[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anything Nintendo can do to redeem itself in your eyes?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 16
File: Nintendont.png (11 KB, 708x142) Image search: [Google]
Nintendont.png
11 KB, 708x142
Is there anything Nintendo can do to redeem itself in your eyes? I would like to keep this thread shitpost free if possible. I'm legitimately interested in knowing what, if anything, Nintendo could do to "redeem itself" to you. I used to be a hardcore Nintendo fanboy, have owned literally every single Nintendo console released (including the virtual boy) but I am honestly feeling like I am finished supporting this company.

If the NX releases with a solid lineup (Zelda, Metroid, mainline Mario and a new IP) all within the first year of launch I still would be wary of purchasing the new console. I would personally need

>Revamp of online, voice chat for all games, non-shit friend list system
>strong 3rd party support
>amazing 1st year launch title support
>gimmick free NX design
to be even remotely interested in buying any future nintendo products.
>>
If they launch the NX with no Mario or Zelda games and at least 3 IP's get released before that make one of their guaranteed moneychuggers
>>
>>335679502
Wat?
>>
>>335679738

Nintendo will only win me back of they prove they can design interesting games rather than rehash the same old bullshit

>B-but Mario X had the cat suit and Mario Y had the tanooki

Fuck you that's not innovation. I'm genuinely disappointed with the lack of fresh ideas from nintendo
>>
>>335678647
No. After Amiibo I packed up my 3DS and Wii U in a cardboard box marked "Nintendo" and is sitting on the top shelf in my bedroom closet. All the shitty news since then has just been dust on the box. They're dead and gone to me.
>>
>>335680087
CFW is on the 3DS, you could at least enjoy free games and not support a shitty company that way.
>>
>>335678647
just when i was playing N64 games on my wii.
>>
>>335678647

Very wishful thinking
>>
put their games on steam

i'm not buying their underpowered shitboxes just to play a couple exclusives
>>
>>335679975
>Fuck you that's not innovation. I'm genuinely disappointed with the lack of fresh ideas from nintendo

But they do make new IPs. Splatoon was a fresh idea.
>>
Make a Mairo FPS game and maybe i will buy a NX.
>>
>>335679975
I can agree if you're referring to the literallu rehashed NSMB series, but the 3D installments are all really different in terms of gameplay and level design.
>>
>release a console with a bad ass name
>have 2 first party launch titles, one to fill a niche like a new F-Zero, another to be an awaited sequel like a new 3D Mario game.
>console has a comfortable controller, no gimmicks. Small touch screen display is OK for Wii U backwards compatibility.
>hardware on-par or better than PS4. Nintendo games will look killer on it.
>Have a decent party and message system for online games. In-game voice chat isn't needed for multiplayer if they're worried about shit talkers getting parents upset.
>have a decent lineup of games for the future, nothing too overly ambitious but enough to make fans happy. Like Star Fox Zero but with no forced motion control bullshit.
>>
>>335680427
I would have never entertained the idea of Nintendo games on PC but with all of the smartphone bullshit going on give it 5 years and who knows.
>>
>>335678647
>voice chat for all games
Who gives a shit

I play these on PC

I just want Nintendo games. They're some of the best there are, but they haven't been releasing much lately. Which is exactly the situation with every other console though.
I don't care about supporting a company/their plastic box, I want good games
>>
>>335680526
>muh splatoon

literally the only new thing they've released in years.
>>
>>335680526

You're right, splatoon was great. I just need them to make more.

>>335680606
The world is the same, the characters are the same, the series doesn't evolve in any way. The 3D gameplay (if you're referring to the perspective based levels) was neat.

That's not enough. I'm sick of Mario, I know Nintendo is capable of more. Seriously is anybody enthused by mario character design? Its a very boring series of games from a company that prides itself on imagination.
>>
>>335680701
>In-game voice chat isn't needed for multiplayer if they're worried about shit talkers getting parents upset.
No, fuck that. Why can't the just make it required that you upload CC information in order to "unlock" voice chat (like they did for internet usage with the 3DS?)
Having no general online chat is retarded and completely hamstrings games and ruins the chances of a lot of 3rd party support. How do you expect to make new online friends if you are only able to have party chat?
>>
>>335680759
Codename Steam, W101, Tomadachi Life, etc. Whether you like them or not is another thing altogether.

