[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls Lore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29
File: 20160427112607_1.jpg (262 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
20160427112607_1.jpg
262 KB, 1280x800
The last one died befor I finished my post.

Something that is never brought in lore conversation is how there's a sea where there was none in the first game. I tried to verify with the first game, and I can't see any proof that Lordran was near the shore even though Lothric armors mention the shores of Lothric.

The whole third game is very exodus/pilgrimage-centered and if you look at Farron's Keep bestiary, you can find enemies reminding of everything you can find under the Darkroot forest in the first game.
>Dragons from Ash Lake
>Exiles are reminiscent of the Ogres of Blighttown
>Ghrus look like the cursed oolacile inhabitants
>The slugs of Blighttown are here too.
>And the crabs can remind us of the clamps of Ash Lake.
And Farron's Keep is now one of the lowest point of the map excluding Catacombs/Smoldering lake/Demon Ruins
Is it a coincidence and there was a sea I didn't know of or the whole geography has changed a lot? I would be tempted to link the sea thing with the age of the deep sea forecast by Aldrich, but we have not many elements to explain why exiles/pilgrims are on the road.

I don't believe in the dark=deep because Kaathe is with Londor and seems to have no ties with Aldrich and the cathedrale of the deep even though he is Mr. Dark in chief.

Am I retarded to think there might be a connexion between the deep and Ash Lake?
>>
dark souls 2 was an age of deep seas, it was a wind water type thing
Aldrich saw this in a dream and pissed the bed, the earth itself is shifting, Dukes archives getting farther away from Anor Londo, and have a city built around them
The pilgrims become pilgrim butterflies which are kind of proto-dragons, I think those hollow trees do too.
cleric set says their lid is to prevent seeds of darkness from being planted, maybe the ones on Londor pilgrims attract these seeds, and the tree-hollows just stubmbled onto them by tree worship
>>
>>335676319
Undead Settlement is the Burgh/Parish apparently, as it links with Darkroot/Farron immediately, and the Profaned Capital is Oolacile, Anor Londo is... I had something for that w.e.
>>
>>335677628
>dark souls 2 was an age of deep seas, it was a wind water type thing
You mean because of the presence of the sea, the Heide-Majula path underwater, the forgotten fortress being nearly flooded?

>>335677873
I'm pretty sure that the Cathedrale of the deep stands where the parish was.
>>
>>335678058
I'm thinking purely geographical, Parish would go into darkroot.

But I follow you to, Undead Parish being beneath anor londo. It's odd, the geograpghy is stretched either way. Oolacile is preeetty far from Darkroot now. I'd like to take a zoom cam and fly around the maps and build a concise guide to it's layout.
>>
>>335678058
Yes, heides tower is probably the profaned capital
Jap kanji for profaned is same as sin, capital of sin? Sounds like it could be heides
all the old gods fucked off there, gwyndolyn and smough stayed in another Londo, when pontiff started going full hitler he woke the old gods up and caused them to bail again, likely initiating the current fire fading
>>
When your in Firelink Shrine, isn't it a giant dam that's surrounding Blighttown?
>>
Lucatiel of Mirrah became the Curse Rotted Greatwood
>>
>>335678324
Nah Profaned Capital is pretty much guaranteed to be Oolacile, look at those cylincrical buildings and all the golden miracles, not to mention the Xanathous ashes found next to it~

DS2 took place on the opposite side of the game's world so Heide is miiles away.
>>
>>335678350
No. Those are the foundations of the ubdeadburg walls.
>>
Before any of you retards start arguing "the Deep" is a mistranslation of abyss, not even considering theyre basically synonyms anyways.
>>
>>335678710
Then why is there no tie with Londor? Why would the dark have two communities looking for different things? The human dregs aren't linked to humanity, but said to be the heaviest part of a human.

Also why would there be two different terms for the same thing?
>>
Lothric is not the same place where Lordran was. Why the fuck are you people making bullshit lore.

>The kingdom of Lothric is said to be where the transitory lands of the Lords of Cinder converge.

It is a complete different kingdom formed by various places from different kingdoms converging together. It only has the big castle of Anor Londo, some part of Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith from Lordran.
>>
>>335678710
But... it doesn't just mention the deep, it mentions the sea as well, so it's deeeefinately something else. Especially as the Abyss is widely known, to the point that Farron's Legion is a group designed to fight it back.
>>
>>335678710

Abyss is similar but distinctly different. The Abyss is where horrors are born, the deep is where they go to rest.
>>
>>335678968
Because the translators for these games are retarded. Theyve been fucking up translations since Demons souls and its the reason half of this shit makes no sense outside of Japanese.

The abyss always had multiple camps. New Londo and Oocaile were two different abyss consumed areas completely.
>>
>>335679042

This. The first flame fizzing out causes all sorts of space time bullshit to happen, hence why at this point the kiln of the first flame looks so fucked up.
>>
>>335679042
I think it's still Lordran, but it's jigsawed pieces of each Lord of Cinder's home, the same way soul of cinder is made up of every person who linked the fire so like the Profaned Capital may not exist in one timeline but does so in another, so they're all together in this. Because a lot of the geograpghy checks out, Darkroot Garden where the Wolf of Farron/Sif watches over is a pretty big link.
>>
>>335679042
You should look at the map. Lothric is exactly where the Duke's Archives are because it was built around it, hence the grand archives. The whole geography has changed a lot, but Farron's Keep is Darkroot garden. And you can find different similarities with Lordran.
>>
>>335679165
>New Londo and Oocaile were two different abyss consumed areas completely.

Not really. Manus was the father of the Abyss. He was the one who started it off, much like how the witches made the old chaos a thing, new Londo just happened to find it centuries later (think of the rough geography - oolacile in relation to darkroot correlates to new Londo in relation to the Abyss sections of oolacile
>>
>>335679165
Excepting the Abyss of Oolacile are more or less where the abyss of New Londo are. There's a guy who has superposed the map of Darkroot/New Londo with Royal Woods/Manus abyss and it is almost exactly the same.
>>
Do we have any info on the black sludge like creature that infests Ludex Gundyr, some hollows and the 2 dragons at Lothric Castle?
>>
>>335679641
It was a cut Bloodborne boss.
>>
People keep saying that Lothric is built on top of Seath's archives but that's wrong, you just need to go stand on the Anor Londo bridge in DaS1 and compare to DaS3 to see that the archives would be inside the Boreal Valley.

