[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went so horribly wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9
File: images (3).jpg (39 KB, 321x459) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
39 KB, 321x459
What went so horribly wrong?
>>
"Now entering All Range Mode!"
>>
well its a re-imagining of a reboot of an NES game so...
>>
Casuals dont know how to play a game and review it badly.

Im just glad Nintendo dont pander to these casuals
>>
>>335658841
64 cucks shouted for decades about wanting the same game twice. Nintendo delivered and surprise, it's SHIT.
>>
>>335659431
>Nintendo don't pander to casuals

Lmao is this real life
>>
>>335659260
Fuck you. Kill yourself you fucking retard.
>>
File: 1381945198053.png (814 KB, 774x639) Image search: [Google]
1381945198053.png
814 KB, 774x639
>>335658841
Loss of focus? This >>335659164 puts it pithily, but more basically the Arwing corridor stuff is fucking awesome great fun, as much as ever, and if they'd just built a game around that then great. But they shoved in a ton of other random shit to fill it out and most of it ranges from mediocre to awful. ARM is more on the "mediocre" or even "just plain perplexing" side of things, like, why the fuck would they not even have a radar and think it was a good idea to force you to look away from the actual TV and at your controller just to have a chance at fighting? I mean shit, not like actual free form dog fighting and the like is some brand new thing. Other vehicles just feel awful period.

Dunno, feels like maybe upper level suits came in and micromanaged them? Like, "you must use the controller screen gimmick we need to market that, so just make it happen" or "we need this to be longer and with more feature bullets!" or whatever and forced the devs to add stuff that wasn't really planned.

That's hardly unusual in games though. But it's always a shame when you can see there's something really solid that's had some dross stuck onto it.
>>
>>335659431
>casuals don't know ho to play a casual game made by neo-Nintendo

You wut?
>>
>>335659431
Are you shitters still strawmanning with your "oh it's just the controls!" shit? Gyro has nothing to do with retarded ARM UI, empty boring spaces, or all the awful vehicle stuff. All of that would be terrible even if it was 100% standard controls. The gryo stuff, at most, makes it somewhat worse, but people would get over it if the core was gold.

Although even in the case of gyro there's just plain objective technical bugs, like having to manually reset (which has happened to me multiple times). Even if you love the gyro the old Nintendo wouldn't have allowed that kind of roughness through QA, nor issues with framerate consistency.
>>
File: 1461406802377.jpg (15 KB, 204x208) Image search: [Google]
1461406802377.jpg
15 KB, 204x208
Do we really need daily threads for this?
>>
>>335658841
This game revealed how people are retarded when it comes to learning new things.
>>
>>335660120

it's fucking starfox 1.5
That should be enough. It rules.
>>
>>335658841
They gave it to platinuim games. They aren't that good of a developer. Anything they do outside of DMC clones is garbage and even DMC clones are pretty stale.
>>
>>335658841
>short, few levels
>alt path element done worse than N64 version

Controls aren't that bad. Faggots need to gitgud.
>>
>Let's remake Star Fox again, but with even less content and forget the point of why we added alternate routes!
>Also, you know how everyone LOVES the on-rails sections of Star Fox and the reason anyone even remembers this series? Let's barely have any of those.
>>
60 dollars
reimagining of a reimagining
forced gimmick control scheme that detracts from the experience, yes it's easy to learn no it's not fun to use
>>
>multiplayer
>4v4 starfox against starwolf
>capture the flag, walkers only
>>
>>335658841
Nothing, you obviously didn't play it and are just parroting the opinions of reviews written by limp-wristed jackoffs who can't play video games without an easy mode. The gyro controls and the game are fine
>>
Reminder, if you're defending the game because of the gyro controls, you didn't actually play it otherwise you'd know the game's real problems are the gyro controls. You're just a Nintendrone waiting for your pre-order to arrive in the mail because you picked the slow shipping option, waiting on your allowance, or having deep buyers remorse and using any excuse to defend it.

If you're attacking the game because of the gyro controls, you also didn't play it and are just shit posting because it's the easiest way to trigger someone.
>>
>>335658841
They did exactly what Insomniac just did except Nintendo forgot to make the game any good.

We've now reached a point where a dev crawled back for Sonybux and still put out a better remake of a reimagining than fucking Miyamoto. I feel like I'm in an alternate dimension.
>>
The controls are just weird. They didn't need to use the gyro controls but they did anyway.

At least A Fox In Space was good.
>>
File: 1366171818752.jpg (48 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1366171818752.jpg
48 KB, 720x480
>>335659645
Some Andross?
>>
>>335661614
>you obviously didn't play it and are just parroting the opinions
OP didn't express any opinions other than "game sucks." Try to contain your buzzwords.
>>
File: 1458967111754.jpg (17 KB, 421x399) Image search: [Google]
1458967111754.jpg
17 KB, 421x399
What went horribly wrong is casuals got ahold of it and threw it in the shitter five minutes in because it has a different control scheme. God forbid you learn something new and not suck at it.
>>
>>335661868
The opposite of this
>>
>>335662332
>OP didn't express any opinions except for this one opinion
>>
>>335658841
It needs more major missions. The only significant branch is Fortuna/Titania and that's bullshit. A secondary Andross battle would have been appreciated too.
>>
>>335661614
Game doesn't look even close to what I liked about StarfFox 64. Why should I waste my money into a game I know I'll end up dissapointed?
>>
>10 hours
>already 100% the game