>>335680805
You should try other series from them besides Mario. Fire Emblem, Pikmin, Kirby, etc. It's not just Mario and Zelda.
>>
>>335680924

You're assuming I'm not a Nintendo fan, I am. My points going right over your head isn't it? The best Nintendo games have nothing to do with their A-listers, I've spent three posts explaining I want more like that. Yes that includes other series they do, yes I have played previous installments.
>>
>>335680805
>The world is the same, the characters are the same
Both these statements are literally incorrect

>SM64 is set in paintings in Peach's Castle, few recurring characters exist
>Sunshine is set in a tropical island, most characters inhabitants of said island (I forget the species name)
>SMG/SMG2 is set in space, most characters are Lumas, Rosalina was also introduced
>SM3DW is set in the Sprixie Kingdom, uses multiplayer and 5 playable characters with different attributes (like Mario 2)
>>
>>335678647
Compared to other companys I like Nintendo quite well. There games aren't that good and lack innovation, but at least I normally know what I get, when I buy game.
I don't know how nintendos consoles are, since I only use the DSLite and 3DS.
>>
>>335678647
Sure.

as long as they're not Sony everything is cool.

fucking Sonyggers
>>
They need to make more games with the scope of something like Xenoblade. Nintendo first-party games feel bite-sized and empty. The kind of thing you play for 20 mins while you sit on the bus. Xenoblade is the most interesting IP at Nintendo right now, Monolithsoft are the best Nintendo dev. They also worked on Splatoon. Fuck EDA and Retro.
>>
Was a devoted Nintendo fan through all my life. Grew up on Nintendo and stuck to them through the years. But I'm playing the PC I built last december way more than my Nintendo consoles now.

They're losing me, as much as I thought it was impossible. They disappointed me over and over again, and even though I still have faith, they keep fucking up again.

I hope the NX is good, I'd hate to see them go. I want it to be a good system, with power to spare and overall a great ecosystem for games.
>>
>>335681132
3D world is the same boring shit as 3D Land, which was 3D New Mario Bros. in the first place.
>>
>>335678647
No i wasn't impressed with the wiiu and i'm not impressed by the NX especially since i'll be at e3 not having a conference feels like a fuck you.
>>
>>335678647

>Is there anything Nintendo can do to redeem itself in your eyes?

make good games
>>
I don't know, I just honestly wish they would stick with a decent control scheme. Every time it's like, "oh we HAVE to innovate, or else there's no point."

Is there no point to consistent game design? If you release solid titles consistently but with little innovation, that doesn't mean the industry is going to stagnate. You don't have to oversaturate the market, just keep putting out good games.

I wish games had shorter development times too. I'm not at all a graphics whore (still play N64 religiously), so really as long as the gameplay is good fuck everything else. Give us a new Mario, Zelda, Metroid every few years and I'm content.
>>
>>335678647
>>gimmick free NX design

This is Nintendo of course it'll have a gimmick it's all they can shit out now since they know they can't compete with the competition anymore
>>
>>335683661
t. Hasn't played 3D World.
Their only similarity is the name.
>>
If they'd make an hd animal crossing for wii u I'd be pretty happy.
>>
>>335678647
>Fantastic Lineup of games
>All censorship from this point on brings a sudden halt

Thats literally all I ask for. Sure I can bitch about other stuff, but really, all I ask for is games, and to have them uncensored.
>>
>>335684392
>you start with 6 villagers
>in order for any new villagers to move in you must buy their amiibo
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 641x477) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 641x477
>>335678647
Honestly I just don't want it to be underpowered and have a great line up.

I could care less about the controller because we'll just get a pro controller regardless.

3rd party I could less about because that's not why I buy a Nintendo console.

I just want
>Kirby 25th Anniversary Collection/Game
>Smash 5
>New Good Metroid Game
>New Innovative 3D Mario
>New IP game
>New Wario Land Game
>Kong, Kart, F-Zero, etc
>A not shit VC line up
>>
If I can be totally honest, I don't really think they need redemption. They'll be out of the spotlight for a while and then they'll come back when they have games to play.

