[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hidetaka Miyazaki is completely done with Souls/Doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Dark Souls cards.jpg (3 MB, 3800x4328) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls cards.jpg
3 MB, 3800x4328
>Although the director said that he “cannot say for certain that the possibility is zero percent” of a Souls game ever happening again, it’s not on From Software’s schedule right now, and he personally wants to move on.

“If a From Software developer come to me five years from now and begged, ‘please let me make another Dark Souls,’ then I will not rule out the possibility to let my subordinates start a new project,” he explained. (It wouldn’t be the first time, of course; Miyazaki did not lead Dark Souls 2.)

>“What is certain for now is, to me personally Dark Souls is over,” he continued.

>“So rather than make another sequel, I think it’s time we take a step to a new direction. Development of a new IP has already begun.”

>It’s unlikely this new IP is another Souls-like project like Bloodborne. Miyazaki even ruleld out a Demon’s Souls remaster.

>“We want to try making new things,” he said.

What do you want to see from From Software, /v/?
>>
File: slippin'.png (153 KB, 310x525) Image search: [Google]
slippin'.png
153 KB, 310x525
>>335672952
Fuck I missed a line of greentext.
>>
>>335672952
Well, I honestly wouldn't mind seeing more Dark Souls games or games like it if others in the company decided to make it, as long as they're done well. I like the concept and I never really got tired of it either.

They could take a step towards making more fastpaced action games I suppose?
>>
Sauce?
>>
Guess I should've put in the subject that they're already developing a new game.

>>335673235

https://www.vg247.com/2016/04/27/dark-souls-3-director-already-working-on-a-new-ip/
>>
Good. The last thing we want is an IP as decent as the Souls games beaten into the ground by constant releases.
>>
Don't mind actually.
The ormula was getting sale
>>
That's fine. The Souls series had a good run and while I would like to see at least one new game in a new setting, I'm fine with what we got. Quit while you're ahead.
>>
>>335672952

He made the right move by taking a break on Dark Souls by making Bloodborne, and then going back to DSIII with fresh ideas. I'm 30 hours in and it's already way better than DSII.
>>
File: w.webm (608 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
w.webm
608 KB, 640x480
Does this mean new armored core?
>>
>>335672952
I really like From's dark fantasy dungeon crawlers, they're doing it just right, but i agree that they should have a good rest from Souls.
>>
>>335673424
I feel Bloodborne breathed some amazing life into the series and whet everyone's appetites for more Souls games in different settings. But I guess if they're done with the series we can only hope imitators come around. I don't even see that happening considering Lords Of The Fallen's lukewarm reception.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.