That's of course not taking into account the magical time and space traveling countries.

>>335679641

They are only in Lothric and especially in Oceiro's garden so i'm fairly sure that they're a creature created by him and his mad science. Also explains why they're inside the guardian twin(hint hint) dragons that guard lothric castle.
>>
>Farron's Keep is now one of the lowest point of the map
Also the lowest point of the game
>>
File: DATA 2012-08-25 22-50-24-86.jpg (157 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
DATA 2012-08-25 22-50-24-86.jpg
157 KB, 1680x1050
>>335680187

I'm too lazy to launch souls 1 just to take a picture but i think this old picture i have around should represent that i'm talking about pretty well.

I haven't played souls 1 in a while but i think in this picture i'm standing right on the edge of the path to the anor londo bonfire where the brass set girl sits, so, right after the 2 giant knights. Look where the Cathedral is, it's basically right in front of me but if i kept walking to my left for a couple of minutes i'd reach the archives.

By comparison, if we stood in this exact position in DaS3 we'd be above Pontiff Sulivan's cathedral, which means at most, seath's archives would be at the edge of Irythil. Meanwhile, Irythill is so far away from Lothric that you can only barely see hints of the architecture from the undead settlement.
>>
anyone else think Archdragon Peak is a dream?
when the cutscene plays you don't actually get teleported, you dip your head as if falling asleep
also if you hit the knights around you blood comes out
also the sky never changes to the bleeding sun
>>
>>335680438

no i don't. And the sky doesn't change in Irythil either.
>>
>>335679641

Fairly sure they're abyss creatures.

>Specific undead become infested, including gundyr
>Become more common closer to untended graves
>>
>farrons keep is darkroot garden /oolacile
nice meme
>>
>>335680617
But there's none IN Untended Graves.
>>
>>335680556
why would the sun be out at night time?
>>
>>335680617
>>335680187
>>335679641

Oceiro's science room is right outside of the real firelink/abyss firelink/whatever and given that he is a mad scientist i'm sure they are some kind of abyss/dragon creation. Note that those black monsters have snake heads just like the snakemen, also note that his study is filled with dead snakemen and that he obviously knew how to reach dragonpeak considering that there's a drakeblood knight doing the way of the dragon gesture in his study, AND that he apparently got Ornstein's armor and turned it into a guard in his castle.

Also the Iudex black monster thing has a dragon claw like thing.
>>
>People keep saying that Lothric is built on top of Seath's archives but that's wrong, you just need to go stand on the Anor Londo bridge in DaS1 and compare to DaS3 to see that the archives would be inside the Boreal Valley.

It is not like with Dark Souls 2. The position have a meaning, and the game wants itself to be coherent. The whole magical and space traveling countries is way too easy. The Place of Anor Londo in Irythill is meant to be a revelation. The scale is not 1/1 between Dark Souls 1 and 3, but the place means a lot. You have the same geography with a gigantic castle dominating Anor Londo in the distance.

What's interesting is to understand what has changed and basically why.
>>
>The Deep (Sea)
>The First Flame
Parts of nature.

>The Abyss
>Chaos Flame
Man-made disasters.

Ash Lake is a Deep Sea vaporised by the First Flame.
>>
>>335680787
Hey, there's even Mushroom Daddies there. And the Ghrus DO look like oolacile fucks.
>>
>>335680817

Why would the moon still shine when the sun is a darksign?
>>
>>335680787
the mushroom people are there and so is Dusk's crown
>>
>>335680787

You find Elizabeth's corpse in a cave on the swamp, and i somehow doubt that she walked there given the fact that she doesn't have limbs.
>>
>>335680828

Your excuse that the scale just change is just as easy as saying that the country magically moved.

But it doesn't really matter, i don't know why people obsess so much about lothric being on top of the archives, it's pretty much irrelevant to everything except for Oceiros's backstory.
>>
>>335680878
>>335680919
>>335680945
maybe you should chill out vaati.
Someone could have already found Dusk's shit and died there.
mushrooms could have wandered since its a billion years later or something.
Also there were mushrooms in the great hollow but not in the original oolacile, just in darkroot.

not to mention that farroon keep looks nothing like darkroot and there is no sign of artorias grave, since the farron legion is based on him, you would think they would keep his grave intact.
>>
>>335681095

You quoted me but you didn't address how Elizabeth would've gotten there if it's not Oolacile/Darkroot garden itself.
>>
>>335681087
Visual similarities between Lordran's geography and Lothric's Kingdom make it easier to know where to look at.
>>
>>335680945
>>335681215
oh yea the mushroom lady, i don't remember seeing her, do you have a screenshot at hand or something so I can look at it or the location?
>>
>>335681303

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKR1kW4LFQ4&feature=youtu.be&t=1h19m34s

If you want to find her yourself, just go to the farron keep bonfire(the first bonfire in the poison swamp) and keep walking right until you find a cave guarded by basilisks. Actually, it's probably closer to the big gate you open after you turn the 3 fires off.
>>
>>335679345
No it's not, Lothric is kinda of the same direction as Dukes Archives, but you could walk there in a minute in DaS1, in DaS3 Lothric is super far away from Anor Londo. You have to traverse the catacombs, Farron keep and the huge fucking bridge.
>>
>>335681457
ah she is in the same place as dusks stuff, didnt see her because im not looking at walls enough i guess.
>>
>>335681095
There's only one white birch in Farron's Keep and that's where you find the crown. The tree is symbolic.

Also Farron's legion covenant has a memorial looking like a wolf guarding a tomb.
>>
>>335681554
>The tree is symbolic
of what?

>memorial looking like a wolf guarding a tomb
where?
>>
File: 20160427220927_1.jpg (361 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160427220927_1.jpg
361 KB, 1920x1080
>>335681613
have you actually played the game?
>>
>Kaathr rules Londor

Why do you fucks think this? Kaathe wants an age of darkness, not of hollows.
>>
>>335678364
Bullshit. That giant fuck is my old friend?
>>
>>335681832
I somehow missed that. Where is it?
>>
>>335680187
>People keep saying that Lothric is built on top of Seath's archives but that's wrong

This. Lothric isn't Lordran. The intro states that Lothric is "Where the transitory lands of the Lords of Cinder converge". Parts of Lordran have been pulled into Lothric like Farron's Keep and Anor Londo.
>>
>>335681908

You really should pay more attention, hollows are the true form of humanity, and when the fire fades, humanity reverts to their hollow state. And so, Londor a land of dark is a land of hollows.
>>
>>335682140
Except the hollow ending doesn't have the fire fading.

