisser (way better than Warsong, but WS is still good)
-Shining Force series
-Dragon Force
-Tactics Ogre
-Front Mission series
-Growlanser series
-Arc the Lad 1-2
-Ogre Battle
-Ogre Battle 64
-Dark Wizard
-Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 1-2
-Stella Deus

Some of those are more turn-based tactics rpgs than srpgs, but people who like one usually like the other too.

Nippon Ichi/Compile Heart/Idea Factory/Nintendo srpgs are trash.
>>
>>335681875
>Der Langrisser (way better than Warsong, but WS is still good)

But isn't Der Langrisser basically Langrisser II? Personally, I'd recommend playing Langrisser II on Saturn over Der Langrisser. I still prefer Warsong over both though.
>>
>>335681875
o shit I remember stella deus it was pretty sweet despite being grindy.
>>
>>335682078
Der Langrisser for the SF is generally considered the best version, but if you want to play Langrisser II: Dramatic for Saturn, that's fine too. So is the PS compilation of Langrisser 1-2.
>>
>>335680272
Agarest.
>>
>>335680272
Tactics Orge
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.