So many people online see it with some weird kind of finality, like if they go one month without Zelda news it's dead, or if they go one holiday without a major title the entire company is officially dead and you totally won't buy the games when they release next year instead of this holiday, as if waiting a few months is the end of the world.

I still have plenty of games to catch up on, across a number of platforms. When Nintendo makes good games, I'll buy them. When they don't, I don't. Simple as that. Same goes for other developers.
>>
>>335680853
4chan, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Who the fuck makes new friends over console multiplayer games? That shit never happened to me.
>>
File: 1434921306607.jpg (153 KB, 648x720) Image search: [Google]
1434921306607.jpg
153 KB, 648x720
>>335678647
>If you are going to rehash then REHASH BETTER! They managed to do it with Paper Mario TTYD, Mario Party 2, Super Mario Bros 3 and others. The only improved Rehash for the Wii U is Mario Kart.
>Make Virtual Console a subscription based system like Netflix where you pay a fixed fee and have all VC games accessible.
>If you can't come up with a good gimmick then avoid using gimmicks at all.
>For fucks sake have a dedicated controller for your system that is easier to come by.
>Quality of life improvements for Online.
>Inspire 3rd parties to be adventurous like the DS era. I miss games like Ghost Trick and Another Code.
>Better writing for 'serious' games.
>Don't censor controversial shit in games.
>Suck my dick.
>>
>>335684967
It's "could not care less" you dumbass mobile-posting piece of shit. Go flush yourself and never come back.
>>
>>335678647
NX is a hardware part for WiiU.

Theres two things thats disappointing me with Nintendo most. Lack of trying to make games for WiiU, and NX. Theres nothing wrong with WiiU that NX could solve. Having slightly more advanced hardware doesn't solve whats wrong with Nintendo or the WiiU. Is NX going to stop Miyamoto from fucking PaperMario? Is it going to enable Nintendo to finally make Mario Galaxy 3? New Retro Metroid? New IP, thats not phone shit on a fucking home console?

If NX comes out and its essentially PS4, but for Nintendo, then what? You think I want to get another fucking Nintendo home console, after how little they've shown interest for WiiU?

Right now, I want them to put games on WiiU for the next 3-4 years and put NX back on the shelf and not fucking talk about it.
>>
File: image.jpg (159 KB, 720x1134) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
159 KB, 720x1134
>>335685298
>Being this triggered by a phrase

I think you need help Anon.
>>
>>335685274
>If you can't come up with a good gimmick then avoid using gimmicks at all.

Well, how easy is it to say that a gimmick is good/bad?

Something like the gamepad may have been good in concept, but it ended up raising the price of the console by $100 more than it should have been at.
>>
>>335685274
>>Make Virtual Console a subscription based system like Netflix where you pay a fixed fee and have all VC games accessible.

Please don't.
>>
>>335685369
This is a big part. It's the games that is the problem, not the console itself. The only reason Nintendo see the console as a problem is because it has not sold enough, and they are probably going to shoot themselves in the foot if the NX does not sell better.
>>
>>335685369
>Mario Galaxy 3

Fuck off.
>>
With the shit decisions, censorship, amibo whoring I think I'm done. But if the NX is backwardly compatible I may take a look at it. If those ports the same shit they are pulling of asking us to buy the same thing over again we already own they can burn.
They need to get rid of treehouse, make good translations, stop with the port re-buy bullshit at a time when microsoft and sony are taking about full backward compatibility.
>>
They would need to go take a few years off to learn how modern game development works (and I know someone is going to go "you mean DLC and early access, right!" but you know exactly what I mean), then re-emerge with new IPs from new teams headed by the junior developers. They can use some of their old IPS but the game's should actually be reinvented, not with new gimmicks but a new fundamental understanding of what made the original games good in the first place and why people loved them.

For any of that to happen, they would have to suck up their pride and go against decades of arrogance. They would rather die than admit they ever made any mistake, so obviously it is impossible.
>>
I still don't understand why the Amiibo's so much, I think they're alright.
>>
>>335685882
>but you know exactly what I mean
No, I actually don't.
>>
File: motivation.png (51 KB, 1103x380) Image search: [Google]
motivation.png
51 KB, 1103x380
>>335685994
Modern game design would best be described as game design with contemporary psychological knowledge.
>>
SEGA was the #1 company to release arcade games on their home consoles so that's what I bought, then when they died off I switched to Nintendo because they still had a good bunch of arcade third party and even a good portion of their first party games were arcade style.