Kaathe doesn't give a shit about humans ot hollows, kaathe just wants darkness.
>>
>>335682072

Dude just play the game again you missed like half of it
>>
>>335680828
The Archives in 3 are Seath archives.
>>
>>335682072
you sound like you've missed so much man
>>
>>335682252

That's because you have to pay for the real ending in the inevitable Londor DLC

But more seriously, in dark souls 1 Kaathe just wanted the fire to fade, now he/she wants to steal it, but why? Either way, humanity goes hollow when the fire fades so it makes perfect sense that a land of darkness is a land of hollows.
>>
Ok, bear with me and see if my conclusions about Kaathe makes sense:

>Kaathe knows about the duality of the world, and how humans are mostly dark in the core.
>He wants the player to go to the dark ending in Ds1 and just embrace their nature.
>The current "chosen undead" may or may not embrace the dark, as it really doenst matter how many poeple linked the fire before on the long run, but one day a choosen undead does choose the dark ending
>He goes happy for a while before getting completelly BTFO when some undead comes from the very few embers left into the world, fight agaisnt all the odds, claim a shit load of souls from the abyss and rekindle the fire, confirmating for Kaathe that the world is cyclical, and simply ignoring the flame for a cycle or 2 doesnt do nothing
>He starts thinking, and comes up with a new plan (DS3 hollow ending)
>If the flame will NEVER be trully snuffed out, he tries to change the nature of the flame itself, creating a "anti-flame", that emanates darkness instead of light, so rekindling it actually strenghts the dark.
>DS3 ends

Does it checks out?

If it does, what about the fact that the "anti-flame" might fade just like the normal flame usually did, so light beings start creeping arround and trying to change the world into their view, again?

I would totally play a game where you are a human his darkness fully unsleashed fighting against the "monsters of light that want to take out the "anti-flame"
>>
>>335682349

no they aren't, they are vastly different and where are the crystal caves?
>>
Were the zombie people in the woods using those giant sticks to defend themselves at first?
>>
>>335682540

Most of what you spewed out is head cannon and cannot be confirmed in any way in the game.
>>
>>335682563
meant probably the same books not the same location that is for sure.
>>
>>335682540

Well, i sort of agree with you. Here's what i see:

Kaathe wants the dark end in souls 1, let the flame fade because hollows are the best or something. But remember that in dark souls 1, this is the first linking of the fire. Regardless of the ending there was no way that Kaathe could know that the fire/dark shit is a cyclical thing.

So either way, at some point he got btfo when he found out that it doesn't matter if the fire fades, because eventually it will return.

So now in Souls 3, his plan has changed, if the fire fading ends up with fire coming back again, then it's better to steal the first flame for ?????.

I'm not sure i agree with the whole "create a new flame" thing, because kaathe should know that that never works out, didn't work out for Izalith, didn't work out for the Lost Sinner and it didn't work with the Profaned flame(?).
>>
>>335682581
I assumed they were being used to make the crosses for crucifixion
>>
>>335682072
Sounds like you don't explore much and suck at understanding nuances. No one needs to explain to you why Farron Keep is Darkroot Garden, it's obvious to anyone with critical thinking and a functioning brain. You can argue about the Duke's Archives and the Cathedral, but Smouldering Lake and Farron Keep are too obvious to argue against.
>>
File: 1441381020023.jpg (21 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1441381020023.jpg
21 KB, 400x300
>>335682827

The location is kind of close to the Archives, but overall shifted a bit further from the Seeth's archives location.

So books are likely to be Seeth's. People just moved the whole thing over.

Also: STILL MAD THAT THERE IS NO ACTUAL ENDING IN THE GAME, EXCEPT KEK CYCLES.
>>
>>335682827

Oh, well i agree with that. Oceiros's soul says that the heretics of the grand archives worship Seath.
>>
>>335682490
We don't know if that's really what Kaathe wants. Remember, he doesn't give a shit about humanity just darkness. This is pretty obvious with what happened in Oolacile. Londor is likely filled with hollows because of the weakening flame not because of Kaathe. Not everyone there is hollow and those who are are pretty much hated as indicated by a ring description.

Hell we still don't know what the hollow ending truly does.
>>
File: 211420_20160427141444_1.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
211420_20160427141444_1.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Made some screen to see how it holds up.
>>
>>335683007

It feels very obvious to me that the Hollow ending is going to lead into a DLC.

The other 3 endings are just lmao cycles, just like in souls 2, and just like souls 2 had an actual ending on the DLC, 3 is going to have an ending on a

LONDOR
O
N
D
O
R

DLC.
>>
>>335683078

We don't know what ANY ending does. It's all super vague.
>>
File: 374320_20160427142347_1.png (1 MB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
374320_20160427142347_1.png
1 MB, 1280x800
>>335683132
>>
>>335677873
Isn't the undead settlement way farther away from Irithyll than the burg was from Anor Londo?
When I saw where Anor Londo was I just presumed everything else was just buried, considering how Anor Londo used to be really high up and now it's in a valley.
>>
>>335683228
Holy shit stop posting screenshots on the lowest settings poorfag
>>
>>335683078

Actually, i'm pretty sure it's heavily implied that everyone there is a hollow. Everyone we meet from Londor is a hollow, Yuria is a hollow, the pilgrims are hollows, Anri is a hollow, the londor pale shade is a hollow, Londor is described as a land of hollows too.

But i agree with you about Kaathe not caring about humans, i think humans are just pawns to him and while he is technically saying the truth about the era of man it's probably irrelevant to him. Just like Frampt wants an era of light and he is just using you as a pawn to get there. Snakes not even once.
>>
File: 1441705688867.jpg (84 KB, 700x520) Image search: [Google]
1441705688867.jpg
84 KB, 700x520
>>335683180

You better be right. Because I've been mad at DS lore since DS1.

It's obvious Miyazaki doesn't know what he's actually doing. Because the more games he makes, the more convoluted and retarded the lore seems.
>>
>>335683358
Probably because everyone looks at it like it's actually all cohesive and well put together, when really the people "investigating" the lore put more time into it than the people who made the game did. The day people finally admit it's just an action rpg with a nice setting and some nuance we can finally settle things, but that won't ever happen.
>>
>>335683286
Can't hold the highest setting with a constant framerate. But I could indeed make some screenshots with the highest ones. But your bitch ass is not worth the hassle.
>>
>>335678710

No it isn't

>Spell: Deep protection
>"The deep was originally a peaceful and sacred place, but became the final rest for many abhorrent things. This tale of the Deep offers protection for those who worship amidst those horrors."

