[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
if the NX does not have an achievement system then there is absolutely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: nx.png (291 KB, 1366x796) Image search: [Google]
nx.png
291 KB, 1366x796
if the NX does not have an achievement system then there is absolutely no hope for nintendo.

it costs absolutely nothing to impliment and will let nintendo autists show off just how autistic they are. There is literally no reason not to have a real achievement/trophy system
>>
>>335663103
I actually agree.

achievements always give me something to strive for.

I bet the system will be vastly underpowered once again.
>>
>>335663103
>epeen sells consoles

lol
>>
>>335663103
>impliment

but you're right, kiddo even if retarded slightly
>>
>>335663103
literally
>>
You know what Nintendo needs?
CROSSBUY
>>
Nobody really cares that much about achievements anymore.

There's a handful of tropy obsessives but the vast majority of people can take them or leave them.

As much as people bitch about Nintendo gimmicks, they sure love to bitch when they DON'T include other systems' gimmicks.
>>
File: 1403562436653.jpg (105 KB, 400x801) Image search: [Google]
1403562436653.jpg
105 KB, 400x801
>talks about autism
>wants achievements
some good b8
>>
File: challenges.jpg (188 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
challenges.jpg
188 KB, 1280x720
>>335663103
Lots of Nintendo games have their own in-game achievements, often actually unlocking stuff. Much more interesting than the other competitors are doing it.
>>
so is it cross or 7 or neither?
>>
>>335663103
>it costs absolutely nothing to impliment

Wrong. Everything costs time and money to implement. I don't care for achievements at all. If games want to include something like that in game then they can otherwise who cares.
>>
I agree. I've been putting way too many hours into MGSV and BB just to platinum them.
>>
>>335663928
>using hammers
GIT GUD
>>
>>335663928
nah
having one system that is easy to access to see different benchmarks on games is nice, its not necessary in anyway but having one adds another layer of completion to do

the one thing i really like that nintendo does though is the calander thing that counts all your playtime for every game and how many times their launched,ect.
its a small thing but lets me see things i should play more
>>
They need to have achievements and tie it to MyNintendo so that doing them gives you Nintendo Points.
>>
>>335663103
>if the NX does not have an achievement system then there is absolutely no hope for nintendo.

YOU

BETTER

BE

FUCKING

KIDDING

WHY DO YOU NEED ACHIEVEMENTS?! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU? PIECE OF SHIT FAGGOT YOU'RE KILLING THE VIDYA INDUSTRY SHITHEAD. GO FUCK YOURSELF. STRAIGHT UP YOUR ASSHOLE

LIKE REALLY HARD

ACHIEVEMENTS MY FUCKING ASSHOLE
>>
File: video games.jpg (3 MB, 3024x4032) Image search: [Google]
video games.jpg
3 MB, 3024x4032
>>335663293
epeen sells games.

if nintendo had an achievement system that only their first party games could give out achievements for i'd actually buy twilight princess HD and beat it for the gamer score. I know its shallow and a bad position to have but achievements are a fun way to get replayability out of games and give you a motive to play sed games to the fullest.

it's honestly just sad that Nintendo doesn't know the importance of achievements, even steam has achievements.

(fuck they could be called "stamps" for all i care, i just want a way to see what ive done in games and what others have done in games comparatively so i can feel superior occasionaly and be blown away on other occasions)
>>
>>335663767
>achievements are a gimmick

i don't think you know what that word means

>being able to compare what you and others have done in games is just a "gimmick"
>being able to jump in platformers is a "gimmick"

a gimmick is when you force someone to play starfox zero with gyro controls, a feature is when you add things that do nothing but improve replayability/ease of use/fun
>>
File: 1434561798030.jpg (141 KB, 1308x658) Image search: [Google]
1434561798030.jpg
141 KB, 1308x658
>>335664480
the activity log where you can see the playtimes for all the games youve launched was 3ds only, they didn't add it to wii u.

1 step forward 2 steps back, the nintendo way.

also i'm positive nintendo is too incompetant to add a real achievement system to the NX. It'll just be more "post to miiverse" garbage
>>
I will never understand people who unironically care about cheevos
>>
>>335667051
its fun and adds replayability, plus you can see what you did in all past games like a history book.

don't be such a fucking faggot achievements are great, only the most deluded nintendo fans think "its best we don't have them"
>>
>>335668073
I mean I guess they give people ideas for things to do, but you could always try not being an unimaginative faggo

Just seem pointless to me, not even a nintendude.
>>
>>335668249
>live history book feature to see everything you've ever accomplished in every video game is a stupid feature

nah
>>
>>335666297

>a trick or device intended to attract attention, publicity, or business.

>Arbitrary scoring outside of games to show off e-penis status

>compares it to jumping in games

Hm. Well then. You're fucking stupid.

All you had to do was what you were going to do and cite that Nintendo is a gimmick heavy company and it would make sense for them to embrace/steal a gimmick from others.
>>
>>335666174
Hate to admit, but from a marketing standpoint you might be right. I've always thought the achievement system was stupid especially the "Watched the first cut-scene" achievements but it definitely does give players an incentive to play games they normally wouldn't just to have it pop up on their individual account.
>>
>>335663103
I hope it doesnt. Chivos are for faggots.

But I do want a proper account system.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.