I would even consider 100% at the 5 hour mark since thats the point I beat all the high scores and time limits and some of the medals in levels are just total bullshit you would never consider that require no skill, like letting one of those flying worms live in Fortuna or choosing the left generator first then the right on Zoness
>>
>>335661868
the game's real problems are the lack of content, gyro controls work fine once you get used to them. If the game has any control problems it's how everything is mapped to the right stick instead of the unused buttons
>>
File: 1443097212342.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1443097212342.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
REMINDER:
Controls aren't even the worst part of the game. Stop trying to claim the game is a 10/10 masterpiece just because you got used to the Gyro controls. Even the IGN reviewer got used to them.
Even if this had normal controls, it would still be an all around bland and uninspired "financially safe" overpriced Nintendo game.
>>
>>335663494
>>335663248
This, seriously/ I'll be extremely disappointed if it turns out a lot of the game was cut, there's no free extra content, and/or no Zero with more content for the NX with both classic and gyro controls
>>
I don't know why everyone hates this so much.

I was never a huge fan of Starfox, but it doesn't really play any different from the other games.

If I was a fan, would I look at it differently?
>>
Franchise with one good game did not, in fact, get a second good game on WiiU.

Color me surprised.
>>
>>335661868
>>335663248
>>335663958

I mean to put "the game's real problems aren't gyro controls" not that they are.

My mistake.
>>
>>335664217
yes, you'd be very let down
>>
>>335664554

I don't know.

If I'm hyping a big game, I usually end up liking it the first run due to getting high of the hype.

I actually liked Skyward Sword the first time I went trough it.
>>
>>335658841
It's not perfect, so people call it shit. As usual, they have a black or white perception of reality.
The same isn't nearly as bad as many want you to believe. But it's not even a masterpiece. It's in the middle.
The usual ok average game that gets shitted on for not being "TEN OUTTA TEN MUH GOTY LET ME SUCK YOUR DICK REVIEWERS". I appreciate it for what it is. An average game.
It also comes with Guard which is surprisingly good as a tower defense game.

But none of my words matter. I am, apparently, just a drone, a silly shill that wants you to buy the game. No matter the game got, go figure, mostly above average reviews, you should focus only to bad ones.
>>
>>335658841

bad controls can ruin a game and this has it
>>
File: earthworm-jim-2-t[1].jpg (52 KB, 400x258) Image search: [Google]
earthworm-jim-2-t[1].jpg
52 KB, 400x258
>>335664217

Picture your favorite game

Now picture its follow up getting half the amount of content than the last main game.

Still with me?

Okay, you know the main game mode, the one everyone loves? Let's say in this case, it's a platformer with stellar level design and mechanics.

Okay, imagine a majority of the new game's stages are only half dedicated to platforming. The rest of the game is focusing on new gimmick modes and sections that detract from the main game mode that you loved from the original.

That's Star Fox Zero.
>>
>>335664908
I agree, but EWJ2 is not the right game for the analogy
>>
File: feir1qd2j3wo.jpg (73 KB, 500x381) Image search: [Google]
feir1qd2j3wo.jpg
73 KB, 500x381
>>335658841
Nothing, it's fun as fuck and the best Star Fox game since 1993
>>
>>335659645
All Range Mode is fine. ZL negates most of the need for a radar imo, I only ever used if for bosses anyways.
You never need to look at the gamepad either. Either push - when you really need to, stay in cockpit mode, or learn how aiming works in 3rd person view. I think that last point is where most people fuck up, the reticle in arwing view indicates the direction, not position, the laser will go. If you put the reticle like halfway to the target, you'll almost always hit.

ARM bosses with that auto lock on can be admittedly tricky, but I just end up using cockpit view since you don't really need peripheral in those fights. Game even beeps at you when you're being tailed.

I'm falling asleep so I won't get into the other vehicles too much, but I seriously like em all. Gyrowing is slowish but it's only in 1.5 levels, landmaster main gun sucks but rockets make up for it. That's the worst I can say, I straight up like the chicken
>>
>>335658841
That cover, especially Fox, looks fucking awful. Nintendo is so bad at making their games look appealing.
>>
"Star Fox has always been pick-up-and-play" is the telltale sign of someone who started with 64 instead of the actual good SNES game
>>
>>335658841
You never played it and decided to shitpost
>>
>>335664908
>>half
Most of the game by far is flying arwings. Gyrowing is barely anywhere, chicken walker is needed in like 3 levels. Ever since they introduced all range mode and the land master / blue marine, it's been about piloting vehicles in different circumstances, and they just gave us new vehicles.

Star Fox Zero is a sequel
>>
>>335670049
>Ever since they introduced all range mode and the land master / blue marine, it's been about piloting vehicles in different circumstances, and they just gave us new vehicles.

Exactly, I don't know where people get off saying 64 is their favorite game when it's where everything they hate started.

We should have got Star Fox 2, the future would have been better for it.
>>
>finally reach Andross
>he's an ugly robot now
>he stays there with his hand glowing for me to shoot
>only times i have to move is when he wants to slowly spat me with its hands or when he vomits shit at me
>rest i'm standing still shooting at him
>then you sometimes go outside for a basic laser dodge section
>then we starts chasing me outside
>shoot him a bit
>he dies
>that's it
The exact point my heart broke and my will to replay it again died.
>>
>>335672103
>he's an ugly robot now
>now

>that's it
Have you played the other Star Fox games?
>>
>>335660926
I hope you didn't think this was a good post.
>>
>>335673070
Well he wasn't ugly before, and at least 64 we had a true form, a nice escape sequence and an extended non rushed ending.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.