Doesn't sound like the abyss to me. The abyss has always been bad for the world while it seems the deep was a place of meditation.
>>
>>335683557

Pretty much this. The delivery of lore and story that Dark Souls does is a brilliant method. But the vagueness points to writers fault. Which naturally gets distorted by the player due to lack of information. It's a never ending cycle.

DEEPEST CYCLE
>>
>>335683636
To add to anon's point

>When Aldrich ruminated on the fading of the fire, it inspired visions of a coming age of the deep sea. He knew the path would be arduous, but he had no fear. He would devour the gods himself

The Age of Dark is related to the Abyss and Kaathe and it was never related to the Sea.
>>
>>335683792

God I want some deep sea horrors in dark souls.
>>
File: 20160427143821_1.jpg (779 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160427143821_1.jpg
779 KB, 1920x1080
>>335683228
wow that looks like shit.
>>
1st DLC will be related to Abyss/Kaathe most likely.
>>
>>335683963

disable DOF dude
why the fuck would you turn it on in the first place
>>
>>335683792
>>335683906
I'm desperately hoping we get DLC about the Deep that's underwater (no swimming though)
>start on a relatively peaceful beach (think Ash Lake)
>you basically go deeper and deeper as the level progresses (go from coral reef to Mariana Trench)
>bonfires located in pockets of air in caves
>enemies get more and more monstrous
>>
is there any cute cats in dark souls 3?

i haven't found any
>>
File: Darksouls13DukesArchives.jpg (863 KB, 1920x2160) Image search: [Google]
Darksouls13DukesArchives.jpg
863 KB, 1920x2160
I took a picture. Well, 2 pictures.

>>335684275

Don't think so, but Sirris's gives you Shalquoir's ring.
>>
>>335683636
Add to this Gnaw:
Dark miracle taught in the Cathedral of the Deep.

Summons insect swarm to feast on foes.

These insects which lurk in the Deep have tiny jaws lined with fangs to tear open the skin and burrow into the flesh in the blink of an eye, causing intense bleeding.

and better Gnaw:
Miracle of Dorhys the deranged evangelist.

Summons great insect swarm to feast on foes.

Those who linger too long on the brink of the Deep will often slip. Dorhys is sure to have wallowed in this darkness, intoxicated by its peril.
>>
>>335684329
>Sirris's gives you Shalquoir's ring.
huh, never noticed that.

cool
>>
File: 374320_20160427145211_1.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
374320_20160427145211_1.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>335684191
Don't know why that shit was turned on in the first place.
>>
Man its pretty simple.

Dark=Some kind of element in the souls universe.
Dark Soul=Collection of this dark shit as a lord soul that the pygmy got
Humanity=Fragments of the dark souls the pygmy split up
Hollow=Humans, and possibly anything when all their soul/humanity is taken away basically a husk
Abyss=Manus' humanity that was fucked up in some way by oolacile fucking around with him, something like bed of chaos really.

Deep=A deep place where monstrous shit eventually end up dwelling, could be the bottom of the sea
>>
Has someone with some knowledge of Japanese look at the way the Abyss and Deep are referred to in the Jap version? That should settle whether or not they're the same thing.
>>
>>335684329

It looks similar, but Dukes Archives is way closer - note the tree size
>>
>>335684795
>That should settle
where do you think we are?!
>>
File: DARKSOULS 2016-04-27 05-41-04-63.jpg (148 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DARKSOULS 2016-04-27 05-41-04-63.jpg
148 KB, 1920x1080
>>335684838

I agree, by the way, to the people saying that Anor londo used to be up high, it wasn't. There's mountains all around.
>>
>>335683339
Nope. There's a ring stating that hollows are a hated minority in londor. Those were just a few people you met.
>>
You are on top of a tree in dark souls, below the tree is the sea.
>>
>>335685283
Anor Londo city proper is in a crater on top of the highest mountain around.
>>
>>335683358
Hardly. Some things are vague but you more or less get pieces that fit.

>>335683557
>le dark souls has no story meme
>players spend more with lore than devs when devs are the ones who write and place everything into the game to fit

You sound like a retard. What the hell are you even doing here? Clearly this thread isn't for you.
>>
>>335685409

I went through every ring in the game and none says that, but i'm going to take a guess and assume you meant the untrue rings which say:

>One of the illusory rings worn by the Hollows of Londor.

>Retain human appearance while hollow.

>The Hollows of Londor are wretchedly aged, fraught with deceit, and dubiously secretive. It is no wonder that they are deeply detested.

But it doesn't say anywhere that they're hated in londor or that they are a minority, it says that the hollows OF londor are detested.
>>
>>335676319

I was so fucking hyped when I saw all that water, I thought they had seriously made a beach area or something, it would've been fucking rad, instead nothing, more snow, more catacombs, more fucking swamps and more piece of shit old gothic castles, seriously make something else from soft you are rehashing even locations now.
>>
>>335685987
what do you think detested means?
>>
>>335686343

You should've known better than to expect anything new from Hidetaka "Rehash my hash" Miyazaki.

Hell, the run to the twin princes is pretty much a copy paste from the run to Penetrator.
>>
>>335686469

It means hated, but it doesn't say they're hated in londor you ding dong. It also doesn't say they are a mintority.
>>
>>335685409

No there isn't, please show us where it says that they're a hated minority in londor.
>>
File: ducky.gif (24 KB, 60x95) Image search: [Google]
ducky.gif
24 KB, 60x95
Theres ton of kaathe references in ds3 but he does not exists in ds3. whats with that?
>>
>>335686726
There is a statue of him.
>>
>>335682992
they even go out of their way to show you what area that is by placing shrooms/capra demons fucking everywhere
>>
>>335685987
I guess I misremembered some of the wording. Still it doesn't imply they're all hollows and I don't see who else would give enough fucks about them to truly hate them other than the people who have to deal with their shit everyday.

Question is WHO hates them. Would neighbors to Londor or places that londor hollows have traveled to really care about their secretive nature or deceit when they don't really have to deal with that shit most of the time since they'd eventually leave? To me, the people most likely to hate them would be people living in londor. Because everyday they'd be lying or possibly conspiring and you'd worry what they might do in the future since they likely won't and likely do not have any desire to leave.