Maybe I should just save up for a NEO-GEO and some games.
>>
>>335686039
In English, please?
>>
>>335686097
If you can't figure out interesting game design, why expect them to?
>>
>>335686116
You're sounding really fucking pretentious.

There's really no such thing as "modern game design", it's all the same shit it's always been.
>>
if I mail them my wiiU they transfer all my data to a NX and give I to me for 50% off. Anything less fuck off in not buying this I'll get Zelda for wiiU and not touch NX for years
>>
>>335685882
>but you know exactly what I mean

Unfinished products, paid reviews, billion dollar marketing budgets, vertical slices that make the game look good in ads before the end result is a major downgrade, microtransactions, shoe-horned multiplayer, shoe-horned achievements/trophies, RPG mechanics in games that don't need them as a way to pad out the game, strong focus on minorities and homosexual characters, silky smooth 30fps with drops, empty promises, half-assed patches, calling the consumer "entitled" for pointing out flaws, etc etc etc?

Come on man, work with me here.
>>
>>335685457
a gimmick is good if it's not overly complicated, doesn't use shit technology (motion controls), not a main/mandatory feature.
>>
>>335685994
It means, for example, not letting one producer completely change the direction of a game from an off-handed comment. It means an online infrastructure that actually allows a player to decide how they are going to make matches instead of being terrified of the Internet and expecting your customers to share your terror. It means understanding that games have changed and customers expect a certain bare minimum of cooperation from the companies they buy from.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 378x378) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 378x378
>>335686409
>2016
>Still thinking Motion Controls are bad
>>
>>335686227
>appeal to tradition
Not logical. There's an explanation for what a good game comes as.
>>
>>335686512
That's not really "modern", more like Nintendo is just really, REALLY out of touch.
>>
>all these people saying they want it powerful and to have 3rd party
Finally telling the truth?
>>
They're out of touch. Now they'll only focus on mobile games and casual quirky games.
>>
I duno what nintendo did wrong because I'm a sony pony in the past before I basically went PC.
But I was thinking of getting nintendo next gen so to speak, though they've kind of gon out of sync at this point with the other two companies.
Sony failed me for having such a lack of games and support for it's own damn console and peripherals.
Hell playsation all stars battle royal marked the end of sony for me desu, with how they basically used it as advertisement for games coming out around that time, there was no love or anything in it and then they fucking dropped it entirely, screwing over the devs.
I'm no a fucking weeb and all that it seems to be good for these days, all the sony consoles is JRPGs so fuck them.

At least nintendo seems to have first party games on lock down, and some alright third party games.
Honestly I can't wait to fucking trash my ps4 and get a NX.
Only good games where bloodbourne and maybe ratchet and clank (Heard good things)
>>
>>335686653
>as if the whole gaming industry wouldn't benefit the most from primarily PC production
>>
>>335686535
then what's the deal with star fox zero's motion controls?
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 480x360
>>335686586
Show me a game with "modern game design" then, and explain to me what makes it different form any other game.
>>
A massive increase in both quality and number of home console games.
>>
>>335686718
>is there a perfect game
Not feeling too investigative, honestly. Feel free to reference out and let me know.

>Can a perfect game exist
Yes.
>>
I just hope they analyze the facts that contributed to Splatoon's incredible success and take some notes.
>>
>>335686696
Star Fox Zero is shit, but that's not the motion controls fault.
>>
>>335686637
Whatever term is used, people are going to object to it on the principle that it implies Nintendo is doing anything wrong, and if you think Nintendo is making any mistakes clearly that means you think every other shady business practice is acceptable. It's the standard defense and I already mentioned it.
>>
>>335686718
Vanilla WoW was pretty perfect. It took the best of the market and genre into a game.
>>
you know this will never happen
only if it sells well, which probably wont happen
>amazing 1st year launch title support
maybe, we have to wait till e3 to see what nintendo has been working on behind the scenes
>gimmick free NX design
enjoy playing mario with your smartphone as a controller
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 393x374) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 393x374
>>335686753
That's not what I asked, at all.