That's how I see it.
>>
>>335686726

OR DOES HE!?
>>
>>335686862
Dead Again:
Sacrilegious miracle of the Sable Church of Londor.

Bless corspes, transforming them into traps.

Londor, the Hollow Realm, is a society of undead, comprised of the corpses and shades of those who led unsavory lives. Is such blessing really something one must ponder?
>>
>>335686615
See >>335685987 and >>335686862
>>
>>335676319
Lothric isn't the same place as Lordran or Drangleic
>>
What's up with all the statues of beheaded knights in and around Lothric castle?
Even the altar where you put the basin of vows is that of a beheading knight
>>
>>335687106

On the subject of Drangleic, am i the only one that things that that huge opening in the cave wall on the profaned capital looks exactly like the one in things betwixt?
>>
>>335686940
Well fuck there goes my theory. I must've missed this since I don't use any magic or miracles.
>>
>>335687158

Chalice used in old ceremony in which Lothric knights take their vows.

It is only a formality now, but it remains as an empty practice.

Place this basin at a statue of a beheading knight.

So... I guess beheading knights is a symbol of something or other regarding the knightly vows.
>>
the only thing i can think of as to why there are so many inconsistencies with some of the locations is that lothric was built over time. it's possible it was the undead burg
>>
>>335687230
>>335687158

It's probably something like "to become a knight of lothric you must be willing to give up your very life for the kingdom" or something like that, and the beheading statues represent that.
>>
File: 1429290739770.jpg (30 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1429290739770.jpg
30 KB, 306x306
>>335686940
>transforming them into traps
now we're talking
>>
>>335687106
it is Lordran
>>
Why do these threads always turn into arguing about geography? time and space are convoluted, more so now that the flame is going out. It's said in game that Lothric wasn't always on a mountain, it just rose up out of the ground one day. The geography when you are in the kiln that shows kingdoms literally coming together explain the fucked up distances for other locations
>>
>Untended graves confirms CU Dark Lord ending was canon
>Final boss confirms CU linking the fire ending was canon

I hate these convoluted fucks
>>
Tfw no comfy DS3 stream to fall asleep to.

DWEEBvsGAME doesn't do his crazy 40 hour streams anymore. ;_;
>>
>>335677628
>deep seas
>Aldrich saw this in a dream and pissed the bed

I actually took this as an allusion to Bloodborne. Pretty sure it was phrased in the future tense.
>>
Did anyone human actually live in Anor Londo? I know people lived in new Londo and oolicile
>>
>>335687643

>Untended graves confirms CU Dark Lord ending was canon

All that confirms is that someone at some point did the dark ending, doesn't mean it was the CU.

>Final boss confirms CU linking the fire ending was canon

No it doesn't
>>
>>335687893

The painting guardians?
>>
So is there anything more about Gywnevere in DS3? Last I read about her is she fled Anor Londo before 1 and married a fire god.
>>
>>335688016
says it was the eyes of the first fire keeper and there are black knights all over the place who were Gwyn's goons. So its around the time of the see CU
>>
So why is Anor londo in this game again? I thought I was traversing Lothric instead of Lordran?

I haven't finished the game mind you. I just killed Aldrich, so maybe I just don't understand because I haven't played enough.
>>
>People agree the deep and the Abyss are different
>Can't understand why Kaathe now wants to usurp the fire instead of letting it fade

Ending the fire doesn't extinguish all fire. The keeper tells you the eyes show that embers will still be present amongst the dark, and aldrich dreamed of an age of the deep, not of the Abyss. Therefore ending the cycle won't extinguish fire for good.

Usurping the fire forever taints it. Fire is replaced by dark, humanity is replaced by hollows, and the age of dark Kaathe intended back in DS1 comes to fruition.
>>
>>335688330
They tried their hardest to bank on DS1 nostalgia.
>>
>>335688506

Well it worked with me. I'm liking the mix very much so far, but I'm just wondering if it makes sense and how it affects the lore
>>
>>335688330
Lothric is built on top of Lordran
>>
File: 374320_20160427153655_1.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
374320_20160427153655_1.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
I've been thinking of the Undead Settlement and what is the purpose of its inhabitants considering that the Cathedral of Deep doesn't need bodies anymore since Aldrich is not living there anymore. But still they are actively hunting the undeads. Dismembering them and burning most corpses.

Also, there is occasionnaly tree-bodies and I don't know what they are and what they mean.

>>335687508
>time and space are convoluted
It was said the same about Lordran and still we have elements in common in similar places. It is not to masturbate on Lordran's Geography, but to know where to look and which logic ties can be deduced.

Saying "it's convoluted lol" is just pointless, it leads nowhere and shit on anything seemingly coherent.
>>
Why didn't they just have Lorian link the fire
>>
>>335688935
The tree guys are part of the tree bosses shtick. He was a spirit tree that got corrupted and they worship his ass. Some of them anyway
>>
>>335688176
She married Oceiros and became the queen of Lothric
>>
>>335688276

And who was the first firekeeper? Even in dark souls 1 there were several firekeepers and it seems obvious to me that the anor londo one and Queelag's sister would be older than the one in firelink.
>>
File: Vulpes_corsac.jpg (971 KB, 1994x2935) Image search: [Google]
Vulpes_corsac.jpg
971 KB, 1994x2935
>>335676319
>when anons play souls games

i know this is just a shitpost so i didnt read your shit
but god fucking dammit

you dont need that much hp
>>
>>335682540
>Kaathe

We don't see him in DaS 3, yet you talk about his big plan. How do you assume he's still alive. Eons have passed since the age of gods
>>
>>335688506

This is probably it, and it feels very cheap to me.
>>
>>335690302
It is a end game character SL66 28 vigor, 22 end, 32 dext, 19 vitality(for the fashion souls).
Played without a shield the entire game. Doesn't seem that unthinkable to have 27 vigor against SoC.
>>
>>335689228

The twins have 1 soul, so it probably needs both of them to do it. Lothric didn't want to commit sudoku, and Lorian didn't want to lose his little brother, so they fucked off.

Probably.
>>
>>335690975
Lorian was consumed by Lothric's curse
Lothric was destined to be a LoC but was persuaded by serpents otherwise
>>
>>335688935

I think at this point the inhabitants are either going hollow or have gone hollow, so they're basically just doing what they did when they were still living because that's what hollows do.

Don't know about the evangelists though, they seem relatively sane.

That said, it says in the deacon's set that the dude in the cathedral is hoping that Aldrich returns someday, so maybe they're preparing sacrifices as a welcoming party.

Dunno about the tree bodies, but there's hollows turning into trees in Lothric wall too, and the pilgrim butterflies look almost treeish in a way, and i think that maybe the londor pilgrims turn into the butterflies. So maybe there's something going on, a return to the time of the ancients? Is that how archtrees are created? I don't know.
>>
>>335691116

Yes, but Lorian willingly became consumed by his brother's curse to protect him.

>the snakes were behind it all!

Or that.
>>
>>335691380
yes Lorian did it willingly
the angels convinced Lothric not to do it
the angels are the serpents
>>
File: dsmap.jpg (268 KB, 1621x823) Image search: [Google]
dsmap.jpg
268 KB, 1621x823
Is there one of these for DS3 yet?
>>
>>335690735
>We don't see him in DaS 3, yet you talk about his big plan. How do you assume he's still alive. Eons have passed since the age of gods

Considering the shady bitch pushing you to usurp the fire directly states her mission is from "Master Kaathe", it's pretty obvious who the mastermind is behind the lord of hollows ending.
>>
File: 1306255636204.jpg (47 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
1306255636204.jpg
47 KB, 576x432
>>335691380
>>335689228
>>335690975

What a beautiful story about brotherly love. Hopefully the DLC will expand on it and we'll hear all about the violent steamy incest
>>
File: Dark souls yaoi.jpg (370 KB, 787x1063) Image search: [Google]
Dark souls yaoi.jpg
370 KB, 787x1063
>>335689228
You see how big that bed was? Lorian pounding that boypussy all day and Lothric would clamber on top of him and weakly ride all night.
>>
File: 1461753704409.jpg (386 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1461753704409.jpg
386 KB, 1920x1080
>>335688353
>Usurping the fire forever taints it. Fire is replaced by dark, humanity is replaced by hollows, and the age of dark Kaathe intended back in DS1 comes to fruition

Slow down anon. We don't know what usurping the flame does completely. Let's wait and see before starting any "The Snakes did it" conspiracies.

Speaking of the primordial serpent check out this statue.
>>
>>335692241
>you'll never get hatefucked by your crippled brother for centuries because there is nothing else to do
>>
>>335692241
>>335692395
Why must you fucks make things so gay?

Only souls incest confirmed is gwyndolin and gwyn.
>>
File: 1426922115272.jpg (99 KB, 970x990) Image search: [Google]
1426922115272.jpg
99 KB, 970x990
>>335693113
>>
>>335693113
>confirmed
ayy
>>
File: 1319598727155.jpg (387 KB, 1607x953) Image search: [Google]
1319598727155.jpg
387 KB, 1607x953
>>335692991

This sounds like something a SNAKE WOULD SAY!
>>
>>335693189
>>335693220
But it is. Gwyn made gwyndolin dress up and act like a sissy fruit. Why would a father do that if not sexual? And gwyndolin never changes his appearance and never detests his father, in fact he worships him.

Then there's the fact that gwyndolin keeps his trap ring in gwyns tomb.

The only reason for all this is that gwyn loved to fuck his boipussy evey fucking night and gwyndolin enjoyed every second.
>>
>>335694306
>The only reason for all this is that gwyn loved to fuck his boipussy evey fucking night and gwyndolin enjoyed every second.
what the fuck
they spell the reason out for you in the fucking game
i know you degenerates love thinking with your dick but jesus get a grip man
>>
File: sun_princess_ring.png (23 KB, 211x228) Image search: [Google]
sun_princess_ring.png
23 KB, 211x228
>Ring associated with Gwynevere, princess of sunlight and eldest daughter of Gwyn, the First Lord.

>The ring is vaguely warm, like a beam of sunlight, and gradually restores HP.

>Gwynevere left her home with a great many other deities, and became a wife and mother, raising several heavenly children.

man, i'm so jealous. turns out you could just fuck off from this place.
>>
First flame = good fire
Chaos flame = corrupted fire

Deep = good dark
Abyss = corrupted dark
>>
is DaS3 actually a pre-sequel?
>>
so were Aldrich and Lothric at war?
if so, why?
>>
>>335694460
Which is what exactly? What's the "real" reason? Prove me wrong.
>>
>>335696343
>good
More like "neutral".
>>
File: 1461555259329.png (384 KB, 632x652) Image search: [Google]
1461555259329.png
384 KB, 632x652
>>335686905
Mfw I saw those statues for the first time in game.
>>
File: 1461632133538.jpg (49 KB, 440x960) Image search: [Google]
1461632133538.jpg
49 KB, 440x960
>>335696703

Well, first of all what implies that they were? I don't recall reading anything implying that they were other than the Pontiff sending his outrider knights around. And if that's where this comes from, i'm pretty sure that the Pontiff and Aldrich are enemies.

But, if Aldrich was at war with someone i'd say the reasons are fairly obvious given that he is a god eater. He doesn't need much of a reason to slaughter someone other than "i'm hungry now"
>>
Its a video game. It doesnt matter
>>
>All this hate for kaathe

Why all the questions and contempt? Don't you know your good ol pal kaathe has your interests in mind?
>>
>>335694306
That's called speculation (and not a good one). Confirmed my ass.
>>
>Curse-Rotted Greatwood can roll
What does it MEAN?
>>
>>335692241
>>335692395
>>335694306
/v/ - Dicks and Sometimes Video Games
>>
Is there any explanation for the nails found everywhere in the cathedrale of the Deep? On the roof, and inside the cathedrale and some slugmen are also pinned on the wall.

Plus, the gate before Rosaria's chamber is forced open. Do we have an explanation?
>>
>>335700260
>not a good one

Anon if your father made you dress, talk and walk like a girl you wouldn't think somethings up and that he may be lusty for your boipussy?
>>
>>335701194

no, no we do not.
>>
>>335701341
when in medival times kings would just kill female offspring you should not be surprised that gwyn just hid gwyndolin from public eye, taking he had some sort of superstition that kids born whenever gwyndolin was born were females.
>>
>>335676319
The deep is the abyss. Aldrich sees the abyss as a deep dark sea.
>>
>>335677628
>The pilgrims become pilgrim butterflies
So is this why they chain those rocks to themselves? So they don't end up airborne?
>>
>>335701545
This wasn't medieval times and gwyns the fucking king of the gods. Fuck anyone else.
>>
>>335676319
Why are there Dodongos from Zelda in Archdragon Peak?
>>
>>335701546
Read the thread. The Dark and the deep are different thing.
>>
>>335678364
no, he is thrown into that
hollowing is a curse
>>
>>335701867
For the same reason that there are titanite lizards in the great hollow. They are magic beings, and the most magical creatures in Dark Souls are the dragons. Dragons gave the sorcery and shit to the human.