Are you ok Anon?
>>
Make great games again. A real 3D mario game. A real Zelda game. 3rd party support.

Doubt any of that will happen though.
>>
>>335686692
Sales decline to 20% what they are now
Good idea.
>>
>>335686874
It's what's being asked. Modern suggests innovative, which suggests refined.
>>
>>335686512
>bare minimum of cooperation from the companies they buy from

What does that mean, exactly? Not defending Nintendo here, I'm more curious as to what you think other companies are doing differently, outside of having better marketing.

Most companies nowadays shit directly on the people buying from them.
>>
>>335686839
That's also not what I asked.

Or is "modern game design" just a buzzword for "it's perfect"?
>>
File: My first Nintendo System.jpg (43 KB, 798x446) Image search: [Google]
My first Nintendo System.jpg
43 KB, 798x446
-Less gimmicks. Just focus on making a great console with great controllers this time around instead of all this waggle wiggle and Amiibo shit.

-More innovation in game design and game IPs by Nintendo itself. Sure, I like the classic IPs, but why not take a little more risk with new ones, or resurrect some of the stuff that has been lying on your shelf for decades instead of publishing yet another Mario Party Kart 69: Zelda's Revenge or just remastering stuff we've already played. Splatoon is a step in the right direction, but we need more.

--Acquire more 2nd party developers just in case. Monolith Soft is a feather in your cap, maybe you should be on the look around for another respected yet struggling or promising developer to add variety and exclusivity power that will bolster your reputation and earn you a wider audience. Maybe revive Treasure or get those former Team Ico and Team Silent devs on your side.

-More third party support, more third party exclusives. You're alright Nintendo but buying a console almost exclusively for your first party titles is never going to cut it unless you lover the price. Alternatively, try to get the big boys back and making exclusives. Platinum is cool and all, and Sega when they can be arsed to make something else but shovelware Sonic titles. Try a bit harder by buttering up Capcom again and even burrying the hatchet with EA and Activision to bring back the casual audience. Konami (seriously, fuck them) has an image problem, maybe you could offer to "help" (but make sure to set the standards for them first). And focus on niches as well, I bet most Shmup players would prefer you to offer the Shmup system of choice over Microsoft for example (seriously MOSS, wtf?)

-I'm not even a fan of the franchise, but a Pokémon MMORPG would ensure that even an underpowered, gimicky system with uninspired game selection and no 3rd party support would print money.

I miss oldSega...
>>
>>335686806
You mean sexy squid children?
Honestly I think the R34 explosion after it was announced is what contributed to most of splatoons success.
That and memes, oh god I hope they don't try to force memes.
>>
>>335678647
honestly, nothing. They havent been the same since the wii came out.
>>
>>335686928
>potentially a better product in every aspect
>lower sales
>on a platform that has vastly more consumers than any single console
Last word was 900M in the PC gaming demographic.. The internet has some 18M fresh users per month.

>>335686965
See >>335686929
>>
>>335686929
No fucking modern company is being innovative, Nintendo TRIES to be.
>>
>>335687054
>digressing to "company" instead of games
Not helping. Does it seem as if games can be perfect and motivational to return and play? Does that seem like a worthy idea?
>>
By the time NX launches PS4 would have like 50-60 million users, and Xbox would have like 20 million. Do people really think 3rd parties will make games for NX when Sony had just block them? Even during the Wii and 360, Sony was getting third party games the others weren't getting. Nintendo will have an upmountain battle in front of them. They only way to win is to buy 2 billion dollars of third party exclusives for day 1.
>>
>>335687050
Today Steam has 125 million users, yet the 40 million selling PS4's sales are double to triple.
>>
Are people SERIOUSLY giving nintendo shit for not being innovative?
First of all, they're like the only company that ACTUALLY tries on a regular basis.
And when they do try to be inovative you people shit all over them and roll your eyes and go "God I wish nintendo would stop this gimmick shit and just make the same old stuff with more power"
>>
>>335687194
>
>My source
PC has more hardware and software sales than consoles.
>>
>>335686806
Agreed. Splatoon is the best thing Nintendo has done in a long time. Would love to see more new IPs with lasting appeal and good advertising.
>>
>>335687220
They barely launch games.