Just like the Great Hollow, Archdragon Peak is the most magic oriented location (outside of Duke's Archive/Grand Archives). With Wyverns, unperfect dragons (snake men). It is natural to find titanite beings there.
>>
>>335688330

Because some very important shit happened there that relates to Lothric, and that the game even tells you that "kingdoms are converging", one of those kingdoms being Lordran and, therefore, Anor Londo/Irithyll.
>>
>>335697405

He was born with an affinity for the moon, and was therefore raised as a woman because that's what they do in Anor Londo apparently.
>>
>>335701973
No shit sherlock, Aldrich saw the Abyss as a deep dark sea. It doesn't mean it refers to the age of darkness at all just the Abyss.

The lord of hollows quest line you get from the pilgrim coincides with the age of darkness.
>>
Is Manus the forgotten Pygmy
>>
>>335702774
Does that mean he has to like cocks? He's supposed to be a woman after all.
>>
>>335702550
It is too easy to dismiss the whole geography by saying "it is bit of all of these things". There aret too many Lordran location, placed in meaningfull places to dismiss completely the "Lothric was founded on Lordran" thing.

"Kingdoms converging" could also mean the different that the different Kingdoms founded on Lordran have all a Lord of Cinder. Oolacile could be such a Kingdom for example.
>>
>>335702936
And yet Londor and Aldrich have absolutely no ties even though Kaathe is the Dark supervisor. Read the thread.
>>
I still don't understand why all the Lords abandon their Thrones except for that one legless guy if linking the fire or whatever you're trying to do is there a whole point and why they have power in the first place
>>
>>335703589
Did you forget that Pontiff baited Aldrich into londor from the cathedral of the deep? You keep saying read the thread, perhaps try being more involved in the game.
>>
File: 1454238239088.jpg (35 KB, 313x286) Image search: [Google]
1454238239088.jpg
35 KB, 313x286
>>335704091
>why legless guy cant move
>>
>>335704257
Where is it said? If you mean Anor Londo, Londor is not Anor Londo.
>>
>>335704257
Anor Londo =/= Londor
>>
>>335704091
Why would he leave? He knows there is just going to come some fucking unkindled who never gives up probably with several phantoms who he has to fight off for all his life.
You think yhorm the abyss watchers, aldrich or the gay princes liked being killed by you?

Undead are relentless.

so here are your choices.
Run away for the rest of your life.
Become a swole boss and inevitable get defeated by some faggot unkindled.
Chill at the bonfire with some qt close by.
>>
>>335680438
its not exactly a dream just a meditation of sorts. somewhat like out of body experience.

Thats right fuckers, the sole reason gwyns fuckwit is hard in gameplay terms is becouse ashen is beating him with the power of his mind alone!!
>>
>>335704091

Well, Aldrich never wanted to become a lord of cinder to begin with.

The undead legion, what i take from them killing each other is that they had a disagreement about becoming lords of cinder again.

Yhorm apparently went bad or something since Squidward had to come and kill him to fulfill a promise to him.
>>
>>335706028

If that was true, you wouldn't be able to just warp there from a bonfire and there wouldn't be a drakeblood knight and snakes in Oceiro's funhouse.
>>
>>335699292
>Well, first of all what implies that they were?
the outrider knights (Pontiff and Aldrich are allies)
the Cathedral of the Deep invading and slaughtering Undead Settlement
>>
>>335706385
>The undead legion, what i take from them killing each other is that they had a disagreement about becoming lords of cinder again.

Nope, they kill themselves because the wolf of the blood (Artorias Blood) has dried up. They become feral because Artorias was linked to the Abyss and they were very committed in their Abyss watcher role as the ring of Hawkwood tells. They were okay with all sacrifices.

But once the blood has dried up, they became Abyss creatures themselves or at least partly, and that's why they keep killing themselves even though they can't die because they are undead.

Some anons in different threads were saying that the red eyes is a sign of the Abyss corruption hence the Abyss watcher fighting alongside you in the first phase.
>>
>>335704091
Ludleth is the only Lord of Cinder who isn't a total bitch nigga. All the others are cowards who are fighting their fate
>>
>>335706487
dreams in DaS2 had real world implications too
>>
>>335707003
none of them are cowards
Aldrich was forced against his will and has other goals while the other 2 have basically gone insane
Lothric was convinced by """"""angels"""""" to not become a LoC
>>
>>335706487
warping there is simply a gameplay convinience, it would be way too shitty and unclear why arent you able to warp there from gameplay standpoint. Akin to warping to the painting, olacile or DS2s DLCs.

Theres no reason Drakebloods wouldnt be there, after all those in dragon area are just like you, only there in spirit. And the snakes were convinced to leave theyr mountain by papa oceiros. Guided by Aldia
>>
>>335680382
>Irythill is so far away from Lothric that you can only barely see hints of the architecture from the undead settlement.
That's not a question of distance, but time.
>>
>>335680887
Blame Gwyndolin.
Or does the blame go for Gwyn who ultimately left the little moon boy in charge?
>>
Why Lorian crawling on his knees like a bitch?
>>
>>335707003
Guy has no legs. Even if he wanted to run away from his responsibilities, he wouldn't get far.
>>
>>335708364
he became crippled when he took on Lothric's curse
>>
>>335708364

For some reason that is not well explained, he willingly took in his brother's curse and that crippled him and muted him. Back in the day before his brother was meant to be a lord of cinder Lorian was a 10/10 knight that killed a "demon prince". But when his brother wanted to run away he went with him to protect him and he took in his curse for some raisin.
>>
>>335708618
>for some raisin.
t. only child
>>
FROM dev here.
What do you guys think, what could the Abyss watchers represent?
>>
File: skull_ring.png (8 KB, 100x129) Image search: [Google]
skull_ring.png
8 KB, 100x129
>>335707003
>Ludleth
> isn't a total bitch
Ok
Here his ring:
The Soulfeeder was a beast that insatiably absorbed souls to feed its own power. Even after its accursed corpse was burned, it is said that the pungent stench of souls left the air permanently stained."
>>
>>335708815