>they try
"Do or do not -- there is no try."
>>
File: 1461307770896.jpg (3 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1461307770896.jpg
3 MB, 2560x1440
>>335687118
Not to mention that ps4.5 "should" be out before the NX, so why would someone buy another console after just buying one for christmas? And we don't know if it's going to be as powerful as the PS4.5 because if not, then Nintendo is going to have a really hard time trying to get 3rd parties to just port their shit over.
>>
>>335686997
Making territory control the explicit goal rather than an aspect of player interaction and tying that directly to movement options. It was an interesting take on shooters that changes the way you play, in a simple and intuitive way.

>>335686946
Bare minimum means bare minimum. I'm not saying other companies are doing a great job here, just that Nintendo is willfully ignorant of what fans want on every single level. In general with other companies you can point to specific instances of them not listening to outside criticism, advice or the market, but with Nintendo it would be more efficient to list the few times they ever have listened.
>>
>>335687248
>hardware sales
Pretty sure everyone buys a laptop for work.
>software sales
Haha, yeah right. There is so much evidence and stats against this, only the blindest most delusional master race cucks repeat it.
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 471x426) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 471x426
>>335687117
Am I just being rused?
Or have I just entered Bizzaro /v/?
I honestly don't know how to respond to this.
>>
>>335678647
nothing that they will actually do, no.
>>
>Force Shiggy to retire
>NX is gimmick free
>Nintendo stops trying to be a snowflake and do normal online like everyone else
>drop the family bullshit
>Kill amiibo

But they won't do any of these things.
>>
>>335687220
>Are people SERIOUSLY giving nintendo shit for not being innovative?
Yes. When it comes to new IPs and game design these days, they play it much safer than just about everyone else. What little innovation there is beyond hardware gimciks is usually limited to adding modern video game tropes to their existing series or running a popular genre through a Nintendo filter. Everything else is just sequels and re-masters.
Splatoon is a step in the right direction, but they need to go further.
>>
>>335687470
https://www.superdataresearch.com/blog/us-digital-games-market/?mc_cid=7ebaa0e28f&mc_eid=f99cf46f15
>>
>>335680396
Just buy a fucking PC then, you don't play Nintendo for third parties.

>Voice chat
No thanks
>>
release updates to all their censored games, uncensoring them
>>
>>335678647
>I would like to keep this thread shitpost free

Wow, too late, OP, you fucked it up in one. Great job.
>>
At this point they just need to stop caring about the majority of all gamers because said doesn't care about Nintendo and never will.
All they really can do know is try to appeal to the consumers they already have.
>>
>>335687707
>all of PC's top are free to play, pay to play, and social games
My point exactly. No one treats PC seriously because consoles sell more games.
>>
>>335687883
>At this point they just need to stop caring about the majority of all gamers because said doesn't care about Nintendo and never will.
Disney doesn't make cartoons for people who like cartoons, they make cartoons for everyone. Nintendo has been trying to do the same for years, to appeal to the mainstream who don't care about games and have been doing a lot to shake off their actual fanbase.
>>
>>335678647
They aren't wrong in my eyes so no need for redemption.

I'll continue to play my Wii U, 3DS, and PC until march and then I'll buy a NX.
>>
>>335687883
The Wii was absurdly successful. Obviously, they can't just push out any trend as is shown with the tablet gimmick, so it's not their brand that sells. It's their actual innovation and appeal.

>>335687950
>CS, StarCraft, FO4, and GTA V
>f2p shit
Wot.
>>
>>335687461
Nintendo does listen to criticism, though. In fact, a lot of the games you don't like are the result of listening to criticism. Japanese consumers said they didn't care for story in Paper Mario, hence we got sticker star. People complain about the water temple in OoT, and as a result Zelda games are made easier. Twilight Princess happened instead of a proper Wind Waker sequel, because people wanted muh edgy Zelda.

Listening to fan input for what to make is a horrible, horrible idea. Not only are there tons of conflicting opinions, but fans come up with the absolute dumbest fucking shit.

Also, other companies definitely are also guilty of doing whatever they want and not listening to fans. Look at most of the sequels made recently, like Fallout 4, Bioshock Infinite, the latest Ass Creed games, etc. The fans consider them massive disappointments, but the difference is that those games have huge marketing pushes and are considered successes.

I fail to see what is being done differently, again outside of a bigger marketing presence.
>>
File: image.jpg (169 KB, 654x497) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
169 KB, 654x497
>>335688018
>Comparing Disney to Nintendo
>>
>>335688018
Games are unique in that they provide more than just a story and graphics. The gameplay has a ruleset, and they have to succumb to interesting design or just rehash everything. It's the same for a console and what OP lists.
>>
>>335688073
The Wii was a one-trick and I still wouldn't say it appealed to normies too much, but whatever.
>>
>>335687707

How does this show PC sales are not lower than consoles?
>>
File: tVS1P.jpg (30 KB, 401x271) Image search: [Google]
tVS1P.jpg
30 KB, 401x271
>>335688115
It's apt. It's how Nintendo obviously sees themselves and are aspiring to be, from obvious aesthetic cues to self censorship.
>>
>>335688227
Games revenue. Yes, it includes f2p monetization, but why wouldn't it?

BTW, that's PC's 32B vs console's 25B (cumulatively).
>>
>>335688108
>>Japanese consumers said they didn't care for story in Paper Mario, hence we got sticker star.
>Japan didn't want a JRPG
That's mildly funny.

And Wind Waker is only good because if it's stylized design, aside from that it's mediocre at best.
>>
>>335688369
Better add the other 100 billion of physical sales to consoles then.
>>
>>335688450
Included already.
>>
>>335688369

>Yes, it includes f2p monetization

That's like 30/32 billion then.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 548x420) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 548x420
>>335688312
But Disney hasn't been going down the shitter as hard as Nintendo, and they also aren't completely out of touch, because all their movies are timeless.
>>
>>335688539
Why is that relevant? Nobody should give a shit if the most played games are airplane and tank sims that are F2P.
>>
>>335688108
>Japanese consumers said they didn't care for story in Paper Mario, hence we got sticker star.
How did Nintendo interpret "didn't care for SPM's story" as "this RPG should have no story and as few characters as possible"? They weren't listening to criticism, they were using it to continue the trend they were already on because that's what they wanted to do in the first place.
>>
>>335688607
>>335686928
>>
>>335688686
>Sales would decline if it were the only platform
No.

Inb4 >but monopoly!
Nobody owns PC gaming.
>>
>>335687883
That's what got them in this mess. Catering to /Nintendogaf/
>>
>>335680087
post a picture of the box
>>
>>335688769
Nobody would be buying games. Over 5 times Ps4 users, and less games sales.
>>
>>335688769
This.

Is it not obvious that Nint could do much better as a 3rd party product, for PC or another console? There's no reason to even have a 3rd console.
>>
>>335688825
Not even Nintendogaf would want SFZero to be slow, meandering flop with forced motion controls. Not even Nintendogaf would defend Federation Force. Nintendo isn't catering to anyone.
>>
>>335688574
It's because Disney has more years, experience and dominance in their field than Nintendo and has thrived by keeping core elements true to what got them on the map in the first place while remaining flexible, though there have been some lows like the 80s and the early 00s.
I think Nintendo's biggest fault actually lies in trying to emulate Disney instead of truly emulating them by looking at their own company and what got it on the map, then adhering to what is the Nintendo way instead of the Disney way.
>>
>>335688923
>as if the demographics that buy games would buy them less if they were on PC

>
Your source.

>as if PC sales are much less anyway
>as if piracy can't be mitigated with programs like Denuvo
>>
>>335688574
>>335688970
Exactly.

And actually, if you wanted to compare, Cartoon Network makes a lot more sense.

>Really fucking based for a decent while
>Got progressively worse and worse as time went on
>Completely lost touch with it's fans by spouting out terrible rehashed bullshit
>only a few franchises are good anymore
>>
>>335689061
Nintendo doesn't want to be the Cartoon Network of videogames, though. They want to be the Disney, without actually understanding what it entails.
>>
>>335689186
They really shouldn't be either, they should do their thing instead of trying to be something they can't.
Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.