I'm pretty sure Lorian could've protected his brother better if he wasn't crippled. So that doesn't explain why he took in his curse, unless it was just an adverse effect of being with his brother.
>>
>>335709094
I think the implication is that the curse was too great to bare for Lothric
>>
>>335709048
>A beast that insatiably absorbed souls to feed its own power
A chosen undead, a bearer of the curse or an unkindled then?
>>
>>335678710
Dark and Deep are two different stats/elements. That alone proves you're an idiot
>>
WTF is Untended Graves ? Is it alternative future Firelink? Why only granny here? Who is she?
>>
>>335709048
>>335707003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koCVr5mg6mw

>when your link to the fire
>>
>>335709761
Remember kids. Being burned alive hurts.
>>
>>335709761
What? I don't understand is he here not by his will?
>>
>>335710053
may not but he want die as a glorious lord of cinder
>>
>>335710053
Of course he isn't.
All of the other Lords of Cinder buggered off the moment they got a chance, why you think Ludleth would be any different. He just can't.
>>
>>335710053
Not a single lord of cinder wants to be there anon
>>
>>335710053
>>335710352

Could still be a flashback dream
Also how could he get from his grave to the throne if he wasnt capable of moving.
We dont know for sure if hes willing or not.
>>
>>335710517
As I remember right, Ludleth said he recreated new faerlink, because he saw world without fire.
>>
>>335683007
All endings except linking the flame are more definite than the last games. Previously you could only leave the flame to die. Now you're actually PURPOSEFULLY PUTTING IT OUT. This is the first time in the Dark Souls universe that the flame ACTUALLY dies, instead of someone else coming along and linking it anyway right before it dies.

My headcanon is even though the firekeepee says it will come back, it had the chance to properly die, which will "reset" it and remove the curse on humanity that gwyn caused, finally allowing it to cycle properly where mankind gets their age WITHOUT hollowing.
>>
>>335710517
>>335710654
Ludleth is willing because he fears the Age of Dark
>>
>>335710908
But firekeeper tells that even when fire died she still see ambers in a distance. Or something like that i don't remember.
>>
>>335710908
the ending without fire its the more reasonable (for me) the firekeeper saw this as well.

the firekeeper may just follow the idea of fire without questioning this
>>
So basically

Ornstein was an illusion, Smough got killed by the Chosen Undead

Aldrich decided to eat some dudes to become stronger, then he ate Nito and created a cult

Pontiff decided to invade Anor Londo and invited Aldrich to the party

Then Pontiff locked Gwyndolin in a cage and let Aldrich eat him

Right?
>>
>>335711796
>then he ate Nito
Not this shit again.
>>
>>335712151
But he can eat Nito's corpse.
>>
File: 374320_20160427203821_1.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
374320_20160427203821_1.png
2 MB, 1600x900
I've been thinking of the road of sacrifices. There is this shape of cross that is everywhere. Is it a coincidence that it looks like the sign of Londor/new Londo? The Key of the seal looked like that and the sword used to accomplish the ritual with anri also looked like that.

Is there a link or a tie? The theme of the sacrifices comes back often with the exodus/exile theme and there are the Abyss watchers agreeing about every sacrifices for the greater good, but this cross shape seems to have a meaning considering it is found nowhere else but on this road.
>>
>>335710908

>and remove the curse on humanity that gwyn caused, finally allowing it to cycle properly where mankind gets their age WITHOUT hollowing

You got it backwards, the true form of humanity is the hollow form.
>>
>>335713145

Considering the place has Darkwraiths walking around it's probably not a coincidence.
>>
>>335690302
what else would you dump shit in?
>Only need strength or dex, not both
>end falls off after 30 or so
>leveling vit ever
all that's left is vigor.
>>
>>335711796
>>335711796
he ate dudes before be lord of cinder, Sully use this as worship Aldrich and control Irithyll
>>
>>335700432
He put points in ADP.
>>
>>335676319
how many fucking times does this need to be explained to your drooling retards

GEOGRAPHY IS NOT MEANT TO MAKE SENSE IN THIS GAME

THE FIRST FLAME IS PULLING EVERY KINGDOM ACROSS SPACE AND TIME TOWARDS ITSELF. THIS IS LITERALLY EXPLAINED IN THE FIRST MOMENTS OF THE GAME.
>>
>>335679042
Darkroot basin turned into farron keep.
The mushrooms are there and Elizabeth's corpse is there too.
>>
>>335714293
Yes indeed.
>>
>>335714861
>The mushrooms
I feel sad for them. And every message cheer for their death. Giant Smith and Mushrooms family corpses was asddes moments for me.
>>
>>335704091
Prince doesnt want to.
Something happened to Yhorms sanity. Probably hollow.
Aldritch doesn't care about the flame he wants to eat gods and become powerful.
Something is wrong with the abyss watchers
>>
>>335688176
Her ring description says that she left anor londo with many other gods and later became a wife and a mother to many divine children.
>>
>>335715349
>Something is wrong with the abyss watchers
Abyss is one hell of a drug.
>>
>>335714293
>THE FIRST FLAME IS PULLING EVERY KINGDOM ACROSS SPACE AND TIME TOWARDS ITSELF

Excepting even this can be interpreted several different way.

It could mean that the game take chunks of maps and distant realms and make a huge clusterfuck which makes no sense and defeat the purpose of interpreting the environment order.

Or

It could mean that "Kingdoms across space and time" are kingdoms fallen and long forgotten being revived by the different lords of Cinder coming from these kingdoms, but that doesn't mean those kingdoms weren't in Lordran's borders as we know them. Oolacile was where Darkroot basin and New Londo are in the first game and it is a typical example of such a kingdom.

Dismissing the whole geography questioning without giving solid arguments is not just a shame, but also moronic.
>>
so lets talk about rosaria.

we know gwynevere was the queen, we know she had a daughter named gertrude.
we know she left after having ocelotte.

there is a common theme about muting and crippling here. lorian was muted and crippled, rosaria is said to have been muted and crippled by her son just like lorian.

could rosaria be gwynevere? considering her souls gives you a gwynevere miracle and you fight the dude in gwyneveres chamber. Perhaps she was muted and crippled by her son just like lorian. And the deformed thing she is holding may be ocelotte?

Considering gwynevere was the godess of fertility and all the baby cribs in rosarias room it seems like too many coincidences
>>
>>335716463
Lorian was perfectly fine unlit he shared curse with his brother.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.